Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-16-2010, 04:10 AM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have received a Scor Pal and mat because a kind person (thank you Kurtis!!) read in a thread that I did not have one and I was wondering about it.

I received an offer the other day from someone who read that I hadn't earned the PTI anniversary set so she is sending me an extra that she expects to get in march.

And the list goes on. I've made so many internet friends too.

So for the record -- would LOVE a new car!!! (LOL)

Seriously, I try and pay it forward...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2010, 08:03 PM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because of SCS, I have made some AMAZING friendships, people I never would have known, if it weren't for this place . The kindness that has been shown to me is amazing.

When my Uncle died in 2007, I received a FLOOD of cards in the mail from my friends...when I was getting ready to have my baby later that year, I received a box in the mail labeled "virtual baby shower" which held cards, and an EXTREMELY generous gift card to babies r us. I'm so blessed to have found this forum, those friends, and ones I haven't met yet .
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2010, 08:04 PM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
I have received a Scor Pal and mat because a kind person (thank you Kurtis!!) read in a thread that I did not have one and I was wondering about it.

I received an offer the other day from someone who read that I hadn't earned the PTI anniversary set so she is sending me an extra that she expects to get in march.

And the list goes on. I've made so many internet friends too.

So for the record -- would LOVE a new car!!! (LOL)

Seriously, I try and pay it forward...
LOL...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 03:10 AM   #44  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

I'm glad this thread has resurfaced.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 01:49 PM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 973 Likes on 662 Posts

I need to echo what everyone else has said about SCS. I have met the most supportive group of people ever. They are there in good times and bad times and just listened. I have tried new things and posted cards that are not the caliber of others. That being said, some very kind ladies have written comments. These comments have made my day, week and even month. Thanks to everyone on this site who help to make another persons life better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 02:55 PM   #46  
Die Cut Diva

I love it here too - almost everyone here is kind and friendly and generous. Just the other day I was looking to trade for some retiring cardstock. A very nice woman pm'ed me and said she would gladly send me a bunch of hers, all I had to pay was the postage. I was so happy ... she really made my day! Yes, people here are generous.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2010, 04:45 PM   #47  
Glitter Guru

Default Thank you!!!

I just wanted to give a shout out to Karen. I am pretty new to this whole thing and am learning about all the other companies other than SU. Karen sent me a huge box full of everything, stamps from 6 different companies, bling from 4 different companies, tons of buttons, and different sizes and patterns of paper and various adhesives, all b/c she thought it would get more use with me. Nothing wanted in return, I am forever grateful.
Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2010, 07:57 PM   #48  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I just want to say thank you too all the kind hearted ladies out there that have shared their talent with everyone over the last few years i have been on here..
i have only once had a bad expierince on the sellers thread (never received my stuff i bought)
but karma will always come through
and i have made the most amazing email friends.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2010, 05:39 AM   #49  
Hardware Hotshot

I agree with everyone! There have been SO many kindness' throughout the years I can't even name them all. Mostly, I love how kind you all are on the chit chat board. I've always loved it, but in the past 6 months or so, I've been posting questions on another board, too, because it's really busy. I figured I'd get a lot of extra answers there, and I do, but they are often mixed in with those criticizing me in some way. It just struck me the other day why I'm so surprised at that. Because people here on SCS don't do that! There might be the occasional bit, but mostly I get tons of kindness and support. Thank you ALL for making this such a welcoming place to be!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2010, 04:22 PM   #50  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have more SCS friends that I've never met than I do true "real life" friends! Some people think that's sad, but I'm ok with that LOL

I have been the recipient of many unexpected RAKs from members here...the one I think I will remember the most is receiving a practically new Silent Night set from Amber...I'd been wanting it forever and she sent me hers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2010, 11:53 AM   #51  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

BTT
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2010, 04:17 AM   #52  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks for starting this thread. I agree with it 100% - some of the nicest people are hear and we all are gathered for the love of papercrafting. I want to send out a big thank you to all who have listed tips, advice, ideas, recipes, encouragement, love, support, RAK's, a few kind words - and the list goes on. It is so appreciated and touches others in ways that we may never know.

