Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-08-2007, 08:32 PM   #41  
Polyshrink Goddess

ears pealeddddd, mouth shut......
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-08-2007, 08:35 PM   #42  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmem
ears pealeddddd, mouth shut......
hehe
Old 04-08-2007, 08:39 PM   #43  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am a listenin'
I HEAR YA LOUD AND CLEAR
Emabella
Old 04-08-2007, 08:47 PM   #44  
Rubber Obsessor

I gotta say, I love the bella's.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:58 PM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne S
I was the model for the Bellas

...............................NOT!!!

I could be the model for SaggyBaggyBella

Right there with ya, girlfriend!
My A Muse Studio
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2007, 09:13 PM   #46  
Stampin' Fool

Default you can say you don't like a stamp

Gosh. What is wrong with saying you don't care for a stamp line? There is plenty of stamps (e.g. paisley set) that I don't really care for. I'm probably the only one out there for not liking paisley. And if you liked every stamp put out, God help you and your pocketbook!!

Sometimes the SCS site may make you think you like certain stamps. You see a great card and love it. But the stamp set is just not for you. I have ordered sets based on cards I liked. Wish I had not done that. Cause I really didn't like the sets! I've learned my lesson....I look at the catty/website and see if the set is something I think I can work with, without checking out the cards.

MY GALLERY

"Do Not Take Yourself too Seriously.... No One Else Does"
Old 04-08-2007, 10:46 PM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynn
Let me offer a suggestion... IF you wanted to try an unmounted stamp, a Bella would be the perfect start. They are RUBBER (which I prefer over clear even though I DO own clear stamps as well). All you have to do is stick a piece of double sided tape (like scotch) on the sticker side of a SU block and stick the Bella on and stamp. You wouldn't even need to invest in an acrylic block if you didn't want to. The double sided tape peels easily off your SU wood block and no harm, no foul.

I must admit I do NOT like to color, but I LOVE Bellas. The stamps are not super fine detailed or ornate so even I can color them. heehee The images are adorable. There is one for almost every hobby (EXCEPT ribbonloverbella which I am waiting for Emily ). I don't resemble a Bella at all, and would LOVE a "fluffy" Bella line (or one wrapped in ribbon *cough cough Emily*), but they are cute and you should really give them a try.

enabling speel over.
Fluffy Bellas......... I could relate to those!
Old 04-09-2007, 03:09 AM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

I found some in my LSS this weekend. They told me that they are flying off the shelves. I resisted because they weren't the exact ones that I want. I wish they were clear, but hey, they are soo cute that they are worth trying unmounted rubber at least once!!
Old 04-09-2007, 03:28 AM   #49  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B
I found some in my LSS this weekend. They told me that they are flying off the shelves. I resisted because they weren't the exact ones that I want. I wish they were clear, but hey, they are soo cute that they are worth trying unmounted rubber at least once!!

not really a fan of clear or unmounted...
so i have been wood mounting them as they come in... 2 orders so far!
don't take this wrong but... where the hella is the fella! ha ha ha!
these bella names are just to hilarious to not try to come up with your own lingo.
oh, that will be next! like pig latin! i try to at least be original when naming my cards.
any who! stamp on girls and guys!
Old 04-09-2007, 03:38 AM   #50  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJStamper
I think the "Bellas" are very cute but I'm not compelled (thank God!) to buy them ... mostly because I don't have any un-mounted stamps and I'm a little bit afraid of them! It's a good thing for me though 'cause I don't think my wallet could take much more of my addiction spending ... ha ha!
You TOTALLY took the words right outta my head!!! I *LOVE* the Bellas, wanna be a bella but UNMOUNTED stuff scares me!!! Broke would not even begin to describe my wallet!!!

