Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-12-2006, 01:50 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Default Ideas for a 98 yo lady...

Yup, my great-grandmother turned 98 this week. I think it's really cool that my daughter knows her great-great-grandmother!! Tomorrow we're going to the nursing home that she lives at to have a little birthday party for her.

I've been trying to think of a little something I could make for her, but I'm coming up blank. She lives in the nursing home, is in a wheel chair, can't eat chocolate/candy, she's "with it" but starting to slip (which can be forgiven at 98!!)... I'm going through the gallery trying to get some inspiration and none is coming. I know she'll be perfectly happy with a card and getting to see us all (especially the poodle - she recognizes him more than me!! lol). But I'd like to have a little something for her as well...

Any thought??

Thanks!!
Old 08-12-2006, 01:55 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Could you put together a quick little album of family? Maybe even a little album just of her great-great-grandchildren.

Are you specifically looking for something you can MAKE to give her?

You could even just write her a sweet letter telling her how wonderful you think it is that her g2-grandchildren know her or how much she has meant in your life.

Just my thoughts.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-12-2006, 02:28 PM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Tommorrow is very soon, but she might enjoy a stamped calendar. Maybe since she likes the poodle so much, you could do a poodle calendar with pictures of the poodle. If the dog is something that she seems to relate to, it might brighten her day. Maybe if you don't have time to make one you could even just buy one with poodles in it. Wasn't sure if your goal was to handmake something or just bring her something. My mother-in-law is not that old, she's only 82, but she just loves writing everything down on the calendar... It was hot today, the neighbor brought over brownies today, you know what I mean.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:39 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

How cute love that the ladies are still so spunky! Here is my idea. How about some stationary for her to write letters to all her grandchildren with poodles on them?
Old 08-12-2006, 03:52 PM   #5  
Watercolor Wizard

What about making her a little coupon book?
You could give her one to cash in for a visit from the poodle, one for a visit from the great great grandchildren, one for a drive in a nearby park or something. One could be for the calendar that everyone is talking about. One could be for a casserole that she could share one night with friends or nursing home employees. (Wouldn't hurt to be on their good side.)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2006, 06:36 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Maybe it is too late for this, but my mother, who passed away 2 years ago at age 96, loved kind of noisy toys!! She was of sound mind, but enjoyed having a tickle me Elmo and a dansing chicken - to share with the kids (and the not so young) who came to visit!

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/