Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Ideas for Christmas Gift (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/ideas-christmas-gift-397120/)

QueenInkAlot 11-11-2008 03:07 PM

Ideas for Christmas Gift

I have an idea for Christmas Gifts, but I need help with figuring out how to package it.

I'd like to do a daily quote. I did a basket of quotes for a friend once and I typed out each quote on the Word Processor and then cut them out and rolled them like a scroll and tied each one with a ribbon. I just put them in a basket with instructions to pull one each day. It was well received, but I think I can do better with presentation. That, and I don' want to roll a bazillion quotes!

I'd like to do some that are 365 quotes, others that are weekly and some that are monthly.

Ideas? Anyone? Please help!

stampacard 11-11-2008 03:51 PM

I plan on making a jar full of Bible verses for my children. I will print 365 Bible verses and cut them apart. I am thinking I will roll the papers (around a pencil to curl it) and then put them in a Mason jar (that I will decorate).

I realize this is still rolling the paper, but not tying it like a scroll. It wouldn't take as long. I am interested to hear other ideas, too!

puppydoggrins 11-11-2008 04:17 PM

My mom bought me an "I can" can. It was a bunch of encouraging quotations/thoughts. It was packaged in a little tin can with a lid. All the thoughts/quotations were typed out on cardstock, cut out, and just placed in the tin. There might have been some tissue paper in the tin as well... I forget. I'd suspect you could find tins at Michael's or even a dollar store.

ndh619 11-11-2008 07:14 PM

Last year for my daughters end of the year gift to her teacher, I asked her to tell me a bunch of things she could remember about the school year and/or her teacher that she enjoyed...she ended up with 20 things on her own! I printed them out and cut them into strips of random lengths. I made a 2-4-6-8 box but didn't close it. I left the top open. I cut cardstock into thin strips then crimped it and put it in the bottom of the box. Then I added the "quote" strips, standing up, so they stuck out of the top of the box (at random lengths). The teacher really enjoyed pulling out these little letters from my daughter one at a time telling her about my daughter's favorite activity or why she liked her teacher so much...etc. I really loved the way it came out and I wish I snapped a pic before I gave it away!

puppydoggrins 11-11-2008 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndh619 (Post 12020294)
Last year for my daughters end of the year gift to her teacher, I asked her to tell me a bunch of things she could remember about the school year and/or her teacher that she enjoyed...she ended up with 20 things on her own! I printed them out and cut them into strips of random lengths. I made a 2-4-6-8 box but didn't close it. I left the top open. I cut cardstock into thin strips then crimped it and put it in the bottom of the box. Then I added the "quote" strips, standing up, so they stuck out of the top of the box (at random lengths). The teacher really enjoyed pulling out these little letters from my daughter one at a time telling her about my daughter's favorite activity or why she liked her teacher so much...etc. I really loved the way it came out and I wish I snapped a pic before I gave it away!

I'm a teacher and that would be the absolute best gift EVER! I know for sure that it would have made me cry. So sweet.

QueenInkAlot 11-12-2008 04:42 AM

These are all

great ideas! Thanks so much, and I hope we get some more.