Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-28-2007, 04:25 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Default I feel cheated, been mistreated....

"when will I find love?" You know that old country song? Well I know it is totally lame but I honestly couldn't think of a way to title this message. I want to be careful here because I do not want to flame anyone but I honestly am begining to wonder if I was a victim of fraud here on the buy/sell/trade portion of scs. I paid for an item and it hasn't been sent to me. There has been more than enough time that has past. I have sent 3 pms to the person and been ignored and she has been here since so I know she has seen them. She is a senior supervisor for SU! so it was easy to find her phone number and I even called and left a message and she hasn't called me back. I paid through paypal. I have copies of all our pm transaction notes and a receipt through paypal. Is there some form of rating system here on scs like ebay so people know if a seller could very possible be a fraud?
What should I do?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-28-2007, 04:34 AM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

i am so sorry this is happening to you!

this is exactly why i am so leary of doing business on the net. especially with an individual. i hope you can get things worked out.

i thought i read a thread somewhere that they don't have a 'rating' system per say. good luck!

i was just in the bella 'shiping' thread and i thought i saw you post there- i just ordered bellas yesterday (first net purchase) then this is the very next thread i read. kinda makes me scared. did you get your bellas?

or maybe i'm just paranoid...
Old 02-28-2007, 04:41 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Oh no, bellas is a from a wonderful company. I actually didn't order any, I was just trying to figure out how to mount some of my unmounted rubber. We are on the finishing end of building a house so money is very tight right now and I can afford any bellas yet. The sad part of the story is that what I bought wasn't even for me. It is for a friend who was looking for a retired item and she too is scared to pay money through a computer. I personally have had many positive experiences here on b/s/t and have successfully purchased several sets. My friend gave me the money and I paid this lady through paypal. Now I may have to go back to my friend and tell her ....... but I am waiting. I want to give this person the benefit of the doubt and I just hope she'll do what is right and call or pm me back. Should I call her again?
Old 02-28-2007, 04:45 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

You can file a claim with Paypal if it's been fewer than 30 days. They'll refund you if she still has money in her account.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:48 AM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm not 100% sure but you may be able to contact paypal and let them know that you have not recieved the goods you paid for. Maybe they can help you get your money back since you didn't get your stuff. I hate that this happened to you!
Old 02-28-2007, 04:48 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Please pm one of the moderators of the BST forum. They are there to help in situations like these.

I was just browsing the BST guidlines and this is the opening paragraph:
>

Pretty serious stuff. I know baronsmom is a moderator. Contact her, please. So many good trades/sales happen on the BST, it's so sad when one doesn't and gives it a bad name.

Kathy
Old 02-28-2007, 04:51 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

It's funny because different people have different ideas of "how long is too long" to wait for something. If she's a Senior Supervisor for SU!, she may be trying to get the item from someone else in her up/downline that she knows has it, and maybe the slowness is on their end, not hers. Though she should be responding to your PMs and phone call. There are those people who just keep thinking to themselves, "I'm taking care of it, why won't they just get off my back?!?!", and so they don't respond to communication. There are people that just don't get that if someone has paid for something, they want their item like........YESTERDAY! And the quickest way to make someone think you're shady is to not answer emails/PMs/phone calls. I know that sometimes a week feels like 3 months!

I had a deal on eBay recently that took forever (and emails on my part) to complete and I get that whole "I was out of town and the person who worked for me dropped it and then I had to order another one and they didn't keep up with email and they didn't do XYZ and so I fired them, blah, blah, blah" I've been on eBay for 10 years, I know a stupid story when I hear it. And funny....that person was sending out everyone else's stuff and leaving feedback for items sent/received and the seller listed 3 of this item as "available" and I was the only one that "bought it now", so there should have been 2 left-over to cover the "breakage", etc. I just get tired of liars, and the internet makes it SOOOOO easy for people to lie because they don't have to do it to your face!

