Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-24-2009, 07:04 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU angel policy

hi ... here my story maybe someone can clarify a friend asked me to make some cards for a craft fair she does quilting and wanted to sell a few of my cards and altered items... i have no real problem making her cards but i have a older stamp that says "stamped by" stamp which is what i use but have never sold my products craft fair or otherwise. So Does my "stamped by" stamp still count for the legal beagle that SU angel policy honors .It is a SU stamp for the record... or do i need to purchase one that has the Copyright SU right on it. My demo(new) had no real idea and said that mine should be okay but might be further ahead to order a new one... if i have to i will but wondering what the scoop on angel policy is don't want problems
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

It is my understanding that you need one of the ones that they have designated as their "angel policy" stamps with the copyright on them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2009, 07:27 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

You do need one that has the Stampin' Up copyright image at the bottom of it. There is a set in the current catalog that meets these requirements. I believe it has 2 or 3 stamps in it that have the SU copyright name at the bottom.

When giving a card, it doesnt have to have anything or can just have a "stamped by" or whatever on it but when selling items using ANY SU product, it must contain the SU copyright image on it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2009, 07:48 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

You do need one that has the "copyright StampinUp" words on the stamped image. It doesn't matter if it's a current or a retired one...they'll all satisfy the requirements.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2009, 09:10 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by kspivView Post
You do need one that has the Stampin' Up copyright image at the bottom of it. There is a set in the current catalog that meets these requirements. I believe it has 2 or 3 stamps in it that have the SU copyright name at the bottom.

When giving a card, it doesnt have to have anything or can just have a "stamped by" or whatever on it but when selling items using ANY SU product, it must contain the SU copyright image on it.
Hi there...I am wondering as to how this would be policed. I sit here with quite a few things, now, which were not bought from SU, but which are now being sold with the SU label. Obviously SU have bought the right to put their name on these items, but for those of us who have bought exactly the same thing but with another brand name on it...begs a question to me... It may appear that one is breaking the SU angel policy by not putting the copyright image out there, when in fact the item used was another brand but same thing.

Off the top of my head I can think of my stamp positioner and quite a few punches...there are most likely more but I am not getting up to make a definitive list.

Interesting to say the least.

Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2009, 09:56 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellpoleView Post
Hi there...I am wondering as to how this would be policed. I sit here with quite a few things, now, which were not bought from SU, but which are now being sold with the SU label. Obviously SU have bought the right to put their name on these items, but for those of us who have bought exactly the same thing but with another brand name on it...begs a question to me... It may appear that one is breaking the SU angel policy by not putting the copyright image out there, when in fact the item used was another brand but same thing.

Off the top of my head I can think of my stamp positioner and quite a few punches...there are most likely more but I am not getting up to make a definitive list.

Interesting to say the least.

Michelle
The Angel Policy does not apply to tools like the SAMJ that are used in the creation of the item being sold (although exclusive SU! punch designs and die-cuts may be an exception), only to copyrighted material that is part of the finished product. I think the post you're quoting was worded in a confusing way -- by "any product" I think the person meant exclusive printed papers, rub-ons, and other products that use SU!'s copyrighted images. ;)

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2009, 11:28 PM   #7  
Crimping Master

Do you have to buy the SU copyright stamps? Or may I just print that info on the back of the cards?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2009, 09:32 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

SU does require that you use one of their stamps with the copyright info on it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2009, 09:51 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by momtoggkView Post
Do you have to buy the SU copyright stamps? Or may I just print that info on the back of the cards?
It's plainly written in the policy that you must use one of the designated copyright stamps to be in compliance -- just writing "copyright Stampin' Up!" is not enough.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2009, 12:44 PM   #10  
Kookie Creator

Thank you all for you guy's input and help with this matter .....i know i can always count of this site for the info i need... thanks again and i'll fork out the cash to get a "copy right SU" stamp indicated in the catalog.
Reply With Quote Likes