Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   I love MAKING cards BUT the inside (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/i-love-making-cards-but-inside-457820/)

ladybug4233 09-08-2009 03:27 PM

I love MAKING cards BUT the inside

Hi guys,

I am so torn on what I want to do. I love making the cards but I have such a hard time writing in them. I have a lot of stamps and cricut cartridges to make really neat cards and I enjoy it. However, I don't write like the greeting cards in the stores. What do you do? Do you have this problem?

Thanks,
Candie

Mrsjvb 09-08-2009 03:40 PM

all mine are blank inside. maybe, if I am making a specific card for a specific person I will tos sin a generic :Happy Birthday" or something.

but most of my cards get sent to the Troops and they like 'em blank inside to have more room to write home.

NorCalScrappinMama 09-08-2009 03:41 PM

You could always print your sentiment on cardstock in your printer.

amymcgs 09-08-2009 04:05 PM

Use large greeting stamps inside... then you don't have room to write much. ;)
A nice "Happy Birthday" image with a lot of flourishes can take up most of the inside!

binx 09-08-2009 04:07 PM

ladybug, is the problem you don't know what to say, or you don't know the best way to get it inside your card (print, write, stamp)?

If it's just getting it inside I either go with with NorCalScrappinMama said or stamp a sentiment.

If it's not knowing what to say, check out this thread; it's about going over 2 1/2 years and is chock full of good sentiments for inside cards:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=216446

HTH.

Allistamps123 09-08-2009 06:03 PM

I ALWAYS stamp a sentiment inside.....and sometimes an additional stamp, such as a flower or something that goes with the front. I usually add a personal note also.

ronnilee1 09-08-2009 06:13 PM

I have the Cherry Chat set and use it alot or other generic greetings, because I have the same problem. I hate my handwriting and i do not want to write alot and make the card look bad.

mtgchic 09-09-2009 05:40 PM

Wait, we're supposed to put a message on the inside? I thought we were making miniature works of art with a built-in stand. :)

Sometimes I'll stamp a sentiment (of course always crookedly) or print on the computer if I'm feeling organized. But I can't write in them--I use a small piece of paper with my monogram stamped at the top to write my actual handwritten message on, with a ps of "read it & reuse it."

miamiscrapper 09-09-2009 05:59 PM

I keep mine blank on purpose. I like writing a personalized note instead : )

TheSaucyStamper 09-09-2009 06:00 PM

I usually stamp a sentiment or leave it blank.

rj77 09-09-2009 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgchic (Post 15091848)
Wait, we're supposed to put a message on the inside? I thought we were making miniature works of art with a built-in stand. :)

Sometimes I'll stamp a sentiment (of course always crookedly) or print on the computer if I'm feeling organized. But I can't write in them--I use a small piece of paper with my monogram stamped at the top to write my actual handwritten message on, with a ps of "read it & reuse it."

That made me smile! I leave mine blank on the inside and just write whatever inside. My mom hates to write inside hers, though, and I give her most of mine, so I need to find better "inside" stamps.

dhaus 09-16-2009 11:15 AM

[QUOTE=mtgchic;15091848]Wait, we're supposed to put a message on the inside? I thought we were making miniature works of art with a built-in stand. :)

LOL....me too!

starbucks_stamper 09-16-2009 11:59 AM

I know I used to NEVER put anything on the inside of my cards, but now I accent it withe designer paper and add sentiment. I tend to use a lot of sentiments for the inside of my cards from the Sentiment Singles line of stamps. Quite affordable and some are even quite funny.

I tend to be more drawn to clear stamps for my inside of my card because I can see exactly where I am stamping and with all of the time I put on the outside, I don't mess up the inside, LOL! I am notorious for something crooked and quite a "pill" about it.

Here is a link to the outside of a card and inside using the sentiments stamps. Hope that helps :)

cat_woman 09-16-2009 12:22 PM

I usually print the inside sentiment on my computer and then attach it to the inside of the card. That way the sentiment can say whatever I want it to and in the font I want. Here's an example with the b'day card I just made for my sister:

sister's card outside

sister's card inside

GarnetJ 09-16-2009 12:35 PM

Sentiments for inside cards

Hi Candie,
If you are looking for sentiments to put inside cards go to this thread in the downloads forum. The collection of sayings is huge. AND is categorized.

traceyjeanh 09-16-2009 12:44 PM

I leave mine blank; I don't mind my handwriting most of the time. But I am off to check out those sentiments...

debbyb520 09-16-2009 05:26 PM

There is a website called versalog.com that has lots of quotes you can use. I have used quite a few

GaMtnScrap 09-16-2009 08:23 PM

Thanks for all the great links for inside sentiments, I always struggle with the inside, so these will be great for me!

salabob 09-17-2009 05:31 AM

Card insides

I have always used my computer to insert the verses. Until I found the list here on Splitcoast I searched the internet and found a lot of verses on my own. I use my Microsoft Works and used to use the Word. Once you setup the print, it is easy. Using these verses I also can make them personal such as using the heading "Dear George" or whoever. People really comment on that small touch.

Breezy929 09-17-2009 05:59 AM

Thanks for the links! I struggle with this too.

queen bee 09-17-2009 06:20 AM

My handwriting is TERRIBLE! I have always done my card inside on the computer. My signature style is a small quote at the top right, sentiment or verse underneath. For seasonal cards I sometimes do a small poem on the left. The beauty of doing them on the computer is the plethora of of fonts to choose from. Formal, whimsical, elegant, vintage, the font says it. I will admit to on rare occasions, I spent a lot more time finding the perfect font than I did on the card itself!! I did question my sanity at the time!

RyansMom4Ever 09-17-2009 08:40 AM

I always leave mine blank inside however sometimes I will stamp a small image that corresponds with the cover image on the bottom corner of the card.

queen bee 09-17-2009 01:24 PM

hers is my fall card
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=24956

here is the inside done on the computer
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=24956

Please excuse the wonky fold, I was rushing too much

ladybug4233 09-17-2009 06:11 PM

Dear ladies,

Thanks so much for all of the wonderful ideas and links. This will help a lot.

Candie

Bella Creazioni 09-17-2009 06:34 PM

I understand, i had that problem to. I keep old card that people send me and cut out the middle with the saying (the ones i like) and keep in a folder to reference back on then print it up on the computer

Donnarie 09-17-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgchic (Post 15091848)

LOL! Me too!

Phillis 09-18-2009 07:26 AM

I make cards (Note Cards) and leave them blank inside. I package them in a cello bag to sell and include a sticker on the outside that says, "This card is blank inside so that you can add your own sentiment".

Knutsen24 09-18-2009 09:28 AM

I always take a few extra minutes when making a card to decorate the inside to match the front. Not only does it give a card a very polished look but it also reduces the area to write in lol!

Another a great idea is to use different quote/sayings stamps on the inside of cards. There are so many great ones out there!

snowowl 09-24-2009 04:54 PM

I also have the problem of stamping the sentiment straight (too lazy to use a stamp-a-ma-jig) so many times I will purposely stamp the sentiment on an angle and add some stamp images that reflect the front. Need to check out the sites mentioned above for more sentiments that I can do on the computer. That way I can change font, size and color.
Sue

tay0479 09-24-2009 04:57 PM

I usually write my own greeting. No one seems to mind, at least they haven't said so to my face. :)

GPGAL 09-30-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrsjvb (Post 15082308)
all mine are blank inside. maybe, if I am making a specific card for a specific person I will tos sin a generic :Happy Birthday" or something.

but most of my cards get sent to the Troops and they like 'em blank inside to have more room to write home.

I know this is an older post, but how do you send the cards to the troops? I was in a card making group and we did this once, but one of the ladies handled everything and we've sort of disbanded. I have a small group of friends that might be interested in doing this again. Is there an official organization or a specific address that the cards are sent to?

nottoocreative 09-30-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GPGAL (Post 15242021)
I know this is an older post, but how do you send the cards to the troops? I was in a card making group and we did this once, but one of the ladies handled everything and we've sort of disbanded. I have a small group of friends that might be interested in doing this again. Is there an official organization or a specific address that the cards are sent to?

One is called "Cards for Troops," I think, and they have a website. I always do it through the WishRAK; there are several challenges a year and we send them all in to one lady who packages them all up to send on to Cards for Troops. But you can just send them in as an individual...

GPGAL 10-11-2009 08:14 AM

:rolleyes:Wow, way to post & disappear! Sorry about that. I don't know where I've been for the past week but I missed your reply. Thank you very much for the info on cards for the troops. That's great!