Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-03-2006, 09:14 AM   #1  
Inking Addict

Default I need some ideas/advice

Hello Ladies......

First off, let me start by saying that I have been reviewing this site for a couple of weeks now and I LOVE all of the cards and ideas you all post. You are all very sweet ladies, and I look forward to chatting with you all more.

Okay, so I have a 7 month old baby girl, and I want to make my own Christmas cards, and I figure, I might as well get an idea in my head and start working on them now, since it will probably take me til Christmas to finish them.

I've always wanted to make my own Christmas cards, but I never got into it, so my goal this year is to make them mysellf. The only problem is that I ALWAYS do a photo card (which is usually why I never made them in the past years).

I want to do a homemade card with a 4x6 photo. I saw one yesterday that looked like it was a gatefold card and they had used the slit punch on it to insert a picture into the inside of the card! It was realy really nice.

I was hoping that you wonderful ladies can give me some ideas and advice about making my own PHOTO CHRISTMAS cards this year.

Thank you!!!
Jen

P.S. What size paper do you recommend using? and what about envelopes, I have to make sure I can find envelopes that fit them.

Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-03-2006, 01:32 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

My first thought is to use a slightly smaller picture. The "standard" card is 4.25 x 5.5. There are some super gorgeous decorative corner punches available, like the wrought iron corner slot punch on page 219 of the 05-06 catty. Mat your picture on white, then onto whichever color you decide on for your card.

My favorite christmas combo is blue and white or blue/silver.

Good luck!

Me
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!