Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Ideas for Valentine goodies? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/ideas-valentine-goodies-517076/)

stillstampin 01-11-2011 11:48 AM

Ideas for Valentine goodies?

What are you doing for valentine gifts? Last year I made strawberry jam for friends, colleagues and family. The year before, I did nugget boxes. This year.... running out of ideas. Please help!!

JenCarter 01-11-2011 01:36 PM

How about tubes with candy in them? Here is how I made some for Christmas but you could easily change it up for valentine's day! Jen's Ink Spot: Christmas Party Favors

Also, why not die cut one of the favor boxes or cut it on your cricut and then decorate it and put little candies or other treats inside it! That would be so cute as a valentines treat and is what I'm planning to do this year!

buggainok 01-11-2011 03:59 PM

I've been thinking about making a "diaper fold pouch" and putting foil wrapped chocolate hearts in it. Here are some examples in the gallery:

Diaper Fold Pouch Gallery: How to Fold a Diaper Pouch - Page 1 - Splitcoaststampers

lbirus 01-11-2011 05:44 PM

Super cute ideas. I'm subbing for more!

CardLadyToo 01-11-2011 06:35 PM

I did Ghirardelli chocolate squares in boxes for the men, Kisses in purses for the ladies and for the kids Cupid Poop - red hot cinnamon candies in tiny heart shaped baskets

SuG 01-11-2011 06:41 PM

I just made this candy and bookmark box today, with the hershey hearts

valentine box inside by SuG - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
valentine box outside by SuG - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

beaddict 01-11-2011 06:41 PM

I have a bunch of Starbuck's Frapp bottles and I'm going to fill them with Hershey's Kisses and Hugs. I'm going to use SU's XOXO stamp set and Love Impressions DSP to decorate the bottles.

jennik 01-11-2011 07:06 PM

I'm thinking about doing a pull card with a Ghiradelli chocolate square . ;) Thinking about it............. that may change tomorrow. :)

jennik

Peggy_Sue 01-12-2011 08:42 AM

I am going to do the candybar wrappers.

cddewing 01-12-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenCarter (Post 17798936)
How about tubes with candy in them? Here is how I made some for Christmas but you could easily change it up for valentine's day! Jen's Ink Spot: Christmas Party Favors

Also, why not die cut one of the favor boxes or cut it on your cricut and then decorate it and put little candies or other treats inside it! That would be so cute as a valentines treat and is what I'm planning to do this year!

Jen, I just wanted to let you know I LOVE your gumball sticks!! I have made tons of the M&M ones and these are great. I can't wait till PTI releases the Tiny Treats B-day set this Friday :) I also had a horrible time with the bags from GT bags not sticking. Do you happen to remember your measurements for the little box you made to slide on your stick? That looks so nice! If you don't remember no biggie, but thought I'd ask.

Carla

buggainok 01-12-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peggy_Sue (Post 17802849)
I am going to do the candybar wrappers.

You've changed my mind, Peggy Sue. Instead of pouches, I'm doing candy bar wrappers, too. I made some for regular Hershey bars on Halloween and for Christmas and they went together quickly and looked so cute!

I take little treats like this to our public library for the gals that are so helpful and kind there. I read a lot and they are always pulling books from the shelves and holding them for me.:)

Peggy_Sue 01-12-2011 10:26 AM

The candybar wrappers are too cute and quick. I am making them for all the girls at work so I need to make a bunch.

I also thought about getting the sweetheart candies in the boxes and decorating them, but I think most people would like chocolate. ;-)

buggainok 01-12-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peggy_Sue (Post 17803293)
The candybar wrappers are too cute and quick. I am making them for all the girls at work so I need to make a bunch.

I also thought about getting the sweetheart candies in the boxes and decorating them, but I think most people would like chocolate. ;-)

Yes,yes. I have a friend who says, "If it's not chocolate, why bother?":)

Peggy_Sue 01-12-2011 01:59 PM

You could also do the Ghirodelli boxes. Those are pretty cute too.

stillstampin 01-12-2011 06:18 PM

Thanks for so many ideas!! Now which one shall I choose?!! I like CardLadyToo's idea of doing different items for men, ladies and chldren.

dawnmercedes 01-13-2011 02:55 PM

you are all inspiring me to start my vday projects!

mof118 01-13-2011 03:42 PM

Is there a cute template for the candy bar wrappers that is being used or are you just stamping a pattern on a label?

buggainok 01-13-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mof118 (Post 17809917)
Is there a cute template for the candy bar wrappers that is being used or are you just stamping a pattern on a label?

