Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   I just performed major surgery..... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/i-just-performed-major-surgery-183658/)

robynstamps 09-15-2006 10:27 AM

I just performed major surgery.....

Well, there was this little cute cowboy kid that I had in my house and he just looked soooo miserable with a mustache. He ached to have it removed but the process seemed almost impossible to do. I decided I would be brave enough to undergo the procedure. So............. I sprayed my hands with Stampin' Mist to make sure they were nice and sterile. Then I layed him on my cutting mat where I made the first incision. "OUCH!!" He didn't like that so I decided he needed to be put out for this. I opened my Staz On Black pad and put it right next to him. That was enough to put him in a deep haze. I continued to made the incisions, sometimes having to tug extra hard here and there. For a second, he I thought he almost lost his nose. I just have to say that ................. the operation was a success!!! The kid is still a bit groggy and it might take him a few times being dosed in ink to feel completely normal. While he was under I also surprised him by getting rid of that silly horsie that he had to have with him at all times. The horse is doing fine, too. :D

Dr. Robyn

jen9853 09-15-2006 10:29 AM

Ha ha ha! Good for a giggle!

Glad he came though okay!

robynstamps 09-15-2006 10:31 AM

Yes, he can actually act his age now!

Mom2Men 09-15-2006 10:34 AM

I have to agree with you. I have that cute little Cowboy Kid as well, however I wish they would have left off the mustache.

tlw411 09-15-2006 10:34 AM

How funny. I'm glad it was a success. When do we get to see your "new" stamp??

robynstamps 09-15-2006 10:36 AM

He has a few stitches in place on his cheeks. As soon as I finish taking those little marks out then he will be ready for exposure.

Robyn

jpmayo 09-15-2006 11:04 AM

Cant wait to see him!
I am sitting here at work laughing and people are looking at me like I am crazy...they would never understand...

Ally 09-15-2006 11:05 AM

Hee hee! Glad he's coming round unscathed!:mrgreen:

robynstamps 09-15-2006 11:21 AM

Now Cowboy Kid and Birthday Beauty will be able to go out on a date. I surgically removed her tear from her face so she is not a blubbering baby all the time. Who wants to date a girl who cries everytime you look at her. :D

Robyn

lindenfan1 09-15-2006 11:25 AM

This is freakin' hilarious!! Stamp surgery - who woulda thought??

tc82742 09-15-2006 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstamps
Now Cowboy Kid and Birthday Beauty will be able to go out on a date. I surgically removed her tear from her face so she is not a blubbering baby all the time. Who wants to date a girl who cries everytime you look at her. :D

Robyn

you are too brave.. first unmounting, then rubbercal surgery.. you must feel empowered by your new freedom!

karla56 09-15-2006 11:53 AM

Now if only the Children of the Corn could have been helped (sigh!)...I'm sure they're in a better place now. A place where surprised looks, self hugs and sentences always starting with "Oh!" are quite commonplace. A place some call "charming". If you had only become a rubber doctor earlier.....

robynstamps 09-15-2006 11:53 AM

Ya, I figured if I was going to be unmounting them I might as well get rid of some of the things I didn't want there anymore. It is VERY empowering. "Cause I'm a WOMAN!!"

Robyn

robynstamps 09-15-2006 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karla56
Now if only the Children of the Corn could have been helped (sigh!)...I'm sure they're in a better place now. A place where surprised looks, self hugs and sentences always starting with "Oh!" are quite commonplace. A place some call "charming". If you had only become a rubber doctor earlier.....

We have that set and it is my 8 yr old DD's favorite stamp set. She would just die if I did anything with it. I'm not even sure if she will let me unmount it. I don't want it to go down in value. ;) You know that EVERYONE wants it!!

Robyn

SilverDragoness 09-15-2006 12:05 PM

lol who knew that Stazon was such a good way keep someone under.

GWTW Junkie 09-15-2006 12:48 PM

Those Stazon fumes, that's good stuff.
Glad Cowboy Kid survived his plastic surgery. His story will be an inspiration to thousands, no doubt! You'll have to do a follow up "where are they now?" in six months.

terry serman 09-15-2006 12:53 PM

My Birthday Beauty had her tear surgically removed also. I figured it was easier to draw a tear if I ever needed to, than to try and mask it off before stamping. I will have to inspect the cowboy to see if I'm a skilled enough surgeon for that.Nip/Tuck!
Terry

colee_dupont 09-15-2006 12:59 PM

LOL! Keep up the good deeds, Dr. Robyn!

