Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-29-2021, 12:37 PM   #1401  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello Pam,

Thanks I let you know when they come too! Linda

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJBstamper2View Post
Linda - I mailed the cards I made for you today.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2021, 12:42 PM   #1402  
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, I let you know when I get them. Are we make a Starbucks card too?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr SonjaView Post
I like making coffee cards - I like Starbucks, too.
There are lots of male birthday cards in the package I have to send to you, so don't worry about the men at church. I will pack it up tonight. I have been just delayed on it but its time to get it in the mail.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2021, 02:53 PM   #1403  
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is your tracking number for the package:
9405 5036 9930 0254 9646 07

Do you want a coffee themed birthday card? It could go for challenge WT829

June 21 VSN Main – June 18-19, starts 5 pm EDT
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2021, 03:52 PM   #1404  
Stazon Splitcoast

yes or could starbucks both themed go with WT829 Challenge LOL

Quote:

H

ere is your tracking number for the package:
9405 5036 9930 0254 9646 07

Do you want a coffee themed birthday card? It could go for challenge WT829
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2021, 05:17 PM   #1405  

Since Starbucks is a trademark, I do not have stamps that are "Starbucks" but I have lots of other great coffee theme stamps and dies. I am thinking to make a shaker card with some die cuts I have from Stamplorations.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2021, 05:30 PM   #1406  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes your right I was not thinking about trademark either. Great ideal.

Quote:

Since Starbucks is a trademark, I do not have stamps that are "Starbucks" but I have lots of other great coffee theme stamps and dies. I am thinking to make a shaker card with some die cuts I have from Stamplorations.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2021, 06:24 PM   #1407  

KEYWORD: WT829

Paper: PTI chocolate, kraft, ivory, brown glitter paper, Tonic heavy weight acetate
Die: Stamplorations Coffee Zen
Accessories: Stamplorations Coffee shaker mix
Technique: shaker card
Attached Thumbnails
I have some stamping questions and thoughts-hw185.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2021, 08:02 PM   #1408  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Dr. Sonja you get brownie points! And dad say yes on put the Mother Day note pads together. Are you still teapotters or teacups with pastel colors right? 25 to 30. (I think I told 25?) Thanks Linda

QUOTE=Dr Sonja;22047926]KEYWORD: WT829

Paper: PTI chocolate, kraft, ivory, brown glitter paper, Tonic heavy weight acetate
Die: Stamplorations Coffee Zen
Accessories: Stamplorations Coffee shaker mix
Technique: shaker card[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2021, 12:06 PM   #1409  

I enclosed a completed sample of the notepad in the package.

The note pad is assembled with 2 staples. You have the teapot stamp from SU in the Tea Together set. If you have a friend from church who can help you fold and staple it will be very simple. If you want to glue additional decoration on the cover, that is also very easy.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2021, 05:36 PM   #1410  
Stazon Splitcoast

Can stamp on front the tea stamps for me? my dad will be putting them together for me. instead of church friend. And this will help me dad too. Thanks Linda

Quote:

I enclosed a completed sample of the notepad in the package.

The note pad is assembled with 2 staples. You have the teapot stamp from SU in the Tea Together set. If you have a friend from church who can help you fold and staple it will be very simple. If you want to glue additional decoration on the cover, that is also very easy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2021, 12:27 PM   #1411  

OK

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2021, 12:54 PM   #1412  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for helping my dad and I Linda

Quote:

OK
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2021, 01:36 PM   #1413  
Stazon Splitcoast

You packaged came thank you Dr. Sonja I think note pad are going be cute. in pastels and teacups too. I have look at all the card either. But, the ones I did look at look great Thanks for all your hard work too! Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2021, 05:45 PM   #1414  

You should have plenty of extra birthday cards. We are done for the year on birthday?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2021, 06:38 PM   #1415  
Stazon Splitcoast

Dear Dr. Sonja,

Question on the note pad teapot? Are coloring teapot? And you send all the supplies right? All we put them together right? My dad ask why you use different DSP? I told him that was for decorations was I right? He is so dents. He dose understand anything. He wanted to you all white copy or white cardstock? I told him white copy Am I right? We do you will able to sent them? Will have Happy Mother Day on there? Are do any decorations at all beside the teacups? Are doing enough 25 notepads in pastel colors? I am asking all the questions so I know what to expected? Thanks Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2021, 06:44 PM   #1416  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am not sure??? If not not we are very close to being done. I might do my pastor a special but not do until Oct.
Quote:

You should have plenty of extra birthday cards. We are done for the year on birthday?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2021, 07:33 PM   #1417  
Mad Swapper

