Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   I cleaned my stamping room! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/i-cleaned-my-stamping-room-407766/)

Stampnf1n 01-02-2009 04:34 AM

I cleaned my stamping room!

Yesterday I finally got my craft room cleaned up and everything put away in its spot. It looks awesome.

When I got up this morning I ran in there to make sure I didnt dream it.

So tonight I am going to clean bathrooms and then I can play all weekend.

YEAH!!

Bonnie

53queenbee 01-02-2009 04:37 AM

I am so jealous. I am very happy for you and wish I could get that done. I have one more project to do and then I am on this mission to completion! Every time I start to clean and purge I find one more thing I said I would complete...and have not...so cleaning takes a back seat.

nancystamps 01-02-2009 04:42 AM

Good for you!!! I can't wait to start cleaning/re-organizing mine. Although I've been off for the holidays, we've been busy with visiting/having company and little day trips. Monday, the kids are back to school and I have one more day off....I can't wait to attack it!

GinaLin 01-02-2009 05:05 AM

I did the same thing yesterday! I am trying to put in some more organizational pieces so that I can find everything I have. It is so nice to sit down and everything be in the right place. Getting ready for Christmas, I had so many projects going that everything got left out.

Paper Kissy 01-02-2009 05:21 AM

My craft room is generally always in good shape, but I just looked around my house today and realized after a bunch of time in my craft room, that the rest of the house is a mess. So I'll be cleaning today...quickly so I can go back and play :)

Erin

Stampnf1n 01-02-2009 05:27 AM

I found projects from last Christmas that I put on a shelf!

What is strange is somehow I ended up with more room on table top. And that is after adding the Big Shot.

Cant wait for 4 o'clock and I am off work! Kept thinking yesterday was Sunday so this is so much fun to have two more days off!

Bonnie

stamphappy1650 01-02-2009 05:37 AM

oh, so jealous as I'm in the middle of a big cleaning project. Can't wait to be finished so I can play.....

Crafty Math Chick 01-02-2009 06:05 AM

Congratulations! (Feels good, doesn't it - now you won't want to stamp in fear of messing it up if you are like me! LOL!)

jutta 01-02-2009 06:44 AM

cleaned up?

What is it about this time of the year? Why does it make us want to clean, purge, and organize? I did the same thing in my room last night. Now I want to rip apart the whole house! But first, a little shopping! I love after Christmas shopping! No stress, just the bargain meditation.....ohm.......

Jutta

redhatlady99 01-02-2009 06:56 AM

I am also clean my craft area and for the first time I am getting rid of stuff. I am finaly giving paper I have had for over five years to my local grade school. If I have not sued it in five years I do not think I will ever use it. Why do we keep our stuff that long?

whoistracy 01-02-2009 06:57 AM

Oh that's a good plan! I cleaned up my crafty space yesterday and tomorrow morning I'll do the rest of the house. Hopefully I can play Saturday night some!

jackie1 01-02-2009 07:04 AM

I cleaned the rest of the house this morning and I have been trying to keep the craftroom cleaned up, but this afternoon I will go through everything and put it where it belongs and I have to index the stamps that I got before Christmas so that I have a record of everything that I have. I need to start on Valentines cards and I have to make some boxes for a Church function at the end of the month, plus keep up with my craft challenges. I am so glad that Christmas and New Year's are over now I can get back to my normal routine.

sprtchick 01-02-2009 10:08 AM

I did a bit of reorganizing last night...simply because I had just purchased an Inkadinkado stamp set for the second time...Now the clear stamps are all neatly organized...love it...even came up with an extra empty Iris cart drawer...it bugs me that it is empty though..might have to go buy something to put in there...lol
Blessings.

Stampin' Annie 01-02-2009 10:10 AM

Doesn't it feel great? I just cleaned mine the other day and finally finished the whole redo--I LOVE IT! :D

lynnewithane 01-02-2009 10:30 AM

Congratulations on your new clean room!!! I spent most of yesterday doing the same thing, but I still have a little work to do. I just need to get it done before I go back to work on Monday......Wish me luck!

ILdyson76 01-02-2009 10:57 AM

once you start, you won't stop! LOL I moved my craft stuff and made a new "room" over the summer. I do a much better job of keeping it cleaned and put away, but I still rummage through drawers and jars and get rid of stuff that I've had for a year or so, and havent used. It's much more appealing to go in when it's clean. I have a new tv in there now too thanks to my parents, so it's a SWEET set up. :)
Happy stampin!

scrappindianeh 01-02-2009 11:07 AM

I just moved my craft room and it's still a mess. I'm slowly working on getting everything organized so I have a special place to create! But, the rest of my house is a mess too...lol

Diane

SDiegoGal 01-02-2009 11:09 AM

Good for you! My craft room is almost how I want it, but I do have a few things to re-organize and put away. Your post has motivated me to go for it today. :)

ellepaul 01-02-2009 12:08 PM

I plan on cleaning up my area this weekend. I have a lot of new things I need to put up.

RiverIsis 01-02-2009 12:16 PM

Slight envy here - but I'm trying to buy appropriate storage so that it is all useable and can "be out" in the the corner of the family room when people are over so my storage needs doors/drawers etc. (which is a necessity as I don't want little fingers helping themselves without asking first)

kphorse 01-02-2009 01:04 PM

I cleaned up a bit today so I can find a few things....

sassybee 01-02-2009 01:08 PM

Thanks for inspiring me, ladies! After doing 5 craft fairs this holiday season, my room was a disaster. I just never had time to put anything away. You couldn't even see my stamping table because of all the stuff piled on it! I spent 3 hours yesterday just cleaning that and a small shelving unit. It feels so much better to be able to find something and not have to look for 5 minutes.

Cathy H 01-02-2009 01:11 PM

I SHOULD be cleaning my craft room instead of being here on SCS!!!

DaisyMaisieG 01-02-2009 01:12 PM

I cleaned my stash up on Christmas Eve. Thought it was about time, seeing as it had been out since Summer! Trouble is now it's all tidy I don't want to mess it up, but I neeeeddd to craft.

Lynn22 01-02-2009 04:09 PM

Congratulations on a job well done! I cleaned mine up a few days ago and have been a mad woman cleaning the rest of the house in anticipation of scrapping a lot over the weekend!! I can do this guilt free! Now, I can enter my room and just play, nothing to pick up!

MWDStamp 01-02-2009 05:13 PM

Well, I have put the Christmas stuff away and cleaned out that storage closet. I cleaned up and backed up 4 yrs. worth of digital pictures. Maybe tomorrow I can get to my craft room. It looks like a total disaster and has for months. It would be nice to have it cleaned up, so I could possibly stamp in there.

MaryAnnK 01-02-2009 05:19 PM

I just noticed this thread and I'm jealous. My craft room looks like someone ran a giant egg beater through it. I think I'll dedicate this weekend to cleaning. I have some swaps to finish, so I'll do them first because they will create more mess. Thanks for the inspiration.

Julie in Indy 01-03-2009 05:11 AM

This is good inspiration for me! I started cleaning/organizing last night but got tired and am going back at it right after I finish my morning run (I run with a group).

I did my closets/drawers on Thursday.

scherry 01-03-2009 05:27 AM

There isn't even a path in my stamp room. If I could only get rid of the bedroom furniture in that room, I would have lots of space! I am really thinking about a day bed. I do use the dressers to stash my stuff as kids are gone. I made over 100 cards in the past three weeks and have not put ANYTHING away! It even spilled to other flat surfaces in the house. Just getting it all back in there will be a challenge. On my visit to my DD in Texas last week, I had to check out the LSSs. I did get it all in the suitcase - cramming away and hoping the paper did not get crunched. Why is it we have to clean up before we can make another mess? Sort of reminds you of when you were a kid and mom said to clean the room/put toys/stuff away. Nice to know that nothing has changed! Happy Stamping to all!
Sally

missinkyfingers 01-03-2009 11:36 AM

I had mine pretty well cleaned until I got a day away from the DBF after Christmas and then the New Years Eve bash here and I didn't even get to create but 2 cards. I was having an awful creative block that night. I would like to be there now but I'm on SCS and wishing for a nap.

I will need it a lil more organized by 1/17. I'm going to look into this VSN business I've never done on here before AND if all goes well, I am OFF that following week from SCHOOL AND WORK..........and I want to stamp, stamp, stamp the week away. Hhehehe :)

MaryAnnK 01-03-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryAnnK (Post 12558794)
I just noticed this thread and I'm jealous. My craft room looks like someone ran a giant egg beater through it. I think I'll dedicate this weekend to cleaning. I have some swaps to finish, so I'll do them first because they will create more mess. Thanks for the inspiration.

So now the weekend is almost half over and all I've done is sort through my 2 boxes of scraps. I'm not getting much accomplished today. :(

wendalyn 01-03-2009 12:07 PM

I clean and then a day later its messy again so i gave up on that mess LOL as long as i can walk in there i am good. I have a little path LOL

pear52 01-03-2009 06:31 PM

I've been purging, re-organizing and cleaning. I am amazed at how much paper I have. I could probably start my own store from my art studio. It does feel good though - doesn't it? Maybe now I'll start stamping again.

babydal57 01-03-2009 07:23 PM

I can't create in a messy room. My brain just won't allow it. Sooooo.....I spent the week between Christmas and New Years cleaning and organizing my room. I bought a lot of those JetMax white storage cubes and I love the way it looks.

And since I'm a "put something away before getting out anything else" kind of person, I'm sure it will stay that way. It feel sooooo good!