Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   IDEAS FOR PAINT CANS FOR FALL, (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/ideas-paint-cans-fall-13169/)

shannon63 10-19-2004 07:38 AM

IDEAS FOR PAINT CANS FOR FALL,

I'm looking for some ideas for paint cans for thanksgiving/fall. I'm wanting to do them for gifts for my mother and mil. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Shannon
[email protected]

nightscrapper 10-19-2004 07:46 AM

My local lss is doing a class on paint cans. One of the displays is decorated with candy apples. They used a large apple die, add some chalks and some glitter. The glitter is like the shiny part of the candy apple. And they added a stick. I don't recall the saying they put on it. But inside the can the stuffed it with things to make candy apples. It was really cute.

Another can was decorated a large turkey. It was very 3D. It had raffia also. I think inside was filled with cute fall kitchen stuff. Like potholder, towel, etc.

There was a Christmas one that was decorated with snowmen. Inside had stuff for hot chocolate.

What I'm doing for Christmas is decorating the cans very girlie. Inside I will put my gifts for my nieces and sisters. They are all very different. Once of my nieces loves make-up from Victoria Secrets. So I'll probably decorate the outside with beauty stuff and inside put some make-up and cotton swabs, a make-up bag, etc.

HTH
marlo

Lynda Emerson 10-19-2004 08:06 AM

Paint Can Idea

I took the paint can spray painted it with Black Chalkboard paint, Used the white craft pad, then embossed with white. I put in some tissue paper, and a box of chalk inside, you can also fill with treats for halloween. I used the Sweeter Treater stamp set but anything would do that the children can color and then wipe off.

Lynda Emerson 10-19-2004 08:07 AM

Paint Can Idea

I took the paint can spray painted it with Black Chalkboard paint, Used the white craft pad, then embossed with white. I put in some tissue paper, and a box of chalk inside, you can also fill with treats for halloween. I used the Sweeter Treater stamp set but anything would do that the children can color and then wipe off.
Hope this helps.

nightscrapper 10-19-2004 08:26 AM

Love that idea. That would be a great teacher's gift. Hmmm, my mind is going a mile a minute now.

marlo

miss missy 10-19-2004 08:58 AM

my LSS is having a class to make a centerpiece for thanksgiving using a paint can, I have not seen it yet so I don't know the details but I am going tonight so I will look and report back if they ahve the example out...I recently made one and make a set of 6 note cards for the inside...it all coordinated and was very cute, you could do whatever theme you wanted.

musicmarth 10-19-2004 09:54 AM

I was thinking about using them to make a "Snowman Soup" kit:

a coffee mug (with a cute "mug" of a snowman)
homemade hot chocolate mix
a peppermint stick to stir
a few hersh*y's kisses
and some marshmallows

I'll probably use the little poem for snowman soup, too.

Martha

shannon63 10-19-2004 12:44 PM

paintcans

I really love all the ideas, espically the apple one, and the snowman. Since my mother is a snowman fanatic and my mil love caramel apples!
Thanks for all the ideas, if anyone has any more i would like those, still considering on what to do. TIA
:D

shannon63 10-19-2004 06:42 PM

bump

bump :oops:

sacramentostamper 10-20-2004 12:34 AM

Speaking of chalkboard paint... My friends and family save their coffee cans for me since I don't drink coffee and what I do with them is spray paint them with a primer and then a base coat. Once my base coat has dried I then take the chalkboard paint and spray a nice size rectangle (I created a stencil) on the front of the can so I can write what’s in it with chalk when storing misc. junk in my craft room or garage. I also reinforce the plastic lid with a piece of cardstock; cardboard or whatever is on hand.

My favorite aunt got a big hoot out of them so, I made a couple of them for her with stenciled flowers and other fun designs surrounding the rectangle. She LOVED them…

I have a question... I often see people write "BUMP", what does that mean?

stampinJessfromLV 10-20-2004 07:05 AM

[quote="sacramentostamper"]Speaking of chalkboard paint... My friends and family save their coffee cans for me since I don't drink coffee and what I do with them is spray paint them with a primer and then a base coat. Once my base coat has dried I then take the chalkboard paint and spray a nice size rectangle (I created a stencil) on the front of the can so I can write what’s in it with chalk when storing misc. junk in my craft room or garage. I also reinforce the plastic lid with a piece of cardstock; cardboard or whatever is on hand.
quote]

I love that idea!!! I have tons of old formula cans that are just waiting to be put to use for something. Great idea!Id love to see one of yours!