Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   i'm so disappointed with joann's (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/im-so-disappointed-joanns-214254/)

erika 01-13-2007 05:42 PM

i'm so disappointed with joann's

i've been waiting for at least a week to use my joann's coupons for my cuttlebug. i have two 50% for online or in store and two 50% for store only. it says in fine print that it cannot be used on the cricut personal cutter, but it says nothing about the cuttlebug which is made by cricut.

well, after waiting all week until it was FINALLY the day i could use it....i just went online to buy the cuttlebug and it wont' accept any of the codes. it says that the product in my basket is excluded from this promotion.

i'm very disappointed and very frustrated. i was so looking forward to finally getting my hands on the cuttlebug. i plan on going into the store tomorrow and trying to purchase it, but i have a feeling they'll all be gone...... which means i've lost my chance on one of my coupons since it expires today.

woe is me.:(

jmecker 01-13-2007 06:07 PM

They must've just changed their policy, because I noticed on the online coupon that it now says "die cut machines and accessories" instead of the Cricut (like it used to). It's so frustrating. Do you have a Michaels by you? I just used a coupon on it there last week.

erika 01-13-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmecker
They must've just changed their policy, because I noticed on the online coupon that it now says "die cut machines and accessories" instead of the Cricut (like it used to). It's so frustrating. Do you have a Michaels by you? I just used a coupon on it there last week.

i do, but i don't have any coupons for michael's. do they take competitor's coupons?

geogymnast82 01-13-2007 06:20 PM

Whether Michael's takes competitor's coupons I think depends on the Michael's. I've seen from postings here that what is okay at one store isn't always the policy at other stores. My local Michael's does happen to take competitor's coupons. It's worth a shot!

happy2stamp4ever 01-13-2007 06:21 PM

yes. Ours accepts coupons from JoAnnes...I don't think the cashiers like it (might think it in poor taste in their mind, but never say anything), but they will do it.

pebblekeeper 01-13-2007 06:25 PM

Our's has had troubles with color copiers, so it they take your coupon and your name and address to make sure you only use the discount once in a promo period. I use joanne's there all the time as it is closer to me.

erika 01-13-2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happy2stamp4ever
yes. Ours accepts coupons from JoAnnes...I don't think the cashiers like it (might think it in poor taste in their mind, but never say anything), but they will do it.

well that's good to know!!! who sells the cuttlebug for cheaper? anyone know the price difference per store?

StampinMelis 01-13-2007 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erika
well that's good to know!!! who sells the cuttlebug for cheaper? anyone know the price difference per store?

Some have had issues buying the CB with a coupon at Mike's, too. Best to call ahead and ask!

Oh -- and you might be able to find it cheaper online.

arwetzel 01-13-2007 07:07 PM

I used to work at a Jo-Anns. If we were out of something, we could do a special order on the item and honor the coupon on that special order. If there is nothing in the fine print excluding what you want, it's worth a try. Of course, the policy on that may have changed since my days there! HTH!

Kiko 01-13-2007 07:26 PM

Joann's quit taking the online coupons only a few days after the Cuttlebug first appeared on their site. That must have been in November. A few of us here on SCS got the coupon to work that first weekend they sold them, then about 3 days later--online coupons were rejected!

JACLYNNMARIE 01-13-2007 08:33 PM

The website is not allowing the coupon because the price has been reduced. The coupon, I think, is for regularly priced merchandise. I tried a few days ago too!!! I went to the store, they had a few left, selling for the regular price of $89.99-they let me use the 50% coupon, so I left the store with a Cuttlebug in my arms for $45.00. The coupon I used stated can not be used with Cricuit electric cutting machine and since the Cuttlebug is made by Provo Craft (the same makers as Cricut) I was prepared for an argument. The Joanns gals was happy to take my coupon for the Bug!!

erika 01-13-2007 08:46 PM

actually the price on the website is $89. i had to go on the website and read about exclusions that are not listed on the coupons. it says all die cutting machines are excluded for online coupons. but, you can use the coupons to buy the dies. i think i'll just go into the stores tomorrow and see what happens.

tsomers72 01-13-2007 08:59 PM

I went to Michael's today to buy the Cuttlebug using the Jo-Ann's 50% coupon that they sent via e-mail (because it was $10 cheaper). Michael's wouldn't take the coupon because it was printed out and not a valid in their opinion (because people can print out more than one). They thought that I should destroy it, so I said something about how I might use it over at Jo-Ann's instead and the lady said "well, if they want to take a printed out coupon from the internet, that's their business." I did end up getting the Cuttlebug at Michael's with a 40% off coupon that came in my regular mail.

skkirts 01-14-2007 06:09 PM

The Devil Made Me Do It

The coupon in our paper today excluded the electronic system only. I waited until 4:00 pm figuring that if they still had a Cuddlebug in stock, it was meant to be mine.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
SharonK :mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JACLYNNMARIE
The website is not allowing the coupon because the price has been reduced. The coupon, I think, is for regularly priced merchandise. I tried a few days ago too!!! I went to the store, they had a few left, selling for the regular price of $89.99-they let me use the 50% coupon, so I left the store with a Cuttlebug in my arms for $45.00. The coupon I used stated can not be used with Cricuit electric cutting machine and since the Cuttlebug is made by Provo Craft (the same makers as Cricut) I was prepared for an argument. The Joanns gals was happy to take my coupon for the Bug!!

