Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-01-2019, 12:27 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 51 Likes on 15 Posts
Default How Much Time to Make a Card?

Hello All,

I think I am a slow card maker, so I am curious to know how long it takes others to make a card. This would be from "I need a card" to putting it in the envelope (homemade).

I'm thinking of a card with no pre-made elements (bought or previously made)

My cards tend to be a hybrid of digital and physical, but I'm interested in the times it takes to make all types- simple to very complicated. Maybe I'm not as slow as I think.

I'm also interested in your design process- do you think it out first, and dive right in? Does your design come totally from your imagination or do you browse the internet, magazines etc?

Thanks!
~Linda
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2019, 12:39 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well... it varies considerably for me, both in time and process. There is no formula for me. Generally I do scroll through Pinterest, either my own saved boards of ideas or following a board of a theme or stamp set. A card will spark an idea in some way and I go from there. I probably have a colour palette in mind before anything else. Sometimes a card is a quick put together and sometimes it is a lengthy trial of this or that. I really can’t answer your question with any definitive conclusion! Maybe someone else has more of a reliable method
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2019, 01:12 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It takes me hours to make a card, and that's even with having preplanned and prepacked to take supplies to a crop.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2019, 02:25 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 288 Likes on 114 Posts

I'm another one whose time varies widely, but I've only made a couple - EVER - that took less than two hours! My process is also all over the place. Sometimes I have a solid idea and other times just some aspect that inspires me to start. Either way, the card goes through multiple evolutions before I get to the finished product. By way of example, I made two cards Friday. The first took over five hours and the second took just under two. If I'm attempting a new technique (like I did today), I can pretty much plan on at least doubling my time. As simple as the card was, it took me four hours to get anything I was even close to happy with...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2019, 07:15 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 654 Likes on 412 Posts

Depends,
if I am doing a challenge I tend to just go with the first thought in my head because, I have played in VSN type challenges with time limits too many times and most of my cards take less than an hour of assembly time.

that being said, when I have free time I tend to sit and color previously stamped images on cardstock with pencils. a with pencils a detailed image takes about 2 hours to color.

so, back to the assembly thing, I have a little wooden tray on my table that has those already colored images in clear envelopes sorted loosely by themes, Christmas, People, Flowers, Patriotic, Animals, Odd ball things. (there are maybe a handful of things colored in each envelope)

and in the file cabinet I have when ever I am in the mood or faced with a challenge to make a messy background I make 3 or 4 of them. so, in the file cabinet are previously made backgrounds. some heat embossed things. some stamped and diecut sentiments, tags. stuff like that.

so really the assembly time does not take me very long because, I know where things are and I used to get really irritated with that whole thought process of "Take Ten" and I would try really really hard to make 10 minute cards. ( never happened ever)

I think my quickest cards are more like take 20.

( from things I have already done ahead of time)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2019, 11:12 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,049 Likes on 809 Posts

Very variable in terms of time, I'd say it probably averages out around an hour. Something that's just a background, dies and a sentiment could come together in half an hour. I tend to batch-make backgrounds so there's a box on hand. I like colouring and I like fussy-cutting, so those both take time.

Sometimes I start with the person...the bench fold card, the coffee card and the die-cut wildflowers on black that I made this week all started out with a person in mind. Obviously that dictates the type of image to use and style of card. Even the bench fold came together fairly quickly, maybe an hour and a half. And sometimes I'm creating for one of the daily challenges here. But often I just want to use a particular stamp or die... sometimes something new, but equally it could be an older set. I usually have a couple sitting on my desk waiting to use.

Last edited by Cook22; 09-01-2019 at 11:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2019, 02:17 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I reckon this is like the 'how long is a piece of string' question! It will depend on the card I'm making. If, for instance I'm die cutting a front, then adding over some patterned paper, thats likely to take me less than half an hour.

Something like this.

Others, with lots of stamping/colouring/layers, have run into a couple of days!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2019, 05:05 AM   #8  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,377 Likes on 512 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild CowView Post

I'm also interested in your design process- do you think it out first, and dive right in? Does your design come totally from your imagination or do you browse the internet, magazines etc?

~Linda

I can be a slow cardmaker, if I allow myself the time. I find that the more time I give myself, the less satisfied I am with the finished product. That's because I overthink in those situations, and second-guess my design decisions.

When I put restraints on myself (i.e. I have 45 minutes to make this card, that's it! It's gotta go in the mail or I have to start dinner, etc.) the process goes much smoother. There's no time to analyze anything so the process becomes more intuitive rather than cerebral. The latter is great when I'm reading a book or solving crossword puzzles - not so great when I'm cardmaking!

My design process is a mix. I'm rusty starting out, so I like to begin with a sketch or color challenge, the hardest design components for me. As I get deeper into my crafting session, it's easier to come up with my own designs. I LOVE the challenges here on SCS and I also enjoy a magazine called Scrapbook & Cards Today. The magazine has wonderful ideas and a section of PageMaps and CardMaps that I use frequently.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2019, 06:18 AM   #9  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 585 Likes on 240 Posts

I am currently working on a big batch of cards for a charity auction. Then I am giving it up forever and just scrapbook until I die. It takes too long to come with the ideas, layouts, backgrounds, etc, then I look at it and throw it out. This frustration comes after doing it with relative ease, including hundreds of workshops and classes in my active SU! business demo days, for over 25 years. Time to pull the plug instead of pulling out my hair!
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2019, 06:26 AM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Hello All,

I think I am a slow card maker, so I am curious to know how long it takes others to make a card. This would be from "I need a card" to putting it in the envelope (homemade).

My cards tend to be a hybrid of digital and physical, but I'm interested in the times it takes to make all types- simple to very complicated. Maybe I'm not as slow as I think.

Thanks!
~Linda

Same questions for you, Linda?

Like for others, time varies hugely. Recently I made a card that took half a day, much die cutting and plopping die cuts on top. Then a similar one was made in 30-45 minutes.

Design inspiration may be from an on-line card, close but not copied. It might be from a color combo or texture or pattern from real life. (Years ago a fused glass instructor distributed color wheels so we’d deconstruct color schemes (and notice patterns) - from a sweater or upholstery at stores, a sunset, nature, bricks.) I might look at how manufacturers or bloggers use stamps and dies. But other times I don’t want to know.

Backgrounds are my jam: alcohol ink, Distress Oxides, watercolor, Zigs, gel prints, etc. A background will be grabbed to cut into pieces, use whole or die cut from.

Sometimes it’s luck. Ex: a detailed piece cut from a card front fell on top of a card, which sparked new ideas.

If I stay with a technique or design, more ideas emerge. The trick is staying with it and not flitting from thing to thing. I’ve considered giving myself an assignment of 2-4 weeks with a limited focus like that.

Sometimes more restrictions = more creativity for me. That happened in DTGD.

Last edited by bjeans; 09-02-2019 at 07:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2019, 07:36 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 288 Likes on 114 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
Sometimes more restrictions = more creativity for me. That happened in DTGD.
Amen! I was recently looking back at things I made a decade (or more) ago when I had less in my craft room and it was very eye-opening. I was (in my mind) SO much more creative back then! Consequently, I am in the midst of a HUGE purge because the excess of choices has me completely static unless I have a definite focus (like the "deck of cards" challenge Friday). I'm not getting rid of the excess quite yet, just setting it aside (in a box under the bed) to see if I miss any of it. If I haven't gone looking for anything in that box in the next several months, I will sell it off or give it away.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2019, 07:56 AM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
Amen! I was recently looking back at things I made a decade (or more) ago when I had less in my craft room and it was very eye-opening. I was (in my mind) SO much more creative back then! Consequently, I am in the midst of a HUGE purge because the excess of choices has me completely static unless I have a definite focus (like the "deck of cards" challenge Friday). I'm not getting rid of the excess quite yet, just setting it aside (in a box under the bed) to see if I miss any of it. If I haven't gone looking for anything in that box in the next several months, I will sell it off or give it away.

Ditto that! The abundance of supplies and techniques - a million gazillion possibilities - causes “overwhelm” as some call it, and like you, I freeze and make nothing.

In the DTGD challenges, the parameters of each challenge eliminated techniques, supplies and sometimes design. And it felt shockingly freeing. Structure rocks. ; )

Sometimes I think about writing all the mediums I use to make backgrounds on slips of paper and closing my eyes and picking one to just use that medium for a while, since I love all of them and can’t choose. Or doing the same for techniques. Or grabbing a die from a bin section - like full coverage or trees/flowers/leaves - and using it five times. Or ten. : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2019, 08:06 AM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 499 Likes on 221 Posts

If I have to come up with an idea...a looooong time.

If I have an idea as to what I want to do...I would imagine an hour would be average, longer if I'm going to color.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2019, 01:42 PM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I wish I could just sit down and go from start to finish. There are just too many distractions and interruptions and I don't know if that's an excuse or something I do to myself?!

Or if my DH sees I'm involved in something creative and it's not something that he's a part of!?
;)

Sometimes I tell myself I will work on some cards but only after I do something that's nagging me or needs to be done.

This is from someone who is retired and is supposed to have all the time in the world.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2019, 02:59 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

My cards don't generally take long, 1/2 to 2 hours, mainly because I although I love to see all the techniques, I'm much more into the SIP method, stamp-ink-paper. I'll often see something online, or in a magazine and will use it as a starting point for a card. Lately I've been into making simple sets of notecards with one stamp set as gifts for friends and family and I can knock out a card in 20 minutes once I decide on colors and design.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2019, 03:14 PM   #16  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as it takes.

Does it need lots of detail, colouring, layers, bling etc? That takes time.

Can I just stamp something simple? That's quicker.

Both are acceptable, both make me happy. It really comes down to who the card is for. Someone who appreciates my effort or someone who doesn't really care. Card making is my therapy, if others are concerned about how long I spend doing something then that issue is with them, not me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2019, 05:38 PM   #17  
Forum Fanatic

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Eye opening comments here...especially the ones about over abundance of choices making it difficult to settle on an idea for a card. I am definitely struggling with that. I love new stuff, however, it can distract me from using and enjoying older products.
It can take several hours, even days to make a specific card. However, while in the process of making the intended card I will often find myself veering off and starting another card. This is so annoying....at the same time, it can be really exciting to be hit with an idea that is so compelling, that I HAVE to drop what I am doing and make the card that is bouncing around in my head!

Real life example, last week I needed to make a get well card. I fiddled around for 3 days getting the card done. Every time I went to work on it, another card called-to-me to be created. I finally got the original card made and mailed. The totally satisfying part of my experience was the fun I had making the cards that I had no clue were going to be made!

I love it when creative mojo hits. :cool: I never know what sparks it, but when it calls I do my best to grab hold with both hands and enjoy the ride....even when it distracts me from what I intended to do. So undisciplined, but quite delightful to experience!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2019, 06:02 PM   #18  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I hope you see now you are not the slowest maker in the world.

I think the more you make, often it is a little easier in terms getting used to the physical technique. But the more you know, the more of a library you have in your head to pull from. Vets can get stuck.

I have read a lot that people who do challenges-it helps them in the cognitive area on their own for concepts.

Another varies here. Single image and sentiment CAS....least of course. Otherwise it could takes hours or days...also depends on how much time I have to play. Often limited. Could take me months to play with just an idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2019, 06:06 PM   #19  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Hello All,

Thanks!
~Linda
Well, I'll tell ya, it takes me at least 2-3 hours plus to do one card. I don't know *why* I'm so slow. And I don't hardly ever come up with the idea on my own--I could do that in scrapbooking, but not card making. I usually find an idea, then change it a little. I don't do any digital stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2019, 05:56 AM   #20  
Inking Addict

Received 51 Likes on 15 Posts

So interesting to read about other card makers's experiences. I am slow- sometimes it takes me all day (or the equivalent, I get distracted a lot too- like having to go to work.)

I think my "problem" is I keep making the card more complicated. For instance, If I am making a card for a special person I start with a photo of the two of us. Then I think "oh, I should make that look like a painting" so I open Photoshop and spend two hours to get it "just right". I print it out on a card base and decide it would be better to cut it out, put it in a frame (which I now have to design, print and cut out) and adhere to a base. Since the photo "painting" is now dimensional, the sentiment should be too. Now it needs "something"- how about a ribbon? The ribbon looks too plain, so let's try embossing it- no, doesn't look good, let's try crimping..... and so it goes.

It's also fun to try something new, so like Sue, that adds time.

In general, I don't care how long it takes; it's a hobby, not a job. But sometimes I need a card soon so I get stressed. This past Saturday my daughter asked me to make a congratulations card for a wedding/house warming that she needed Sunday. She wanted a Mason Jar shaker card with shaker keys and hearts in a certain color combination. Easy, right? Well, I had to find a mason jar shape and key and heart shapes, and convert them into cutting files. Cut them out with my scan 'n and cut (love that machine), make dimensional paper flowers, make the shaker, print out the sentiment etc. The "simple" card took me ten hours! OK, I admit I made a few detours [a girl has to eat (and watch hurricane coverage)] but still....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2019, 07:09 AM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 499 Likes on 221 Posts

I thought I'd throw a thought out into the discussion. I have some pictures of cards from catalogs that I thought were idea-generators for me that are stacked in a small box. Lately I have been pulling a couple of them out (whatever might strike my fancy...or just a random one) and then making a card inspired by one or the other. I don't usually have the exact stamps or whatever, but I take my style and my stamps and make something similar. I get cards done this way and I don't agonize over what to make. My cards don't take anywhere near as long this way.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2019, 09:48 AM   #22  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

It takes me the longest to decide what to say in a card. I create for each person and each event. I check my saved postings on Pinterest for ideas then adjust them to fit the situation. Once I decide on sentiment and visual it may take me one hour or 5! I have been known to make 16 cards in one LONG day. All the same, all fairly simple.
I Do Not Like challenges because I would be creating for no reason. Plus, I don't know how to get photos out of my phone and into my computer to post anywhere.
If I'm creating for give-away (Like Cards for Soldiers) I can do very fast, because there is no decision as to what to say...Hello, Happy Birthday, Miss You, etc and nothing on the inside.
Fun thread to hear everyone's process.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2019, 01:17 PM   #23  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,049 Likes on 809 Posts

I often use the challenges to create cards that I need for a specific purpose, and otherwise they go into my stash but I don't see them as creating for no reason. I certainly don't make any that I don't anticipate being able to use. Jennifrann is ace at using the daily challenges to make cards that she needs.

You should be able to upload from your phone, if you like to, it's fairly straightforward. Although I usually email camera photos to myself so that I can edit them on the PC and add a watermark.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2019, 03:40 PM   #24  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

Key word for me and computers is "should".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2019, 03:42 AM   #25  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Around 1 hour from concept to finished card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2019, 04:27 AM   #26  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

If I'm watercoloring a large image like the one I'm posting tonight it can take five hours or even more - sometimes spread over a few days, which I enjoy thoroughly. But I do most of my design work in my head away from my desk, so for non-watercolor cards mostly less than half an hour.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2019, 06:27 AM   #27  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Everyone has their methods. I make a list of cards that will be needed for a month; keep it posted in front of me. I check my pinterest board for cards that I admire; look at color combos, arrangements, techniques and then start pulling items from my stash. I pile up a few options, paper, embellishments, inks, stamps, dies..whatever I was inspired by. I would say it takes me a 2-3 hr. to complete that card or series of cards, I usually don't make duplicates unless I think it could be used soon for another reason. I do make several sympathy cards at a time to keep on hand, otherwise no duplicates. When I start making Christmas cards (which should be this month), I will make 4-5 of the same and then move on to different design. I agree, it is a hobby so I make cards when I am inspired, keeping my list in mind. I also do mixed-media art and watercoloring, Junk Journal making, etc. Should be scrapbooking, but that has been put on back burner for a couple of years. I am pressuring myself to get it back in gear and get those years caught up. Too much to do, so little time!!!

Eloise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2019, 07:53 AM   #28  
Inking Addict

It varies with what i'm making and how much time I have.. I step in and out of my craft room a lot so don't give myself a time limit.. It could take a day or two or a week. I hate making the inside of a card so I usually stop after the outside, too, and will get back to it later and sometimes the next day... and an idea for the inside usually comes to me then.. The only take I really make a quick card is if I am duplicating it but then I might change it up a bit, too. I rarely make duplicates, though, so it take me time to think it out from start to finish...but that's the fun of it for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2019, 08:01 AM   #29  
Insane Embellisher

Received 173 Likes on 95 Posts

I have been a card maker over 40 years... started with hand stitched on construction paper and evolved into todays stamps and dies.. I am retired and recently widowed, so I have a lot of time to work on my cards. I have a card ministry and do all the cards for our local church (birthdays, anniversaries, get well, praying for you, etc) and make cards a month at a time for church. For my personal use, I make cards almost daily, most are assembly line type cause I can't just seem to do one of each kind. I can cut multiple dies, but maybe change the background or the final design of the cards. They can take anywhere from 1/2 hour to over an hour for single cards then I just make my assembly line ones. For Christmas, through trial and error, I make one design a year and make about 75 cards. I get ideas from Pinterest or you tube... or my buddy Theresa in California. She is fantastic at coming up with beautiful cards, I just duplicate some of hers making only slight changes. It is an expensive hobby in the long run, but very peaceful for me.. paper crafting has always been my passion since I was a teenager. To me, it doesn't matter how long it takes to make a card... it's the finished product that counts to me.

Happy Crafting !
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2019, 09:21 AM   #30  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

What a great question. Thanks for starting this thread. Sometimes I get one made in an hour, other times so, so much longer, lol.....

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2019, 09:31 AM   #31  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

HA! HA! HA! Yes, I am a "SLOW" card maker too!!!! ;) I like to GET INTO my card making! It CAN take ALL DAY for one card for me, if I let it. I usually like to do water coloring, which takes time in itself. I usually make cards out of my own ideas, or those spurred on by images/stamps I like. I don't search the internet for ideas. I used to come over & use the sketches, but not so much anymore. I do like to use them at times though! But I WILL SAY, I SO ADMIRE those that can whip out some NICE CAS cards! I try those every so often too! I TRY to focus on the easiness of being mailed! That way, they get mailed! LOL ;)<3
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2019, 11:44 AM   #32  
Insane Embellisher

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I take about an hour for a card, therefore try to make several, assembly line. I see ideas on Pinterest or SCS, etc, gather all the cardstock, stamps and ink, then go for it.
I get together with 2 card groups each month, if I'm not out of town. I sometimes love one of their cards so much that I try to make something similar. It's my turn to do the "kit" for the club about once every 8 months or so. I really love different folds, like the bridge fold, easel cards, pop up cards and so on. They really get a wow from the recipient.
My BIG problem is putting things away! Since my hubby passed and doesn't ask me about the mess anymore, I just leave a lot of the items out. Like Paper cutter, cuttlebug, score board, and an assortment of card stock. UGH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2019, 03:43 PM   #33  
Kookie Creator

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

It depends on how long it takes my card to make up its mind on what it is going to look like when it is done. I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but there are times when a card is just not satisfied with how I thought it was going to look, and makes me change and do something else. Or add something else. Or change a foundational piece.
And there are times when I finally give it the side-eye and say "knock it off - you get one more change and then you are DONE!" And usually that does it.
But I have to admit - the changes are almost always worth it. Sigh.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2019, 04:30 PM   #34  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Unless I’m using a card kit with lots of premade images, which is quick for me, I’d say 1.5-2 hours. More if there is a lot of colouring, painting, making my own background or adding calligraphy to the envelope.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2019, 07:27 PM   #35  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

RE the design process.....Sometimes, I think it out, sometimes I do dive in, and in the process of doing that I get different ideas as I go along.

Another perk of having an idea and looking through papers for instance, I came across some tape I had been missing and an ink pad I had not been missing yet, lol...All good!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2019, 08:16 AM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

It is really hard to say how long it takes. Sometimes I can sit down, grab a stamp set and just go with it. Other times I am on plan C before the card looks the way I want it to. I am also pickier if I am making a card for a fellow stamper vs. someone I am pretty sure is just going to toss it.
Laurie's Cards & Ramblings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2019, 09:24 AM   #37  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I need it right away I can do it over night. If I don't have to I take as long as I please. Lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2019, 03:19 PM   #38  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

First one can take hours and hours! A virtual duplicate is much much less time! Basically, it's the design process that's so time consuming...BUT that's half the fun! I don't go into my craft room to crank out cards...but to enjoy the process.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2019, 03:34 PM   #39  
Kookie Creator

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mphbView Post
First one can take hours and hours! A virtual duplicate is much much less time! Basically, it's the design process that's so time consuming...BUT that's half the fun! I don't go into my craft room to crank out cards...but to enjoy the process.
Exactly!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2019, 08:56 AM   #40  
Glitter Queen

Default Time for cards.

I try never to make one card at a time. It takes me only a few minutes more to make three cards instead of one. Often the same card can be used for different occasions. It usually takes at least an hour.

I also have background sessions where I use alcohol inks, distress ink, etc. and make a lot at once. I do the same with stamping images and coloring. This way there can be a starting point when I need a card.
Reply With Quote Likes