Good Luck Jen!
Old 02-28-2007, 04:53 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks Stampin8mom...I was just thinking that was the case! I do all types of stuff with other SCS'ers and I have NEVER had a problem. Do you think she could possibly be sick or something...thinking on the good side here...I just cant imagine any of the SCS'ers doing that! Good luck to you.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=37017

Stampin' Up Sr.Supervisor
www.sodanajones.blogspot.com
Old 02-28-2007, 05:27 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

I totally hear what you are saying Disney Doll. I actually needed 2 of these items for 2 different friends. One say it and fell in love with it and so the other friend just had to have it too. So I bought both from here. The first one came over a week ago and it wasn't until a week after the first one came that I started asking about the second one. I have purchased something in the past and the girl thought she could get it from her downline and couldn't. She ended up sending my money back and I got my money back 4 months after I had first sent it. She told me what was happening though and said that if she could't get it I would get my money back. I was very patient for 4 months and maybe had a total of 3 pms correspondence with her. I trusted that the money would come eventually and it did. I was prepared to lose the money but thankfully I didn't have to. In this case, I am having to answer to the real person buying since I was just the middle man. I haven't told her this is happening yet. I am going to give it another week with maybe one phone call on Monday if I haven't heard from her before I contact the moderators here. The problem is though is the month with paypal is probably almost up already, I'll have to go check on that. Thanks!
Old 02-28-2007, 05:33 AM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

I would contact a moderator - I know I was victim to a bad swap (never got the swap nor did any of the participants...) and the hostess was banned from SCS
Old 02-28-2007, 05:45 AM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamp Maniac II
Do you think she could possibly be sick or something...thinking on the good side here...I just cant imagine any of the SCS'ers doing that! Good luck to you.
I agree, that is why I haven't contacted paypal, the moderators, or SU!
I honestly want to give her the benefit of the doubt. She knows this was for someone else. You can see when people have been online here and she has been online several times so what is so hard about sending me a quick pm and letting me know she is working on it?

Anyway, this has never happened to me before and if it was me, I would just let it go but is for a friend so that is the reason I needed your advice. Everything you have said has been very helpful and I thank you for that.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:59 AM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamping_jen
I agree, that is why I haven't contacted paypal, the moderators, or SU!
I honestly want to give her the benefit of the doubt.
You can give her the benefit of the doubt and *still* contact a mod in the BST forum! Initiating processes to protect your best interests is doing just that and not also signaling some sort of cosmic distrust of the person you entered into this transaction with.

Contacting a moderator and Paypal at this point in time would be like wearing a seatbelt in your car I think. Wearing a seatbelt doesn't mean you aren't giving the other drivers the benefit of the doubt, or that you think they are dumb### drivers, it is just you protecting yourself on the off-chance something goes wrong.

The fact that this other person isn't responding to your PMs or phone call is an indication that something could go wrong with this transaction, so contact a mod and Paypal about it before it is too late to do any good. If she comes through for you, all is well and everyone's happy. If she doesn't, you will find out sooner rather than later -- wouldn't you rather find out this week rather than two weeks from now whether this is a bum sale?
Old 02-28-2007, 06:16 AM   #13  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

... and if it was me, I would just let it go ...
I really don't mean to be pushy or a PITA, but there are so many good sellers and traders on the BST forum here at SCS, it does not seem fair to me to let someone get away with behaving in the same way a person who is going to rip you off would. Plus it is generally kinda rude for a person to act in the way this seller is; you deserve more love and respect than that. If I behaved in the way this seller is, I would fully expect to have to face the consequences, even if I had a valid excuse of some sort. I mean, she had more than enough time and effort to take your paypal money, right?

I'm not riled up at you, just for you.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:18 AM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Ok, why ask advise from you and not take it right? I was wanting to wait but I read what you all said and you are right. So I did send pay pal the information. I told them that I really want to work this out with the seller if she'll just call me back. They are going to send her a copy of what I sent them so I am hoping she will get back with me and we can settle this on our own. One of the moderators on b/s/t is actually a friend of mine so I went ahead and let her know what is going on since you guys advised I do that. Thanks. I wish I felt good about it though, I feel sick to my stomach. I don't like controversy and I don't want to get her banned. In a way, I wish I could just give my friend back her $20.00 and let the whole thing go. Money is tight right now though and if I can just get this other lady to take care of it that would be great. Thanks for being so nice and helping me with your great advice.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:23 AM   #15  
Crimping Master

You are always so sweet & helpful to everyoneelse -- I so hope this gets resolved quickly for you. I believe you have been given good, sound advice here -- contact a moderator. Let us know how things go for you.

HANG IN THERE!!!!! HUGS, Janice
Old 02-28-2007, 06:35 AM   #16  
PAPER SCAPER

Jen, if it's coming from Canada it could take a while and at no fault of the sender.

And make sure those addresses are double checked. I did a sell, she PM'd me with a change of address from the first one she sent. I mailed the package and it came back to me. She got her address mixed up.

I'm still waiting to hear from her as she said she still wants the goods and they are waiting here for her.

So good advice is to PM the address back to the recipient for a double check.

Sure hope you get your goods soon Jen!
Old 02-28-2007, 06:35 AM   #17  
Mad Swapper

I had the same thing happen to me a few months ago and the only thing that got the pseudo trader's attention was threatening her with filing a claim with Paypal. She told me several different times that she had/would be mailing the set. Really annoying to deal with someone who does not tell the truth. I never reported her to the mods because I know they do not have to power to do anything however Paypal does.

Glenda
Old 02-28-2007, 06:41 AM   #18  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Can you check on her other posts and see if she is around? Just click on her user name and it is an option. I was getting worried about a purchase here, like you I bought them for friends. The woman seemed to disappear from here. It turns out she had strep throat and only had internet access at work.
Good luck. Paypal and your cc company can deal with it to. My friend spent $400 on a nintendo wii that never showed, her cc company reversed the charges quickly.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:46 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenda s
I had the same thing happen to me a few months ago and the only thing that got the pseudo trader's attention was threatening her with filing a claim with Paypal. She told me several different times that she had/would be mailing the set. Really annoying to deal with someone who does not tell the truth. I never reported her to the mods because I know they do not have to power to do anything however Paypal does.

Glenda
Well, they do have the ability to have your IP address banned from SCS for not following through on your end of the deal. I guess that may not mean much to someone who doesn't love this website like we do, but it is the most serious action the administrators of this site can take. I'm glad you were able to get the situation resolved!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Old 02-28-2007, 06:48 AM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

Well I know where you are coming from I sent a lady dollars in the post signed for international which apparently she has received as I did get a response on that but this was after having to pm her a lot, it has now been 11 days since the last pm from her about it and I have still not heard anything back, but because we didn't do it through the BST I don't have a leg to stand on which is pain, but like you said I would have thought that this person would have at least let me know what was going on, even if there was illness etc, she has had my money which cost me a bit to get hold off and then sent international signed for, so I have at the moment lost quite a bit of money!!! (i am beginning to think I am a bit too trusting and it is all my fault now), I would like to think that something has happened ie illness but after reading this thread, the least she could do was find a way to let me know what was going on at least especially as I have sent lots of pm's and emails to make sure that I have covered all bases!!! i don't know what to do now though

My blog - http://sillybirds.blogspot.com/
Old 02-28-2007, 06:50 AM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

you can file a dispute through paypal. If no response is heard from that person you should be able to get a refund through paypal. I believe.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:56 AM   #22  
Gallery Gazer

If you have issues with a BST initiated here on SCS, please contact a BST mod.

If you don't know who the mods are for a particular forum, go to that forum and scroll down to the bottom...in the right corner is a list of the moderators for that forum. In this case, the moderators are: Sereikastamper, Brownee, baronsmom, camsmom, TexasGrammy, Jovi, Kim Wilson, avonlea

The moderators will doing what they can to resolve any issues.

Thanks.
and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin~
Old 02-28-2007, 07:40 AM   #23  
Mad Swapper

I have to agree with one of the posts above. There are SO many incredible traders on this forum. Of course there are always going to be some bad apples in the bunch though. Brownee has worked out two situations for me. I don't think I would have gotten any kind of resolution without her help either. I really think they reserve the right to ban them from SCS as a VERY last resort.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:12 AM   #24  
Insane Embellisher

I do want to repeat that I LOVE splitcoaststampers and I have bought several things here. I have only had 100% positive experience even the time that it took 4 months to get my money back. The seller let me know the situation and couldn't be nicer. PLEASE do not feel worried about buying/selling things from here. I feel that this is something that will get worked out. B/S/T as a whole rocks!
Old 02-28-2007, 09:33 AM   #25  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

"when will I find love?" You know that old country song? Well I know it is totally lame but I honestly couldn't think of a way to title this message. I want to be careful here because I do not want to flame anyone but I honestly am begining to wonder if I was a victim of fraud here on the buy/sell/trade portion of scs. I paid for an item and it hasn't been sent to me. There has been more than enough time that has past. I have sent 3 pms to the person and been ignored and she has been here since so I know she has seen them. She is a senior supervisor for SU! so it was easy to find her phone number and I even called and left a message and she hasn't called me back. I paid through paypal. I have copies of all our pm transaction notes and a receipt through paypal. Is there some form of rating system here on scs like ebay so people know if a seller could very possible be a fraud?
What should I do?
I'm having an issue with someone on eBay right now for a similar issue...ugh. I feel your pain chick....
Faerey Blog
Old 02-28-2007, 09:41 AM   #26  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

One of the moderators on b/s/t is actually a friend of mine so I went ahead and let her know what is going on since you guys advised I do that.
And who would that be? LOL

We shouldn't have expectations of others that we, ourselves, could not fulfill.

my blog: hownowbrownkow
Old 02-28-2007, 10:16 AM   #27  
Crimping Master

Even if it is a problem with coming from Canada, or a problem with an address, I see no excuse as to why the other party involved couldn't take 2 seconds to email you back and resolve this issue. Good luck, I hope you get it straightened out!!
Old 02-28-2007, 10:58 AM   #28  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
I really don't mean to be pushy or a PITA, but there are so many good sellers and traders on the BST forum here at SCS, it does not seem fair to me to let someone get away with behaving in the same way a person who is going to rip you off would. Plus it is generally kinda rude for a person to act in the way this seller is; you deserve more love and respect than that. If I behaved in the way this seller is, I would fully expect to have to face the consequences, even if I had a valid excuse of some sort. I mean, she had more than enough time and effort to take your paypal money, right?

I'm not riled up at you, just for you.
I agree dont let her get away with it...Plus its not fair to the rest of us if you do...we all have a "SECRET" (for lack of a better word) trust here and she if she has broken it then she doesnt belong among us! Please think of the rest of us if she has actually done you wrong then she will do it again!

Plus if she has been on line then she knows what she has done. Contact the MODS!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=37017

Stampin' Up Sr.Supervisor
www.sodanajones.blogspot.com
Old 02-28-2007, 11:12 AM   #29  
Polyshrink Goddess

Jen I had a problem on ebay like that. I contacted paypal and I did get my money back and I guess after all the nagging that I did to the seller she actually did put the stamp set in the mail after the fact so not only did I get my money back but I also got the stamps for free. When I contacted paypal after I rec'd the stamps they told me that the seller had adequate time to send the stamps and never so the stamps and money were mine. I felt good after that one let me tell you. You will have no problem getting your money from paypal as they give you the money and then go after the seller... This particular seller doesn't sell on ebay anymore either. Hmmm I wonder why.
Sneek A Peak at my blog ===> Karen's Kreations
Old 02-28-2007, 11:13 AM   #30  
Polyshrink Goddess

Just to add that I have bought a number of things off the b/s/t forum here and used my paypal as well and have never had a problem. Always one bad apple spoils the bunch.
Sneek A Peak at my blog ===> Karen's Kreations
Old 02-28-2007, 12:47 PM   #31  
Insane Embellisher

You can contact SU! too and just report it. I know you are trading a retired set, but she is a demonstrator and should be setting a good example. Not sure what they would do, but perhaps they can help in some way even if it means sending an e-mail to her. I think others have done this in the past.

If I don't receive something in 15 days, I start a paypal dispute even for the benefit of the doubt. If you wait more than 30 days, you are SOL. It may be 45, but I think it's 30.

I hope you get your goods. If you paid via paypal and your CC was charged, you can also call your CC company and get your money charged back.

If I have a big purchase and use my paypal account. I take all my money out by putting it in my bank account and make it charge my CC. Paypal doesn't always get your money back, so using your CC is an extra step of protection. I did call my CC company to make sure they would help me if I did have a paypal dispute and they said yes. I read on the Clark Howard site (he's a radio talk show host on how to be cheap - that paypal is a 3rd party site, so your CC company many not reimburse you since it was a 3rd party payment. I would call your CC company to make sure. Since he had that on there, I am sure there are some CC companys that won't reimburse you.

Good luck!

Vicki

Remember no time is ever wasted that makes people better friends...so we aren't all wasting our time here on SCS.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:21 PM   #32  
Pearl-ExPert

I would be tempted to call her once again and request that she call you back to let you know the status of the shipment.

If she doesn't respond send a certified letter with copies of all the receipts. Let her know that if she doesn't send the product you paid for that you will take her to small claims court.

Hopefully that will get her to come around
Old 02-28-2007, 01:47 PM   #33  
Embossing Fanatic

I'm having the exact same problem with someone on the BST forum right now, and I'm wondering if it is the same person. I paid for an item through Paypal exactly 3 weeks ago and haven't heard a word from her since the payment was sent. She is also a SU "senior supervisor". I think I'll follow the wise advise of everyone here and let the mods know. It's so disappointing.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:47 PM   #34  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brownee
And who would that be? LOL

Ummmm
Old 02-28-2007, 03:59 PM   #35  
Rubber Obsessor

I am sorry that happened to you! I have had only good experiences on the b/s/t forum, but I always worry that I will be ripped off. Good luck and please keep us posted!
Old 02-28-2007, 04:26 PM   #36  
Rubber Obsessor

"If she's a Senior Supervisor for SU!, she may be trying to get the item from someone else in her up/downline that she knows has it, and maybe the slowness is on their end, not hers. "

In my humble opinion, if she didn't have the merchandise in her hot little fist, she shouldn't have been offering it for sale! This isn't the stock market where they buy and sell on "puts and calls" (I think that's what they call it).
Nancy
Old 02-28-2007, 04:43 PM   #37  
Matboard Maniac

I'm sorry you're in this situation. I hope you have better luck than I did. My advice: take action NOW, don't wait. I'm in the hole almost $400 from a b/s/t deal I made almost a year ago. At first she said she had sent it and then she said there was a problem with my payment -- even though the full amount had been taken from my bank account and transferred to Paypal and the transaction to her says it was completed. Been going back and forth with Paypal trying to get either a refund or the item but no dice (because it was past the 30-day time period). Even e-mailed this person several times and then put in a request for the funds (again, via Paypal) -- she refused it. I've given up now. Hard (and expensive) lesson learned. Just saying, don't let too much time slip away before doing anything about this. Go ahead and give her the benefit of the doubt, but be sure to protect yourself as well.

[email protected]
Old 02-28-2007, 09:07 PM   #38  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

What should I do?

***HUGS************************** what did you trade or buy? maybe someone has an extra hanging around.

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If youíve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Old 02-28-2007, 09:18 PM   #39  
Pearl-ExPert

Jen, I feel really bad for you, you seem like such a nice person! I hope this gets resolved soon!

I have to admit that the only time this has happened to me here was when a member sold me something that she had to order (it wasn't SU stamps, but accessories) and then before she received them, her military husband was moved with very little notice and she had a horrible car accident on the way to the new house and was hospitalized for a long time! Meanwhile, several of us on here were upset and angry that she didn't answer our emails, pm's etc. because she absolutely couldn't! I ended up feeling really bad about her accident and my own negative feelings and did get what I ordered from her after about 2 months. I don't think I knew how to tell if she was on SCS or not back then, but that info might have helped me with my feelings!

Hope you get your money or stamps soon!
Old 03-01-2007, 04:10 AM   #40  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurie FW
and then before she received them, her military husband was moved with very little notice and she had a horrible car accident on the way to the new house and was hospitalized for a long time! Meanwhile, several of us on here were upset and angry that she didn't answer our emails, pm's etc. because she absolutely couldn't! I ended up feeling really bad about her accident and my own negative feelings and did get what I ordered from her after about 2 months.
Exactly the reason I am trying to be very careful about what I say. There could be a very logical reason. I did however find out that from someone else here is having the exact same issue with the same person. I appreciate this site so much and I know that Daven and the moderators put in so much time to keep it running. I just wonder if there is a way to do something like add a $1.00 to each set you sell here at SCS that gets donated to this sites upkeep. I can't expect them to keep adding safety things all the time for nothing but I would love to see a rating system added to the everyone who sells (or maybe even organizes swaps since someone mentioned there was a problem with that once). If I knew that a person offering to sell me something had successfully sold to even 4 other members here on SCS, I would feel 100% fine to send off my money. Maybe I should try and figure out how to do a poll and see if those that use b/s/t would be willing to pay a small fee to get some kind of rating system established.