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Linda,
I was planning to mail out your cards today but our dishwasher leaked water and completely ruined our kitchen flooring. We had a company out here today to examine the damage and will have to pull up all the floors and replace them, once it's all dried out. Hoping we don't also have to replace some of the kitchen cabinets. So I didn't make it to the post office, but will do that this week.
Glad to hear that you'll have a year's worth of birthday cards now, for family and friends.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2021, 08:21 PM   #1418  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
Dear Dr. Sonja,

Question on the note pad teapot? Are coloring teapot? And you send all the supplies right? All we put them together right? My dad ask why you use different DSP? I told him that was for decorations was I right? He is so dents. He dose understand anything. He wanted to you all white copy or white cardstock? I told him white copy Am I right? We do you will able to sent them? Will have Happy Mother Day on there? Are do any decorations at all beside the teacups? Are doing enough 25 notepads in pastel colors? I am asking all the questions so I know what to expected? Thanks Linda
Those little notebooks sound so pretty and I think it's really wonderful that your dad is willing to help you put them together. He sounds thoughtful and generous
to help you make little gifts for the moms at church, since he knows how much enjoyment you get out of it.
This is your chance to explain some of the reasons that you love crafting so much, and a bit of what goes into designing a project. He doesn't have to be an expert, just as I'm sure he can do a lot of things that you don't know how to do, but you can be a team and enjoy the process, right?
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2021, 09:35 PM   #1419  

Linda,
Here is what I plan for the notepads:
1. I will cut and score the cardstock covers in a variety of pastel and spring colors.
2.. I will stamp the teapot on the cover. I will NOT be coloring the teapots.
3. I will cut the papers for the interior note pages.
The note pages will be an assortment of pretty scraps of single sided designer papers and possibly some white copy paper, if needed. I have a large pile of scrap paper that I keep and it is wonderful for the inside papers. The lady can take her notes on the plain side of the paper and enjoy the surprise of what the next paper will look like. Just like the sample I sent you- different papers inside are very pretty.
4. You and dad will need to fold the cover around about 8 pieces of note pages and put 2 staples to hold it together. It will look just like an over-sized matchbook but instead of matches, it has note pages inside.

5. I will send an assortment of decorations that you can glue onto the outside of the cover. You can pick whatever you like to match the colors. They will be different things so there will be quite a variety to pick from. Some ladies might like bright things, some might prefer more subdued. I have a number of ATC that I got in swaps a few years back and I think some of them will be perfect to use to decorate the covers. Some have buttons, lace, flowers, butterflies--all sorts of goodies.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2021, 09:41 PM   #1420  

Karen- gosh, what a mess for your kitchen. So sorry you have to go through tearing all that out but hopefully it will be fresh and lovely when completed.

Since COVID i have been doing all my post office stuff on-line at usps.com
If you have a scale that measures ounces you can calculate and purchase the postage at home. It prints out on copy paper and just tape it to your package. I even ordered their padded envelopes for sending piles of cards to Linda. They sent a package of 25 and it was free. I also order my stamps on-line. They come packaged on chipboard that is handy to recycle into mini-albums. BONUS!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2021, 09:56 PM   #1421  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Karen- gosh, what a mess for your kitchen. So sorry you have to go through tearing all that out but hopefully it will be fresh and lovely when completed.

Since COVID i have been doing all my post office stuff on-line at usps.com
If you have a scale that measures ounces you can calculate and purchase the postage at home. It prints out on copy paper and just tape it to your package. I even ordered their padded envelopes for sending piles of cards to Linda. They sent a package of 25 and it was free. I also order my stamps on-line. They come packaged on chipboard that is handy to recycle into mini-albums. BONUS!
Yes, I love the option of mailing from home. I almost always order my stamps online and also calculate postage from home as well, because standing in line at the post office is low on my list of favorite things to do. I bought a small scale at least 10 years ago and it's great for doing double duty as a postage scale and when I repackage Costco meat in 1 lb packs. Funny that you mention the chipboard that sheets of stamps come with because I have a whole stash of those that I've accumulated over the years. I've used them as backings for clear stamp sets (before I slip them into clear sleeves), and have cut them for making ATC's. I LOVE upcycling packaging.
By the way, out of curiosity, how do you bind your mini-albums? I recently helped my granddaughter make a birthday book for her dad's birthday and it was too large to staple together. I ended up punching holes along the spine and sewing a binding with quilting thread. I always wonder how others bind their minis and journals.
My snag is getting the cards organized and making sure I have all of them in the package. I can just imagine sending them out and then finding one stray card left behind, ugh. That's happened too many times.
As for our kitchen , it will eventually be taken care of but in the meantime I've had a flareup of asthma from the water and mold, argh. When we realized the extent of the damage, we knew we had to hire a company to come in with the big guns. Good thing we're in the middle of COVID and aren't hosting any get togethers, right?! Silver linings and all.
Thanks for the tips on postage and sympathy for my kitchen mess.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2021, 10:03 PM   #1422  
Mad Swapper

