Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-01-2020, 06:12 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 72 Posts

Do you know if she have videos on youtube? I think you ought to tell scs website she could see a lot cards here. And make lots stamping friends here. Why don't join here? I was just wondering? I will be think about your offer. I don't have FB. Thanks, Linda

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindagradyForums at Splitcoaststampers

HI Linda, liked a lot of the ideas offered to you from other stampers. I have a friend who lost her left arm to cancer 15 years ago and continues to stamp.  She has a husband who has made many adaptations for her to be successful.  He does have to do scissor  cuttings for her.  Her obsession currently is making hand made flowers from foamiran.  Also has started sharing stamping videos to post in a FB group.Would like to put you in touch with her to talk about stamping, if you are interested, she is in Michigan.  Pls email me, if interested at [email protected].  She also does cards for her church and care pkgs to military.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2020, 06:29 PM   #42  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsForums at Splitcoaststampers
 Do you know if she have videos on youtube? I think you ought to tell scs website she could see a lot cards here. And make lots stamping friends here. Why don't join here? I was just wondering? I will be think about your offer. I don't have FB. Thanks, Linda

Not sure if she has any videos on Youtube. Will have to check with her. I have watched them on FB and her blog (name of blog escapes me, sorry). If you want to email me, I can find out from her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2020, 06:45 PM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

I will check with you in few days. Can you if you can get her to scs too?For I don't have FB either And don't have a blog either. Thanks Linda

Quote:

Not sure if she has any videos on Youtube. Will have to check with her. I have watched them on FB and her blog (name of blog escapes me, sorry). If you want to email me, I can find out from her.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2020, 11:47 AM   #44  
Glitter Queen

Default Linda's friend

Quote:

I will check with you in few days. Can you if you can get her to scs too?For I don't have FB either And don't have a blog either. Thanks Linda

Will be happy to check with my friend and see if she is on SCS, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2020, 12:40 PM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Will let know what you find out! thanks Linda
Quote:

Will be happy to check with my friend and see if she is on SCS, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2020, 10:34 AM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Anymore Stamping Ideals? Or anyone what to chat stamping today? What is on your mind today? thanks Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2020, 11:45 AM   #47  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been thinking of this thread. How much ability do you have for one-handed stamping? Do you have any grasping ability in your one hand? Could you hold a wooden handle, like Tim Holtz's blending tool? https://www.scrapbook.com/store/pp-riibt40965.html?t12-13=tim+holtz
If you can, perhaps your dad could drill some holes in the top of wooden stamps to glue handles into the holes for you. 

A friend sent me a newsletter this morning in my email box from Joni and Friends. Joni is wheelchair bound and she creates drawings and paintings with a pencil or brush in her mouth. https://www.joniandfriends.org/category/jonis-artwork/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2020, 12:47 PM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

yes I do grasping ability in your one hand. But, the stamp are wood stamp are from stampin'up and I don't have room on the wood blocks pulse most of the stamp use Clear Acrylic Stamp Block. So, I am not sure how that would work. forget to say head and fallowed Joni  for sometime but, I stop  fallowing her. 
Linda Littlepage

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rush'd LadyForums at Splitcoaststampers
I've been thinking of this thread. How much ability do you have for one-handed stamping? Do you have any grasping ability in your one hand? Could you hold a wooden handle, like Tim Holtz's blending tool? https://www.scrapbook.com/store/pp-riibt40965.html?t12-13=tim+holtz
If you can, perhaps your dad could drill some holes in the top of wooden stamps to glue handles into the holes for you. 

A friend sent me a newsletter this morning in my email box from Joni and Friends. Joni is wheelchair bound and she creates drawings and paintings with a pencil or brush in her mouth. https://www.joniandfriends.org/category/jonis-artwork/

Last edited by hotwheels; 09-03-2020 at 01:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2020, 04:32 PM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

I can't stand it.... Lord got help find away to stamp and do the challenges again. I don't understand this. Why the Lord take by stamp buddy away know all the  physical limitations. When  He Knowingly  new How much fun stamping was to me. And He knows I wanted to work for him?
I have always had to be a fighter And used to challenges all my life. There is get be away to do this. I will not  stop looking for ways too make this happen. I afraid you ladies are going to give up on this! But, I will not! Thanks Linda

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2020, 07:55 PM   #50  
Mad Swapper

Received 108 Likes on 59 Posts

Hi Linda,

I'm just wondering what you like about the challenges on SCS, and which ones you used to enter. I am not familiar with the challenges here, but have done online challenges on various blogs. You mentioned wanting to participate in the challenges again. Was it seeing everyone's cards that you enjoyed the most, or sharing your entries with others?