Old 04-09-2007, 03:42 AM   #51  
Kookie Creator

I recently sent out an SOS to my blog readers for some Bella images, because I also did not understand the Bella Craze. Well, someone did send me some images and I debuted my first Bella card on Saturday! In my post that day, I told my readers that I still wasn't sure I'd be jumping on the Bella Bandwagon after having the opportunity to color one of them (I colored Cosmo Bella), but I'd be open to buying some if one of them really "spoke to me"! I'm sure you understand what I'm saying here...I just couldn't relate to many of them at this stage in my life. But guess what. On Saturday afternoon, I was catching up on my blog reading, and read on Emily's site that she had a new Bella, PMSBella! I went to the on-line store and checked her out, and guess what? I'm now the proud owner of my first Bella! I bought her AND the sentiment "You stuffeth, you fluffeth"!!!! I can't stand it!! I love that saying! Way to go Em. So, those of you who don't get Bella. Don't feel bad. We live in a free country and are given multitudes of choices each and every day. But all I can say is, keep yourself open. One of the Bellas just might speak to you one of these days like she did me!
Old 04-09-2007, 03:43 AM   #52  
Stampin' Fool

i dont have un mounted either but..I mounted mine on wood blocks i have 3 of the ladies and i think thats enough for me i have only used 1 of them so far...
Old 04-09-2007, 03:52 AM   #53  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Let me offer a suggestion... IF you wanted to try an unmounted stamp, a Bella would be the perfect start. They are RUBBER (which I prefer over clear even though I DO own clear stamps as well). All you have to do is stick a piece of double sided tape (like scotch) on the sticker side of a SU block and stick the Bella on and stamp. You wouldn't even need to invest in an acrylic block if you didn't want to. The double sided tape peels easily off your SU wood block and no harm, no foul.

I must admit I do NOT like to color, but I LOVE Bellas. The stamps are not super fine detailed or ornate so even I can color them. heehee The images are adorable. There is one for almost every hobby (EXCEPT ribbonloverbella which I am waiting for Emily ). I don't resemble a Bella at all, and would LOVE a "fluffy" Bella line (or one wrapped in ribbon *cough cough Emily*), but they are cute and you should really give them a try.

enabling speel over.
But, you are just as beautiful as a bella! No doubt! You need a Share-a-bella, you know, ribbon and flowers everywhere and boxes piled up to the ceiling. LOL!
Gina K.

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:01 AM   #54  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Hi there,
just having innocent fun and tried to develop a line that "MOST" can identify with in terms of look, profession, the ability to have fun. The best part is when I hear people say "OMG that is so my mother, my friend, my sister".. makes me warm and tingly.. OH and did I mention all the people I have met on this journey? I wouldn't know what to do without them.. we are now officially almost related! Hence, the term "sistahs".
The main problem here is that I am the type that loves BOTH chocolate and vanilla.. oh what to do...

Em
Emily,
I know what you mean. I like chocolate, vanilla and peanut butter cup! LOL! Your bellas are so adorable and they are a great idea! (Wish I had thought of it. LOL!)

The beauty of stamping is that there are stamps that everyone can relate to. For Ms. Stampingbella Emily, it's the gorgeous, thin, sexy bella sistah! For me,...it's that round fat little piggy. LOL!

Love all stamps.
Hugs,
Gina K.
EOS- Equal Opportunity Stamper. (Now that's a problem...$$$)

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:02 AM   #55  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by prbloom
I have to say I think it's really rude for someone to say they don't like something, maybe they don't get the idea behind something or even that it's not your style, but if you say rude things, it can be a hurtful thing to somebody out there!
Did you forget the smiley on this one? If not.......

I speak the truth not so much as I would, but as much as I dare,
.......and I dare a little more as I grow older.
-Michel de Montaigne, essayist (1533-1592)
Old 04-09-2007, 05:20 AM   #56  
Polyshrink Goddess

You know what? To me the bottom line is (and honestly, I am not speaking as a business owner but as a consumer) that everyone is entitled to an opinion, of course! It is wonderful that everyone has different tastes, granted.. but really, would I start a thread called "I don't get the bellas/Gina K/Amuse/Stampin up whatever brand" thread? NO.. I just would look on and find a thread that appeals to me! To make the effort and start something saying "me no likey" is just not my style.. I keep that stuff to myself.. YKWIM bean? That's what I think people are trying to say.
Now let's move on and enjoy all the talented people out there! I want to say kudos to all entrepreneurs out there.. especially those balancing work and family!