JulieHRR 09-15-2006 01:08 PM

Quote:

Robyn

http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...esssmileyf.gif

Well, straight on, Doc!

http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...lmaosmiley.gif

Julesiana 09-15-2006 01:12 PM

Quote:

Well, there was this little cute cowboy kid that I had in my house and he just looked soooo miserable with a mustache. He ached to have it removed but the process seemed almost impossible to do. I decided I would be brave enough to undergo the procedure. So............. I sprayed my hands with Stampin' Mist to make sure they were nice and sterile. Then I layed him on my cutting mat where I made the first incision. "OUCH!!" He didn't like that so I decided he needed to be put out for this. I opened my Staz On Black pad and put it right next to him. That was enough to put him in a deep haze. I continued to made the incisions, sometimes having to tug extra hard here and there. For a second, he I thought he almost lost his nose. I just have to say that ................. the operation was a success!!! The kid is still a bit groggy and it might take him a few times being dosed in ink to feel completely normal. While he was under I also surprised him by getting rid of that silly horsie that he had to have with him at all times. The horse is doing fine, too. :D

Dr. Robyn

Robyn you are just turning into a WILD woman!

First unmounting, now this!! What next--I am afraid to ask!?!:mrgreen:

Julesiana 09-15-2006 01:15 PM

Robyn, I am thinkin': You could have a new show:

Extreme MakeOver--Stamp Edition

newinker 09-15-2006 01:22 PM

Do you accept out of state patients? I don�t know if I have a steady enough hand to attempt surgery by myself. I have insurance if that helps. ;)

robynstamps 09-15-2006 01:44 PM

I'm not taking new patients at the time but I will let you know soon. I believe I will only take CDO insurance. It has the most benefits to us skilled professionals!!

Cowboy is doing great but he does have a few marks on his cheeks. He will need a small face lift for those which should be very easy. He's a little self conscious, just as anyone is coming out of surgery. I'll give him a few days before I take pictures. :)

Dr. Xacto Robyn

Joan B 09-15-2006 01:44 PM

You're killin' me!! LOL

olivia'smom 09-15-2006 02:27 PM

Will you be posting a card to show us all the improvement?

robynstamps 09-15-2006 02:39 PM

Okay, pressures on! Now I will have to make a card on the spot with this new little guy. He is NOT perfect, like I said. There are a couple little marks on his cheek but they give him character. Now that I have instant uploads (Fanclub bonus) I will have to get right on that!!

sharonw05 09-15-2006 03:59 PM

I can't wait to see the new and improved cowboy kid! I never did like that mustache!

Sharon

Josephsmom04 09-15-2006 04:08 PM

Is he ready to make his new debut?

robynstamps 09-15-2006 05:19 PM

Here he is!! He just has one little blemish left. I had to go in and do some reconstructive surgery after he rested. Hope you like!!

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=17701

Robyn

Rebecca 1 09-15-2006 05:26 PM

Quote:

Here he is!! He just has one little blemish left. I had to go in and do some reconstructive surgery after he rested. Hope you like!!

//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=365897&cat=500&ppuser=17701

Robyn

Great job Doc! I left you some love!

stampinchicago 09-15-2006 05:35 PM

Too funny....and a skilled surgery! I have that dang cowboy and have not used him due to his mustache. I love how others have given him a sex change....it would be so much easier after your surgery. One day when I've not had too much coffee, perhaps I'll pick up the knife. Thanks for the courage booster!

Kathyc 09-15-2006 06:30 PM

Great job on your little man! Next you'll be performing lypo-suction on the one with the big butt from Wisecracks!!!

serialpurrs 09-15-2006 07:20 PM

LMAO

momma b 09-15-2006 08:48 PM

Love the new look of the Cowboy. He looks like a little boy should!!

CardFanatic 09-15-2006 09:14 PM

Your story was hilarious! :lol:
Great new look!

Dotty 09-15-2006 09:25 PM

This is HILARIOUS!! You are so funny. And while I do not own this set (yet), he is so dang cute with out the mustache! Glad to hear that you did the same to Birthday Beauty, they will make a super cute couple! TFS, I really needed the laugh :)

fionna51 09-16-2006 08:30 AM

I wasn't going to get the cowboy. I may have to rethink that and do some surgery too. I was wondering, I have a pair of cuticle clippers(?) that do a great job on hangnails and my thin flimsy nails that always split lengthwise. I wonder how they would work on the "-stache"...hmmmm...

J-Bo 09-16-2006 09:20 AM

Too funny and congrats on the successful surgery:)

Lyndie 09-24-2006 06:53 PM

I "performed surgery" on mine last night and now he's a she!! You defintely need the tweezers to pull out what you cut though!! (I tried just using my fingernails..dumb idea on my part..:rolleyes: )