Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   How to package cards? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/how-package-cards-17561/)

sunshineb 11-22-2004 08:00 AM

How to package cards?

I want to give some cards as gifts but not sure how to "package" them. Any ideas???????
TIA, Sunshine

stampinstephy 11-22-2004 08:07 AM

i put mine all together, with a ribbon around all sides like a package, and then put in a decorated gable box. or, you could use really fancy ribbon, and put a neat tag on, and give just like that

steph

sunshineb 11-22-2004 08:19 AM

Sounds GREAT!!

cindykang 11-22-2004 08:23 AM

i bought some clear boxes and put cards in bundles of 8 or 10 with envelopes tucked behind them and put them in there. with the clear packaging, it looks like a set that you would buy at a store. : )

sunshineb 11-22-2004 08:35 AM

Where did you find the clear boxes??

texasjodylynn 11-22-2004 08:43 AM

I...

I bought the silver metal square trays with handles (small) from the Target $1.00 spot and I plan to put some cards wrapped like a gift with ribbon in there! I will be giving some as gifts for Christmas.

stampoholicsunanimous 11-22-2004 08:49 AM

I usually make stationary boxes out of 12x12 CS. I recently found the clear boxes at www.clearenvelopes.com or www.clearbags.com. The boxes just fold and then tie a great ribbon around it with a hand-stamped tag. Good luck!!!

marymoilanen 11-22-2004 08:51 AM

I get soft fold boxes from Clearbags.com. They are cheap and ship fast. I got the ones that were 1" thick so I could put around 8 cards with embellishments to a box.

http://www.clearbags.com/?category|NEWBOXES

sunshineb 11-22-2004 09:15 AM

Thanks, which ones do you get??
Sunshine

lindseyhol 11-22-2004 09:18 AM

Does anyone have a cute poem or saying that they use for their handmade cards that are given away for Christmas?

clarie.r.f 11-22-2004 09:29 AM

How to Package Cards

I don't have a poem for just cards. I do have one to put in Christmas cards;

There is a list of friends that I know, all written in a book.
And every year at Christmas time, I go and take a look
And that is when I realize that these names are a part
Not of the book they're written in, but of my very heart.

For each name stands for someone who has touched my life sometime
And in that meaning they've become "The Rhythm of the Rhyme."
I really feel I am composed of each remembered name
And while you might not be aware, of feeling quite the same
My life is so much better than it was before you came.

For once you have known someone, the years cannot erase
The memory of a pleasant word or of the friendly face
So never think my Christmas cards are just a mere routine
Of names-upon a list, forgotten in between
For when I send a Christmas card that is addressed to you
It is because you're on that list of folks I'm indebted to

And whether I've known you for many years or few
In some ways you have had a part in shaping things I do
So every year when Christmas comes, I realize anew
The biggest gift that God can give, is knowing friends like you!

Karen

rubadubdub 11-22-2004 09:35 AM

When I'm in a hurry, I take an 11 inch strip of vellum (usually a scrap--it can be any width), wrap it around the cards and tie with a length of ribbon and metallic cord. I actually prefer this look to the stationery boxes.

emilymomto3boys 11-22-2004 10:27 AM

I purchased the stationary boxes from SU. You can stamp on them and then there are tags and such included. I just tie mine with ribbon. THey hold 6 cards and 6 envelopes. Way cute.

crabbymommyof2 11-22-2004 10:34 AM

I gave out cards for gifts last year and had trouble deciding how to package them. At Dollar General I found boxed stationary sets for $1.50. I took out the stationary and used the box. I fit 8 cards with envelopes in it. Mind you, it was my first year stamping and my cards were simple without a lot of embellishments. The box had a lid and it was very pretty. The stationary, however, was not. Just an idea!

amylou 11-22-2004 10:44 AM

You can wrap a ribbon around them then put them in a cellophane bag with the same ribbon tied around the top. You can then put them in a gift bag & instead of using tissue in the top just let the cellophane poof out of the top. Very simple!

Amy :)

nightowlstamper 11-22-2004 11:08 AM

I bought some from www.stamponthis.com and they just fold up. They're perfect for cards.

stampinalot 11-22-2004 12:28 PM

I buy the clear boxes that the SU stamps come in on a supply order (your demo can buy these for you) It looks very professional and if you put a ribbon around them they look professionally beautiful. Good luck!

Sue

lazylizard 11-22-2004 03:01 PM

My mom has made me some organdy or sheer kinds of fabric bags that she stitched up for me. There was some really nice Christmas sheer fabrics out this season, and then we just tie them shut with a pretty ribbon.

Liz
lazylizard