Hi Sonja,

Those matchbook notepads sound like a great little gift for the women at church and I love the idea of using patterned papers for the inside pages. I've always just used plain white copy paper inside, but now I want to try it with scraps of patterned paper for a change. As you say, it's like a little surprise each time you flip to a new page. I might even have to whip up one or two of them for Valentines day with heart papers!
I also like the plan for Linda and her Dad to work on the notebooks together. This way, Linda participates in the process, which makes it an actual gift from her. I'm sure the recipients will be more touched by the work that Linda and her Dad put into it than a fancier project that was made by someone they don't know.
Linda, the notebooks will be just darling, and I hope that you and your Dad forge some new memories as you work together on them.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2021, 10:53 PM   #1423  

For mini albums I use the same binding system that Daphne teaches in her tutorials for Scrap N Create. She has youtube tutorials that give all the details for albums. She shows it at about 46 minutes on this video:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2021, 09:44 AM   #1424  
Mad Swapper

[QUOTE=Dr Sonja;22048854]For mini albums I use the same binding system that Daphne teaches in her tutorials for Scrap N Create. She has youtube tutorials that give all the details for albums. She shows it at about 46 minutes on this video: [/QUOTE] Thanks for the link. I haven't made a mini album like this yet, but I've bookmarked the tutorial for later. I have a lot of mat board that I got when we moved my mom out of her house, years ago, that would be perfect for mini album covers. Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2021, 01:10 PM   #1425  
Mad Swapper

Hi Linda,
I mailed your package of cards from the post office today. However, I forgot to include my list of who the cards are for! I think you'll be able to figure it out though, as I made them for specific kids and young men. I also put a belated birthday card in there for you, and a couple of extras for anyone you wish to give to .
Hope it gets there okay, because I've had problems with some of my packages taking forever!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2021, 03:03 PM   #1426  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ho no I hope can repair the damage my friend I totally understand. I will be praying this is not fun either. take care my friend! Thanks, Linda

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazekaView Post
Hi Linda,
I was planning to mail out your cards today but our dishwasher leaked water and completely ruined our kitchen flooring. We had a company out here today to examine the damage and will have to pull up all the floors and replace them, once it's all dried out. Hoping we don't also have to replace some of the kitchen cabinets. So I didn't make it to the post office, but will do that this week.
Glad to hear that you'll have a year's worth of birthday cards now, for family and friends.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2021, 03:56 PM   #1427  
Stazon Splitcoast

yes but hard explain things because, He the type person that wanted figure and reasoning behind everything instead trying expected that's the was things work! Linda

Quote:

Those little notebooks sound so pretty and I think it's really wonderful that your dad is willing to help you put them together. He sounds thoughtful and generous
to help you make little gifts for the moms at church, since he knows how much enjoyment you get out of it.
This is your chance to explain some of the reasons that you love crafting so much, and a bit of what goes into designing a project. He doesn't have to be an expert, just as I'm sure he can do a lot of things that you don't know how to do, but you can be a team and enjoy the process, right?
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2021, 04:14 PM   #1428  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks will see....And I will let you know we come too !Linda

Quote:

Hi Linda,
I mailed your package of cards from the post office today. However, I forgot to include my list of who the cards are for! I think you'll be able to figure it out though, as I made them for specific kids and young men. I also put a belated birthday card in there for you, and a couple of extras for anyone you wish to give to .
Hope it gets there okay, because I've had problems with some of my packages taking forever!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2021, 04:16 PM   #1429  
Stazon Splitcoast

A note for Pam Her cards come today. I will send her a PM email too Thanks Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2021, 04:42 PM   #1430  
Stazon Splitcoast

I need to don't use designer papers. Because don't think people will be able write on it. He white Copy paper. Or Solid color to write. You DSP On the outside cover? Is That's what do? yes, Or no? everything else should be find. How many you send? When do you think you will have them done? Thanks Linda

Quote:

Linda,
Here is what I plan for the notepads:
1. I will cut and score the cardstock covers in a variety of pastel and spring colors.
2.. I will stamp the teapot on the cover. I will NOT be coloring the teapots.
3. I will cut the papers for the interior note pages.
The note pages will be an assortment of pretty scraps of single sided designer papers and possibly some white copy paper, if needed. I have a large pile of scrap paper that I keep and it is wonderful for the inside papers. The lady can take her notes on the plain side of the paper and enjoy the surprise of what the next paper will look like. Just like the sample I sent you- different papers inside are very pretty.
4. You and dad will need to fold the cover around about 8 pieces of note pages and put 2 staples to hold it together. It will look just like an over-sized matchbook but instead of matches, it has note pages inside.

