Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-02-2007, 07:55 PM   #81  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by beadfreak22View Post
I think that's a great idea. I hope you are able to find other stampers to play with. I have children, too (two DS's, 10 and 14). I've even offered to give them free reign with all of my craft supplies, but they have no interest. There's waaay too much testosterone in this house.

As I sit here and think about this, I realize that it's more than having someone to stamp with. What I'd really like is someone to share the entire experience with -- the excitement of hunting for new supplies, sharing stamps, brainstorming about ideas, exchanging constructive criticism (even though I love it, SCSers really only give positive feedback), laughing and eating while stamping, etc.
Oh my goodness do I know how you feel I too don't have any friends here that stamp or even have any interest in any crafts. I do have a Best Friend in Virginia that got me hooked on SU but of course she is a wee bit too far to stamp with. I also have 2 sons that for the moment like to craft but I know as they get into their sports that will just fade quickly. My only hope for now is my beautiful daughter that is going to be 5 MONTH OLD tomorrow (where does the time go!) I hope she will get the crafting bug and want to have crafting time with mommy Just wanted to let you know your not alone.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-02-2007, 07:58 PM   #82  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by theresalairdView Post
Oh my goodness do I know how you feel I too don't have any friends here that stamp or even have any interest in any crafts. I do have a Best Friend in Virginia that got me hooked on SU but of course she is a wee bit too far to stamp with. I also have 2 sons that for the moment like to craft but I know as they get into their sports that will just fade quickly. My only hope for now is my beautiful daughter that is going to be 5 MONTH OLD tomorrow (where does the time go!) I hope she will get the crafting bug and want to have crafting time with mommy Just wanted to let you know your not alone.
thanks, it does help to know I'm the only one. I hope you find someone to play with soon.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:21 PM   #83  
Forum Fanatic

I do most of my stamping alone as well, no one in my family is into crafts and my one friend who is really isn't all that interested in stamping. I don't mind stamping alone, it's really like therapy for me, I just hide out in my stamp room and usually have the tv on for background noise. My 4 dogs usually come in with me so I sort of have company! LOL My stamp table overlooks my neighbor's back yard which is an oasis all in itself, flowers blooming all over and birds and squirrels feeding constantly so it's really a peaceful setting. I can stay in there for hours at a time. My dh has his own hobby with his hotrod that he's always working on so my stamp time is my time alone.

But I also stamp once a month at a stamp camp run by my former demo and I really enjoy getting together with everyone for the evening. And my boss signed up under my former demo so she is now my demo and we usually talk stamping everyday at work and bring in cards to show each other what we're working on at home. We also attend local shoebox swaps of other SCS'ers together several times a year and have met so many wonderful people. So I guess I have the best of both worlds, I can stamp alone when I need that time to myself and also have opportunities to get together with others to stamp, share ideas and have fun.

I hope you will be able to find that too! It looks like you've had a few offers to stamp together already!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Old 06-03-2007, 01:49 AM   #84  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by theresalairdView Post
I'm in CT too! My kids do come down and craft with me but I'd really like to stamp with adults once in a while! I love my children dearly but adult company would be so nice. And really, the kiddos don't care about my new purchases unless I've gotten something to do with fairies or scooby doo!

Laura

Running With Lollipops my everything else blog
Old 06-03-2007, 02:34 PM   #85  
Stampin' Fool

Ok Katherine, this one's for you. Robin and I are organizing a central Florida shoebox swap for July. Here's the link
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...46#post6004346
Sign on up and invite your other Melbourne friend too! Erin, we'd love to have you come as well.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:02 PM   #86  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I've got lots of friends and we have a great time together. The problem is, none of them has the slightest interest in crafting. Believe me, I've tried to encourage them, but it's just not there. I love hanging around online with my fabulous Splitcoast sisters, but when it comes to stamping, I'm always alone. I have this great fantasy about getting together with some of you, laughing hysterically, stamping, sharing stories and ideas... It makes me sad. Thanks for letting me unload.
Oh Katherine,
I wish I could come by and stamp with you! You're such a sweetie!
I feel that way a lot too. I have one good friend who stamps but it's not always easy to find the time to get together with kids and everything else.
That's what's so great about SCS! We're you best cyber friends, sharing your love of stamping!
Hugs,
Gina K.

