Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-10-2005, 01:45 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turnaround Time on CTMH Orders?

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get a CTMH order once it has been placed?

Man, I know some people think SU can be pokey (they were for a while, but they're rocking now), but a friend and I went to a CTMH demo on 2/28; it took the hostess 1 week to close her workshop, and the demo is saying it can take 2 weeks once the order is placed? We're looking at 3 weeks or so? That's CRAZY!

Thanks!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2005, 03:06 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

where do you live?

I live in nw Florida and it takes about 10 days once I place the order-oftentimes less when the packing dept is caught up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2005, 03:22 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

I just placed an order last week. My demo placed the order on Sat and she usually states about 10 business days. I also went to a SU party the weekend before and have had my stuff for a week already.

Another reason I love SU!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2005, 03:31 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Jackie46: I live in Illinois.

The demo said it could be as long as the week after next. I don't get it--that's outrageous to me! It'll definitely make me think twice before placing another order with them. It's hard to wait that long when you have something in mind for the product ordered and the turnaround is that long.

I'll probably be shot for saying this but I'm starting to understand why people buy so much on eBay. Yes, there's a risk involved, but you sure get your stuff a lot quicker.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 03:57 AM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default ctmh

I belong to a stamp club from a ctmh demo, and our orders are due on the 10th of each month. I don't get that order until the 1st of the next month! I have questioned her about weather it's her or ctmh. I think it's a lot of both. I know when I was a demo with them, my orders would sometimes take up to 3 weeks and that was just way too long to wait for something new. I know when I order from SU from my demo who lives 1500 miles from me, I get my order in 1 week or less! That was a big factor as to why I quite selling CTMH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 04:57 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Right now, in house turnaround time has been 3-4 days. This could be related to the Spiral Into Spring promotion which could be causing more orders than normal. Most of the time in house turnaround time is 1-2 days unless there is a back order. UPS from Utah is 5 business days to MA, which works out to be 7 days total once the order is shipped. In my opinion, total time with in house and delivery time should never be more than 2 weeks total (unless you are in Canada or on a military base).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 05:14 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I live in Illinois and my CTMH demo usually has the stuff sent straight to me. She also sends me the UPS link so I can keep track of it. It seems to take a little over a week from the time she places the order until it is on my doorstep.

Devildog, if the demo has it sent to her and then she needs to take it to the hostess, and the hostess needs to get it to you that could also put more time in your wait. I don't know where in Illinois you are but if you would like me to give you the name of my demo I would be happy. I know my demo has customers in our area and in the Chicago area. HTH
SCS #11408
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 09:01 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

I order very little from CTMH for two reasons. The only demo I could get to take my order (yes you read that right, two of the demo's were hobby only and didn't take outside orders from strangers.) refuses to direct ship orders to customers...they all go through her...which to me means she is adding up a few customer orders and reaping the hostess benefits. And between the delay in the demo placing the order and the slow pace set by CTMH itself I usually wait anywhere from 3-4 weeks, and as many as 5...but you bet the demo charges my credit card the minute she receives my order. With SU my orders average 6 business days from date of order.

The second reason is when I contacted CTMH to find the name of another demo because I didn't care for the one I am using they wouldn't...couldn't?...look outside my zipcode area, and the gal was rude. SO if you are a CTMH demo...

ANyway, I'm sorry to vent and hijack with my sob story. :oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 09:31 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love SU because of how fast they are. I had a party Sat put it in Sat evening delivered it Wen. The ladies were so excited. This doesn't happen every time but 8 out of 10. When I order from CTMH. It takes forever.

Can I help you take control of your families healthy care?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 09:56 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

I am shocked at how long people are saying the turn around time is with CTMH.... makes me wonder if it's the demo, because when I order CTMH products from my Demo I get my stuff within 3-4 days!!!!! Maybe it does have something to do with where you live?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 10:08 PM   #11  
Cardstock Collector

I am a CTMH rep and live in CO. Their HQ is in UT so I usually get my package 2-3 days after it has been shipped. I have been to other Direct Sales parties where it has taken a month one time and a week another. It all depends on how busy the HQ is at processing the order and how soon the hostess and rep close the party and it gets input. I myself close on the same day as the party as often as possible. I also take checks from customers on "good faith" that it will clear and place the order the same night. Some reps wait until all of the checks clear before placing their order as well.

Every situation is different. I'm also a hobbyist, but will definitely take orders from "strangers". What better way to get more spending money for my own habit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 11:57 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Right now the in-house turnaround time is a bit slow. I placed a CTMH order on Monday and it was not filled until Friday. Shipping to Texas takes another week, so it will be just under two weeks from the time it was ordered until I receive it. It is a bummer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2005, 03:29 AM   #13  
Kookie Creator

I really don't mean for this to be a "tear CTMH up" thread, but another issue, as a previous poster mentioned, was the demo locator. When I tried to locate a demo months ago, the demo that contacted me would not consider doing a workshop on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Now I know that's a plus to owning your own busienss, but when I explained about half of my friends that would be coming lived about an hour away and didn't want to come during the week, she wouldn't budge.

