Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   I don't see what the big craze is over the bellas. (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/i-dont-see-what-big-craze-over-bellas-230358/)

lbirus 03-06-2007 02:10 PM

I'm kinda glad she posted this thread just so I know I'm not the only one who was thinking the same thing. I just don't care for them, but that's ok. They actually creep me out a bit (sorry). They kinda remind me of Carly Simon.
I hope no one would take offense, we are all loving our craft and being creative and that's what it's all about!

I hope those who do like them just keep on enjoyin' them till the rubbah's worn off! After all, I have my little obsessions too!

jpmayo 03-06-2007 02:14 PM

Lisa62-
It was the golfer that drew me in, too:)
I have 3 but I definitely think that is where I will stop.

Shanon 03-06-2007 02:18 PM

BREATHE. In and out!!!!! NO-ONE said anything rude. Someone simply started a thread saying the Bella's were not for them. There was no negativity until your post. I will repeat what I said earlier....to each their own. :rolleyes:
Quote:

Originally Posted by inego
I'm sure she didn't mean to squish anyone at all...but Em does come here all the time for ideas as she is a stamper, and imagine how you would feel if you were here and saw a thread titled, WTH is with this thing...

I'm just saying, if you can't say something nice, maybe you should refrain.

C:-D

toodme 03-06-2007 02:33 PM

I can get there appeal for right now- as they are different for other stamps on the market-right now.
I own a few and am not really taken with them. I think they are overpriced for unmounteds that do not come with any mounting foam or ez mount.

toodme 03-06-2007 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toodme
I can get there appeal for right now- as they are different for other stamps on the market-right now.
I own a few and am not really taken with them. I think they are overpriced for unmounteds that do not come with any mounting foam or ez mount.

and I meant to conclude:
so I am over them for that reason.

Pam Schwartz 03-06-2007 02:53 PM

I like them, think they're really cute but don't think they suit the people I have to make cards for. I might use one once and can't justify buying them for a once or twice use but I do enjoy looking at the cards others have made from them. They are cute!

KayInFL 03-06-2007 02:56 PM

I love 'em..... haven't bought any yet, but it's really only a matter of time (and money!) I've resisted and resisted because they were unmounted and I didn't want to open that door, but Grumpabella is knocking very loudly...
I even bought blocks to mount them on at the Joanns sale which means I have blocks for stamps I don't even own yet. Can anyone say "denial" ?

inego 03-06-2007 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanon
BREATHE. In and out!!!!! NO-ONE said anything rude. Someone simply started a thread saying the Bella's were not for them. There was no negativity until your post. I will repeat what I said earlier....to each their own. :rolleyes:

Gotcha, and trust me I breathe quite fine. The title of this thread...I don't see what the big craze is over the bellas. is kind of offensive to the woman who makes these babies..

If Lisa had said "someone help me understand?" or something along those lines maybe I wouldn't have felt that I needed to come and defend. I fully understand "different strokes..." and am a huge advocate of that. BTW, I don't see how I was being negative at all. All I said is what if you were Em and came on here and saw what's the deal with your product? Wouldn't you be hurt and upset? Wouldn't you as a friend want to help defend? Do I come on here and bash dollar store product? NO. Do I come on here and say that what you make with your stamps is garbage and I don't understand why other people like it? No.

If you're offended by my post, I suggest you figure out why you were so. I was and am not trying to be in any way rude or mean. Why do you feel the need to come on and call me out?

Again, if you can't say something nice...

C :rolleyes:

housefan 03-06-2007 03:00 PM

They don't appeal to me either. I thought the teacher one might be cute to make for all my teacher friends, but there are other things that I could use that I like better. They may grow on me but so far not.

love scrappin 03-06-2007 03:07 PM

they are growing on me however I am a scrapper and dont really make cards anymore. These dont really suit my family scrapbooks. I would love to see kidbellas!! I think I might get the birthday one, and the jammies one as my daughter can use it for sleepover invites!

willosmama 03-06-2007 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmayk
What are the "Inky Girls"? Do you have a link?