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:30 PM   #87  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy05View Post
Ok Katherine, this one's for you. Robin and I are organizing a central Florida shoebox swap for July. Here's the link
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...46#post6004346
Sign on up and invite your other Melbourne friend too! Erin, we'd love to have you come as well.

I'll have to look into this!
Sounds like fun!!!
I go up to Melbourne a couple of times a year....we love the Melbourne Zoo.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:57 PM   #88  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampininthesunView Post
I'll have to look into this!
Sounds like fun!!!
I go up to Melbourne a couple of times a year....we love the Melbourne Zoo.
The zoo here is great! We went last January when a friend of mine from New Jersey was down.

My little corner of the internet: Robin's Ramblings
My passion - rescuing senior dogs! The Mr Mo Project
Old 06-03-2007, 05:15 PM   #89  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!

Awwww, so sorry you're blue .... rain, rain, go away! (That's just for good measure!)

I totally understand what you're saying. Stamping with others who enjoy stamping, or are actual "addicts" like many SCSers, is such fun! How about setting up a stamp gathering right there? As long as you come up with a stamp camp that's not for profit .. only charge for any rents, food, etc., you can list it here on SCS in the "Get it Together" forum, and include it on the SCS calendar! Even if you'd set a plan for as few as 10-15 ... whatever you can manage, pick a date far enough out, start your thread, and encourage Florida gals to come on down for a shoebox swap!
Old 06-03-2007, 06:07 PM   #90  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Just Me

Hey there sweetie! I know exactly how you feel -- no one where I live is interested in ANY of the same things I ma - not crafts, not books, not current events, nothing!! I wish I had some fabulous pearls of wisdom for you, but I don't. Off to find some kleenex!!
UK ~ US ~ Spectrum Noir
Old 06-04-2007, 03:50 AM   #91  
Rubber Obsessor

Where do you live in South Florida, I live near the Space Coast and I belong to a great group who get together once a month to stamp.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:42 AM   #92  
Dyu
Stazon Splitcoast

Bonnie, do you know "Propecia"? She is in Omaha (she calls it snomaha in the winter ) anyway I know she holds stamp camps & her work is awesome IMO. I have been lucky enough to be on the receiving end of some of her cards. I know she is fixing to do a Make a Wish crop. http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=241676
Maybe ya'll can hook up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampnf1nView Post
I feel so much better reading all these posts. I thought I was the only one who stamps alone. My friend that started stamping before I now is into sewing. My other friend who took me to my first Stampin Up party didnt get hooked and now thinks I am obsessed. She actually gave a way all her stamping stuff to a 13 y/o.

I do belong to a stamp club and stamp with them once a month. I am new to the group and feel like an outsider but each time I see everyone it is getting more comfortable.

Thanks to this thread I now know I am not a misfit! And I feel a friendship in this group.

Bonnie
Stampnf1n
Old 06-04-2007, 05:09 AM   #93  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I've got lots of friends and we have a great time together. The problem is, none of them has the slightest interest in crafting. Believe me, I've tried to encourage them, but it's just not there. I love hanging around online with my fabulous Splitcoast sisters, but when it comes to stamping, I'm always alone. I have this great fantasy about getting together with some of you, laughing hysterically, stamping, sharing stories and ideas... It makes me sad. Thanks for letting me unload.
I don't have anyone I know tht crafts either. It IS sad, we have this hobby we love so much and have no one to share it with. Most people think card making is a 'waste of time, you can go to walmart and buy one cheaper'. *sigh* I feel your pain.

