Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   I seeee the light!!!!!! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/i-seeee-light-119672/)

Disneywed 02-09-2006 09:31 PM

I seeee the light!!!!!!

I get it!!!! I get it!!!!! Shouting it from the rooftops!!!!

BACKGROUND STAMPS!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhh, glad I let that out, I must have used every background stamp I have been hoarding, collecting dust with tonight, and holy moly!!!! What a diff!!

Ok, anyone who thinks something as mild as canvas can't make a huge impact.....DUMB BUNNY!!!!!!!

Thank you all for helping me see the light!!!

MonTigg 02-09-2006 09:45 PM

YEAH Judy! I am hooked too!! Have fun with your new backgrounds!!

SkisInOkinawa 02-10-2006 12:43 AM

I've got Canvas on order. I'm excited to get it too.

Hope to enjoy it as much as you have! LOL.

HappyRaspberry 02-10-2006 01:01 AM

WELCOME to the wonderful world of background stamps! they are FATNASTIC I have 20 :)

ponygirl40 02-10-2006 03:50 AM

I love bg stamps! Nothing like them to add texture and dimension to a project. What's really nice is to use a couple of backgrounds together, like French Script, Canvas and the little dots from Itty Bitty Backgrounds.

Here's an example:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=28008

jent 02-10-2006 04:38 AM

You are too cute, yeah I really think they can jazz up a card, my stock of bg stamps has increased dramatically in the last number of months. Have fun!!!!!!!

trudee 02-10-2006 04:59 AM

BG stamp junkie checking in to say yayyyyy for you! Have fun!!! :mrgreen:

kathyj30 02-10-2006 05:50 AM

Background stamps - WoooHoooo!!!!

I always tell my customers.......naked cardstock looks so bare. Stamp in up with your background stamps.

Ban Naked Cardstock!!!!!!

grazina 02-10-2006 05:51 AM

Can't live without them.

valrocks 02-10-2006 05:51 AM

I was never a BG stamp kinda person either, but I bought one on the Bay for cheap and now that I have used it. I am hooked too! Disneywed we can do the little happy dance together...pardon me milady can I have this dance? :D

Disneywed 02-10-2006 05:55 AM

[quote=kathyj30]

Ban Naked Cardstock!!!!!![/quote]

Yeah!!! We need to demonstrate!!! Make signs!!! ooohhhh, we could stamp the signs......I am so addicted to this stuff it is insane.....

Disneywed 02-10-2006 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valrocks
Disneywed we can do the little happy dance together...pardon me milady can I have this dance? :D

Absolutely!!! Doin the happy dance!!!

basurok 02-10-2006 06:25 AM

I have to admit...it is kind of a monkey see monkey do thing with me....seeing lots of cool cards in the gallery that feature the BG and now I see them in a whole new light too. :D Plus DOH!! I never even thought that you could layer them!!! OMG!! Now I am looking at BG stamps very differently.... I'm digging the cheesecloth, crosshatch and that script one. Just ordered a neat BG from TAC that is script about the beauty of a woman by Audrey Hepburn. That looked like it had potential also. You can most definitely add me to the BG fan club too!

Rubbernecker 02-10-2006 06:29 AM

Lisa/Ponygirl - your card is stunning!

lesliespringer 02-10-2006 06:34 AM

I am ordering three tonight! Canvas, grosshatch and weathered. Can't wait to get them and play!

laurakj 02-10-2006 07:13 AM

Yea, I was so put off by the price that I never ordered a bkg stamp. Finally I had heard SOOOO many great things about Canvas, I broke down and ordered it! That was all she wrote! I now have 5 and at least 6 more on my wishlist. Now the price seems totally fair!

sunnywl 02-10-2006 07:23 AM

I agree, Ponygirl your cards are AWESOME! You do great coloring!

I used to not like using background stamps as I felt they were too much trouble to ink up, stamp and clean, but they DO make such wonderful results, that I love using them now!

ponygirl40 02-10-2006 03:50 PM

Thanks, Wendy! Remember, too, that the smaller bg sets such as Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Fresh Fillers and Petite Patterns make GREAT backgrounds. You can also make cool coordinating backgrounds using a smaller stamp in your set -- say a flower or leaf -- and Versamark.

speale 02-10-2006 04:04 PM

Love, love, love the background stamps!!

havefunstampin 02-11-2006 04:06 AM

Love them I am a junkie and between me and my Mil we are close to having them all !!!! My fav is print pattern !!!