Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-21-2006, 03:36 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Default I LOVE SU! cardstock!!

I just have to gush because I'm so happy! I just got 14 new packages of SU! cardsctock in my order today! After being a demo for six years I just take having the best cs money can buy in all the best colors for granted. I can't believe I had gotten so low, I was actually OUT of Almost Amethyst and Only Orange, shocking, I know! I always think of buying cs as similar to buying socks-you have to have them, but they aren't as much fun as shoes. So, I'm always buying the fun stuff and holding out for as long as I can without buying cs. But today when I opened my order and saw all the gorgeous cs it reminded me of how much I rely on this stamping staple. I will buy stamps and all kinds of embellishments from other companies, but when it comes to solid colored cs, you just can't beat SU!

And in case you're wondering if I'm trying to sell SU!, I'm really not. I'm taking a break right now and not doing any events-just stampin' for FUN, FUN, FUN!! I might even let my demoship lapse, but I'll ALWAYS buy SU! cs from my downline!

So what's your SU! stampin' staple?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-21-2006, 03:46 PM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Bump for Stargirl
Old 09-21-2006, 03:49 PM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

You know, I love SU cardstock too!

I recently tried the Matchmakers Cardstock that TAC sells, and WOW was it great, but it's pricey, so I have to save it for special cards. (Totally worth the price though)

But SU. Now that is a great cardstock for a really cheap price. (But it's like walking into hobby lobby, no order from SU can ever be small for me)
Old 09-21-2006, 03:55 PM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I just stocked up on cardstock myself - and purchased the new "In Color" cardstock.

I LOVE the Cool Caribbean.

Until I started buying SU cardstock, my scrapbook pages did not look nice. I look back on my Pre-SU scrapbooks and cringe. I feel like tearing them apart and redoing them with all SU cardstock. Has anyone done that?
Michelle Laycock ~ #499 ~
Laycock Designs
Product Designer for Our Daily Bread designs , North Coast Creations and Partner Companies
"They're only crayons. You didn't fear them in kindergarten, why fear them now?" ~ Hugh MacLeod
Old 09-21-2006, 04:15 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

I love the SU card stock too, it is such a nice weight, and I love the color all the way through, I like tearing it and having the color and not a white core. I know there are uses for a white core, but not for the stuff I want to do!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2006, 04:42 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmslmomto3
I love the SU card stock too, it is such a nice weight, and I love the color all the way through, I like tearing it and having the color and not a white core. I know there are uses for a white core, but not for the stuff I want to do!
ITA! I love that the CS is solid all the way through. Its so rich!

C'est moi, c'est tout.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:07 PM   #7  
Embossing Fanatic

Although I have used it at workshops, I just got my first package of Whisper White cardstock and I am SO impressed! The stamped colors are so much more vibrant! I never knew how much difference there could be between whites.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:11 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Yes, I have never been able to find card stock that is comparable to Stampin' Up. Which means I always have to use Stampin' Up ink, eyelets, markers, brads, ribbon, etc. etc. etc.... Gotta match, ya know!!

Please take a stroll through my gallery!
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=76367
Old 09-21-2006, 05:20 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Years ago, I used to buy all cheapy cardstock, and I went thru a lot of it. When a friend had a Stampin Up book party, I ordered and when she was separating it, she wanted to know how I didn't order any cardstock. I told her I refused to spend that kind of $$ of paper. But her demo was smart and gave me a sampler, and I WAS HOOKED. It coordinates with all our stuff, and after pricing it out, I realized most of it was less expensive than what I had been buying and I could buy it in 24 sheet packs. I hate to run out of anything! So now I have all 54 colors (and neutrals of course) stocked up here and I can be happy and cozy in my stamp room when I have all my favorite colors!