My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2010, 05:32 AM   #53  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeGeeDeeView Post
BTT
Thanks, Tina.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2010, 09:35 PM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love this site. I am on every day unless I am sick in bed or out of town. I have had several RAK's. Just recently I met a lady who sent me some cowboy dies she cut with her Cricut. I saw a post in the last few weeks where someone was cleaning things up she does not use. She wanted to send these to someone new to stamping or someone who could not buy many supplies. Kudos to her. I don't remember her name but she sure impressed me. The list goes on and on. Great ladies on this site.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2010, 05:28 AM   #55  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love SCS! The people are incredibly kind and thoughtful. Here's just one example that I've encountered:

Once I commented on a card and asked the person that posted where they bought the stamp that was used. She PMed me and said she didn't really like the stamp and if I sent her my address, she'd give it to me! And....she did! Isn't that just wonderful? She wouldn't let me pay for it or for shipping. She just asked me to do something nice for someone else,....you know, pay it forward. I try my best.

Love this site. What a touching thread, too. Thanks for starting it, Scrapjanny.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2010, 06:04 AM   #56  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This place is like my second home. I don't post alot, only have a few cards posted in my gallery, but i am here everyday, twice aday.
Everyone here is so nice and sweet. I don't think i have heard a bad word from anyone.
When i first started coming here, i maybe had a handful a single stamps. I got a RAK from a lady on here, what a surprise!!! it was a box of stamp set from stamping up stamps and ink and embellishments she no longer used. Everytime i go to use those stamps i think of her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2010, 12:36 PM   #57  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mluxenbergView Post
Sounds good! You should check out the meetup group that I belong to: The Manhattan Scrapbooking Meet Up group (www.meetup.com). We meet a few times a month on either Friday nights or Saturdays and we have a blast. Please feel free to join us!
is that Cheryl's group? i went a few times and had tons of fun....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2010, 04:49 PM   #58  
Matboard Maniac

i thoroughly enjoy being on SCS.it is amazing the knowledge that is shared so freely and even when i asked what must have been a stupid question noone made fun of it or me.they just gave useful advice.thank you for making it such a joy.
br3n
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #59  
Die Cut Diva

love this thread!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2010, 12:02 PM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Honestly, my human BFF LOL, lives 3 hours away. I see her maybe 1-2 times a year and if I didn't have my cyber BFF's, I would be very lonely.

I love being on here, sharing, crying, venting. It is all worth it.

Making someone's day, with a surprise, espically if I have a crap load of stuff sitting at home, I will never use, makes ME happy.

Sami - I hope to send you another box soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2010, 12:15 PM   #61  
Glitter Guru

Received 807 Likes on 528 Posts

This site is so much fun! I usually check in a few times a day just to see what is going on.

I've gotten lots of great ideas on cute things to make for people. My sister and I are hospital volunteers and we help plan about 5 luncheons a year for volunteers. I always make the table favors and it's usually something from this site!

I've done the peppermint patty scallops, the kiss tents, the paperclip bookmarks and the next meeting will have the sour cream containers. Since most of the volunteers at these luncheons are "older", they love seeing all the "new" ideas we come up. No Scor-pals, cricut, slice, etc. back in their day

My son is a special needs child so between his daycare, school teachers and therapists, I have about 20 people whom we like to remember at the holidays so I've made cute things for them too without blowing our budget out of the water. Everyone loves handmade things!

I am the office manager (and only girl!) in an office with 9 electricians so it's nice to have "girl time" on this site during the day.