My little gallery
Old 06-04-2007, 06:30 AM   #94  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Julie!!! We have been bugging the Portland girls to plan the Fall event. They did the first one last Fall and we decided then that we would alternate. Dorinda and Shanon did the last one.....I think I heard that Dorinda and Doodah may be doing it this year. We will DEFINATELY let you know! I tend to chat so much that I don't get much done when I get together with friends (unless my project is preplanned) but I love the social aspect (and enabling! )! The great thing about a shoebox swap is the projects are already planned!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
I'm the same way, Kiko!

Oh, Novell . . . NoveeeEEeeeeell? RT? Joyce? .........
Old 06-04-2007, 09:23 AM   #95  
Mad Swapper

Were you planning on going to StampFest in Orlando this month (I think it is the weekend of June 23rd). It has relocated to just outside DisneyWorld this year. And if it is a popular as last year, we are talkin' thousands and thousands of stampers.

Where are you in South Florida? Atlantic or Gulf Coast? There seems to be lots of stamping activity in the Naples area.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:26 AM   #96  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasGrammyView Post
Awwww, so sorry you're blue .... rain, rain, go away! (That's just for good measure!)

NOooooooo! We have been having a horrible drought in Florida - the Bugaboo fire in the north, burning bans, water restrictions, and the huge lake Okeechobee is so dry in places that the dried water plants are burning.

We really want the rain.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:40 PM   #97  
Crimping Master

I feel your pain! I did belong to a stamp group but there is a woman who rubs me the wrong way so I left. I now have no one to stamp or craft with and I am so sad. My only social outlet is my monthly rug hooking group...it's fun but it just isn't the same. As I get older it is harder to make new friends and the ones I have just aren't crafters. It is very sad sometimes...
Old 06-04-2007, 06:43 PM   #98  
Rubber Obsessor

I have my stamp room in the basement - part is mine and part is the kids tv room. I rope my littlest one into coming down with me. She plays Nintendo and I stamp, she'll ask "you OK mommy?". Of course I need all the kids to be amazed by whatever I stamp (that is their job). Works for me!
Old 06-04-2007, 07:17 PM   #99  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
I'm the same way, Kiko!

I've learned to accept the fact that if I'm stamping in a social group setting--even if it's just one good friend and myself--I will be largely unproductive, creative-wise and, because I am exceedingly linear sequential (hands head in shame over her inability to multi-task as the female species is revered for)--the only way I can be creatively productive, is if I've pre-planned a specific project, and bring only the supplies needed to duplicate that same project (like a set of 12 cards).
Julie... and I am the same way you describe here! I can take parts of a project with me and assemble in a social setting, but create something new--NOT! Love the socializing and talking while others are working, but I need to be where all my stuff is accessible to really develop any ideas -- and that's in my own space (alone).

Guess I'm pretty linear sequential, too (LOL)! Loved your blog entry on the subject, BTW!

ďAny time we canít solve it, we have to manage it, until we can start to solve it again.Ē ~Tony Blair
Old 06-05-2007, 05:14 AM   #100  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninatarView Post
Were you planning on going to StampFest in Orlando this month (I think it is the weekend of June 23rd). It has relocated to just outside DisneyWorld this year. And if it is a popular as last year, we are talkin' thousands and thousands of stampers.

I am going!!! I LOVE going to the conventions!!
I am going with 4 of my other stamping friends!
Old 06-05-2007, 06:37 AM   #101  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I think that's a great idea. I hope you are able to find other stampers to play with. I have children, too (two DS's, 10 and 14). I've even offered to give them free reign with all of my craft supplies, but they have no interest. There's waaay too much testosterone in this house.