I made candy bar wrappers (Halloween) for a craft show I did. I didn't use a template, just measured the paper so it wrapped around the candy bar and could be taped shut. I left the tops and bottoms of the bar showing, and applied a scalloped stamped image, and tied ribbon with a tag around it.

I'm doing the same thing with regular size Hershey bars for Valentines, with Valentine paper and images.

Here is a pic in my gallery to show what I mean.

Halloween Section by buggainok - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

gails 01-13-2011 05:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am using the heart treat cups for little gifts.

SophieLaFontaine 01-13-2011 10:06 PM

Bookmarks, 'cause so many of my friends are either diabetic, or trying to lose weight.

kitkat55 01-14-2011 06:14 AM

[/COLOR]
Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaine (Post 17812014)
Bookmarks, 'cause so many of my friends are either diabetic, or trying to lose weight.

Great idea! This is what I made last year and everyone seemed to like them:

Valentine Boxes by kitkat55 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Finished Valentine boxes by kitkat55 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

ETA: The square Guiradelli individual chocolates fit these boxes exactly....but I used Valentine M&M's instead...

I think this year, I'll do the bookmarks and the candy wrappers...quick and simple!

Kat

anniesmom 01-14-2011 01:25 PM

This is what I made last year. Maybe it will inspire you for this year. I have heard that this tea is available again this year. A friend saw it at WM. There is also a white chocolate kiss tea.

Tea Bag Holder (Valentine) by anniesmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1600693?&cat=500&ppuser=3580[/IMG]

leelulumpkin 01-15-2011 12:19 PM

I am being very boring and doing the same as last year! I have virtually no Valentine themed items, stamps etc to use so am having to make do with what I already have.

Fortunately as my little boy attends a special school he has a very small class (he is one of eight) with 5 teachers - carers and this year all of them bar 2 of his little friends he did not know last year so I am hoping to get away with it! LOL! I will make a variation for the 2 that received them last year!

Here's what I made......

Penny Black Valentine Treat Bag Holders by leelulumpkin - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Of course I may just say stuff my New Year's resolution and succumb to buying more stash! 15 days in and I feel as though I am starting to slip!

lbirus 01-16-2011 10:48 AM

Almost Vera Shabby Rose holder by lbirus - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I think Ill make some of these little treat holders with the scalloped evvelope punch. They fit a choc square quite nicely and are easy to make.

kdawn 01-16-2011 01:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I made a candy bouquet. I didn't use any papercrafting but you could add some. The instructions are on Terry O's Super Simple Crafts website.

StickUps 01-17-2011 05:50 AM

I know this isn't exactly stamping related, but I found these yesterday. DIY Felt Valentine Cookies. I thought they might be cute in a treat bag. I bought the felt yesterday . . . now to get off this computer and go create.

2CuteCats 01-17-2011 11:06 AM

Subbing 'cause it sounds interesting! ;)

kyloescards 01-19-2011 04:20 AM

I have made simple cloth bags in the past for my boys classes - just theme appropriate fabric and sew up the two sides, fill with treats and put a cute tag on them. They were a huge hit, very easy.

forever_amber 01-19-2011 04:39 AM

I was just thinking yesterday that I needed to start planning Vday crafts for my son's class. I'm not sure what I'm making yet, but you ladies have got some great ideas pouring out! I usually wait until my creative spark flares and then just run with it!

princessp1971 01-19-2011 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniesmom (Post 17814683)
This is what I made last year. Maybe it will inspire you for this year. I have heard that this tea is available again this year. A friend saw it at WM. There is also a white chocolate kiss tea.

Tea Bag Holder (Valentine) by anniesmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1600693?&cat=500&ppuser=3580[/IMG]

Very cute! I am going to look for those tea bags!

blest2bhere 01-19-2011 05:51 AM

[QUOTE=leelulumpkin;17818284]I am being very boring and doing the same as last year! I have virtually no Valentine themed items, stamps etc to use so am having to make do with what I already have.