Lots of good ideas, advice, help and support :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2010, 02:47 PM   #62  
Pearl-ExPert

BTT
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2010, 03:53 PM   #63  
Pearl-ExPert

Default cards

I have been fortunate enough to receive raks out of the blue, braks on my birthday and one kind lady sent me her halloween card as I commented how I loved it and so she sent it to me...It hung on my wall for a month! You never know when someone's day is made by a card in the mail....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 06:56 AM   #64  
Pearl-ExPert

Where do I even start? Aside from the obvious crafting treasury of advice, techniques and eye-candy, the SCS members are wonderfully supportive people!!! I was blown away by PMs and posts in my divorcing thread at what was the hardest time in my life. Thank you!!!

"Fearless is not the absence of fear. Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you." (Taylor Swift)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 08:24 AM   #65  
Die Cut Diva

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I love to craft and always have! I had an SU dealer who held stamp camps and she was awesome until she quit SU dealer. Then I found Splitcoast and wow, everything took off! I learned how to buy tools, proper cardstocks, pretty papers, and embellishments all through the helpful sweet encouragement I got from people I didn't know! The people here are amazing and some of the nicest, most helpful, and encouraging people on this planet!! I have to have my Splitcoast fix almost daily! If not for inspiration, but encouragement and to simply see humanity at it's best!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 09:45 AM   #66  
jcg
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mluxenbergView Post
I love this board but rarely post (i'm shy ;) ). There is so much "love" and admiration here. The advice, tips and techniques that I have found here so far has been invaluable to me. I'm addicted to this board and constantly have it "hidden" behind my in-progress spreadsheets and documents at work! Thanks for starting this thread and thanks, everybody, for all of the comraderie!
Me too (shy).... I requested 80 cards for my mother-in-law's 80th birthday three years ago, and they came pouring in. Plus, some people sent little gifts. I thought that was very sweet. Our family also had adopted-a-soldier, and for her birthday I requested birthday cards to send to her.... Once again, people were very nice and sent me a bunch of cards so I could add to her priority mail gift box that we sent.

I enjoy coming here and viewing the great, talented card posters, and all the ideas in the forums.

Thanks...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 04:06 PM   #67  
Glitter Guru

I'm so glad you brought this to the top again! Yesterday I received the nicest PM inviting me to join a card swap. It made my day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #68  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm glad it surfaced again, too. Gives me a chance to agree with all the posters about what a wonderful place SCS is to visit every day!

There was a thread recently asking about tools and supplies people haven't used for a long time. The talk turned to paper crimpers - who had them, who didn't - who still used them, etc. There were some great ideas about how to use them, too.

I posted that I didn't own a paper crimper, but all the neat ideas made me want to go buy one.

The next day I got a lovely private message from such a sweet gal. She said she had a regular crimper and also a small one that she hardly used. She offered to send it to me! Where else do you find people like that these days, but on SCS?

Like we do sometimes when we get something in our head - I had just dashed out that morning and already gotten one. But her kind offer just made my day. (You know who you are if you're reading this, and thank you again.)

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 11:44 PM   #69  
Hardware Hotshot

Yes, I've had three people surprise me with free supplies....#1. five packs of retired SU paper, reinkers, ink pads.
#2. A darling cuttlebug folder
#3. A large variety box of paper, envelopes, etc.

Each time it was such a surprise and I have tried to pay it forward too.
It totally blew me away each time!
This is my favorite place ever!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 01:52 AM   #70  
Polyshrink Goddess

I love scs ....I spend hours here,I get so many tips from you guys and its so friendly.Thanx to everyone for making this forum what it is. xx jo xx
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2011, 02:27 PM   #71  
Kookie Creator