I understand that you are really frustrated and saddened about not being able to continue to create the cards that you love, but maybe checking out some of the threads on the forum and chatting with others about stamping and crafting will help a bit. I know that when I can't stamp or craft, reading about it online and talking with other crafters makes me feel connected.

I had eye problems for 2 years that made it very difficult to do any of the crafts that I love to do and found that trading ideas with others really helped keep up my spirits.

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2020, 08:40 PM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Karen: Love to answer question but not to long to explain it all right now. I do chatting on other threads on the forum too. Just on a lot of them. I hung out here and chat too. I use to there challenges too. But the challenge I am wanted to get too. on the home page But, you Have fan club rember witch I am not anymore. It cost money. I would paid it. But since stamping anyone. I did pay it  angin. I a friend on the alphabet thread who help understand the challenges. And there more I will explain later. Puls I will post the orther challenges too. It later I need too go bed.Thanks Linda

Last edited by hotwheels; 09-03-2020 at 08:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2020, 09:27 PM   #52  
Mad Swapper

Hi Linda,

Oh, I don't need you to explain the challenges. I just wondered what you like about them. Is it the chat between the participants, or is it sharing ideas and card designs?
Karen

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2020, 02:04 PM   #53  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Linda,
I have read all the comments.  I keep coming back to this line in Post#6, from you:

"Basically mom was my hands for everything. I picked the stamps and the die cuts and colors and the embellishments And the layout or type cards and such." 

I think the answer seems that:  SCS members would need to use Private Messaging option to communicate the choices to you:  send photos of what supplies we have on hand and let you pick the choices and then you would be designing the cards through choosing which paper, stamp, embellishments you like.  When the card is finished we would mail it to you (blank inside) and you could give them out.
I am willing to try one, and if it works well, then we can post again, that it worked out.    Others might want to try this as well, and maybe you will get enough to participate that you are designing and communicating with more and more of us on a regular basis and getting enough cards to satisfy your giving heart.

Teresa   gallery:  aztk
my style may not be yours, but we can try and then others will have their style and approach.   Browse my gallery if you want, just to get an idea of my past designs.
I will PRIVATE MESSAGE you a photo of some choices and see if this can work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2020, 02:33 PM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazekaForums at Splitcoaststampers

you 35 to 40 challenge and they write the challenges They might saying like made a birthday card with cake. And you Keyword you when upload cards. If you do all challenges you prizes in some of the ANNUAL Challenges  I think it fun and challenges. Even tho it can frustration to me at time. I learn a lot too. you have fan club member witch 14.95 for 6 months or 24.95 for a year.  And can I make for the challenges. I donation the card difference place too. I think the challenges for week or two can't remember that part. I like this  challenge too even tho not really a challenge. You might wanted to check it out? 
Forums at Splitcoaststampers I hope answers your questions Let me know if you have anymore questions too. I trying answer them. Thanks for chatting with me. Linda

Hi Linda,

Oh, I don't need you to explain the challenges. I just wondered what you like about them. Is it the chat between the participants, or is it sharing ideas and card designs?
Karen

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2020, 02:47 PM   #55  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello Teresa,

Will you give time And I will get back to you. Life is busy at the moment There are other that need to be dealt with. And yes, I style are different but you have some cards I do Like. Do you look at my gallery?
Thanks Linda

QUOTE=aztk;21994822]
Linda,
I have read all the comments.  I keep coming back to this line in Post#6, from you:

"Basically mom was my hands for everything. I picked the stamps and the die cuts and colors and the embellishments And the layout or type cards and such." 

I think the answer seems that:  SCS members would need to use Private Messaging option to communicate the choices to you:  send photos of what supplies we have on hand and let you pick the choices and then you would be designing the cards through choosing which paper, stamp, embellishments you like.  When the card is finished we would mail it to you (blank inside) and you could give them out.
I am willing to try one, and if it works well, then we can post again, that it worked out.    Others might want to try this as well, and maybe you will get enough to participate that you are designing and communicating with more and more of us on a regular basis and getting enough cards to satisfy your giving heart.

Teresa   gallery:  aztk
my style may not be yours, but we can try and then others will have their style and approach.   Browse my gallery if you want, just to get an idea of my past designs.
I will PRIVATE MESSAGE you a photo of some choices and see if this can work.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by hotwheels; 09-04-2020 at 03:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2020, 04:58 PM   #56  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 176 Likes on 90 Posts

alas I am not near you Linda. I am up in NY but I was thinking maybe someone here would know someone -South of Ft Worth-who could come and stamp with you....or you could go there. 