emabella
Old 04-09-2007, 06:05 AM   #57  
Die Cut Diva

Threads have been started about other products people do not like. There have been hundreds of posts about how people loathe SU stamp pads. There have been threads on how people just don't "get" other stamps (like some of the cutesy brands. If we can do threads on how we absolutley love something, there is no reason why we can share about things we really don't like either. With all the Bella threads, some of us truly wonder why we don't "get" them. Nothing at all rude about it.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:19 AM   #58  
Matboard Maniac

Thank you, housefan!! Basically, this little stupid question I asked has taught me to keep my mouth (uh, fingers) shut and to go back to being a stalker who doesn't ask anything,

I have read a lot of CRAP on these threads. I did not think I was being rude with this thread but obviously many poeple feel that way and I am sorry for that. I guess I did not realize how it sounded to them.

I will go back to being quiet, ssshhh, no more from me, no sir!!
Old 04-09-2007, 06:26 AM   #59  
Gallery Gazer

big HUGE sigh!
said and done!
Old 04-09-2007, 06:26 AM   #60  
Gallery Gazer

I don't think this thread was started to "bash" the Bellas. I think it was started because the OP felt like she was the only one who didn't like them and it bothered her. She was looking for confirmation that there are others out there who feel like she does and that she's not alone. I know what she's feeling, because I have felt it too.

Sometimes something is being used by the "elite" stampers and we feel as though we MUST use and like it too, only to discover we do not like it after all. I can be tough when your "idols" LOVE something you don't care for.

Personally, the Bellas aren't my thing either. But I have seen some beautiful cards made with them! To each his own.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:56 AM   #61  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargirl
The bellas were my first unmounted stamps, and I'm seriously considering going unmounted now because of how nicely they stamp. I'm just a little daunted by the idea of unmounting seven years of SU! demo's stamps! I'll bet I have more than a thousand stamps, easily! YIKES!
Me, too!!! I am loving the simplicity of just plopping the rubber stamp onto doublesided tape and stamping a perfect image every time. I have several SU sets that I have not mounted yet, and I don't think I will put them on the wood blocks now.

EMILY: Thank you so much for giving us such HIGH-QUALITY stamps. The rubber is so supple and the lines are nice and deep, plus I love getting stamps that I don't have to cut out.

And, for those of you whose style is not really Bella-like... check out the other categories of stamps and the very cute and cool sentiments at stampingbella.com. I got several of the word stamps to use with my fairly large SU collection.

ďAny time we canít solve it, we have to manage it, until we can start to solve it again.Ē ~Tony Blair
Old 04-09-2007, 07:19 AM   #62  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellrick
OK, I have really tried..I really have..to like these Bella stamps that seem to be so popular lately. Don't get me wrong, I'm always into all the latest things. I went out and bought about 7 giga and mega punches, I have all kinds of Basic Grey paper, etc., etc.....but these Bella stamps I just don't like. Am I the only one? Is something wrong with me??

LOL!!!!
Nothing's wrong with you. I don't like them either. They are just not my thing.

To Paula: I don't see why it would be rude to say we don't like something. It's like if I would say I don't like coffee. ( I do personally ) We all just like different things and that is ok.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:39 AM   #63  
Polyshrink Goddess

ok, Amy, time for the "beating the dead horse smiley" ROFLMAO!
Old 04-09-2007, 07:49 AM   #64  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by momis mama
not really a fan of clear or unmounted...
so i have been wood mounting them as they come in... 2 orders so far!
don't take this wrong but... where the hella is the fella! ha ha ha!
these bella names are just to hilarious to not try to come up with your own lingo.
oh, that will be next! like pig latin! i try to at least be original when naming my cards.
any who! stamp on girls and guys!
I wood mount mine, as well! LOVE THEM! And I agree..."where the hella is the fella"????? I'm dying to press the order button again but PROMISED myself I would wait until he appears!!! You're killing us, Emily!!

And the lingo has already gotten me...I found myself call the baby "babybella" the other day!! Thank God no one was around... LOL

My Blog - New!!
Old 04-09-2007, 07:49 AM   #65  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Thank you, housefan!! Basically, this little stupid question I asked has taught me to keep my mouth (uh, fingers) shut and to go back to being a stalker who doesn't ask anything,

I have read a lot of CRAP on these threads. I did not think I was being rude with this thread but obviously many poeple feel that way and I am sorry for that. I guess I did not realize how it sounded to them.