This isn't s SCS story, but when I lost my DH ( he had a seizure disorder...and died due to an ER Drs' nelglect) My BFF (we have known each other since the 9th grade,in 1968...We were just 14 yrs old) called me one day,and asked me what I was doing....she was appalled that I was in bed,and told me to get dressed,that she was taking me somewhere.I started to protest,and she didn't listen...she just said"Get dressed, I am on my way over." So, we left my house,only to have my BFF take me to the other side of our town. Just before she pulled into a subdivision, she said " We are going to go to a scrapbook / card making club as guests. You really need something to occupy your time late at night." I replied " I am not crafty! I have never stamped etc." My BFF said " Yeah! Right, you aren't crafty! You are the only person I know that has sewn everything her daughter wears, not to mention your own clothes !! You ARE going to do this tonight..it isn't going to hurt you HONEST! " So, I relented, and we went to the SU! club as guests.
This was something I really enjoyed. After that first night, I was hooked !! Good thing too, because about 18 months later, my BFF admitted to me that during the first few months immediately after my DH passed away, I would call her at all hours of the day and night, ( not realizing what I was doing ) She told me that I had no sense of time, I would call her at 2 am-3am etc. Being the BFF she is,she never said a word about me waking her up. She would quietly listen to me cry,and talk..and after awhiile she would quietly ask me if I thought I could get some rest. This is what a TRUE FRIEND is.....I have always been VERY Grateful for all that my BFF has done for me.
Like the old saying goes " You usually only have 1 or 2 good friends in your lifetime.",and I find that to be true. We enjoy stamping together, in fact, I just got done helping her to do wedding invites for 2 of her nephews and a friend as well.
There is no way you could EVER re-pay a friend like this...she is always and forever there, and I am the SAME way for her !

SCS is a wonderful place to be....I have made a few friends here as well....Thanks so much to those of you who are SCS friends.....I appreciate you too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #72  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by redcaboose1717View Post
This isn't s SCS story, but when I lost my DH ( he had a seizure disorder...and died due to an ER Drs' nelglect) My BFF (we have known each other since the 9th grade,in 1968...We were just 14 yrs old) called me one day,and asked me what I was doing....she was appalled that I was in bed,and told me to get dressed,that she was taking me somewhere.I started to protest,and she didn't listen...she just said"Get dressed, I am on my way over." So, we left my house,only to have my BFF take me to the other side of our town. Just before she pulled into a subdivision, she said " We are going to go to a scrapbook / card making club as guests. You really need something to occupy your time late at night." I replied " I am not crafty! I have never stamped etc." My BFF said " Yeah! Right, you aren't crafty! You are the only person I know that has sewn everything her daughter wears, not to mention your own clothes !! You ARE going to do this tonight..it isn't going to hurt you HONEST! " So, I relented, and we went to the SU! club as guests.
This was something I really enjoyed. After that first night, I was hooked !! Good thing too, because about 18 months later, my BFF admitted to me that during the first few months immediately after my DH passed away, I would call her at all hours of the day and night, ( not realizing what I was doing ) She told me that I had no sense of time, I would call her at 2 am-3am etc. Being the BFF she is,she never said a word about me waking her up. She would quietly listen to me cry,and talk..and after awhiile she would quietly ask me if I thought I could get some rest. This is what a TRUE FRIEND is.....I have always been VERY Grateful for all that my BFF has done for me.
Like the old saying goes " You usually only have 1 or 2 good friends in your lifetime.",and I find that to be true. We enjoy stamping together, in fact, I just got done helping her to do wedding invites for 2 of her nephews and a friend as well.
There is no way you could EVER re-pay a friend like this...she is always and forever there, and I am the SAME way for her !

SCS is a wonderful place to be....I have made a few friends here as well....Thanks so much to those of you who are SCS friends.....I appreciate you too!
What a lovely, heartwarming story! Thanks for sharing it with us. It reminds me of one of my favorite Tracy Lawrence songs:

"You find out who your friends are
Somebody's gonna drop everything
Run out and crank up their car
Hit the gas, get there fast
Never stop to think 'what's in it for me?' or 'it's way too far'
They just show on up with their big old heart
You find out who your friends are

Everybody wants to slap your back
wants to shake your hand
when you're up on top of that mountain
But let one of those rocks give way then you slide back down look up
and see who's around then."

