Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-25-2007, 05:18 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Define Your Life - what are your thoughts

when i first saw the new catalog i REALLY loved that set, but iam torn about it.

what are your thoughts?

i know ... if you devide the ammount of stamps for the price you are paying it is not that much but still.. price is a factor plus... do you think this is more a set for scrapbooking rather than cards?

iam just not sure how versatile this one REALLY is.

thanks for your opinion. i cant wait to read what you think

claudia

My SCS Gallery
My blog
: Pretty Pressings
Designer for Magnolia, Sweden, Lili of the Valley and Sir Stampalot
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2007, 05:24 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

I am trying to decide on this set also, Claudia. I have the same thoughts as you. I also, found that after using Lexicon of Love for a while, I was somewhat done with it.

I don't use words on a card all that often, ordinarily, so I hesitate to spring for the set. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2007, 05:28 AM   #3  
Glitter Guru

It's beautiful and I want it! I think I would use it alot for scrapbooking stuff....smaller sized scrapbooks (which I do alot of) and stuff.
Faerey Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2007, 07:36 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

It was one of the sets I really wanted on first look through the catalog - and there are some really awesome samples in the gallery which aren't helping...

but I held off because I would need to use it a LOT to justify the expense. I do agree that when you break it down stamp by stamp it's not that bad, but I can't buy it stamp by stamp KWIM?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2007, 07:45 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am thinking along those lines too. Canadian price is 68.95 plus tax. I have a hard time thinking I would use it enough to justify that kind of price. But there are a few of them that I really like. A thought I have had that I likely won't follow through on, but could work, is: is there a friend or two that also like the set and might use different ones than you would use. You could split the set and the cost, knowing you can still 'borrow' back and forth.

I don't know. I am sure I won't be buying this one, even though I do like it. Just too expensive. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2007, 07:48 AM   #6  
ch
Mad Swapper

It is on my list!! I've seen some awesome ideas for it! Now--I just need the cash!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2007, 08:38 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Gee, when I saw the title, I thought you wanted us to really define "our" lives!!! Whew. Glad I don't have to do that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2007, 08:39 AM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

I got this set with hostess $$ because I thought it was SO wonderful. I still think it's wonderful except for one thing - double mounting on blocks. :confused: I hate using stamps that have more than one piece of rubber on them! Another thing I really dislike about how SU marketed this set is the stupid little stickers that you can't read and that don't tell you what the stamp says....how annoying is that??? VERY!!!:rolleyes:

I have been in a stall-mode getting this set mounted because of the above mentioned "issues". Today's goal will be to choose 14 of the definitions that I think I will use most often and mount them on the blocks that came with the set - the remaining 14 blocks will likely be remounted on cling-foam and put in a separate case with an index sheet. To create my own individual stickers for each stamp, I will probably stamp the image on laminating plastic with Stazon and then adhere that to the top of the stamp. What a pain in the patoot, but I can't think of a better way to do it.

SU flubbed up with the Definitions set in more ways than one, in my opinion. They need to repackage the set and sell it in 2 or 3 packages with blocks and full-sized stickers for each stamp. And they should put it in the catalog with other sentiment sets rather than hide it in the back with the alphabet sets....and lastly, they should make the images in the catalog full-sized rather than 40%. There wasn't one guest at my party that was able to easily read the definitions as they appeared in the catalog - a sure sign that the marketing for this set was poorly implemented. Just my 2 cents! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2007, 09:04 AM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got this set with hostess $$ because I thought it was SO wonderful. I still think it's wonderful except for one thing - double mounting on blocks. I hate using stamps that have more than one piece of rubber on them! Another thing I really dislike about how SU marketed this set is the stupid little stickers that you can't read and that don't tell you what the stamp says....how annoying is that??? VERY!!!

Ooooohhh! I'm glad you mentioned these mounting details. I didn't know that is how they come, haven't looked into the set that carefully. That makes me even less likely to persue this set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2007, 09:08 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

I double mounted this, but will probably convert it all to cling foam in the future.
It's really nice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2007, 09:28 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was taken aback at the labels, too, because I am used to seeing what the whole stamp says. I solved this by copying the catalog page to keep in the case. Not perfect, but it works for me. I just know that I really have a hard time storing the really big stamp cases, so double mounting is the lesser of two evils, even if it means no full label.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2007, 09:33 AM   #12  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
I solved this by copying the catalog page to keep in the case. Not perfect, but it works for me.
Works for me too--this is exactly what I did.

I love this set and have used it a bunch already. It was on my first new catalog order. I think it's really versatile for card-making and scrapbooking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2007, 10:06 AM   #13  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Someone provided a typed out page with the definitions also, and I printed this out for my own use.
I think it's a great set, and while the labels are lacking, I am indifferent to the mounting. I do think it's versatile, I can easily see using this set for both card making and scrap booking. I have already used it several times for cards, now maybe I will challenge myself to a page using it.

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes