Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-10-2006, 02:27 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How will I know??

How will I know if I should go ahead and become a SU demonstrator??? I would like to, but I'm concerned about getting in a slump and/or getting burned out......

Any advice?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 05:01 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Burn out can happen with any job. Don't let what "might" happen get in the way of doing something that you will enjoy. You will never know until you try. You should first ask yourself if you really love the products. If you love something, it is much easier to sell it to others. Do you enjoy stamping and scrapbooking? Do you enjoy being with people who like crafts? Do your friends and family like SU! products? The answer to these questions should help guide you to a decision. Good luck in whatever direction that you decide to go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 05:12 PM   #3  
SCS Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by paperchick
How will I know if I should go ahead and become a SU demonstrator??? I would like to, but I'm concerned about getting in a slump and/or getting burned out......

Any advice?
One thing to remember about being an SU demo is that there is no "have to's" with SU. You can be a business demo, but you do not have to.

You can hold lots of workshops or classes, but you do not have to.

You can stay a demo as long as you wish-but you do not have to. I joined because I had friends who stamped and I thought I would try it. The starter kit is an AWESOME value, and since you can pick your own stamps and inks I made it work for me. If you decide not to pursue it amy longer then that is okay-you can let it go.

I would talk to the demo you want to sign up with and go from there. The discount is great-the support is awesome, and most of all it is fun to make some extra money (or save money from your own orders) while being paid tp be creative. And again if you ever feel like it is leading you down a path that does not make your life happy, then you can let it go.

The only regret about signing up is that I did not do it sooner .

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 05:16 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I so agree with Britta and jwjazz. I love what I do and so I keep doing it. If you don't like it, you still have LOTS of great stuff to show that you tried. This site has been SOOOO helpful in my business and it has been fun to meet so many neat people. Go for it. I did and I am so glad!

Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 05:37 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Ditto to all of the above.
What really got me to sign up was one of my friends said "what do you have to lose?" The answer was nothing. Once you buy the demo kit, you get wonderful products you get to use and keep. And then just sell enough product to at least pay for that kit. My only advice would be to talk to your friends before signing the actual paperwork. You may find that your friends are really supportive and will have parties for you right away. Best of luck! We'll see you over on the demo side!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 07:05 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

There is NO getting in a slump or burned out with SU! I have been doing it for over a year now and I get more excited about it everytime I log onto this website, open a craft magazine or look through my catty. It is always so much fun coming up with new ideas and looking at other galleries to get some ideas. Each holiday there is always a new inspiration and I am always thinking to come up with some "clever" creation that others will want to copy It is so much fun, you won't regret it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 10:09 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I have done about 8 workshops all year and 4 were my sisters as hostesses! I love showing people how to stamp and sharing my love of stamping. Even by not doing alot of workshops, I have still made many new friends and spend time stamping with them. I love it! I have lots of great new stamps, ink, and accessories that all coordinate now, that I find it is easier to stamp cuz everything goes together. (I wasted more time trying to find shades of paper that went together!) There is so many ideas and so many stamps, but so little time.........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 12:29 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

If you love stamping and the products, then go for it! And if you are thinking about it more than you want to admit, go for it!!

I became a demo in Feb and havent regretted it at all. I thought people wouldnt want to do workshops in the summer, but I have kept busy and have some lined up for the fall.

The discount is great, and you only work as much or as hard as you want to. Give it a try, I am sure you wont regret it!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 12:36 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

I became a demo 2 years ago and I still love it. Of course, I work a full-time job, so stamping is a way of relaxing. I consider myself more of a hobby demo, although I would like my business to grow. I have some very loyal customers who help me meet my goal each quarter. Also, it's great getting the discount and being able to preorder catalogs and stamps. Good luck in your decision.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 12:46 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

How will you know?

A pragmatic way to look at it - tally up your SU purchases for say, the last year. Then take 20% off that amount - that's how much you would have 'saved' if you had been a demo making all those purchases!

Or...add up your wishlist. Your 20% 'off' your wishlist amount might help you take the plunge, too!

Actually, you've already crossed the first hurdle because you said it yourself: you'd like to...

Go for it! Everyone else is right - there's nothing to lose and no pressure to continue if you find out it's not right for you (or not the right time for you)...worse comes to worse, you get a bunch of great supplies for a great deal...plus if you sign up before Sept. 15th, you get an even better deal!

<---- (Aren't my nephew & niece cute? They take after their aunt, I think!)
Reply With Quote Likes