Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   I need help Green crayon scribbled on Natural Linen Album Cover (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/i-need-help-green-crayon-scribbled-natural-linen-album-cover-179353/)

emsmomthestamper 08-31-2006 02:29 PM

I need help Green crayon scribbled on Natural Linen Album Cover

No.
I wasn't bored.
NO.
I did not do it.
Yes.
I need some thoughts on how to get it off...
Yes .
My 3 yr old did it .
NO.
The crayons can't be reached by her anylonger.
Yes.
Mean Mommy.
Help me please ...Kim

RidiculouslyAddicted 08-31-2006 02:34 PM

Have you tried the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser? I haven't used one myself, but I hear rave reviews about it.

emsmomthestamper 08-31-2006 02:38 PM

Not yet, only on walls, fridge, the like. I am going to get it now...ty K :}

Lisa Lisa 08-31-2006 03:05 PM

I think they have some info on www.crayola.com
I think you can put a paper towel over it and iron it out. I used borax and hot water and it came out of my clothes right away. I know wd-40 works too... but that might stain the album itself.

emsmomthestamper 08-31-2006 09:34 PM

thank-you I forgot about their site

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa
I think they have some info on www.crayola.com
I think you can put a paper towel over it and iron it out. I used borax and hot water and it came out of my clothes right away. I know wd-40 works too... but that might stain the album itself.

I will try your idea in the morning.
I hace ironed wax off cloth things with paper towels and used hairspray and WD40 on ink marks with great success, I keep it inmy laundry roomactually helps with Pine pitch.
The mr clean extra strength sponge not only fell apart and crumbled into a mess but it took all of the Natural Linen color off too!!There is still green left but the linen dye is gone. I could cry. Instead I will try your idea then create something on a 12x 12 page and adhere it to the back of the album. My 3 yr old did it to my 6 yr olds album (one of many yes....but my 6 yr old said to me..... "Mommy, take my pictures out and give me her album, it's only fair..lol) I told her maybe I will do that.. I hatethat I have a ruined thirty dollar album,.. Maybe I should cherish it and think...when she's 30 and not calling home I still have her scribbles from when she was 3...I'll sleep on it LOL

myhappyplace 08-31-2006 10:51 PM

Leave it alone...in a few years it will make you smile. :-D It's only an album.

staramaze 08-31-2006 11:01 PM

You could give her a bunch of crayons... have her go to town on it; then make it into HER album...:)

twinks 09-01-2006 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staramaze
You could give her a bunch of crayons... have her go to town on it; then make it into HER album...:)

Ditto! I think this is a fabulous idea!

emsmomthestamper 09-01-2006 06:43 AM

THANKS lADIES

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinks
Ditto! I think this is a fabulous idea!

After sleeping on it then reading these posts Ihad thesame idea.. Iy looked better beofre Iused the magic eraser..so I fell asleep thiking I shoul dgive her four other omplimentign colors adn tell her to decorate it it's her album.. you andher 6 yr old sister were right>>. :} thanks for makingme feel better

Audreysfan 09-01-2006 08:05 AM

(((HUGS))) I totally want to cry with you. I have 4 kids who think it is their personal quest to ruin every last one of my nice things. Whatever you do, hide the maple syrup. One bottle makes a very large, sticky stain on carpet. I found a website that gave me suggestions like "get a big rug" and "put a floor lamp on the spot, it won't tip over". Crayons are my arch nemesis. Scissors too. Try to remember that they will grow up and have kids who ruin their things. It makes me feel a little better as I cry myself to sleep because they just found kid scissors and cut through the blind cords (those things won't even cut paper!).

-Alta

jenndisney 09-01-2006 08:31 AM

Letting her color the whole cover is a great idea! I thought of a couple ideas...

Could you make an embellishment to put over the mark? Maybe a large chipboard monogram? Or, maybe add a wide ribbon to the cover?

emsmomthestamper 09-01-2006 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audreysfan
(((HUGS))) I totally want to cry with you. I have 4 kids who think it is their personal quest to ruin every last one of my nice things. Whatever you do, hide the maple syrup. One bottle makes a very large, sticky stain on carpet. I found a website that gave me suggestions like "get a big rug" and "put a floor lamp on the spot, it won't tip over". Crayons are my arch nemesis. Scissors too. Try to remember that they will grow up and have kids who ruin their things. It makes me feel a little better as I cry myself to sleep because they just found kid scissors and cut through the blind cords (those things won't even cut paper!).

-Alta

Thank-you for th ehelpful words ALta, . I amlaughing through my tears.....Ihear tyou on the scissors my youngest 2 are 3 adn 6 girls, nest 2 are 9 and 15 both have birthdays in October and are boys.. thank God we have never had cut hair at our home...That woudl push me over the top.

That would be worse and you r right about thsoe little fiskars kiddie scissors. you can't cut construction paper with them but they tear through mini blinds..my 3 and 5 yr old bit onto the kitchen ones as they looked out the window one day. I saw steam come from my hubbies head I'm pretty sure that day...he smartly adn rightly so refuss to purchase a new couch till they are grown...we did howeever get a new dining room set last week or so and we spent teh $150,00 on theprotective made to fit table top cover..so far Ihaevkept that clean.. Ok this is trial anderror with our kids right?? Icna't keeptehalbums up higher I want temto be able tolookat themselves and show thier frineds..theyare soproud... I used to want them to have access to their books and crayons without asking....I am re-thinking that one for sure Books stay although I cry when they are writen in as well.. Mind you I had an only child for l almost ten years who was a mothers dream come true slept at 4 days old for ten hours at a time, nursed for almost 2 years...wonderful littl ebaby boy with blue eyes and fuzzy blonde hair like a duckling and never gave me a moments trouble....:}

Hey I had a Great Aunt in law Il oved dearly named Alta. I have her Duncan Phife (Sp) table adn lace cloth she left me,,,so beautifuk...one scratch formthekids only in tenyears thank-Goodness.
You are the second Alta Ihave met. One Alma I know who is 80 but thats' it.
ty good luck K

olivia'smom 09-01-2006 10:09 AM

I too think have your three year old finish her project...

kittynurse 09-01-2006 12:46 PM

Glad that you came up with a solution to your problem.

In future, maybe try a baby wipe. I swear they are a modern miracle! They got crayon out of a carpet at a cottage we were visiting.

I use them to remove a lot of stains and marks (which are usually crayon - you would think I would learn!)

Enjoy her artwork - you will treasure it when she is grown and out of your house.

kiraj 09-01-2006 01:11 PM

Good idea on letting her finish it, but remind her that this is a one time only thing! And NO, she cannot color on the rest of Mommy's albums.

ajcmeyer 09-01-2006 01:59 PM

I had an aunt name Alta too. She passed away at an early age of 33 in a car accident. She was the sweet baby girl in my dad's side of the family only girl of 5 boys. My grandma gets misty eyed when she sees me sometimes b/c apparently I look just like her. It is a treasured name in our family. ;)

emsmomthestamper 09-04-2006 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajcmeyer
I had an aunt name Alta too. She passed away at an early age of 33 in a car accident. She was the sweet baby girl in my dad's side of the family only girl of 5 boys. My grandma gets misty eyed when she sees me sometimes b/c apparently I look just like her. It is a treasured name in our family. ;)

Oh Abby what a tragic story... So glad your grandmother has fond memorie in looking at you her sweet grandaughter...you must really resemble her very own beloved daughter. You are a beautiful woman as she must have been.

I loved my aunt in law she totally rocked, she was in her eighties & sharp as a tack..legally blind but just an incredible woman with so many interesting stories to tell.
Never complained about any aches or pains. Just a wonderful wonderful human being.. she was actually my step aunt in-law but we were closer than I am to my siblings..she adored my son Brett, as he was the ontly one I had at the time... It was a sad day when she passed.... Abby you are great. Kep uploading to your gallery it's looking awesoem Hugs K

bnlnkids 09-04-2006 09:08 AM

I'm glad you found a solution to your problem. :) For future reference, the best solution to removing crayon from fabrics is with a warm iron and several paper towels. Keep laying the paper towels over the crayon and gently iron until some of the wax is absorbed into the paper towel. Keep using a fresh paper towel until all the wax is removed. This may take several paper towels. The key is to just keep boing. If you can launder the item, then like someone mentioned, Borax and hot water will work well after the majority of the wax has been removed (by ironing) first. For non-porous surfaces like walls and furniture, WD-40 and a paper towel is what works best. Be sure to clean the area thoroughly after the crayon is removed, however, or the WD-40 could leave a stain. Four kids here... lots of experience. ;)

Those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, while a a great invention, are majorly abrasive. I hardly use them on anything anymore.