Kelley,
Please don't stop posting. You are a valuable part of this community and we love you. The nature of a forum is to express your opinion. Honestly, if you said, I just don't care for the Gina K. Designs animal stamps, for example, that would be okay with me. I understand that not everyone wants to stamps pigs and cows. Many would prefer stamping with Bella's, Amuse and SU. It's really okay with me.

And, from Emily's reaction, I don't think she's upset. She knows that there are different strokes for different folks. From the success of her Bellas and the positive threads posted about them, even her yahoo group, I don't think she is worried or offended, although I can not speak for her. (I tend to do that and I shouldn't.)

I have seen threads that said that they didn't like a particular product and then as people began posting response comments, the OP learned more about the product and started to like it better- gamsol and prismacolor pencils are an example of that. So, everyone should feel free to express themselves.

Now, with that being said, I am going to order my first Bella. I think, with the Autism Awareness stamp set, that I need to buy Causeabella. LOL! I will post some cards that I make with it after I receive it.

I think the greatest thing about splitcoaststampers is that even when someone says that they don't like something, it causes people to go and check it out. Those who check it out may love it! Everyone is different...thank God!

Gina K.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:35 AM   #66  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

ok, Amy, time for the "beating the dead horse smiley" ROFLMAO!
Yes yes you're right - here it is:

LOL!!

Here's my 2 cents (with another $20 added for good measure ROFL!):

I agree that not everyone likes the same things (man the world would be a boring place if we did!!) and there is a HUGE variety of styles/tastes/preferences when it comes to stamping images. Some things I LOVE (the Bellas!) other ppl don't care for at all, while other things that I really don't care for some ppl find beautiful.

I don't think there's anything wrong starting a thread saying that you don't like something - and if you say it in a polite way (which the OP on this thread did) then it's all good. **I** think the reason it got heated is b/c there have been a LOT of threads lately (and some rather nasty comments) that have been started about not liking the Bellas (and that's putting it nicely - some of the things that were said here and there were downright rude) and for those of us who are on here quite often I guess it just gets annoying to see the SAME type of threads pop up over and over and over again!!

What I'm saying is I don't understand why there are more "I don't like/get the Bellas" threads popping up lately then anything else - I don't see any "I dont' like TAC/Papertrey/GinaK/SU/CTMH/Paper Salon/Fancy Pants" etc etc ETC threads going (and I hope I don't!! All the negativity on here lately is so draining!!) so I can see why people get defensive when yet another "I don't like Bellas" thread pops up!!

Yes yes we all have freedom of speech and by all means are allowed to say we don't like something - but for me personally I don't feel the need to start a thread on SCS every time I come across something that I don't like that everyone else does - I just go find other threads to post to or find something else to occupy my time - but that's just me!!

Us Bella-addicts are a fun-loving bunch but the claws do come out when it comes to "protecting" that addiction

OK I'm done now - maybe he needs to be added again:
Old 04-09-2007, 08:41 AM   #67  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

. . . Basically, this little stupid question I asked has taught me to keep my mouth (uh, fingers) shut and to go back to being a stalker who doesn't ask anything,

Kelley,

There are many stamp company owners and manufacturers that dwell here in on SCS. They are professionals, and do understand that not every line of stamps appeals to every consumer due to personal taste and style. The fact that there is so much to choose from makes this art form such a wonderful, WONDERFUL one--oh, the options! Woe, d' wallet! chuckle!

I'm speaking generally, and a little TIC, but with some truth, as well:

We (females) are hens.

We cackle. We peck. AND, our feathers "ruffle" sometimes aaaaall too easily. Why? Because communicating via written word, without the benefit of facial/body expression and vocal inflection, we hens sometimes read more into a statement than is really there, or we misinterpret, or we choose to be offended.

Your question was asked honestly, and, I didn't read anything within your post that indicated an intent to offend anyone, least of all the owner of Stamping Bella. I think sometimes folks just get a little "defensive"--which is natural, when you love a thing, but in this case, it was unwarranted.

As an SCS Team Member, I wanted to step in here to remind everybody that SCS is a staunch supporter of freedom of speech, as long as no individual/group of people/company, etc. is being deliberately, and directly targeted with disparaging remarks.

The OP is entitled to her opinion, and, to express it. Considering the manner in which she expressed it, which was NOT done with intent to offend, and very clearly in accordance with the TOS, to do so without repercussion.

For the most part, SCS members tend to be strongly positive, supportive, generous, compassionate, understanding, kind, and respectful towards others, including those with differing opinions or perspectives.

I hope you will not be discouraged by this particular thread to post and engage in forum discussions.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:54 AM   #68  
Mad Swapper

The Bella's and PaperTrey will be my 1st nonSU stamps and acrylic. I got my Papertrey but do not own scrylic block but I had ordered osme with my Bella's and since they should be here anytime I am excited to use them!

My 8 yr old DD LOVES the Bella's but thinks Emily should make some Tween Bella's named BellaKidlets lol yes she says its all 1 word!

So Emily with all the ideas being thrown at you for the kidsn of Bella's here and there you should be in business for quite awhile!
Old 04-09-2007, 08:54 AM   #69  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, that was great Julie! We are hens! Love your smilies!
Old 04-09-2007, 08:56 AM   #70  
Stazon Splitcoast

How about a ruffled henabella?
Old 04-09-2007, 09:03 AM   #71  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Hi there,
just having innocent fun and tried to develop a line that "MOST" can identify with in terms of look, profession, the ability to have fun. The best part is when I hear people say "OMG that is so my mother, my friend, my sister".. makes me warm and tingly.. OH and did I mention all the people I have met on this journey? I wouldn't know what to do without them.. we are now officially almost related! Hence, the term "sistahs".
The main problem here is that I am the type that loves BOTH chocolate and vanilla.. oh what to do...

Em
Em-
I think you have a goldmine in it's infancy...There's no limit to the 'bellas' you could provide. I think that's why I am intrigued by them. They are the personal touch/reference that many companies don't have.

And, as a business person you know you can't be the 'it' product for every person.
Congrats on your success and I'm finally on board with bella! Can't wait to get mine.

For those that the stamps don't speak too...eh, that's ok. There's so many styles out there that don't speak to everyone. That's why there's so much variety being offered.

I'm excited to be branching out from SU again. I love SU, but I'm needing something different in order to get my stamping started again.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:04 AM   #72  
Matboard Maniac

I agree - I've checked them out, and I don't get them either. Usually enjoy odd humor and 'edgy' stuff - but this doesn't do it for me. I love to see the galleries of them, though. I agree, too, that we should expect everyone to have different tastes, and we can't all agree. I think it took a lot of courage to be the first to admit you didn't love bellas!!!!
Old 04-09-2007, 09:05 AM   #73  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

enabling speel over.
I totally agree!
Old 04-09-2007, 09:09 AM   #74  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinaK
Emily,
I know what you mean. I like chocolate, vanilla and peanut butter cup! LOL! Your bellas are so adorable and they are a great idea! (Wish I had thought of it. LOL!)

The beauty of stamping is that there are stamps that everyone can relate to. For Ms. Stampingbella Emily, it's the gorgeous, thin, sexy bella sistah! For me,...it's that round fat little piggy. LOL!

Love all stamps.
Hugs,
Gina K.
EOS- Equal Opportunity Stamper. (Now that's a problem...$$$)
Gina-I just want to say I'm lovin' your stuff too.

Unmounted phobics: That is me too, but space and variety are becoming a problem for me. I still prefer wood mounted rubber but in order to have the variety I want for prices I can afford, I'm finding unmounted clear or rubber is the way for me. In fact, I don't think i'm going to mount any SU stuff I get from here out. I just don't have the room.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:41 AM   #75  
Die Cut Diva

I think the threads keep popping up because there are soooo many samples in the gallery lately that use the bellas. It's as if they've become the latest "cool'' thing, and you have to have them to be cool.

To the OP, I totally agree with you -- I personally don't care for them. And I don't understand why that statement is any different than if I said I don't care for the SU's "Living Large" or "Girlfriends" sets. I'm an equal opportunity disliker of skinny girly stamps.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:01 AM   #76  
Insane Embellisher

personally, i think that the pregnant bella should have been *itchybella; then she could have been me *lol*
Old 04-09-2007, 10:08 AM   #77  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've always thought the Bellas were cute, but really not my style. Then I saw the TeacherBella. All 3 of my DD's are teachers.... Hmm.... Two are music teachers (Hey, Em, how about a MusicTeacherBella - she could be playing the piano or the guitar!), but my youngest DD teaches 4th grade and that TeacherBella is so cute!!

In general, however, I'm not a fan of skinny woman images. Although I know they are STAMPS, not meant to be role models for young girls! <g> I'd love to see a SaggyBellyBella or a Fluffy Bella... Maybe a NewMommyBella with a NewMommy tummy!! I was slim before I had my babies - now that my baby is 23, I don't really have that as excuse anymore, but I convinced my DH that ALL moms were a little chubbier after-baby. One time we were walking down the street and we saw a very slim mom pushing a young baby in a stroller - after she was out of earshot, DH commented that that baby must be adopted!! VERY FUNNY!! <G> I'm proud of my stretch marks - I earned them! Hmmm.... How about a StretchMarkBellyBella?? <g>

I think the StampingBella is cute, but I'd like one of her sitting down actually stamping - with a stamp and cardstock and ink!!

For those who are afraid of the unmounted aspect, don't be!! My stamping journey took me into UM rubber long before I found SU!! I learned to stamp from the very patient gals on 2Peas and Michele on 2Peas owns Purple Onion Designs (just add the dot-com) and I bought some unmounted rubber stamps from her. I didn't use cushion - just used the double-stick tape.

The prices of the Bellas are very reasonable, so I just might get the teacher one, plus a couple others to make it worth my while!

Another company with very cute UM rubber stamps is Eat Cake Graphics. The rubber isn't as thick, though, and you'll probably need cushion if you get them. But they are VERY inexpensive and SO cute....

Old 04-09-2007, 10:28 AM   #78  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni M&M Stamper

And this is why we love you Miss Julie: because you are so tactful, respectful, and diplomatic! Well said! Love the hens thing. Hey! Maybe you could start a female hens stamp line!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
Kelley,

There are many stamp company owners and manufacturers that dwell here in on SCS. They are professionals, and do understand that not every line of stamps appeals to every consumer due to personal taste and style. The fact that there is so much to choose from makes this art form such a wonderful, WONDERFUL one--oh, the options! Woe, d' wallet! chuckle!

I'm speaking generally, and a little TIC, but with some truth, as well:

We (females) are hens.

We cackle. We peck. AND, our feathers "ruffle" sometimes aaaaall too easily. Why? Because communicating via written word, without the benefit of facial/body expression and vocal inflection, we hens sometimes read more into a statement than is really there, or we misinterpret, or we choose to be offended.

Your question was asked honestly, and, I didn't read anything within your post that indicated an intent to offend anyone, least of all the owner of Stamping Bella. I think sometimes folks just get a little "defensive"--which is natural, when you love a thing, but in this case, it was unwarranted.

As an SCS Team Member, I wanted to step in here to remind everybody that SCS is a staunch supporter of freedom of speech, as long as no individual/group of people/company, etc. is being deliberately, and directly targeted with disparaging remarks.

The OP is entitled to her opinion, and, to express it. Considering the manner in which she expressed it, which was NOT done with intent to offend, and very clearly in accordance with the TOS, to do so without repercussion.

For the most part, SCS members tend to be strongly positive, supportive, generous, compassionate, understanding, kind, and respectful towards others, including those with differing opinions or perspectives.

I hope you will not be discouraged by this particular thread to post and engage in forum discussions.
FS #44
My Blog: wheremmsgather
Old 04-09-2007, 10:39 AM   #79  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'll chime in here and say that at first I wasn't really understanding this bella thing either, but the more I look at them, the more I can relate. And I just have to say that pmsabella is priceless! I believe that may be the bella stamp that puts me over the edge and actually makes me order something. Glad my birthday is coming up in June.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Old 04-09-2007, 11:20 AM   #80  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne S
Personally, I wanna look like a bella
Yeah! Wouldn't that be cool?!

Kimberly