Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   I did it....here goes nothing! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/i-did-here-goes-nothing-65603/)

emilymomto3boys 07-02-2005 06:51 AM

I did it....here goes nothing!

I put a jumbo wheel on my new catty order. I am going to make myself conquer my wheeling disability. Thank you so much to all of you who offered wheeling tips. And special thanks to Cambria for helping me out on what I needed to order. I can't wait for my stuff to arrive so I can tackle this issue!

CardFanatic 07-02-2005 06:56 AM

Good luck! I used to be really bad at wheeling. Now I'm doing just fine. You'll get the hang of it!

cathy maxwell 07-02-2005 06:59 AM

Miss Emily-

Which jumbo wheel did you order?

Cathy :)

emilymomto3boys 07-02-2005 07:02 AM

I got the wheel that goes with mixed bouquet. I know I love that one in white so I wanted to try it out.

dbeltt 07-02-2005 07:14 AM

SOndrik and I were just discussing how much easier the jumbo wheels work than the regular ones. Hopefully you'll like it. I love the bouquet wheel.

Saints 07-02-2005 07:25 AM

You'll get the hang of it. It just takes practice with the wheel guide it makes things awhole lot easier. Soon you won't be able to get enough wheels. You'll be addicted.
Good luck be sure to post your first card.

mamakimberly 07-02-2005 07:33 AM

I ordered one too! I got the poinsettia and cool jumbo wheels.

*nervous*

emilymomto3boys 07-02-2005 08:33 AM

I sure hope MamaK and I can figure it out cause we sure need something else to spend stamp money on, lol!!

JulieHRR 07-02-2005 08:42 AM

Oh, the Jumbo wheels totally ROCK!!! You will LOVE them!!!!

Jay Dub 07-02-2005 08:45 AM

I'll be waiting with baited breath to see how it goes.......

I've been avoiding the wheels because I'm nervous after hearing about people having troubles AND I've been trying to focus on the basics before getting into the whole "wheel thing". But there are some really great ones so my defenses are weakening.......

keep us posted!

cathy maxwell 07-02-2005 08:52 AM

I also can't wait to see how you like the jumbo wheel and the cards you make!

Cathy

:) :) :)

auntytriss 07-02-2005 03:16 PM

You're gonna LOVE the jumbo wheel! I feel like it's MUCH easier to use then the standard size. I'm so excited for you - GOOD LUCK! :)

Melanwee1 07-02-2005 03:33 PM

Wheels ROCK AND ROLL!!!!

When I first got into Stamping, I bought the wheels first....could get more for my small buck! hee hee

One tip that someone told me was to go diagnolly starting from the bottom left hand corner, that way you can see where to line it up. That made it MUCH easier for me. I still wanna get the Wheel Guide so I can practice my straight wheeling!

Emily & MamaK, I'm sure that in no time at all, you'll be doin' some Cool WHEELIES!
~Melanwee

longtimestamper 07-02-2005 03:34 PM

Good for you, Emily! You'll be a pro in no time. :)

JJBrooks 07-02-2005 03:35 PM

I love my jumbo wheels! You are so talented you WILL be able to handle it and make beautiful things!:)

Stamp0654 07-02-2005 04:14 PM

Looking at your gallery, you will be a pro in no time!:)

my4blessings 07-02-2005 04:31 PM

Can I ask you a question about this, Emily? I am also planning to buy the Jumbo Mixed Bouquet wheel in my order next week and either want to have ink in white or versa. Did you buy the Jumbo One Cell cartridge and then the Whisper White refill? I feel like this should be an easy question but I'm having trouble figuring this out from the catty. Thanks!

Karen Murphy 07-02-2005 04:38 PM

The jumbo wheels are so much easier to use than the smaller wheels. The wheel guide is helpful too. The tip about going on the diagonal is a great one.

Have a great time with your new buy!

Karen

MonTigg 07-02-2005 05:44 PM

If ya get over the disability by Oct you can tutor me!!;)

stampinsweeney 07-02-2005 06:46 PM

I love the jumbo wheels!! They totally rock. I had a small wheel and couldn't get the hang of it. I have the poinsettia, swirling stars (so cool from the winter mini), holly, and Cool. Obviously, I went a little nuts with the jumbo wheels for Christmas card. I think of the jumbo wheels like a kid's Big Wheels....the bigger they are the easier they are to maneuver. IMHO.

I haven't gotten my new catty yet....so, I can FINALLY get white for my jumbo wheels!!!!! YEAH!!!!

Don't worry, gals! If I can use the wheels you can! Can't wait to check your creations!

Melissa 8791 07-02-2005 06:49 PM

I can't wait to see what you come up with! I know that you'll make some beautiful cards.

Melissa

emilymomto3boys 07-02-2005 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my4blessings
Can I ask you a question about this, Emily? I am also planning to buy the Jumbo Mixed Bouquet wheel in my order next week and either want to have ink in white or versa. Did you buy the Jumbo One Cell cartridge and then the Whisper White refill? I feel like this should be an easy question but I'm having trouble figuring this out from the catty. Thanks!

yes, they sell a regular cartridge in white and a white refill. To do jumbo you have to buy an empty jumbo cartridge and the white refill. White reinker won't work cause it's a thicker consistency.