5. I will send an assortment of decorations that you can glue onto the outside of the cover. You can pick whatever you like to match the colors. They will be different things so there will be quite a variety to pick from. Some ladies might like bright things, some might prefer more subdued. I have a number of ATC that I got in swaps a few years back and I think some of them will be perfect to use to decorate the covers. Some have buttons, lace, flowers, butterflies--all sorts of goodies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2021, 06:28 PM   #1431  

Quote:

I need to don't use designer papers. Because don't think people will be able write on it. He white Copy paper. Or Solid color to write. You DSP On the outside cover? Is That's what do? yes, Or no? everything else should be find. How many you send? When do you think you will have them done? Thanks Linda
Linda,
Take a look at the green notepad I sent you. It has DP inside and all the paper is white on the reverse side so it is easy to write on. Also, some of the DP is pastel and no problem to write on top of the patterns. It is more fun and pretty to have DP inside. Trust me on this one.

Your dad should be able to understand how to put it together. It is very simple to fold the paper and staple the end. Do you still have the link to the step-by-step instructions from VSN? I can print those photos on a sheet of paper for you to follow, too.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2021, 08:09 PM   #1432  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Linda,
Take a look at the green notepad I sent you. It has DP inside and all the paper is white on the reverse side so it is easy to write on. Also, some of the DP is pastel and no problem to write on top of the patterns. It is more fun and pretty to have DP inside. Trust me on this one. I trust It's dad who dose understand the different DSP and write on top with dark pens. and he thinking DSP Should be the same for whole note pad. And for example his thinking use the blue DSP How is someone blue ink pen. And if write over red Roses. How you supposed to tell what you wrote? I can't him to understand you can see what you wrote. now you see what we go thou went we try to stamp. It's funny but, not funny either. it's frustrating to me.

Your dad should be able to understand how to put it together. It is very simple to fold the paper and staple the end. Do you still have the link to the step-by-step instructions from VSN? I can print those photos on a sheet of paper for you to follow, too.
yes but show him I think confused him more LOL Thanks Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2021, 08:19 PM   #1433  

Oh, your dad wants everything to be "matchy-matchy". That is so boring!
Tell him ladies like variety and surprises!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2021, 08:22 PM   #1434  

KEYWORD: MMTPT654

Native-American inspired feathers on water colored paper with Nuvo dots like colored beads on the background.

Stamp: SU sentiment
Paper: PTI watercolor feather designs
Ink: Altnew water colors
Accessories: Nuvo jewel drops
Attached Thumbnails
I have some stamping questions and thoughts-hw186.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2021, 12:38 PM   #1435  
Stazon Splitcoast

yes But I not tell now. He in bad mood! Do you have pastels you could mix and match that way. I think that will work too?

Quote:

Oh, your dad wants everything to be "matchy-matchy". That is so boring!
Tell him ladies like variety and surprises!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2021, 12:40 PM   #1436  
Stazon Splitcoast

I like this one too. very bright and upbeat! Thanks,

Quote:

KEYWORD: MMTPT654

Native-American inspired feathers on water colored paper with Nuvo dots like colored beads on the background.

Stamp: SU sentiment
Paper: PTI watercolor feather designs
Ink: Altnew water colors
Accessories: Nuvo jewel drops
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2021, 08:38 PM   #1437  

Quote:

yes But I not tell now. He in bad mood! Do you have pastels you could mix and match that way. I think that will work too?
I will send a variety. You may assemble them any way you prefer.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2021, 12:43 PM   #1438  
Stazon Splitcoast

okay.....

Quote:

I will send a variety. You may assemble them any way you prefer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 12:54 AM   #1439  

KEYWORDS: ABC14P16, WT830

A get well card with brads for the pastel flower centers

STAMP: Clearly Besotted
PAPER: PTI
Ink: SU
Accessories: colored brads, gold washi tape trimming edge of panel, Nuvo fine gold embossing powder
Attached Thumbnails
I have some stamping questions and thoughts-hw187.jpg  

Last edited by Dr Sonja; 02-05-2021 at 12:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 12:56 AM   #1440  

KEYWORD: CC829, SC839

Using colors red, vanilla and black and the sketch challenge layout-an anniversary card

Stamp: Technique Tuesday
Paper: PTI & red glitter papper
Accessories: Tim Holtz heart die, Nuvo fine black embossing powder
Attached Thumbnails
I have some stamping questions and thoughts-hw188.jpg  

Last edited by Dr Sonja; 02-05-2021 at 01:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes