Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   I'm so done with Christmas cards...whats next... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/im-so-done-christmas-cards-whats-next-594853/)

rockandrollstamper 12-11-2014 11:16 AM

I'm so done with Christmas cards...whats next...

Ladies - I have made more Christmas cards that I can count. I've made them to send to family and friends, as gift packages and have sold many to co-workers (thank you so much guys!!). So what is next?? Valentines boxes or secret compartment cards? I love the "love" cards. Just making or getting a Valentines card, makes me smile.

What's on your list after Christmas?

Cartermrc 12-11-2014 11:34 AM

Mine are done and need addressing, etc. My least favorite part!

Skippet 12-11-2014 12:11 PM

I'm jealous. I'm just starting my cards. I had a really difficult time figuring out a design this year and still may change it on the fly.

muscrat 12-11-2014 12:25 PM

Christmas is my favorite season to make cards. I make those cards all year long so I have enough to share with everyone. I think I'm going into withdrawal after Christmas!

Cook22 12-11-2014 01:15 PM

I'm with Kathy. I'll be starting Christmas cards again in January :D. But I like making them! Don't do Valentine's. I need to have a few more get well and sympathy cards on hand, so I'll try to make a point of fitting those in with some of the daily challenges.

Paige 12-11-2014 03:29 PM

I'll be starting Valentine cards soonand then I always make a stash of birthday cards in January so I'm not waiting until the last minute to make one. But I prefer making holiday cards more and make Christmas cards all year long by joining challenges.

Paula in GA 12-11-2014 04:01 PM

My Christmas cards are done and in the mail. I did about 60 this year & all are different. Had a great time making them this year. I'm making cards for the nursing home near here, making cards for our pastoral care team for church & birthday cards for friends and family. I do a few cards every day. I'm retired though so it's easier for me.

In my closet Stampin 12-11-2014 04:55 PM

RockandRollStamper, How about Thank You cards for all those lovely gifts you will be getting? Or how about Birthday, Get Well, and Sympathy cards are used all year. And if you sell cards why not stock up on a big selection and put Hallmark out of business?! lol Ok, well at least in your town.

For me I'm going to be working on birthday's, thinking of You, and Passover! I might add Get Well but usually when I find out they are already over it....need a better grape vine, huh!?

JoBear2 12-11-2014 05:05 PM

I am still in the middle of making my Christmas cards but I don't mind because they are my favourite type of card to make! Plus I am making some felt ornaments. I noticed that alot of company's are showing Valentine's Day releases the past week or so on their blogs etc. but I am not ready for them yet - I am still in Christmas-mode!

lesliespringer 12-11-2014 06:32 PM

Christmas mode here, Valentines can wait!

ceramicat1 12-11-2014 07:06 PM

I still have to make Christmas cards. I may make New Years also this year. I have a new set for that. I'm coloring images for Birthdays cards, carrying them with me when I get extra time. I will assemble those after Christmas.

DianeinSparks 12-11-2014 07:28 PM

All done with my Christmas cards since I start in Jan. but making Christmas tags to use as gift sets for next year while all the Christmas paper, stamps & embellishments are still out.

SophieLaFontaine 12-11-2014 08:31 PM

I'm only half-started. I've started a bunch of cards, finished only a few. :(

sprtchick 12-11-2014 10:24 PM

I too make Christmas year round because I need over 300 to donate plus personal ones. I need to get rolling on Valentines, Mothers Day and Fathers Day cards. My next big sale at church is coming up the first Sun in May do I need to get moving on the 1000 goal I have for the sale every six months.
Blessings.

Joan B 12-12-2014 01:49 AM

as soon as I finish addressing and signing my Christmas cards, I'm cleaning!!! I keep a fairly organized room but it sort of exploded a bit over the past few weeks.

Then I'm going to take a cold hard look at my stash and decide what is going out for sale or to be just set aside, so I don't have too much visual distraction.

When I finally get done with that I am going to deconstruct my current card stash. Some of my cards are so old that I just want to salvage the paper and embellishments and recycle.

Then I'll stamp!

RJP111 12-12-2014 03:50 AM

I'm sort of done with my Christmas cards for this year. My stamping friend and I will be making one more Christmas card this weekend.

After that, I will be working on birthday, sympathy, and thank you cards to have on hand. I don't make Valentines Day cards.

STAMPTAYLOR 12-12-2014 06:49 PM

Busy making quilted table runners for gifts. Christmas cards will come next.

RiverIsis 12-12-2014 08:29 PM

Card wise I still have 5 Christmas cards to make.

Then I have 2 January birthdays and have ideas for next Christmas I would like to go ahead and start! I also want to play with my Art Journal, some beading, knitting, my die cutters and polymer clay...

stamphappy1650 12-14-2014 02:54 AM

Once my Christmas stamping (card and gifts) are finished I spend the month of January to clean and reorg my craft room. I've been keeping it tidy but I'll now go through and see what needs to go for the garage sale, refresh my memory for what I want to make in the coming weeks. I always hold an open house for SAB and the Occasions catalog so I'll start playing with my new treats.

PikkuLilla 12-14-2014 03:18 AM

I think to inspire me (and to get rid of lots of lovely DSP that I just never seem to use!) I'll plan to make for Valentine's Day, Easter and spring! Also maybe some New Year's cards...

cardmaker2 12-14-2014 02:47 PM

Next for me will be whatever surprises come with Paper Pumpkin this week :) also as mentioned it is time to build my stock of thinking of you, birthday and sympathy. I am pretty well run out of those so that better be my goal.

cerridwen3301 12-14-2014 06:26 PM

I am planning on making some Bday gift card holders and Bday cards to have on hand. RiverIsis I am hoping to get to some polymer clay ideas as well! I have an old book by Laurie Mika I want to work through. I also hope to get back to some mixed media projects that have been floating around in my head for awhile.

Steaming 12-15-2014 01:48 PM

I'm working in New Year now. I'll likely make many more than Xmas and then the next round of Bday cards. Too early to think about Valentine's.

ciocidi 12-15-2014 03:05 PM

All of this year's cards were mailed earlier this month, and I am receiving compliments in the cards I receive. Those brighten a dreary day! After some cleaning and family visits in January, I must attack the craft areas of my home. The creative chaos needs to be roped in before I can be productive. I have ideas for all occasion cards, and will work on those potential card designs for Christmas 2015. The heat embossing on glass ornaments wasn't good.
Scored some deals at Michael's - our store had some empty shelves in the seasonal area but a few things made it home. I am looking forward to crafting time with the youngsters who are learning about the "creative messes" in our lives! Diane