Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   I was in Target yesterday.... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/i-target-yesterday-393239/)

daisygirl016 10-27-2008 02:58 AM

I was in Target yesterday....

and they had the round tins that can be used for favors for bridal/baby showers.....20 for $4.98. Of course I had to buy some and now I'm looking at them going....what the heck am I going to do with them??!! Anyone have any ideas? These you've probably seen in Michaels, if you used them for favors you could fit probably candy in them!

Thank you :)

Susannk 10-27-2008 03:00 AM

I have seen them with a stamped image inside with a little confetti or beads and then decorated with ribbon and used as an ornament.

craftsrlb 10-27-2008 03:13 AM

tins

I make round scallop tags and put them in for gifts....also fold out mini scrapbooks

lauraos 10-27-2008 03:19 AM

Last year I used those kind of tins for an advent calendar. This year I want to make ornaments with them.

Laura

GinaLin 10-27-2008 03:39 AM

I was in Target last night and bought some too! They also had little white pails for the same price. Not sure what I am going to do with them yet though. I'll let you know when I think of something.

I was at Michael's last night and they had acrylic boxes on clearence. They were also the favor size and I got some of them too. These are large enough to hold wrapped candy though.

Have fun creating something with them!

askagain 10-27-2008 03:52 AM

I bought some of those too. I was thinking of making reindeer dust for my sons kindergarden class.

Crafty Math Chick 10-27-2008 03:58 AM

Thanks! Will have to go check them out (bet ours won't have any left).

I want to make advent calenders from my friends!

Kathy Daume' has a TERRIFIC tutorial here:

http://kathy-prettyinink.blogspot.co...1_archive.html

Wish me luck!! :)

craftsrlb 10-27-2008 04:01 AM

target

I use the buckets to make candles...super easy to do..I use partylite candles that I like the scent of, then I have dozens for the cost of a tea lite or 2.
I got the little paper favor boxes in craft color and 2 in clear acetate...someday I'll use them or hoard them like the rest of my stuff cause you know once you use them for something a fantastic idea will come up and you will have "wasted" them.

katydidnt 10-27-2008 04:14 AM

We made those last year at my Holiday stamp camp. Used the crop-a-dile to punch several holes around the top to thread a ribbon through (Used the cranberry crisp satin ribbon) and then stamped Merry Christmas in staz-on on the outside. You could do the same idea but use the Chistmas rub-ons or use alphabet stamps to make place cards for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. Fill them with little bags of candy.

StampinHappyInCT 10-27-2008 04:32 AM

If you're talking about the round tins with clear tops, here's a great idea from vmaduzia. I used this idea last year and made several for my son's school's holiday bazaar. They were a big hit.

Crafty Math Chick 10-27-2008 09:53 AM

I DON'T BELIEVE IT!! THEY HAD ONE!

It was $6.24 instead of $4.98 but that is still REALLY good! They had more - for the full $19.99 price and have been reformulated now as "baby favors" rather than wedding - same stuff, different packaging. They also had a set of 50 small favor boxes about 2 x 2 x 2 for $4.98 as well. I don't know what I will use them for but that was such a great price I got them too.

Thanks so much Melissa! :)

Kharmagirl 10-27-2008 09:58 AM

I actually use mine to store embellishments...but I would love to actually make something with them!

whoistracy 10-28-2008 11:16 AM

You could put different flavors of coffee in them and package them up as a gift set. Different types of cocoa with the same idea.

You could do an ice cream decorating set and put different toppings in each, then package them together as a set.

ebeart 10-28-2008 02:51 PM

super cool!

daisygirl016 10-28-2008 03:46 PM

coffee/hot chocolate/ice cream decorating.....LOVE IT!!! Hadn't thought about these!

Thanks for the great ideas!!!

GinaLin 10-28-2008 04:32 PM

I am thinking of making cookie baskets with cookie mix, cookie cutters and using the little tins for different types of sprinkles.

KristaTracy 10-28-2008 06:51 PM

I was just at Target and did not see them. Where did you find them?

Thanks!
Krista

GinaLin 10-28-2008 07:01 PM

At my Target they were on an endcap where the scrapbook supplies and school supplies are located.

whoistracy 10-29-2008 06:22 AM

Did you see on Lisa Johnson's blog where she made flubber and then used these tins to hold it??

http://poppypaperie.typepad.com/popp...en-treats.html

lnl96 10-29-2008 11:17 AM

I plan to put those adhesive magnet strips on the bottom and store embellishments in the tins (I have some metal strips from Ikea that you screw to the wall for using with magnets, but you could also put them on the side of a filing cabinet or even a cookie sheet hung on the wall).

threeteens 10-29-2008 11:41 AM

Are you kidding? Here they cost $30 for 30 of them! I think I need to move LOLl!

EMGcrafter 10-29-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinaLin (Post 11834000)
I was in Target last night and bought some too! They also had little white pails for the same price. Not sure what I am going to do with them yet though. I'll let you know when I think of something.

I was at Michael's last night and they had acrylic boxes on clearence. They were also the favor size and I got some of them too. These are large enough to hold wrapped candy though.

Have fun creating something with them!

My local target has the little pails on clearance too for $4.98. I wanted to buy them but I didn't because I couldn't figure out what to use them for; thank goodness I stopped myself. I don't want to add to my stash of...ooh these would be good for something items, lol.