Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   How many of you are now Project Life junkies because of Stampin Up? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/how-many-you-now-project-life-junkies-because-stampin-up-589794/)

chiyanne1 07-14-2014 04:01 PM

How many of you are now Project Life junkies because of Stampin Up?

Raising my hand high and maybe waving it back and forth with a big ole smile :) ..love this form of scrapbooking :)

Denverkat276 07-14-2014 09:50 PM

I just can't get into PL. I don't know why.

RJP111 07-15-2014 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denverkat276 (Post 20692638)

Same here.

Then again, I never was a scrapbooker so maybe that's it for me.

lesliespringer 07-15-2014 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denverkat276 (Post 20692638)

Same here

Skippet 07-15-2014 09:40 AM

While I have done a couple of Project Life projects, it had nothing to do with Stampin Up being an influence. Project Life has been around for years & I personally believe is on the downslide of the slope. Stampin Up came pretty late to the party as they just came out with a Project Life line this last catalog. I believe that details and personalization make or break a project & could not get my Project Life albums to look anything special or like I had spent any time or good care on them.

-

bb&kk 07-15-2014 12:21 PM

Raising hand, I am. But I will admit I use the PL stuff on cards too. I am not much of a scrapper.

lesliespringer 07-15-2014 02:51 PM

Two months ago all the PL stuff was on sale at Michaels, Hobby Lobby and Joannes 50-70% off. I thought then that was the demise of PL.

Personal I did not find any of the packets worth my interest. All the designs just were not "me"

Stampin Up came very late to PL trend/phase.

Allistamps123 07-15-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringer (Post 20693346)
Two months ago all the PL stuff was on sale at Michaels, Hobby Lobby and Joannes 50-70% off. I thought then that was the demise of PL.

Personal I did not find any of the packets worth my interest. All the designs just were not "me"

I saw the same clearance at my local Mike's and HL and thought the same thing about it going out of favor. I saw the best knock off at Target about the same time by We R memory keepers that I adore! I could fill albums after albums with these minty, peachy, sunshine tones! I also love the graphics. The prices were awesome and they were not on clearance or even on sale.

I love most things SU, but I won't be buying the PL products. I think SU announcing PL got me thinking about this type of scrapbooking again and put it on my radar. So in a round about way I got interested in PL type S. booking because of SU!

329shana 07-15-2014 06:05 PM

Yes! Me me me! Never gave it a second look until now. Now I'm obsessed! :)

SophieLaFontaine 07-15-2014 08:17 PM

I'm slightly tempted every time I see Project Life stuff at Michael's, but I just don't have any time!

Denverkat276 07-15-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJP111 (Post 20692721)
Same here.

Then again, I never was a scrapbooker so maybe that's it for me.

I'm a scraper for sure... plus I love mini albums. I like more interactive and less plastic sleeves. lol

maryrose 07-16-2014 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringer (Post 20693346)

I really have to wonder if Becky Higgins signed some sort of exclusivity contract with SU. It was as if it got announced that PL was pairing with SU, and then suddenly it was dropped everywhere else (including online stores, like Ellen Hutson).

Curious.

Minders 07-16-2014 05:08 AM

I think I'm going to be much better about scrapping both old and new photos and I'm excited! Terrible about scrapping otherwise...I always say, yeah I'll get around to it. I'm mainly excited for the baby kit as I'm due in a few weeks and may even take it to the hospital so I can journal right then and there! I'm really looking forward to documenting his life in a super easy way!!!!

Minders 07-16-2014 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryrose (Post 20693676)
I really have to wonder if Becky Higgins signed some sort of exclusivity contract with SU. It was as if it got announced that PL was pairing with SU, and then suddenly it was dropped everywhere else (including online stores, like Ellen Hutson).

Curious.

She has partnered with SU but it's not going anywhere at all the other places too. She just offers the exclusive SU designs with Su so they can't be found elsewhere. No worries!

Denverkat276 07-16-2014 08:33 PM

Yea, I saw a lot that went on clearance at both hobby lobby and michaels, but bam they got it back in... I don't know what's up with it. It only seems to rotate with clearance.

Kate Stamps 07-17-2014 06:34 PM

I do lots of scrapbooking and I did one year of a project life, but made all my own cards, etc. I will never do another one. I like just regular scrapbooking and making all my own pages.

klh54 07-17-2014 07:36 PM

I really thought I would like doing PL style scrapbooks...less page to cover, more controlled and concise scrapping, I really thought I'd feel more free, but after doing a baby book PL style for my daughter's second baby girl I just found I felt stifled more than freed up. It's probably my age...I'm no 30 something anymore! Far from it....hahaha

chiyanne1 07-17-2014 09:03 PM

I'm a part of a lot of PL forums on FB and I can assure you these women are die hard PL junkies..so I can safely say it's not going anywhere LOL!!! I believe everyday a new PL junkie is born :) if you type in Process Videos on YouTube, now these women have talent, they have the same cards we all do but they make them extra special..so just because we all have the same cards doesn't mean they will be plain and boring..your pictures are what matters the most, the rest are just "fillers" :) :) and now with this way of scrapbooking I have 1 12x12 vacation album done and ready to view :) and 3 more 12x12's that I am working on..love it! we are so excited to see our pictures again, instead of being in the Cropper Hopper casket....so this has been awesome and I really am glad SU brought this to my attention :)

chiyanne1 07-17-2014 09:04 PM

O and I started at the end of May :)

klh54 07-18-2014 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiyanne1 (Post 20695218)
I'm a part of a lot of PL forums on FB and I can assure you these women are die hard PL junkies..so I can safely say it's not going anywhere LOL!!! I believe everyday a new PL junkie is born :) if you type in Process Videos on YouTube, now these women have talent, they have the same cards we all do but they make them extra special..so just because we all have the same cards doesn't mean they will be plain and boring..your pictures are what matters the most, the rest are just "fillers" :) :) and now with this way of scrapbooking I have 1 12x12 vacation album done and ready to view :) and 3 more 12x12's that I am working on..love it! we are so excited to see our pictures again, instead of being in the Cropper Hopper casket....so this has been awesome and I really am glad SU brought this to my attention :)

Isn't it awesome when you find a style you really like?! I do wish I liked PL but I'm so very glad you do! Congrats on finishing one with three more in the works!!

sarashep 07-18-2014 05:52 PM

I had never heard of PL until SU started carrying it..I just got my first one and so far really like it!!