Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Ideas for Mothers Day for "not real" mom (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/ideas-mothers-day-not-real-mom-38579/)

troopersma 03-26-2005 02:57 PM

Ideas for Mothers Day for "not real" mom

I have a lady friend that I've kind of adopted as a mother figure since my mom died 7 years ago. I'd like to do something special for her for Mother's Day. Any ideas? Any good sayings/quotes? I'm at a loss.

TIA.

Jane

ScrappinGoodTime 03-26-2005 03:04 PM

This is one of my all time favorites:

As we walk our path of life, we meet people everyday.
Most are simply met by chance, but some are sent our way.
These become special friends whose bond we can't explain;
The ones who understand us and share our joy and pain.

Their love contains no boundaries so even when we’re apart.
Their presence enhances us with a warmth felt in the heart.
This love becomes a passageway when even the miles disappear.
And so, these friends, God sends our way, remain forever near.

foxanne 03-26-2005 03:48 PM

Hmm...that's kind of a tough situation. I would say...express your heart-felt thanks for all that she's done for you and perhaps tell her that your own mother would be very thankful to her for "taking care" of you. (I know I would want my kids to somehow "adopt" a parent if I were to pass away.)

It's nice to have people in your life who seem to fill the voids in your heart. I sure appreciated the poem that Jane posted...I'll have to write that one down.

As far as gift suggestions are concerned, perhaps give her something that you would want your own mother to have.

Tell me how it turns out!
Roxanne

dmsd 03-26-2005 05:34 PM

There's a couple of sample of cards for people who "are like a mom" in the March/April Paper Crafts as well as a couple of sayings--HTH!

:D

MSBetsyZ 03-26-2005 07:28 PM

Many, many years ago I sent a mother's day card to my aunt who really was like a second mother. It was a very simple card, no long verse or anything like that, but the inside sentiment said, "Happy Mother-ish" Day." Years later, after she died, I found that card in her desk, in the "secret compartment." Made me cry....to think she'd saved it with her important papers all those years...

Hugs,
Betsy

troopersma 03-27-2005 11:48 AM

Thanks

Thanks for the ideas so far. Anyone else have something to share?

Jane

Wobette 03-27-2005 12:21 PM

The phrase I am using for my "MOM" this year came from something one of the kids in my bible class said to me and its

"For all you are to me and everything you do - Thanks"

greendarner 03-27-2005 05:14 PM

Maybe a pretty card with flowers and the words "Thinking of You". Because you ARE thinking of her.

I always use that phrase for the times nothing else seems to "work".

mom2kjs 03-27-2005 05:43 PM

See now, my mom died 7 years ago and my former MIL has really filled that void for me. I have no problems sending her a card that says "Happy Mother's Day" on it. After all...not only does she fill those motherly roles for me but she also loves me (and my children) as one of her own. Just my situation I know but you wanted other ideas! :D ~Lorie

troopersma 03-30-2005 08:02 AM

Updated idea

I don't know how many of you are country fans...but there is a song called "I'll Be" that talks about being there when times are bad. I was thinking of maybe burning this song to a CD and then making a card that says "Thanks for being my "I'll Be"...Happy Mother(ish) Day" or something to that effect. What do you think? And is there a way to decorate up the cd or the cd case?

Jane