I don't know how bad Covid is by you right now so in person may not be possible. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2020, 01:11 PM   #57  
Stazon Splitcoast

yes, maybe one day.... We work on something online or though email.But, enough in stone yet! Linda

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperForums at Splitcoaststampers
alas I am not near you Linda. I am up in NY but I was thinking maybe someone here would know someone -South of Ft Worth-who could come and stamp with you....or you could go there. 

I don't know how bad Covid is by you right now so in person may not be possible. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2020, 05:24 PM   #58  
Stazon Splitcoast

Has anyone tried home made die cut? If, so what type metal did you use? I Thought might be interested to try in a Cuttlebug machine. But, where would you buy the metal also. And you know what I talking about when I say Cuttlebug machine right? thanks Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2020, 05:59 PM   #59  
Stazon Splitcoast

Has anyone tried what was posted in #58? I am just wondering? Let me know! Thanks Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2020, 08:44 PM   #60  
Mad Swapper

Hi Linda,
I've never tried making my own dies and don't know anyone who has either. I imagine it would be very difficult to make your own metal dies at home though.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2020, 11:04 PM   #61  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 77 Likes on 49 Posts

I have never heard of anyone doing it either.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2020, 06:41 AM   #62  
Proud Fan Club Member

I have not heard of home made dies either. I would imagine that would require a real piece of equipment for the pressure required. More than our die machines. 

What gave you this idea? Trying to save money?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2020, 06:44 AM   #63  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Can't make homemade dies.  These dies are manufactured.  There are many places online to buy different style dies.

Also some info on cuttlebug and die cutting machines.  

First as far as I know the cuttlebug has been discontinued and not produced anymore  You would have to find a cuttlebug on the secondary market. 

Second, the cuttlebug is manually operated, meaning you would have to turn a handle to work the cuttlebug, and with your hand problems it would be very difficult to operate, you would need someone to operate the cuttlebug.  I'm starting to get arthritis in my hands and if I have to make multiple die cuts my hands are starting to hurt using the cuttlebug.

With that said, there are electric die cutting machines on the market.  Some are super duper machines that also cut felt, vinyl and chipboard and additional heavy weightitems for crafting.

You would have to do a search on the internet to decide what kind of die cutting machine you would need and the price range affordable.

I haven't searched for an electric machine as of yet(so I can't give you and info regarding electric die cutting machines), as my cuttlebug is still going strong, actually it might out last my hands, HA!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2020, 10:04 AM   #64  
Hardware Hotshot

Hope you are having a good day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2020, 12:13 PM   #65  
Glitter Queen

Default Dies

Quote:

Has anyone tried home made die cut? If, so what type metal did you use? I Thought might be interested to try in a Cuttlebug machine. But, where would you buy the metal also. And you know what I talking about when I say Cuttlebug machine right? thanks Linda

Have not heard of handmade dies; seems like you might need some type of industrial machine????? I have heard of people making handmade stencils from their dies. Need to get blank plastic, have seen it by the stencils in big box stores.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2020, 01:43 PM   #66  
Stazon Splitcoast

A lot people try different things with different  products and material. So it got me to thinking why not metal die cuts? I have seen people take stencils and put the cuttlebug ,And make a background impression or layer. And then ink it or chalk it. So, like I said it make me think why not metal die cuts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperForums at Splitcoaststampers
I have not heard of home made dies either. I would imagine that would require a real piece of equipment for the pressure required. More than our die machines. 

What gave you this idea? Trying to save money?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2020, 01:50 PM   #67  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Quote:

A lot people try different things with different  products and material. So it got me to thinking why not metal die cuts? I have seen people take stencils and put the cuttlebug ,And make a background impression or layer. And then ink it or chalk it. So, like I said it make me think why not metal die cuts?

Nice thought but way to expensive to make dies personally.  Need a machine to cut the metal of the shape of the die cut you want.  

And as far as I know there is no other way to make a die.  Next best thing would be paper punches.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2020, 02:09 PM   #68  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have are electric die cutting machine. My mom bought me for Christmas a few years back. And it never get upset or used. It's still in box. I need help setting it up. Maybe one of these days? It will get setup! She and I were hoping to play with it. But, that never happened.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerForums at Splitcoaststampers
Can't make homemade dies. These dies are manufactured. There are many places online to buy different style dies.

Also some info on cuttlebug and die cutting machines.

First as far as I know the cuttlebug has been discontinued and not produced anymore You would have to find a cuttlebug on the secondary market.

Second, the cuttlebug is manually operated, meaning you would have to turn a handle to work the cuttlebug, and with your hand problems it would be very difficult to operate, you would need someone to operate the cuttlebug. I'm starting to get arthritis in my hands and if I have to make multiple die cuts my hands are starting to hurt using the cuttlebug.

With that said, there are electric die cutting machines on the market. Some are super duper machines that also cut felt, vinyl and chipboard and additional heavy weightitems for crafting.

You would have to do a search on the internet to decide what kind of die cutting machine you would need and the price range affordable.

I haven't searched for an electric machine as of yet(so I can't give you and info regarding electric die cutting machines), as my cuttlebug is still going strong, actually it might out last my hands, HA!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2020, 04:57 PM   #69  
Hardware Hotshot

So sorry Linda! I guess the next best thing is to trace a stencil and cut out the design to get a die cut.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2020, 07:58 PM   #70  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey There,
It not a problem I just wanted to ask for a chat topic. No, need to be sorry!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoptownracer1Forums at Splitcoaststampers
So sorry Linda! I guess the next best thing is to trace a stencil and cut out the design to get a die cut.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2020, 08:18 AM   #71  
Proud Fan Club Member

I agree. The more I think about it the more I think you would need a commercial high pressure machine...like vulcanizers are used to press out red rubber stamps....

You could use a metal die you own to do embossing though like you saw with the stencils if that would interest you. You just change the sandwich. 

Setting up the electric machine may be something your dad would be good at?? Guys like electric things LOL  Which one is it?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2020, 09:46 AM   #72  
Glitter Queen

Default Hand Challenges

Quote:

I have are electric die cutting machine. My mom bought me for Christmas a few years back. And it never get upset or used. It's still in box. I need help setting it up. Maybe one of these days? It will get setup! She and I were hoping to play with it. But, that never happened.

Linda, I have the name and email of my arm challenged friend who makes cards. Pls email me at [email protected] and I can put you in touch with her. She also uses an electronic die machine. She is interested in chatting with you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2020, 05:44 PM   #73  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send you my E-mail address..... What her name or something so I want block her from my email address? Thanks

Quote:

Linda, I have the name and email of my arm challenged friend who makes cards. Pls email me at [email protected] and I can put you in touch with her. She also uses an electronic die machine. She is interested in chatting with you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2020, 06:05 PM   #74  
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda 
sorry but email is blocking your email? I don't why or how to fix it! I will just pm email.Thanks, Linda

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2020, 04:08 PM   #75  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello everyone,  Linda and I have accomplished the first collaboration of our card!! Linda designed the card, with my physical supplies and labor.   Linda picked from choices of paper and embellishments i offered and she chose the Sketch Challenge.   We exchanged emails with photos to get all choices made.   Now the card is done, Linda posted it tonight!  YAY!   I will drop the blank card in the mail to her tomorrow and she will have it to give to a special friend, someday.    
I hope some of you have the time and extra supplies to continue to help Linda be the 'designer' of cards and we do the crafting.   It seems, we all make a great TEAM!

I will continue to collaborate with Linda, when I can, and I hope some others will find this fun to chat and work with Linda and keep her creating.  
here is the link:

take good care, Teresa

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2020, 06:26 PM   #76  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for your help it was fun! And thanks for posted this too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aztkForums at Splitcoaststampers
Hello everyone,  Linda and I have accomplished the first collaboration of our card!! Linda designed the card, with my physical supplies and labor.   Linda picked from choices of paper and embellishments i offered and she chose the Sketch Challenge.   We exchanged emails with photos to get all choices made.   Now the card is done, Linda posted it tonight!  YAY!   I will drop the blank card in the mail to her tomorrow and she will have it to give to a special friend, someday.    
I hope some of you have the time and extra supplies to continue to help Linda be the 'designer' of cards and we do the crafting.   It seems, we all make a great TEAM!

I will continue to collaborate with Linda, when I can, and I hope some others will find this fun to chat and work with Linda and keep her creating.  
here is the link:

take good care, Teresa

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2020, 11:41 PM   #77  
Hardware Hotshot

That is a great card, and you are right!  You made a great team!  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2020, 05:21 PM   #78  
Stazon Splitcoast

Do you wanted to come join in the fun?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoptownracer1Forums at Splitcoaststampers
That is a great card, and you are right!  You made a great team!  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2020, 12:09 AM   #79  
Hardware Hotshot

Smile

I like watching to see what you make.  I might get your input on some Christmas cards I am going to make.  Would that work?  I am going to make some with some Anna Griffin embossing plates I have.  I would love your input.  Maybe tomorrow I can take a pic of them and you can pick out which one I should try.  Everything might depend on how I feel; I have chronic illness, and some days aren't good, but hopefully I can feel well long enough to get one done.
I also have to try to get some housework done and some other things, but we can see how it goes.  Does that sound alright?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2020, 03:19 PM   #80  
Hardware Hotshot

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers
Link to my blog that shows the supplies I have available for a card. You can click on the pics to make them larger.   Let me know what you decide.  

Last edited by hoptownracer1; 09-13-2020 at 03:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes