Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   If it retired tomorrow... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/if-retired-tomorrow-26526/)

Christine P 01-28-2005 01:46 PM

If it retired tomorrow...

What would be the one set you would buy tonight if it were retiring tomorrow? I have several sets still on my wish list, but if I had to pick just one to buy, it would be Bamboo II. I've had my eye on that BG stamp for awhile, but Lana and other culprits forced me to buy Canvas and Just Jeans on the last order!

I'm going to check the gallery for sets you all just can't live without. There are several sets that I will borrow from friends and realize I really like those sets, too.

So which one set still on your wishlist is the one you can't live without?

StampinSteph 01-28-2005 01:53 PM

Definitely Decorative Daisy....what is holding me back, I just don't know! :? I have one more order to go in during SAB and if I'm really good, I'll order it.

Joan B 01-28-2005 01:54 PM

Funny. I bought Bamboo II instead of canvas! I love it by the way. But, if I could get just one, it would be the canvas background.

Christine P 01-28-2005 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B
Funny. I bought Bamboo II instead of canvas! I love it by the way. But, if I could get just one, it would be the canvas background.

That is pretty funny, Joan! What are the odds?

Whitneystamps 01-28-2005 02:13 PM

i would buy holiday woodcuts. I keep looking and looking...

chercher 01-28-2005 02:17 PM

French script. Can't believe I don't have it yet. I will get it with my next order. I already have Botanicals, but that would be another have to have if they retire it.

albstampin 01-28-2005 02:22 PM

Crayon Kids. I'll have to have it this year if it is on the retirement list. I've been holding out hoping to win a contest and get it for free because it is one of the more expensive ones.

Allison

Seattlejo 01-28-2005 02:23 PM

Hmm
Only one :?:

I know its been around forever and its not a favorite but Nice and Easy Notes. Don't know why I dont have it yet...

Cassandranet 01-28-2005 02:31 PM

A lot of people are saying that Aquaria is going to retire. I might really have to get it if it is, because I am a turtle freak!

StampinUpaStorm 01-28-2005 02:34 PM

I just bet Nice & Easy Notes will be retired, and as a demo I'm not sure I want to buy it. They always come out with new cute ones, so it's hard to decide. I actually have none on my wish list and probably won't buy any retiring ones.

Edgemontmom 01-28-2005 02:47 PM

Botanicals has always been a favorite of mine and I can't quite decide why I haven't bought it yet. Just Jeans and French Script are also at the top of my list, but I have very nice friends that will let me borrow those if I really need to use them :)

Alaskastamper 01-28-2005 02:51 PM

I'm going to have to say: Alphadots AND Alpha #'s. What's the use of having one, but not the other? LOL

LizzieStamps 01-28-2005 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinUpaStorm
They always come out with new cute ones . . . I actually have none on my wish list and probably won't buy any retiring ones.

I don't buy retiring sets because I can't demo them. I sell all of my retired ones (after the new catalog comes out) and reinvest the $ in new sets. I've never been working on a project and said, "OH! I wish I still had such & such retired set for this. That would be perfect!" There are always so many new and fun things that I'd rather use.

So . . . anyone want my Nice & Easy Notes :wink: ?

P.S. Tammy, I love your SCS name. That is the name of my monthly newsletter. I never got why SU! was called SU!, until one day I told my friend I'd been Stampin' Up! a storm.

Seattlejo 01-28-2005 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassandranet
A lot of people are saying that Aquaria is going to retire. I might really have to get it if it is, because I am a turtle freak!

But Aquaria is brand new isnt it?
Thats really a limited run.
I wonder how long on average stamps stay in the catty.

stampcrazygirl 01-28-2005 03:02 PM

It's a tie between In Full Bloom and Water Color Garden II. I love them both, but would probably go for IFB because I have WCG I already.

TamIAm 01-28-2005 03:33 PM

Just one? Oh man, not sure if that's possible, haha.

It would probably be Angelic, Solemn Stillness, Toile Blossoms, or Season's Greetings. Notice they are all the ones I keep hoping that I'll get, but when I get a catalog in my hand it's like, well, I can get these two sets for just a few dollars more, lol.

Tam I Am

justampin 01-28-2005 03:36 PM

Botanical, or the snow flake one, can't remember the name. It might be Warm Winter Wishes.

julia_s 01-28-2005 04:08 PM

Tags and More. I swoon over cards made with this, but don't have it yet. I have other sets with some similar things, so I always talk myself out of buying it.
I had a level 2 all on my own just buying retired sets last year! I knew if I didn't I'd end up on eBay hunting them down.....

julia

mom5boys 01-28-2005 04:14 PM

Oooooo, e-bay, that can be very dangerous, not to say expensive--speaking from experience. I try not to look at cards made with retired sets, makes it easier on my budget, I've made a vow to stay away from e-bay as well.

witty5 01-28-2005 04:51 PM

I'm with Lizziestamps. When I see something is retiring I don't get it because I can't demo it & I want to prepare for the next sets that are coming out.

Got to say if it wasn't for being a demo, I'd buy up retired stamps left & right because it wouldn't matter to me if they were no longer available. In fact that's the most important reason to get one you like before its gone!

jodilynne516 01-28-2005 04:53 PM

I think I would get the camping set (I can't remember the name of it right now)
I think they take sales and showcase submissions into account when they make a decision to retire. I have a few sets that were introduced in the previous catalog that I couldn't find any sample for and sure enough, they were retired.

jw4778 01-28-2005 05:45 PM

It would be hard to choose just one! I guess either Coast to Coast or Roses in Winter

grace 01-28-2005 05:57 PM

Roses in Winter...I really didn't think I liked this set till I saw all the wonderful samples on this site.

kayinrd 01-29-2005 11:47 AM

I would probably get Lovely as a Tree and one of the seaside ones if they were retired!

malindaplace 01-29-2005 11:52 AM

Botanical. Right now I borrow it from a friend - but since we're military, I can't do that forever! I'll have to buy my own sometime!

Mom-of-one 01-29-2005 11:58 AM

:D I would have to say Botanicals

Kathy S. 01-29-2005 01:42 PM

I still don't have Lovely As A Tree and would buy it tomorrow even if it was retiring. ESPECIALLY if it was retiring!

ReindeerTrout 01-29-2005 07:15 PM

Actually, I just bought the ones I've been drooling over... so right now I can't think of anything I would HAVE to buy if the retirement list came out. Of course, that could change when I actually see the list! lol

claudia4 01-29-2005 07:38 PM

I would get Roses In Winter! I've always liked it just was sure if I could do it justice! :D