Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   I need a "thats ok" (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/i-need-thats-ok-460678/)

Stampnf1n 09-26-2009 04:53 AM

I need a "thats ok"

I just need someone to tell me "Its ok I have been where you are" I am looking for the chicken fence background stamp in my stamp room. I thought I knew where it was but its not there. I have searched high and low and since is fairly large it cant hide to many places.

But now I am wondering if I ever owned it. Maybe I didnt win the bid on Ebay!!

My job has eaten away my brain cells!

Bonnie

bethvb 09-26-2009 04:59 AM

Been there, done that. I can't remember the number of things i've spent hours looking for.

Stampnf1n 09-26-2009 05:02 AM

Thank you Beth

Bonnie

Jmaraul 09-26-2009 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampnf1n (Post 15208837)
I just need someone to tell me "Its ok I have been where you are" I am looking for the chicken fence background stamp in my stamp room. I thought I knew where it was but its not there. I have searched high and low and since is fairly large it cant hide to many places.

Bonnie

VBG - Just a couple of thoughts for you Bonnie, and a hug:)

Yes, we have all been where you are now, or we are currently married to someone in your position. In my house, my first question is "Did you look behind the milk?" - Because whenever my Hubby & son look for anything, they are usually standing with the fridge door open contemplating the contents. Nevermind that they might be looking for the socket wrench, their practice music, their clean socks......

If you owned it, it will turn up. Normally right after you decide on using something else for the project and finish it.

And finally, if you find your stamp, can I borrow it? I can't find mine either!

Have a good day:)

jent 09-26-2009 05:18 AM

Can you remember ever making a card with that background? Or perhaps trying to remember whom you would have created it for may jog your memory.

I've always wanted that background! Hope all turns out well and you locate the stamp!!!

hawk 09-26-2009 05:43 AM

I've been searching for that stamp for over two years lol if you find it can i borrow it??? j/k

quinn57 09-26-2009 05:52 AM

It really is okay...

Many of us have been there. I know I have. Leave one room to go get something and 5 steps later can't remember why? At age 52 I suppose that is expected but darn it - going to the store and coming home without the one item I went there for!! come on, really, is that normal. and yes - my job and no sleep and the new puppy (what was I thinking).. so yes it really is okay, it does get better and last but not least - what does the "chicken fence background stamp" look like??

Have a great day! Marianne

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampnf1n (Post 15208837)

Bonnie

Stampnf1n 09-26-2009 05:56 AM

I FOUND IT!!

I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the support and encouragement :smile:

I was looking for the stamp itself. I didnt think about it still being in the Stampin' Up! plastic case. But it was also on the shelf I have all my word sets on it. I touched every stamp set so I wouldnt miss it. I was 3/4 through them all and about to start whining. HA!

But I got it and now I can work on my Cream of Chicken and Rice soup recipe card for the swap!

If any of you would like me to send you images of the stamp just let me know.

Bonnie

Cook22 09-26-2009 06:31 AM

Glad you found it - been there, done that. I just hope I don't ever get as bad as my dad. If he can't find something - even something like plastic coat hangers or a grotty garden glove, he is so sure that he couldn't have lost them that he convinces himself someone stole them.

jackie1 09-26-2009 06:56 AM

I am glad that you found your stamp. I would suggest that you index all of your stamps this way the next time a stamp is misplaced you know that you actually have it and didn't imagine it being in your inventory. I try and keep all of my stamps in the same place and I have all of the SU clam shells labeled, although there are times that I am looking right at it and miss it.

Stampnf1n 09-26-2009 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackie1 (Post 15209546)
I am glad that you found your stamp. I would suggest that you index all of your stamps this way the next time a stamp is misplaced you know that you actually have it and didn't imagine it being in your inventory. I try and keep all of my stamps in the same place and I have all of the SU clam shells labeled, although there are times that I am looking right at it and miss it.

Thats a great idea! I am having some foot surgery and with the cabinet that I have my stamp sets in I will be able to sit in a chair and write down the stamp sets names.

WHen I was putting everything back in the cabinet I made a specific area for my upcoimng Holiday sets, new sets, and my favorite quick card sets.

Bonnie

Mrs Noofy 09-26-2009 11:58 AM

Been there...done that...wearin' the T-shirt! Right now I can't find my tack it over & over! Been looking for 2 weeks. Glad you found your stamp. Guess there is hope for me.

momis mama 09-26-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampnf1n (Post 15209193)
I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the support and encouragement :smile:

I was looking for the stamp itself. I didnt think about it still being in the Stampin' Up! plastic case. But it was also on the shelf I have all my word sets on it. I touched every stamp set so I wouldnt miss it. I was 3/4 through them all and about to start whining. HA!

But I got it and now I can work on my Cream of Chicken and Rice soup recipe card for the swap!

If any of you would like me to send you images of the stamp just let me know.

Bonnie

i am so glad you found it!

i have LONG wanted that stamp!

it had come and gone before 'my time'

and yes... i've been there done that! actually on a regular basis! i just blame it on head injury/age LOL!

Karen99 09-26-2009 01:22 PM

I know EXACTLY

Karen99 09-26-2009 01:23 PM

OOPPss.....sorry....I was going to say I know EXACTLY how you feel!! My brain is full, and I need to go in and DELETE out some things!! Hahhaha. It's this dag gone menopause!! I swear it's wrecking havic with me!! Glad you found your stamp!! Karen

shellpole 09-26-2009 01:45 PM

I spend an inordinate amount of time looking for something.....my advice...

STOP looking....

Now how quickly does something turn up when you don't give it any importance....I think they are sneaky ...theose stamps....like to play hide and seek!

Glad the errant chook background has come to the fore. You can stop thinking you tossed it in the rubbish :)

Michelle

Stampnf1n 09-26-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99 (Post 15211384)
OOPPss.....sorry....I was going to say I know EXACTLY how you feel!! My brain is full, and I need to go in and DELETE out some things!! Hahhaha. It's this dag gone menopause!! I swear it's wrecking havic with me!! Glad you found your stamp!! Karen

I think menopause is exactly my problem!!

Bonnie

jutta 09-26-2009 02:20 PM

Hoo boy, do I know what you mean.....

I asked my daughter why we had so much milk in the fridge. When I went to the store, she said I should get milk - we were all out. So I did. Now we have three gallons. I had bought milk the day before and forgot! I'm not sure how she looked in the fridge and missed both gallons that I just bought, but I guess that question is as silly as the one I ask myself on a daily basis - why can't they put the dirty dishes IN the dishwasher instead of on the counter ABOVE the dishwasher? Sigh. The mysteries of the ages.....

Jutta

pricecheck 09-26-2009 02:34 PM

Cornish Heritage Farms still has this backgrounder for all who are looking for it.

wagleg 09-26-2009 03:08 PM

I have been looking for a shirt for weeks and I completely agree with menopause causing all of this. My brain has gone straight down-hill since it started.

kphorse 09-26-2009 04:03 PM

If you find my *French Script* BG while you are all looking...would ya let me know...been missing about 2 months?

isewquilts2 09-26-2009 04:43 PM

I am so with all of you. Menopause? check! Full time job? check! Going into a room to look for something and can't remember what I'm looking for? double check!!

ACK! Who has stolen my brain and what have they done with it?
I've been looking for TWO WEEKS for some teabag holders that I made....finally ran into them (by accident) today. Hunting all over the house for my cell phone (WHY OH WHY do they make those things so $*&%^ small???? I need one the size of a small dog so it can't get lost in the bottom of my purse) when it's plugged into the battery charger.
Actually, my stamp index really does help....although I have to admit, I do have two identical stamps that I purchased at different times because why would I check my index when those stamps are SO CUTE AND I MUST HAVE THEM?

*sigh*

Getting old is definitely not for wimps.

wagleg 09-26-2009 08:19 PM

Bonnie,
You must be good luck. I found my shirt this evening!

airbornewife 09-26-2009 08:54 PM

I spent about a half an hour last night looking for a certain size acrylic block and finally said.. "forget it!" and went about to use something else.. I turned around in my chair to the table that sits behind me that I keep a bunch of things handy like my punches.. and there under some paper was my block. I was so happy to have found it.

If I can't find something.. I sometimes call my kids in to help.. a fresh set of eyes looking sometimes helps things turn up in minutes!

~ Pam

God Bless All Our Military

my blog>>>> http://airbornewifestamping.blogspot.com/

duffercat 09-27-2009 06:12 AM

It feels like I'm there almost every day...lol

LeisaJane 09-27-2009 08:11 AM

....and I thought I was the only one! LOL