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2011, 06:28 PM   #73  
Kookie Creator

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
What a lovely, heartwarming story! Thanks for sharing it with us. It reminds me of one of my favorite Tracy Lawrence songs:

wants to shake your hand
Thanks so much for letting me know about the song.......DH & I always said that Kenny Roger's "THROUGH THE YEARS" is actually a song that could have been "written" ( somewhat ) for us.....I had it played at DH Terry's funeral......along with another "song" that we said was "our" song.....everyone was absolutely thrilled about the songs the children ( we have 4) and I chose......We chose religious and songs that were popluar in the early 70's when we dated.......( we dated for 2 1/2 weeks, wrote letters for 10 months ( back and forth to Germany where Terry was stationed in the Service) and Terry came home in June to marry me. You might say that we hardly "knew" each other....but it worked......and we had 28 1/2 wonderful years together !
Again, thanks for mentioning the song....I am going to look it up !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2011, 06:46 PM   #74  
Glitter Guru

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you have such a wonderful friend. Thank you for sharing your story with us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2011, 12:37 AM   #75  
Kookie Creator

Default re: Tracy Lawrence song ?

Thanks so much for these wonderful lyrics. Could you please let me know the name of the song ? Thanks so much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post

wants to shake your hand
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2011, 03:31 AM   #76  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfanView Post
I have made 3 wonderful cyber friends on here, one about 2 hours down the road from me, one halfway across the country and one "across the pond". You guys know who you are, and I appreciate your support and caring. I have received cards from each of these ladies, and I treasure them. One of these ladies sent me a stamp after I commented on one of her cards, saying I wish I had purchased the stamp while it was still available. And from the same lady, I received the most beautiful beaded snowflake ornament, and a few days later, received two packages of the wire forms so I could make my own. And some stamped images so I could get a head start on my Christmas cards this year.

Thanks for starting this thread so I could publicly acknowledge these wonderful women!
And thank YOU, Linda, for my recent package of an absolutely FABULOUS anniversary card and package of very cool dimensionals that are totally perfect for the many tiny things I pop on my CAS cards. You are such a sweetheart! *big smooch*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2011, 03:41 PM   #77  
Mad Swapper

Just thought I'd start at the LAST PAGE of the General Stamping forum and move forward...instead of the other way around. Found this thread and have read all 76 posts. Truly a wonderful group of people on this site. I am new and some of you may think I post alot for a newbie, but I'm so excited to have someone who understands what I do when I go into my "special place" and create. I have been so impressed with all the caring and sharing that goes on in this site. People take the time to share links and info that can really make a difference in how you progress as an "artiste!" That's what we all are here...artists with a passion and a heart for what we do. I'm sure they are out there, but I have to say I haven't met a papercrafter who wasn't kind and giving. Thanks, Split Coast Stampers for reawakening my joy in papercrafting again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2011, 04:06 PM   #78  
Inking Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm new here, and to paper crafting as well. This forum has been a huge help in determining which tools I need to buy, where to buy them, etc.

Everyone is so helpful and friendly, thanks to you all for your great advice =)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #79  
Kookie Creator

I used to only come here and look at the gallery but I finally got the courage to post on the forum and I'm glad I did.

I'm new to this forum and stamping as well and I posted a thread about building my stamping supplies. I got so many responses and I really couldn't believe it. I've been to other places and I've tried asking questions, but I never really feel welcome. I've had a thread on other places that would have 30 views and only 2 replies - I just feel like even if you don't have the answer you could at least say so and give me well wishes.

Here it's not like that at all. Every one has advice and they're all willing to help. I've had several people offer me free things to help with my stamping supplies and I've made a few friends. It's really nice knowing that there are people here who WANT to help.

Now that I know that the people are nice - I basically live on this forum lol. I'm always checking for new threads/replies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #80  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Every time I post something people are so helpful and kind and I've learned a lot even though I've been a stamper for many, many years. It's wonderful to find a spot to ask questions, chat and learn. Thanks all.
Reply With Quote Likes