Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: how much is your budget for su goodies a month incl tax?
0-30 dollars 44 24.44%
30-60 dollars 60 33.33%
60-100 dollars 47 26.11%
more than 100 dollars (lucky me) 29 16.11%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2006, 12:43 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Default how much is your budget a month for SU Stuff

when i calculate everything what i like from the new catty iam going to be broke by the time the new catty is out.

i try to stay in my 30 dollars budget a month INCL tax.

how about you????
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-03-2006, 12:46 PM   #2  
Inking Addict

Usually $25-45 per month.....starting next month. At least thats what I always say, as I blow that number out of the water by the third of the month!!
Old 07-03-2006, 12:56 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

I usually try to keep it at about $60 a month for all my craft stuff, but I have and do go over regularly. But Shhhh don't tell!
Old 07-03-2006, 01:07 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to Charmed

well, I dont order every month. Used to when I lived in the US or Canada, but as I now live in the UK, I am saving up for a HUGE order when I am next in the US. Will probably be around $450 plus tax & s/h

BUT..... I only get to do a SU order about twice a year, so it averages out to about $100 a month including tax. Of course, that is only about 60pounds because I earn in GBP living in the UK, and the exchange is wonderful for me Spend less, get more!

The only thing that would make life perfect, is if SU came to the UK
Old 07-03-2006, 01:16 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

I really like being in a club, where I'm making a smaller order every month, but have the assurance of at least one hostess bennie. It helps me keep from overspending, too, because I can plan my purchases. I've done it 3 times now, and now I really dislike ordering without being in a club. I'm spoiled!

My demo and a few others who usually "club" have moved in the past few months, so there's not much hope for that in my near future. Because of that, I'm thinking about making a $150 order fairly soon and getting the hostess benefits. If I do that, I won't purchase again until after Christmas.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2006, 01:16 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

I only place an order for myself when a new catty comes out, so probably only 4-5 orders a year. Each one is about 200-300 so I can get a new hostess set too.

My Gallery
Old 07-03-2006, 02:31 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

I use my demo profits... and I usually have to spend at least $100 for classes and new stamps... but it never comes out of pocket.

Old 07-03-2006, 03:56 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

BUDGET?? We're supposed to have a BUDGET?? What's that??? LOL I usually spend what I want, when I want....taking into consideration the amount of money in my checking account and the cc balance. I would say it probably averages out to be about $50-75 a month.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:01 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

I budget 60, but seem to always spend more!
SCS Member #772
My Gallery
Old 07-03-2006, 06:26 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

I have 50 a month for any special spending. This mostly goes to stamping but I try to keep at about $35-$40 in case I see something else I want.

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss." - Jonathan Larson
Old 07-03-2006, 06:34 PM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

I dont do the budget thing- I buy what I need / want when I need it for a swap or special card. I am blessed with a dh that lets me do what ever I want- he only cares that bills are paid. After that watch out!
Old 07-03-2006, 06:35 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Luckily I dont have one! As long as the bills are paid and there is food on the table I am free to get whatever I wish! Saying that I usually place a 150 order every 2-3 months and HL and Mikes tends to get a pretty penny every time I shop!!

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken
Old 07-03-2006, 06:37 PM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

i usually try and keep it to about $50ish...since i buy in a club i try and keep my spending consistent that way all the hostesses get a similar benefit...i just hate it when its my turn to be hosetss and nobody spends anything because nothing particularly exciting is happening...but i digress! i definetly plan out my order ahead of time. first i buy from whatever mini catalog is current and then from my big catty wish list. its soo much fun to make out the list at the begining of the year and then check it all off! (well as much as possible!)
Old 07-03-2006, 06:43 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

A budget? What is that? I guess I spend an average of $60 to $75 a month. I am in a club so I automatically spend $25.00. SOme months I just do that and others I do more and sometimes I have gift money so I go a little nuts... but if I average all that out it is about $60 to $75 a month. But with the new catty, and all the mini's.. who knows what my budget will be. I have yet to add up my wish list. BUt if you look at the tabs in my new catty... the wish list is a long one.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:31 PM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by calgramma
BUDGET?? We're supposed to have a BUDGET?? What's that??? LOL I usually spend what I want, when I want....taking into consideration the amount of money in my checking account and the cc balance. I would say it probably averages out to be about $50-75 a month.
ROFL! That's so me . . . budget??? What budget?!??!?!
The sad/scary part is that we keep our checkbook on the computer (microsoft money) and it TRACKS where I spend $$$! Sometimes toward the end of the month I'll cringe a little when it says month-to-date for leisure/stamping & scrapbooking is ____. I guess usually I spend around $300 a month on stamping and scrapping. Some months it's less and some it's more.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:35 PM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am now on spending freeze. Dh's request, not mine. Actually it's my fault that I'm on spending freeze. I have spent over $20,000 over the course of two years on scrapbooking and stamping! I'm horrible but I LOVE love it!
Old 07-03-2006, 08:39 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm on a budget right now DH is not working so now it's only going to be about $25 a month. When he gets back to working again then I usually spend about $100. But, there isn't a whole lot in this mew catty that I want. So, I think I'll be able to stay within my budget..LOL
Old 07-03-2006, 09:32 PM   #18  
Gabfest Goddess

Im up there with frankie about 300 or so a month. I am so bad.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:58 PM   #19  
Desmond's Darlin'

I think I probably spend about $170 per month...less lately, but if I average it all out...I haven't added everything up, I would probably be freaked out if I saw the real #

Old 07-03-2006, 10:02 PM   #20  
Crimping Master

My Stamping Budget is based on my sales and workshops. If I don't have a stamp-a-stack, I don't get to buy anything I am pretty good about not using any money "out of my pocket." KWIM? The only time I broke that rule was for the Spring Mini -- I "needed" a lot more than my revenue allowed.