*thud*
(me falling over) You aren't familiar with the fab Inky girls????:shock::shock: I was just thinking how neglected they had been on my shelf.....
Aooarently I haven't uploaded a IA girl card yet either, so check out Teresa's Fab girl w/ umbrella, and my bday card she sent me.

imataloss 03-06-2007 03:11 PM

I think this might be the first SCS rage I haven't bought into. I love what I have seen created with them, but don't see myself owning any, at least YET!! LOL. I do think they are a cute line, just don't see myself getting all that much use out of them. JMHO.. I'm sure there are SU sets I own that others don't love. If we all liked the same thing all the time life sure would be BORING!!

Kiko 03-06-2007 03:14 PM

I'm usually a flowery card type, but I also have some young teen and 20-something girls in my family for who Bella's are the perfect style. I think they're kinda retro and go with a lot of the great papers that are out now.

So, I moved all my flower stamps over to make room for a few of the Bella girls when they arrived yesterday. Also, I wanted to ease into trying the unmounted stamps, so this is the perfect opportunity to do that at the same time.

lynnewithane 03-06-2007 03:21 PM

I went to the site because of everything I read here. I think the titles are really cute, but I didn't really need any. Then I discovered some of the great words on the site. I got Merry Christmukah, since we celebrate both, and my son came home from school one day with this phrase. Then I explored and bought several other Chanukah themed stamps. To round out my order, I got bellarina because my DD is a dancer. I am sure I will use that one. I will have to see about any others.

Shanon 03-06-2007 03:27 PM

Bwahahhahahah! Some peoples children. :rolleyes:
Have a super duper bella luvin or bella not luvin day peeps. :mrgreen:

babitoons 03-06-2007 03:34 PM

I was unsure about the Bellas until I started looking at them. I normally do not like the style they are in but they have quickly grown on me :) I got the Groovybrideabella, the Flowahbella, and soon to be the Daintybella and Fellabella(sick one). They have a different stlye and they make some pretty neat cards. I am mainly a card girl, in her early 20's, my friends will love them! I also have a few older friends who will get a good laugh if I send them a card with a thin gal on it ;)

I agree to each their own, SCS is not solely a SU! site, just a prodominant SU! site. Before the Bellas, I have never bought any other stamps. I also think that after six solid years of pure SU! stamps I can spend a little of my money on another company who is just starting out.

housefan 03-06-2007 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inego
Gotcha, and trust me I breathe quite fine. The title of this thread...I don't see what the big craze is over the bellas. is kind of offensive to the woman who makes these babies..

If Lisa had said "someone help me understand?" or something along those lines maybe I wouldn't have felt that I needed to come and defend. I fully understand "different strokes..." and am a huge advocate of that. BTW, I don't see how I was being negative at all. All I said is what if you were Em and came on here and saw what's the deal with your product? Wouldn't you be hurt and upset? Wouldn't you as a friend want to help defend? Do I come on here and bash dollar store product? NO. Do I come on here and say that what you make with your stamps is garbage and I don't understand why other people like it? No.

If you're offended by my post, I suggest you figure out why you were so. I was and am not trying to be in any way rude or mean. Why do you feel the need to come on and call me out?

Again, if you can't say something nice...

C :rolleyes:

Ah, come on. She did not say they were "garbage" she said she did not understand the craze. Neither do I. I am kind of tired of people having to walk on egg shells so to speak if they don't just ADORE everything or at least weigh every word if they don't adore the same things as others. Maybe it is just PMS but this criticism of anyone who dares to not go with the popular flow here is just getting on my nerves. Now if you will excuse me I will go take a Midol.

jbalcer 03-06-2007 03:55 PM

c'mon ladies. . .

The original poster was expressing an OPINION. She's certainly entitled to it!

Let's play nice!

TJStamper 03-06-2007 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdbathlady
Bellas are not my thing, but.........have you seen the Emerson Quillin girls over at American Art Stamps? Now those are a kick!!!!:p

Margaret - you are officially an enabler. I Googled American Art Stamps and found the Emerson Quillin girls ... what a RIOT! I love them!

For the records ... not a Bella fan. Supercute stuff in the gallery but (for once) I didn't have to have 'em! Of course, I DO have to have the Emerson Quillin girls!!! ha ha....

Carol Lee 03-06-2007 04:34 PM

I think they are cute but I haven't bought any yet. I'm not sure they are my style and I have limited funds so I have to be really picky about what I buy. If money was no obstacle, I'm sure I would have some. I mean, I love Fluffles, but finally just bought one a couple of months ago..so maybe soon, I'll jump on the Bella bandwagon...but right now I'm on the hunt for flowers. When I shopped on Sat. I only bought 2, a small outline rose, and a water lily...so maybe I'm too choosy..is anybody else like this or am I just weird?

parrothead 03-06-2007 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
Ah, come on. She did not say they were "garbage" she said she did not understand the craze. Neither do I. I am kind of tired of people having to walk on egg shells so to speak if they don't just ADORE everything or at least weigh every word if they don't adore the same things as others. Maybe it is just PMS but this criticism of anyone who dares to not go with the popular flow here is just getting on my nerves. Now if you will excuse me I will go take a Midol.

Thanks for saying that!! I haven't bought a stamp from SU in over a year....there are so many other companies with great stamps...but I feel like if you say something against SU on this site you are basically blackballed. However...with that being said...just bought my first 2 Bellas....I think they are adorable...I'm not addicted nor do I feel the need to join a Bella club... I will probably order a couple more. If ya wanna see some PMS ing just go over to the Current Events site!!!LOL!!!

lil*miss*canadian 03-06-2007 05:22 PM

SCS is about fellow-stampers that have just that in common - not necessarily the stamps they use, right? We look to each other for inspiration, creativity and ideas. What might not be one's style, could be great for someone else.

But just a personal thought...if I were the creator/owner of the Bellas, my feelings would be a little hurt by this post. Yes, to each their own, but to me, that is just like walking up to a kid at the playground and saying "I don't like your shirt!" or "I don't like your picture..." whatever.

Back to the first paragraph...

catt871 03-06-2007 05:30 PM

Ohhh dear, I just checked out the website...I can't believe I've never seen these before!! They are adorable!!! I just might have to buy one or ten!!! LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereikastamper
I don't own any but my friend sent me some images and they are so basic in their drawn lines that coloring and creating was EASY PEASY...so perhaps that is the draw? I too like the Girly Girl line from www.inkyantics.com But hey what can I say, I am an INKY ADDICT!!! LOL

Kittypaws 03-06-2007 05:40 PM

Not my style, but I'm sure my style isn't for everyone else, either. There are plenty of different types of stamps for different styles, and I say enjoy what you like and like what you enjoy, if that makes any sense.

CardFanatic 03-06-2007 05:56 PM

Wow... When I clicked on this thread, I had NO idea it would be controversial. :eek:

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who doesn't care for them. I thought I was alone.

Gina K. Designs 03-06-2007 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN
What's scary is that I really do kind of look like my avatar. LOL

http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...ffeescreen.gif
Too funny!

Janette R 03-06-2007 06:05 PM

I enjoy the bellas - I feel like they express our "inner beauty", and I think they're fun (love, love, love the jammybella!). I'm also a SU rep, and buy stamps from other companies that I like. I am so glad for SCS - it's been really inspirational to me! and I echo other posters that say that it's nice that we all have our differences. It's how we all learn from each other!

catt871 03-06-2007 06:07 PM

Can someone send me to a link to a Bella website or somewhere I can look at them? I'm not overly familiar with them besides what I've seen in the SCS gallery. I googled BELLA and got oodles of stuff but not rubber stamps!! Go figure!!! Thanks!!!
:)

babitoons 03-06-2007 06:17 PM

Sure! The site is www.stampingbella.com

Rubber Stamp Nut 03-06-2007 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catt871
Can someone send me to a link to a Bella website or somewhere I can look at them? I'm not overly familiar with them besides what I've seen in the SCS gallery. I googled BELLA and got oodles of stuff but not rubber stamps!! Go figure!!! Thanks!!!
:)

The website is www.stampingbella.com. Have fun looking! :)

Leticia 03-06-2007 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereikastamper
I don't own any but my friend sent me some images and they are so basic in their drawn lines that coloring and creating was EASY PEASY...so perhaps that is the draw? I too like the Girly Girl line from www.inkyantics.com But hey what can I say, I am an INKY ADDICT!!! LOL

Curses to you for providing this link!!:twisted:
They have the cutest stamps! (sorry to hijack the Bella thread for a moment)

Risa 03-06-2007 06:32 PM

I love the cards that I see in the gallery...not ready to buy yet though. Trying to decide if they are for me or not...That being said, I can really see how they have such a mass appeal. They are adorable. To bella or not to bella...that is the question.
;)

Gina K. Designs 03-06-2007 06:33 PM

That is they beauty of enjoying a creative hobby. There are so many different styles! And so many different tastes! And that's great thing. Now, I like rubber stamps in general. I love the everything from Stampin' Up (of course) to the dollar stamps. And, I am partial to a certain stamp company myself, (just begin silly here) but what I love is not for everyone.

The good news is that we have Splitcoaststampers and we can express our opinions freely. The OP certainly did not say anything wrong, in fact, she complimented many of the samples that people posted using the Bella stamps. She was just stating her opinion that they are not for her. I have heard stampers who are partial to other direct sales companies state that CTMH is not for them. (just an example and not my opinion at all.) That doesn't mean that CTMH products are no good. They are fabulous high quality prodcuts, just not for everyone.

I don't care for asparagus. I don't get it? Why do people like that taste? Well they do! In fact, it's pretty expensive and always served at the best restaurants. But I don't care for it just the same. My opinion. And know you all know. LOL!

It just makes me sad to see anyone's feelings get hurt or anyone's comments get distorted.

Have a great night.
Gina K.

jailbirdstamper 03-06-2007 06:38 PM

I'm going to go *******HUG******** my Bella's right now and cover their pretty little ears!:)

scrappykat 03-06-2007 06:41 PM

I LOVE the names of the stamps, just not the images...just different strokes for different folks :rolleyes:

StampGroover 03-06-2007 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmayk
What are the "Inky Girls"? Do you have a link?

I have several Inky Girls in my gallery here is one of them....
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=68848

Hey here is a link to the Inky Girls!
http://www.inkyantics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi

StampGroover 03-06-2007 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampGroover
I have several Inky Girls in my gallery here is one of them....
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=68848

Hey here is a link to the Inky Girls!
http://www.inkyantics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi

Oops try this link instead it should take you to the girls...
http://www.inkyantics.com/cgi-bin/artist.cgi

jessiepepper 03-06-2007 06:49 PM

I think the bella's are cute, but I don't think I could make a card with them. Not my style or anyone that I would give a card to. Plus-size bella's sound very interesting??!! If I was to buy a Bella it would be the grumpy one, SHe's pretty cute.

jailbirdstamper 03-06-2007 06:49 PM

one reason I like them is they just seem to fit my teenage daughter and her friends so well *AND** in my dreams I ***AM** a BELLA - I am really exactly that perfect size!!!

SkyesMom 03-06-2007 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makin'itw/michelle
when i put bellas in the search in the gallery it only came up with 5 pages of bella designs.

there are SU! sets that have like 132 pages for one set of stamps (not even a whole line of stamps)

i really doubt that the bellas are gonna 'take over this site'

i also see threads about people gong gaga over the michael's $1 stamps whick is not really my taste but...

i understand that this site originated from SU! people but there are many SU! people who buy outside of SU!

just my 2 cents!

When I type in Bella in the gallery I get like 30 or 40 pages of bellas.