Cheap Therapy
My Stamp/Scrap/Photo Blog
Old 09-21-2006, 05:38 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

I love their cardstock too! When I first got into SU I was just buying SU stamps, thinking the paper was way overpriced, but then I got a few packs of it and now I refuse to use anything else(except GP white because I waste so much of it). I also didn't want to buy hodgepodge at first because the price really threw me off, and I got a few pieces in a trade, and now I feel like my cards are plain with out it! I just ordered some a few days ago, I can't wait to get it!! Also, I figured out that the hodgepodge is pretty cheap. It's only about 19 cents a piece on average, and that price doesn't even include the brads! I didn't even count the brads into it because it seems to me that they are kinda part of some of the pieces.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:50 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

I LOVE the confetti white! To bad customers cannot buy it in bulk, I buy a 8 1/2 x 11 pack about every other month sometimes more, I'm needing 2 packs for my christmas cards. My favorite for cards! For solid core I only use SU and for the white core I love CTMH I'm hooked on both they are the only brands I will buy especially with all the inks, ribbons and emblishments that match. I've got several packs from Hobby Lobby and Michaels that are sitting there gathering dust unopened I'm going to give my 5 year old daughter to play with.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:01 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

So now I have all 54 colors (and neutrals of course) stocked up here and I can be happy and cozy in my stamp room when I have all my favorite colors![/QUOTE]

Me too! Gotta have it all! I don't have all our dp,(lots, but not all), but I have all our cs. I like our dp also, but there are so many other brands that I just go crazy for, I'm not nearly as loyal with paper as I am with cs.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:04 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargirl
So now I have all 54 colors (and neutrals of course) stocked up here and I can be happy and cozy in my stamp room when I have all my favorite colors!
Me too! Gotta have it all! I don't have all our dp,(lots, but not all), but I have all our cs. I like our dp also, but there are so many other brands that I just go crazy for, I'm not nearly as loyal with paper as I am with cs.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Valentina, I messed up your quote-don't know what I did!
Old 09-22-2006, 05:22 AM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

I love the Confetti stocks, too! Actually, *anybody* can buy them in bulk -- by the ream (250 sheets) at their nearest Kelly Paper or Expedex. Assuming you have the storage space for reams of card-stock, of course! The Confettis are manufactured by the Fox River Paper Co. and come in lots of different colors. If you're missing the Confetti Tan (dropped from this year's SU catalog for some reason), it's still very much available. BTW, the white Confetti is called Kaleidoscope, and comes in both 65# and 80# cover weights -- for card-making, you want to make sure you get the 80#, which is what SU sells. HTH!

Happy trails....

Sue

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampbunny
I LOVE the confetti white! To bad customers cannot buy it in bulk, I buy a 8 1/2 x 11 pack about every other month sometimes more, I'm needing 2 packs for my christmas cards. My favorite for cards!
Old 09-22-2006, 05:30 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Langaroo
Although I have used it at workshops, I just got my first package of Whisper White cardstock and I am SO impressed! The stamped colors are so much more vibrant! I never knew how much difference there could be between whites.
YES! That's what happened to me too! I thought the white from WM was so much cheaper, and it's true, it is cheaper! And it makes my cards look cheaper too. The quality of SU WW is definately worth spending a little more. However when compared to the cs at other craft stores it's really not much of a price difference.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:39 AM   #16  
Crimping Master

I too love the SU! cardstock. I actually have an order for a friend's stamping party tonight, that is all cardstock.....I can't wait to get it all in!
Old 09-22-2006, 05:39 AM   #17  
Hardware Hotshot

SU cardstock is some of my favorite… I’m such a paper gal! I just ordered a couple pack of the "in colors", and my next order will have more c/s.

I found that I really like SU black cardstock, the color id deep (if that makes sense), and not washed or fade…some black cardstocks have a purplish tint that I don’t care for!
Old 09-22-2006, 06:16 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
You know, I love SU cardstock too!

I recently tried the Matchmakers Cardstock that TAC sells, and WOW was it great, but it's pricey, so I have to save it for special cards. (Totally worth the price though)

But SU. Now that is a great cardstock for a really cheap price. (But it's like walking into hobby lobby, no order from SU can ever be small for me)
I have the current TAC catty, I will have to look for this. TAC's catty is so big, I get a little overwhelmed and don't know where to start.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:44 AM   #19  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm a bad girl. Ok no I'm not...I ordered all CS my last stamp club order. It's a stamp club....you're supposed to buy stamps, right!?! No no...not me. So now I have all of the multi packs for the color familes just so that I can try them out!
Faerey Blog
Old 09-22-2006, 06:45 AM   #20  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargirl
I I always think of buying cs as similar to buying socks-you have to have them, but they aren't as much fun as shoes.
I had to laugh when I read this because that is EXACTLY how I am. I hate spending money on the "boring" but "necessary" stuff, and socks instead of shoes is the perfect example..........Or bath towels instead of a cool new decor for the bathroom wall. Yet still when I wrap up in a brand new soft towel, I'm so glad to have it.

Cardstock is the same way. I love to see a FULL bin of Certainly Celery (or insert just about any of the colors) and know I'm well stocked!! AHHH.....all is right with the world!
Old 09-22-2006, 06:47 AM   #21  
Stampin' Fool

I was making cards last night for a card club I'm in and was freaking out because I only had 16 sheets of whisper white cs. I have no idea how I got so low. Placed an order right away!!!! I really feel the our cs is superior. I won't stamp on anything else. Oh and a side note, I hate doing swaps or getting cards from my card club when cheep cs is used. I think it can really makes a card look and feel cheep no matter how beautiful the art work. BUT that's JMHO.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:52 AM   #22  
Die Cut Diva

I was surprised too, when I compared the walmart GP white card stock to the SU card stock, the GP has a gray tone to it. Now, I had never ever noticed this before till I compared them side by side. I placed an order for whisper white on my next order..lol! I noticed yesterday when I was making some cards that I am down to 2 or 3 sheets of some card stock, guess what I am ordering on my next order! Course my wonderful mom brought me all of her retired stuff, so I have TONS of the retired paper! I have like 3 packs of retired burgundy, forest foliage, etc! YEAH! Planning cards based on using those colors..lol!
Old 09-22-2006, 06:56 AM   #23  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I've totally become a cardstock snob now that I'm using all SU. It is loads better than any I have ever tried--thicker, smoother, better colors, everything! Would you believe the very first SU cardstock I ever got was the packs that you choose for your Starter Kit? I was like the others, why spend money on paper when there's so many gorgeous stamps and all those lovely ink pads???? But I am completely hooked now. I love the rainbow on my shelf!
WOW, FOURTEEN Packages????? That's amazing! You must have about broken your UPS guy's back on that order!
Old 09-22-2006, 07:01 AM   #24  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmslmomto3
I was surprised too, when I compared the walmart GP white card stock to the SU card stock, the GP has a gray tone to it. Now, I had never ever noticed this before till I compared them side by side. I placed an order for whisper white on my next order..lol! I noticed yesterday when I was making some cards that I am down to 2 or 3 sheets of some card stock, guess what I am ordering on my next order! Course my wonderful mom brought me all of her retired stuff, so I have TONS of the retired paper! I have like 3 packs of retired burgundy, forest foliage, etc! YEAH! Planning cards based on using those colors..lol!

Good thing Christmas is coming! You should be able to burn through those colours pretty quickly!
Old 09-22-2006, 08:09 AM   #25  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks to whoever posted that about the Confetti White! That is my FAVORITE paper and I have a Xpedx store close by so I'm going to check it out. I'll take a piece of SU with me to compare.I'm going to need a bunch for Christmas cards too!

Marzee
Old 09-22-2006, 08:18 AM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

When I first started stamping, I was working at a copy shop, and we carried a huge variety of cardstock... so I just used that, thinking the same thing that many here said, "Why spend the money on cardstock?"
I was so incredibly impressed when I bought my first SU cardstock, that it is hard to get me to use anything else! I just love how smooth and thick it is, and how rich the colors are (and the matching doesn't hurt)! I think it just makes my projects look 10 times better!

Also, I believe the OP asked what our SU staples were, and aside from the cardstock, I love the craft pads (I know not everyone does)!!!
Old 09-22-2006, 08:36 AM   #27  
Stampin' Fool

Count me in on the SU cardstock bandwagon! We live in a rural area, and the closest scrapbook store is about 2 hours away. I was so frustrated trying to match up cardstock with patterned papers. I was introduced to SU about 4 years ago, and have only bought SU cardstock since then. I LOVE that I don't have to worry about colors matching/coordinating - what a timesaver! And the quality - topnotch. Add that in with "to the door" delivery, and why would you want to use anything else?
My Blog: A Reinvented Mom
Old 09-22-2006, 09:26 AM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faereygirl
I'm a bad girl. Ok no I'm not...I ordered all CS my last stamp club order. It's a stamp club....you're supposed to buy stamps, right!?! No no...not me. So now I have all of the multi packs for the color familes just so that I can try them out!

Well girlfriend, you may not be bad, but your wallet will be in bad trouble! I don't LOVE every single one of our colors, but I can't be without them all because they combine so beautifully with each other. Even the ones that aren't my faves make beautiful cards when mixed with my faves! Speaking of SU! colors, the Color Challenge is a wonderful way to experience how well the colors combine and empty your wallet at the same time!!
Old 09-22-2006, 10:39 AM   #29  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle Laycock
I just stocked up on cardstock myself - and purchased the new "In Color" cardstock.

I LOVE the Cool Caribbean.

Until I started buying SU cardstock, my scrapbook pages did not look nice. I look back on my Pre-SU scrapbooks and cringe. I feel like tearing them apart and redoing them with all SU cardstock. Has anyone done that?
I am thinking of tdoing that myself...plus my layouts $uck on some of them and looks like my preschooler put them together...all pre-SU! of course.

Mindy

Old 09-22-2006, 10:58 AM   #30  
Glitter Guru

I'm a SU CS lover too - I'm trying to get my stash up to where I have a FULL pack of each color on hand at all times!! I can't help it - it's just too nice to use anything else.

I have a stack that's prolly nearly a foot high of CS I bought at Michael's - it's just sitting collecting dust and will eventually go to my DD to play w/.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:04 AM   #31  
Die Cut Diva

I have to agree Carla!

I'm a SU paper junkie too! I love paper, can't get enough paper, never will have enough paper!

That said about SU, I totally love the DCWV textured CS too! I like the TAC, but not the white core. I want color all the way through!

Love the new TAC designer papers and love some of the SU designer papers too!

Love paper!

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Old 09-22-2006, 11:21 AM   #32  
Stampin' Fool

I <3 SU cardstock. Seriously I've stamped for awhile and I ended up getting a package of WW with my inital demo kit I believe. I tried it and was hooked. I'd purchased specialty cardstock that was ultrasmooth etc... but the SU WW was noticebly superior especially when stamping bold images. Then I was reluctant to purchase all of the colored cardstock. Then one day when I was working on a project and I needed more of a specific color I went to the craftstore and realized how spendy the cardstock was there and it wasn't even exactly what I wanted. I totally agree with it being like stocks definately not as fun to buy. Thus I've been slowly purchasing some with each order. Soon I will have all of them mwhahaa.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:06 PM   #33  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphorse
I have to agree Carla!

I'm a SU paper junkie too! I love paper, can't get enough paper, never will have enough paper!

That said about SU, I totally love the DCWV textured CS too! I like the TAC, but not the white core. I want color all the way through!

Love the new TAC designer papers and love some of the SU designer papers too!

Love paper!
DCWV is a screamin' deal, too!! I have a 12x12 stack, I think it's Family & Friends or something like that, and I love it!!

TAC dp looks good, but I don't have any.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:30 PM   #34  
mothermcbride

Up until 3 days ago, I had managed to avoid the In Colors. I didn't have anything against them, just being frugal (in this one area only). Well, I now love them as much as the other cardstock!!!! I love it!!!!! I tried the rest and came back to the best (couldn't resist).

Old 09-22-2006, 04:59 PM   #35  
Insane Embellisher

I'm with you on the SU black stock, Jovi -- that's what got me started buying SU stock, back in 1999! It's a *true* black, and the perfect weight for the cards themselves -- great stuff! I like Neenah's Epic Black linen stock, too -- but it doesn't seem quite as heavy to me (it's fine for layering, though). There's also the texture issue, as far as stamping directly on it goes.

The In Colors are really growing on me, too -- just ordered some single-color packs of my favorites. Because I have a deep-seated fear of ever running out of cardstock I like , I'll probably end up with several packs of each color before they 'retire' them next year!

Happy trails....

Sue

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi
SU cardstock is some of my favorite… I’m such a paper gal! I just ordered a couple pack of the "in colors", and my next order will have more c/s.

I found that I really like SU black cardstock, the color id deep (if that makes sense), and not washed or fade…some black cardstocks have a purplish tint that I don’t care for!
Old 09-22-2006, 09:02 PM   #36  
Crimping Master

I love SU cardstock too. I recently did a craft show and a couple of young girls were gushing over my cards and how great they were. I told them that I couldn't take all the credit, that SU got some because the cardstock matched the ink, ribbon, buttons, brads, etc. Using coordinating colors gives such a polished look.

I love the thickness of the cs and the rich, deep colors. I'm really loving the cranberry crisp and morning marigold right now.