Fortunately as my little boy attends a special school he has a very small class (he is one of eight) with 5 teachers - carers and this year all of them bar 2 of his little friends he did not know last year so I am hoping to get away with it! LOL! I will make a variation for the 2 that received them last year!

Those are adorable! I don't think anyone would mind receiving them again!

thebiscuitscraps 01-19-2011 06:01 AM

A friend on another board just shared this with me:

Sue's Stamping Stuff: You've got mail!

thebiscuitscraps 01-19-2011 06:39 AM

There are a LOT or ideas here:

valentine stamping crafts - Google Search

I just love doing Google Image searches for craft ideas. Just type in:
Valentine stamping crafts, or Halloween stamping crafts, or instead of stamping, type in Cricut, or children's....whatever you are looking for.

Or this one for: Hot Chocolate stamping crafts

hot chocolate stamping crafts - Google Search

INKredible Girlfriend 01-19-2011 07:26 AM

At the end of summer, I stocked up on plastic sand shovels...from Target $ section...
Using treat bags filled with chocolate Kisses...I will attatch the bags to the shovels. Then I will attatch hearts punched with my saying, 'VALENTINE I DIG YOU'. This will be for my GD's Kindergarten class. Thought this would be great for girls or boys. No pics. yet...Project not on my table as of yet.
With this project she will be able to help. I like hands on for her school project. Momma can buy the candy$$$. I think these will be TOooo cute.

INKredibly,
Carolyn

TLady 01-19-2011 07:45 AM

My idea isn't necessarily stamping either, but I'm doing something just a little different this year!!! My friend & I talk about not only our kids, but our pets!!!! I've made little muslin bags, decorated with a Vintage Valentine (Iron On- TipNut.com has some GREAT Vintage Valentines), also embroidery & felt hearts. In these I am placing homemade doggy biscuits & catnip treats, along with a squeeky heart toy I made for her pooch & knitted catnip mice! (They're Ohio State fans, so I even made an Ohio State mouse & a little buckeye!) I'm going to add the recipes & I've made little matching tags that go on the outside of the bags! They will be Valentines from our pets to her pets!!!! Still working on a Special gift just for her! LOTS of GREAT IDEAS on here! THANKS!!! :)

vthorp 01-19-2011 08:01 AM

subbing

buggainok 01-19-2011 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLady (Post 17835447)
My idea isn't necessarily stamping either, but I'm doing something just a little different this year!!! My friend & I talk about not only our kids, but our pets!!!! I've made little muslin bags, decorated with a Vintage Valentine (Iron On- TipNut.com has some GREAT Vintage Valentines), also embroidery & felt hearts. In these I am placing homemade doggy biscuits & catnip treats, along with a squeeky heart toy I made for her pooch & knitted catnip mice! (They're Ohio State fans, so I even made an Ohio State mouse & a little buckeye!) I'm going to add the recipes & I've made little matching tags that go on the outside of the bags! They will be Valentines from our pets to her pets!!!! Still working on a Special gift just for her! LOTS of GREAT IDEAS on here! THANKS!!! :)

Aww...how cute. I'm a dog and cat person so this really appeals to me. Hope your friend knows what a special friend you are.:)

idletiger 01-19-2011 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leelulumpkin (Post 17818284)
I am being very boring and doing the same as last year! I have virtually no Valentine themed items, stamps etc to use so am having to make do with what I already have.

Here's what I made......

Penny Black Valentine Treat Bag Holders by leelulumpkin - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Of course I may just say stuff my New Year's resolution and succumb to buying more stash! 15 days in and I feel as though I am starting to slip!

So cute! I wouldn't mind getting something like this every year!

creatingisfun 01-19-2011 09:21 AM

I just made this little cute box using my SCAL and CRicut ;)
Creating is Fun: little treat box

TLady 01-19-2011 10:12 AM

Thank you Buggainok!!!! :) I'm glad you like my idea! As soon as I get them done I'm hoping to up load a picture to my blog on Paper Craft Planet! ( I'm STILL working away......!!!! )

Creatingisfun! I LOVE your little treat box!!!! :)