As I sit here and think about this, I realize that it's more than having someone to stamp with. What I'd really like is someone to share the entire experience with -- the excitement of hunting for new supplies, sharing stamps, brainstorming about ideas, exchanging constructive criticism (even though I love it, SCSers really only give positive feedback), laughing and eating while stamping, etc.
Can you find a local demo group? I recently moved and was able to find a local demo (even though I am a demo) and i went to one of her classes. Through her, I met her sideline and upline and now go to their meetings and classes. We also get together a few times a month to stamp. This has really reenergized my stamping. I love chatting and getting feedback on what I am working on. So I understand! I used to be a lonely stamper too. Try the demo locator.. you won't be sorry!
Old 06-05-2007, 07:03 AM   #102  
Stampin' Fool

Kathleen,
I too have no one to stamp with. I've tried the LSS but found the women very clickish. I'd love to have someone to get together with and play. I always say," stamping is more fun when there are more than one!" I too am a demo.
My upline is in California. So I don't get to get together with my group and "feed off" them either. Everything I know or learned about stamping I've learned on my own or here @ SCS. I TOTALLY feel your pain!!

SAHM and SU! Demo
Old 06-05-2007, 12:27 PM   #103  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Default Not alone today

Hi Katherine, just wanted you to know I CASE'd one of your grid cards-sorta like stampin together -TFS
My Facebook Page
Old 06-05-2007, 12:34 PM   #104  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by AubrieBView Post
Where in Alabama are you? I'm in Huntsville and I know there are quite a few on SCS that are from Montgomery and around that area.
I'm in the Montgomery area!!!! PLEASE help me find them! *lol*

View my BLOG
Old 06-06-2007, 02:40 PM   #105  
Forum Fanatic

Hi all! Sorry I haven't responded to your nice comments and recommendations lately. I've been away since Sunday. It's nice to be home, except that now I have to face the little issue of the melted crayon in my dryer (;-(). I'm so grateful for all of you -- thanks for being there for me, as always.

Amy -- I'm off to check out your link to the Shoebox Swap! (BTW, what's a shoebox swap??)

Katherine

P.S. While I was away, I found a scrapbooking store(!) and took advantage of the opportunity (if ya know what I mean!). I found some gorgeous papers and punches. Maybe I'll post a photo later.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:42 PM   #106  
Mad Swapper

I don't have any stamping friends either. I can't call my upline. She finally e-mailed me yesterday (I've been calling and e-mailing her for a couple months now), and she told me she's quitting. Her upline is in Utah, and I'm her only recruit. I have a downline, but she won't return e-mails or calls either. It must be me... I just usually stamp by myself and then show my ex-MIL. She gets really impressed. LOL She's also my best customer...besides me, of course. I found the thread about the Central FL Shoebox Swap. I hope I can go and meet some new friends! Thanks for listening!
SCS Fan Club Member
Old 06-06-2007, 03:48 PM   #107  
Forum Fanatic

I hope you will come, Elizabeth! It would be great to see you again!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:56 PM   #108  
Stampin' Fool

I'm so glad to see that Katherine and some others have signed up for the Central Florida Shoebox swap! Just think of all the friends we will make! Good things are coming our way:0)
Old 06-08-2007, 08:56 AM   #109  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeniseWView Post
I have my stamp room in the basement - part is mine and part is the kids tv room. I rope my littlest one into coming down with me. She plays Nintendo and I stamp, she'll ask "you OK mommy?". Of course I need all the kids to be amazed by whatever I stamp (that is their job). Works for me!
Denise- It makes my heart swell just thinking how sweet your daughter is to say that to you! You are very lucky. I hope to one day have children who say things like that to me !!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:06 AM   #110  
Pearl-ExPert

I too stamp alone--I don't have any friends who live by me that stamp/scrap-although I do have friends that scrap/stamp that live in other states.
Thinking about finding a new Demo who is more into parties and get togethers instead of just when the new catty or minis come out--in between there is nothing.

1 of Kota's kids
Old 06-08-2007, 09:07 AM   #111  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am so sad that you do not have anyone in the flesh that you can share your love of stamping with...! I am blessed to have two sisters in town where I live to stamp with as well as several friends who stamp. We take turns getting together at each others homes to stamp and it is so much fun. I know I am very blessed! I hope someone finds you!