My Little Blog . . .
Old 07-03-2006, 10:03 PM   #21  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by jestermann
I am now on spending freeze. Dh's request, not mine. Actually it's my fault that I'm on spending freeze. I have spent over $20,000 over the course of two years on scrapbooking and stamping! I'm horrible but I LOVE love it!
Uh, are ALL those zeroes supposed to be there????
Old 07-04-2006, 05:51 AM   #22  
Inking Addict

According to Quicken, I've been averaging about $45/month. What always depresses me is that many times I don't feel I can afford the stamp sets and embellishments I'd like becuase I need paper. If you don't have paper, you can't do anything I'm in a club, so I put in an order every month, which usually due to budget restraints I keep close to the $25 required, but this month I'm doing more ... I went through my paper supply last night and decided I'm stocking up on all the colors I need ... that alone came to over $100. Then I'm saving my pennies for September -- that's my month to be hostess Lucky for me, I handle the checkbook. I just have to remind myself not to complain when DH wants to buy a new computer/xbox game. Fairs fair after all.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:23 AM   #23  
Die Cut Diva

I didn't vote on the poll because my stamping budget depends on how much money is left over after the bills are paid. Lately, I haven't had much of a stamping budget. I didn't get some retiring sets because I didn't have money to spend in June. I hope that I can find them on here or on Evilbay.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:36 AM   #24  
Polyshrink Goddess

I dont' truly have a budget either, just depends on my Hormone level, how mad i am at my Husband, how much chocolate i have in my system, which way the wind is blowing, etc.

I am joining a $25 month SU club soon so that will be steady for 6 months what i spend over that will depend....
Old 07-04-2006, 06:49 AM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

20,000 in two years, good grief, that is more than I have to live on.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:03 AM   #26  
Gallery Gazer

I don't really have a budget for it either. Some months, gasp, I buy NOTHING. Others, if there's things I want and the $$ is there, I may spend more. I do try to limit my workshop spending at other peoples parties to about 25.00 unless its a good friend then I spend more. I don't go to many parties anymore though. I'm a SAHM, one income, I manage the money, and DH doesnt gripe cuz he knows I don't overspend.

Ok, an answer..I guess last year I maybe spent 500-750 all year on Stamping and scrapping...but Iwas a demo before that so I have a ton of stuff from previous years.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:15 AM   #27  
Mad Swapper

I haven't been asking..i have just been spending!! DH and I had a talk and he would like me to start using the money i make at the workshops to buy what i want. we are on one income..i am a sahm..and we have one little guy!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2006, 08:28 AM   #28  
Glitter Guru

Location: The weeds are popping up, and I'm having asthma issues

DH and I have a $50 rule. I'm allowed to spend $50 without consulting him. If I want to go over that, we have to agree on it. He's a bit of a push-over so I try not to take advantage. Also it works both ways with his Xbox games and computer toys. I buy way more clothes in a month or two than he does all year is another reason I try to be responsible. I knew I wanted to spend more in July so I gave my demo/sister a check for $50 in June but I didn't actually place an order. Now, that $50 will go towards my July order with my additional $50 so I'll feel like I'm splurging this month, but my average is still $50 per month. I usually place a big order in january for sell-a-bration because my birthday is in January so I have all of my Christmas cash plus my birthday loot. So, I just pace myself the rest of the year at $50 per month and then splurge in January. It works very well for me and my husband and our marriage.
Leah SCS Member #38898
His Holy Name Challenge http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/
Old 07-04-2006, 08:45 AM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm a hobby demo and some months I'm able to "live" off what my friends order (I didn't spend a dime of my own money in May or June, but got a total of $150 in free merchandise, plus the hostess sets) and I don't make "instant profit" because I pass my discount to my friends. I keep all hostess promos to myself and end up getting quite a bit from my wishlist. Some months, my group of friends don't even make the $150 workshop minimum, so I meet the balance easily with stuff I want. On those months, I spend up to $100-$120. Sometimes, I just want more stuff than others. Our monthly alotment is $100, but it's flexible given the months before. Technically, May and June's $200 should go toward this month, but my order so far is just around $100. I have a specific project in mind and I don't want to order something to distract myself from completing that.

Money out of pocket is a variable thing, but I never place an order that i don't at least get $50 worth of merchandise for myself, whether from hostess benefits or my own spending.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:51 PM   #30  
Glitter Guru

Not enough! Seriously, I'm not good about sticking to budgets. I try to spend cautiously and wisely; but I really am addicted; so buy what I like. Usually this time of the year with the new catalog is the worst for staying within a reasonable limit!
Web-site: