Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-27-2006, 07:43 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I sent my daughter to Michaels for my Christmas gift and

she really surprised me. I told her to just buy me a 1/8 inch hole punch because I couldn't find mine and needed one. And she came home with a Crop a Dille. When I opened it I just couldn't believe it. I told her I wasn't even sure what one was or what it did but everyone here talks about them and says they are great. Michaels was out of the punch that I wanted (ours is always out of everything and its even a new Michaels) so she thought this might work. I can't wait to play with it. She is a great present shopper!!! Mary
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2006, 07:50 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

You'll love it, especially for hard to cut things like chipboard or when you want to punch holes in albums.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2007, 12:26 PM   #3  
Google Master

So Mary, Did you try it out yet?? Isn't it just great!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2007, 12:43 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

No I haven't tried it yet. I am trying to get all my stuff organized and that is taking forever. I make quite the mess when I do my projects and my lovely daughter also bought me a wicker basket bin thing to help me organize my stuff. So that first but I grabbed it last night and looked longingly at it but had to put it aside for now. But by the weekend, no matter if my organizing is done or not, I'm playing with that baby. I can't wait!!! She told me that when she found it and read what it did, she thought that maybe I wouldn't wake her up in the middle of the night with my eyelet pounding and that it was sort of a gift for her too!! But I hope I understand this tool right. It punches holes, sets eyelets and things like that, punches through tougher things than just paper (like maybe a few pieces of cardstock at a time, coasters, things like that?) Anything else it does that I'm missing?? mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2007, 12:45 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

What a great gift. I just bought one and I can not believe I resisted getting one for so long. I just love it. Have fun playing.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2007, 07:49 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

What a thoughtful daughter!!!

I love my crop-a-dile. My DH calls it my torture device.

I never did give anybody hell. I just told the truth and they thought it was hell.

Harry S. Truman
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2007, 06:36 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Well I played with it last night and its great. I did ruin some eyelets though so I have to 'learn' the best settings but it really punches and sets very smoothly. Its kind of big and scary but I really liked how it worked. I was shown before how you could set eyelets just with a hole punch but I never liked how that worked - this is sweet though. I think I pressed it too hard on setting the eyelets though - I just didn't believe it was going to work - and that's why some got kind of broken or didn't set right. Anyway, just with the bit I played with, I really liked what it did. Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2007, 08:04 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

I don't have one but played a little at an upline meeting a while back. You can punch through metal as well - think metal flower pots, lunch tines, etc. Looks like a great tool - I might spring for one with a coupon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2007, 08:08 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh this is the coolest thing. I find myself running through the house looking for things to try to punch. Every magazine that comes in now has been punched in some fashion. but I must admit I still have to practice at the setting eyelet feature because it gets quite mangled. Instructions probably will help with that. Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2007, 08:40 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

the one thing I didn't really get was the depth of the punch thingy. I guess you can tell it how deep it will punch? but didn't really get how that worked. The instructions aren't all that great from what I could see (and now they are all punched and eyeletted because I played with that cardboard piece last night) but I learn better by doing anyway. The one nice thing that I can see right away is that the two punches you probably use the most is right there, you don't have to go looking for one or the other, you just can't miss this thing!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2007, 08:48 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a great surprise!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2007, 09:44 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrussom
the one thing I didn't really get was the depth of the punch thingy. I guess you can tell it how deep it will punch? but didn't really get how that worked. The instructions aren't all that great from what I could see (and now they are all punched and eyeletted because I played with that cardboard piece last night) but I learn better by doing anyway. The one nice thing that I can see right away is that the two punches you probably use the most is right there, you don't have to go looking for one or the other, you just can't miss this thing!!
The instructions really do suck. And, if you're asking about how far it will reach (? depth? ), no, it won't reach that much further than any other hand-held punch. The benefit of the CAD is that it can punch through really thick things (chipboard, wooden popsicle sticks, etc.) and thin metals.

I don't use mine for setting eyelets (even tho it is silent) cuz I can't seem to do it without ungracefully knocking the eyelet out and onto the floor . . . I'm a total klutz!!!

So, I only use it for punching through thick stuff, and it ROCKS at doing that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2007, 10:03 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Sounds like a fun gadget! Will it punch through the SU mini catalogs (other than Sellabration)? I keep my minis in a little binder and just about break my hand using a hand-held hole punch (when I can get that to work).

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2007, 10:40 AM   #14  
Mad Swapper

I assume it will go through the little catalogs if it will go through a popsickle stick. And yes, I lost a lot of eyelets last night when I played because they just sort of fell out of the hole when I was trying to line it up. It seems putzy in using it as a setter, but once I got the hang of it I really liked how that part worked. BUT I hate it when I drop the eyelets!! My floor is already just littered with little scraps of paper and ribbons and stuff from working on things (and oh yeah, I could vacuum but who has that kind of time) so I can never find the stupid eyelets when I drop them. But I used my cheapie ones I got at Target Dollar Spot (which I still like but they were only a quarter because they were on clearance even) so didn't mind losing a few of them. I saw on a different thread people were complaining that it kind of ruined the eyelet and that happened with me too but I think I was pressing too hard or using the wrong setting. I want it to be more than just a hole punch but it really is the smoothest hole punch I have used - it went through the cardboard like butter!! Oh, and Julie HRR - I was going to say the instructions sucked too but I didn't know if that was swearing and against the rules on the site!!! Ha ha - I didn't want to get blacklisted or something - the shame of that! Mary
Reply With Quote Likes