Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   I was on withdrawal....how about you? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/i-withdrawal-how-about-you-276/)

Beate 01-25-2004 06:52 AM

I was on withdrawal....how about you?

Hello everyone,

I am so glad this site is back. I had serious withdrawals! How about you?
Daven....you can't do that to us again. We need this site as much as we need our chocolate. :lol:

Hugs and smiles (actually a BIG grin right now)

vterrell 01-25-2004 07:04 AM

I'm addicted!

I am so glad that this site is back as well, I guess I didn't know how much I depended on it! :D

kim 01-25-2004 08:13 AM

Yep, I'm sure glad this site is back. I sure went crazy without it. Thanks for getting everything back.

Kim :D

stmpnmomof3 01-25-2004 08:36 AM

Yippeeeee! So glad to see this back up

:D Thanks for all the hard work everyone, can't wait to check out all the new ideas!
Lenita

kendra 01-25-2004 08:46 AM

I was checking back constantly!

I'm so glad too. This site is the best & it was driving me crazy that I couldn't look at cards. So very happy this cold and wintery morning! :D
Thanks for all the hard work in getting it back up and running! Kendra

Blue Peanut 01-25-2004 03:47 PM

I am new and just as addicted!!

I passed this website on to my friend who is a demostrator and of course it is when the site was down so she hasn't been able to look at it!! I know she will just love it for ideas!! I am glad you all are back up and running! I am always looking for something new to try!! Take care all!! :D

LunarLana 01-25-2004 04:27 PM

Yes! I was definately going crazy without this website. Thank you VERY much for all of your hard work! Lana

Cambria 01-25-2004 10:07 PM

:shock: Yipeeeeeeeeeeee Skipeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Doing the happy dance! THANK YOU DAVEN!!! :wink:

splitcoaststampers 01-25-2004 11:23 PM

thanks for the kind words everyone. 8) I don't plan to repeat that 'exercise in sleeplessness' again for some time, so our offline days should be behind us. splitcoaststampers - we'll be here for 'ya!

quick survey question. if we were to host auctions here of stamping-related items - retired SU! stamp sets, accessories, hand-stamped gifts, whatever, would you be interested? do you use e-bay or other auction sites now? for buying? for selling? what's your experience been like? was it worth it? any pitfalls? are auctions a good "fit" for acquiring or disposing of stamp stuff? opinions please.

qcbetty 01-26-2004 04:59 AM

Withdrawals? You bet....

This site is inspiration plus...and it was missed last week!!

Glad it's back up and running....

craftdoc 01-26-2004 05:55 AM

auctions

I prefer posting BSTs rather than auctions. With a BST you know exactly what price you will get. With an auction, you would have to constantly monitor whether people are putting up stuff that they shouldn't such as current stamps and merchandise, hand stamped items (not allowed at a fixed location which includes a website). I have used Ebay on occasion to sell retired sets if I can't sell them on Stampin' Discuss or various mailing lists (SUSisters, StampinUpExchange, Stmpbus BST board). I use Ebay as a last resort, since after paying fees, you might not get what you wanted for a set. I have NEVER bought an SU item on ebay - as a demo, I can always get it cheaper myself by ordering, or if retired, through another demonstrator. Plus, some Ebay sellers are a little deceptive in their advertising and take advantage of those that are not savvy.

Quote:

quick survey question. if we were to host auctions here of stamping-related items - retired SU! stamp sets, accessories, hand-stamped gifts, whatever, would you be interested? do you use e-bay or other auction sites now? for buying? for selling? what's your experience been like? was it worth it? any pitfalls? are auctions a good "fit" for acquiring or disposing of stamp stuff? opinions please.

splitcoaststampers 01-26-2004 08:41 AM

THANKS Kim, that's some great info. I think you'd mentioned before the restriction on web selling of hand-stamped items, but I hadn't remembered that. My initial thought was that perhaps we could provide a better experience than what someone would get buying/selling stamp stuff on e-bay, etc.

MyPrecious 01-26-2004 09:46 AM

Ahhh!

I was having withdrawl.....Thanks for getting it back online! As for the place to buy old, retired or well used no longer used sets, I would love it. I hate to buy on ebay b.c sometimes you never know if you are going to get what you paid for. Also, is anyone else bothered that some demos are using ebay to sell exclusively. It bothers me. I don't think it is fair that they are not following the rules. I am sure that my demo (who is GREAT) would love to make extra money on ebay. But she doesn't. Why doesn't SU shut those people down? I guess it doesn't really matter, it just seems unfair. BTW, I am not a demo, just a good customer. So I don't have access to the demo sites....

craftdoc 01-26-2004 10:18 AM

We have our own Buy/Sell/Trade right here in the forums - check it out!