Christine P 01-14-2007 06:42 PM

How did it turn out at Joann's today? I went on Friday, got my Cuttlebug and accessories w/coupons and had no problem. My friend, texasjodylynn, suggested to take another provocraft item to the register if they denied you being able to use the coupon. The cuttlebug is not a Cricut product but a Provocraft product. Some cashiers are confused about the wording in the coupon's fine print. I didn't need to go that far, but it was a good idea.

Let us know how it turned out!

C

taximompjg 01-14-2007 07:57 PM

I looked at it online too and I don't think the problem is that you can't use it on the Cuttlebug - it's that the coupon is for 50% off a regular priced item. The Cuttlebug was already on sale, therefore the coupon wouldn't apply. Sorry.

well, after waiting all week until it was FINALLY the day i could use it....i just went online to buy the cuttlebug and it wont' accept any of the codes. it says that the product in my basket is excluded from this promotion.

nox1 01-15-2007 04:56 AM

[QUOTE=taximompjg]I looked at it online too and I don't think the problem is that you can't use it on the Cuttlebug - it's that the coupon is for 50% off a regular priced item. The Cuttlebug was already on sale, therefore the coupon wouldn't apply. Sorry.

The coupons do work on sale items, but it takes the percentage off of the original price. Last week I bought a punch that was cheaper "on sale" than it was with the coupon I had, so I deleted the coupon from my shopping cart. The website states that you cannot purchase die cutting machines with the coupon.

rgrohall 01-15-2007 05:27 AM

The machine is $10 cheaper at Mike's and I got mine there with the 50% coupon, I used a r*gshop 50% coupon yesterday with no problems! I think as long as the coupon is actually printed on a flyer (or besides from your home printer)- Michael's will take the coupon.

I've been a long time customer at J*ann's - but because they are higher priced on the cutttlebug, they won't take the coupon has made me start shopping elsewhere.

Lisa Moore0626 01-15-2007 05:36 AM

Definately try to get over to Michales. Their regular price is $79 then with the 50% off it's just under $40. That's where I got mine and I LOVE IT..

JanTInk 01-15-2007 05:49 AM

The first time I tried to buy a Cuttlebug at Joann's (December 22nd) I was told I could not use the coupon on it. I left without buying it. But the more I thought about it the more hacked off I got by the whole thing.

So I complained....:twisted:...I emailed Provocraft and I emailed Joann's from their website. That got me a call from the manager at the Joann's where I had tried to buy it (I included the store # and address in all correspondence.) I was out of town when I got the call and she said that since the CB was a Cricut product, it was excluded. She was going to be gone the day after I was out of town, so I had to wait until the next day to call. I was ready to argue, but she simply said to bring the coupon in (which had expired in the meantime) and they would honor it. Apparently either their corporate office had straightened her out or Provocraft had.

So, YES, you can use the coupon in the store. I just went yesterday and bought another set of CB alphabet dies with one of their 50% off coupons and got nary a murmur from the clerk.

nox1 01-15-2007 05:56 AM

I think they take them in the store (well, from the various posts I've read in different threads, it seems to depend on the store, the clerk or maybe how the planets are aligned that day), but they won't let you use the coupon for them online. Unfortunately, that's the only way I can get one...Joann's is a little too far from my house, lol.

joosterhse 01-15-2007 06:33 AM

I used my 50% off coupon yesterday at Joann's and purchased a CB with no problem. She even allowed me to use my other 50% on another CB product, it just had to be rung up separately. The weather was bad here in MI so there was no one in the store. Maybe they needed the sale:) .
Jennie

Kar 01-15-2007 06:49 AM

I just ordered the Olivia alphabet dies for my cuttlebug with the 50% off coupon on the site that ends today!! I am not sure about ordering the cuttlebug itself but the dies worked!!

sunshine 01-15-2007 07:05 AM

My Mom went to her Joann's w/ the 50% off coupon, and she could not even find a Cuttlebug display. The manager did find one on a top shelf for her ... and she saved $45! I'm iced in this weekend so I cannot even hope to go to J's.

mrshungria 01-15-2007 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joosterhse
I used my 50% off coupon yesterday at Joann's and purchased a CB with no problem. She even allowed me to use my other 50% on another CB product, it just had to be rung up separately. The weather was bad here in MI so there was no one in the store. Maybe they needed the sale:) .
Jennie

I found out that at Jo-Anns you can bring e-mail, their flyer, and newspaper coupons, and they will accept all of them in one transaction! They all have different code numbers so it makes no difference. I get so many from all three sources that sometimes I end up passing them on to the ladies behind me in line!

erika 01-15-2007 08:28 AM

i ended up going to michael's once i learned they accept joann's coupons. i'm glad i did because it's $10 cheaper there. i got the bug for 50% off and my mom went through the register with my other 50% off coupon and got an alphbet for me at 50% off.

michael's won't take the email coupons, so i took those over to joann's and got two sets of 2x2 dies at 50% off.

now my only complaint is we live in such a small community that selection is slim!!! I WANT MORE!!! now i'm going to have to do it all online.

as far as the online joann's not taking the coupons for the cuttlebug..... it was not on sale yesterday it was listed at 89.99. it had nothing to do with sale price vs. regular price. if you type in "exclusion" in the search bar on the joann's website it now lists all die cutting machines as excluded from the 50% off sale.

from now on, i think i'll be taking my joann's coupons into michael's since they are cheaper AND had a slightly bigger selection.

anyone know of a good online source that has a LARGE selection and doesn't kill you in shipping charges?