So, then there's this new demo that did the workshop I went to in February. She would only take CC for orders over $100 (actually told 2 guests their orders were too small for her to take theie credit card). Isn't that against Visa/MC rules? Then, we asked about receiving the mini catalog because me and a friend were interested in the kid scrapping kits, and she said it would cost us $.50.

SO, if we want to view the new kits before we buy them, we have to pay to view them? Unacceptable!

I know there's costs involved with being a demo, but sometimes you need to suck it up as a business expense.

One last note--my friend was about 15 mins late for the party; hostess was aware she'd be late and explained it to the demonstrator. Well, her punishment was she was not able to stamp/do the make & take. Yup, this friend didn't get to touch the stamps. They were put away and never seen again. The ironic part, my friend placed the largest order and was not allowed to stamp and has to pay to see new scrapbook kits.

Whewwwww, got that off my chest. A nice SCS'r sent me the name of her demo who has been helping, so I think we just got a bad one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2005, 03:47 AM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

I haven't worked with the demo locater, but it sounds like it needs improving. Some areas don't have many CTMH consultants - maybe that was part of the problem.
It does sound like you got a demo that wasn't very flexible. Please don't think all demos are that way. Most of them are very accomodating.
Dina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2005, 04:04 AM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

I know a lot of the turn around time has to do with the demo. For example I have two friends that do Stampin Up. One is a hobby demo and the other does it all. When I place orders with the hobby doem, I get my stuff within 10 days usually less. The regular demo takes her time getting the stuff to me....I paid for markers last month in the middle of the month and JUST got them yesterday!! I guess as long as I don't need the items very quickly....she is fine to order from.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2005, 04:35 AM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Wow! Scary thread!! I almost feel like I need to take a breath before responding!

I'm a CTMH consultant, and I just hate to hear how some of the demos are doing business! Although, I'm sure there are bad consultants in each of the different companies, when I see one of these threads, I feel like I have to defend the company.

The demo locator is a bit funky. Only demos with a downline get referrals from it, so, that may mean that you have a consultant that has to drive some distance. Myself, I'm in NY, and get many referrals from MA and VT. Needless to say, I'm unable to do home gatherings, but am more than happy to put a nice box together for a book party and send it out. The reason the locator is set up this way is to try and avoid the issue of hobby demos. If they have a downline, then, obviously, they're serious about their business.

As for the gal who refused CC payments under $100, yes, that is illegal, and should have been brought to her attention. If you did, and she didn't budge, I'm sorry. And, to not give you an issue of Expressions was just foolish on her part! Also...to put everything away after the make and take...I'm shaking my head on this one also!

Someone mentioned in-house turnaround at 3-4 days right now. That is correct, and probably has to do with the Spiral into Spring campaign. UPS shipping time from UT to upstate NY for me is 7-8 days. UGH!! Not CTMH's fault tho..so, what can I do? As for shipping directly to a customer, I do that all the time! The gals in UT get their stuff so quickly! I'm jealous! The only order I have come to me is my large Hostess Club order that I place once a month. And, for myself, when it arrives, I get it packed and reshipped within 1-2 days, as, like you guys...I know I want my goodies as soon as I can, so I want the gals to have their goodies as quickly as possible also!!

Allidee....or anybody else, if there's ever anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to email me.

Suz
CTMH Executive Manager
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2005, 06:05 AM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

I personally think a lot has to do w/ the demo and when they submit the order.

It sounds normal to me when I hear that a show won't be closing for a week and then it will take 2 weeks after that for the order to come in. I know a lot of people who leave their shows open for a few days to a week to make sure there are no more orders or to finish collecting their outside orders.

Once things ship from the supplier its out of their hands for how long it takes to get to you via UPS/FedEx/USPS.

I have three SU demo's that I have worked with. Sometimes orders come in quite quickly and other times they seem to take quite a bit longer. Sometimes this is because of hold ups at SU, sometimes its because the demo didn't put the order in right away.

It took 9 days for my last Customer Direct TAC order to arrive 13 days for my last personal TAC order (and the funny thing is they shipped on the same day, using two different shipping methods...UPS and USPS. USPS arrived 2 days after it was sent, and UPS arrived 5 BUSINESS days after it was sent and they were both shipped to me!). My last SU order took 2 weeks to arrive and that was shipped directly to me from SU and the order was placed the day I gave it to my demo.
Reply With Quote Likes