Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   How many stamps do you have??? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/how-many-stamps-do-you-have-253114/)

vronica 05-30-2007 04:37 AM

How many stamps do you have???

I'm so curious......lol
Do you buy sets, mounted, unmounted...?
Do you tend to buy from two or three companies......or do you just brouse and pick what you like?

I mostly have unmounted stamps......this much cheaper over here in Europe than the wood mounted.
I buy from several companies, but have my favourites: Housemouse, penny black, stampsmith, third coast, stampendous.........also love the BELLA stamps and the stamping UP (haven't found a retailer over here yet)

Vronica;)

krabearkub 05-30-2007 05:05 AM

individual stamps - I have over 2000.
most of those are sets - 250+

I prefer mounted. fav brands are stampin' up, gina k., & autumn leaves.

danalangdon 05-30-2007 05:27 AM

Hmmm...that would depend on who is asking...

If DH wants to know, I would say, "Oh, you know, I have several sets and a few loose ones..."

If ya'll want to know - I am still kinda new at this (really getting into stamping for the last 6-8 months) and have 56 SU! sets and 50+ loose stamps.

Sshhh. Don't encourage him to come in and count :)

Mahloumel 05-30-2007 05:36 AM

I have WM, clear, and UM rubber stamps, both in sets and individually. I prefer UM, and buying in sets.

Before yesterday, I would guess that I had a total of ~350 individual stamps, which are a mix of ~20 stamp sets and stamps bought as singles. But, yesterday I received two grab bags of unmounted rubber dies from Viva Las Vegas Stamps, so now I would have to guess I have ~525 individual stamps.

stitchen_tigger 05-30-2007 05:38 AM

Ummmm -- can I refuse to answer on the grounds of self-incrimination? :rolleyes:

The majority of mine are Stampin' Up but I have unmounted them. I started with SU, but have branched out. My collection of CTMH has grown exponentially in the past few weeks since I signed up to be a consultant for them :rolleyes:

Basically I buy a stamp if it's one I "think" I will use. Gotta work a bit more on those thought processes sometimes.

jordin123 05-30-2007 05:40 AM

I think I am at around 8000.

Mahloumel 05-30-2007 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vronica (Post 5951314)
Do you tend to buy from two or three companies......or do you just brouse and pick what you like?

Oops, forgot to answer this part. :) I have found some favourite companies (VLVS, Cornish Heritage Farms, Autumn Leaves, TAC) but am always browsing around and adding to my wishlist.

NavyWifeArmyMom 05-30-2007 06:07 AM

Right now I have over 136 SU! Sets and about 10 wheels. I had 36 sets retire but I am keeping most of those. I have a couple of House Mouse sets (love those little guys), and about 5 or 6 sets from The Angel Company. I just ordered 5 Bellas - I'm SOOOOOO excited to get them! I also have a couple of small alphabet sets and about 10 individual Christmas stamps.

I've never actually counted how many STAMPS I have, most of mine are sets Though I am an SU! demo (mainly hobby), I buy from whoever has stamps that I like!
Rhonda

MOTORMOUTH 05-30-2007 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordin123 (Post 5951988)

whew, I don't feel so bad at all now !! Thought I had a real seriuos problem (read addiction), but I'm not that bad at all ...teehee:p

austamper 05-30-2007 06:58 AM

I'm still so new. I probably have a totle of 20 loose stamps. I just ordered my first SU! set and a TAC set. :D

austamper 05-30-2007 06:58 AM

Dang...can't edit. That's supposed to be TOTAL... not Totle. :P

Zindorf 05-30-2007 07:03 AM

260 SU Sets, probably 100 loose.

DisneyDoll 05-30-2007 08:07 AM

I don't even know.....and you CAN'T make me count! Ha, ha! 1, 2, 3......2,500....3,000......uh, something like that!

jeanstamping2 05-30-2007 08:53 AM

I have 54 TAC stamp set's. Because I demo for them. 16 SU stamp set's, and I love SU floral and Nature Stamps

1 set of Pink Cat Studio's, Just got one stamp set this past weeek. Cat's of course. I love Cat's!

4 Clear Stamp sets from CTMH, and other.

Loose Stamps I have about 65

diannep575 05-30-2007 09:25 AM

Welllll......... Currently I have 380 SU sets.... I also have 3 iris carts that have all of my loose stamps from other companies. Have probably about 25 um sets .... Wood mounted will always be my favorite but I have the room for them. And NO I do not have an addiction problem :)

propecia 05-30-2007 09:26 AM

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I may incriminate myself! :roll:

Babsnelson 05-30-2007 09:48 AM

How many do I have? - Not enough!

emmiestamps 05-30-2007 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propecia (Post 5954868)
I refuse to answer on the grounds that I may incriminate myself! :roll:

I'm with you!

K. Benko 05-30-2007 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordin123 (Post 5951988)

Are those all loose stamps or are you counting your sets individual. Man thats a lot of stamps.
I think I have about 100 SU set, 50 loose, 5 Papertrey sets, 2 Fancy Pants, and about 30 CTMH sets. I think thats all of them.
Kathy

dottiejdavis 05-30-2007 10:12 AM

My Darling Hubby tells me to get stamps I need to make a certain card. Gosh, how I love that man. So, I have about 4-500 mounted stamps, 10 SU sets, a few alphabet stamps and a few clear stamps. It doesn't seem like that much when they are tucked away in the drawers, though. lol Sometimes I feel funny about buying several stamps at one time, but when tell DH that he tells me not to worry. He has a motorcycle and doesn't feel guilty about his investment. So, it is on an individual basis whether you have to much or too few, and where your priorities are. Food comes first!!!

MrsFig 05-30-2007 10:37 AM

I discovered SU about two years ago and now I have 83 SU sets, 6 sets when CTMH was D.O.T.S. and 65 misc stamps. A few years ago I have my sister and sister in law close to 150-200 misc stamps that I never used. And I just sent my paperwork in last week to become a SU Demo so that will be adding another 6 sets to my 83! One can never have too many!

nikkii 05-30-2007 11:17 AM

Yikes! I have too many, but not near enough. I was somewhere around 3500 a couple of years ago, but that was before SU, TAC, Autumn Leaves, a few trips to Vegas, etc. It's really best that I don't know, that way if I'm ever tortured for the information I can't give up what I don't know. It's just safer this way.

Nikkii
I try never to let housework interfere with stamping

Stampaholic2004 05-30-2007 11:19 AM

I think maybe 300 or so SU stamp sets? not sure if I want to know!

scrapwithyou 05-30-2007 11:22 AM

I'll be the FIRST to admit I have TOOOO many sets of stamps..... been collecting for the past 14 years.... always bought Stampin' Up or D.O.T.S., but recently came upon the unmounted TAC stamps and LOVE them, too.

I'd love to know how everyone stores their precious little pieces :)

GarnetJ 05-30-2007 11:31 AM

Who Me??????

http://www.millan.net/minimations/to...ple_grammy.gif You think I could count that high?

cindy_canada 05-30-2007 11:35 AM

I used to buy individual stamps and a alphabet sets when I first got into scrapbooking. I would just buy whatever I liked at local stores. I barely used those stamps and now, I realize it's because you can't get much use out of a single stamp if you don't have anything else to coordinate it with.

Then I discovered Stampin' Up! and I really got into stamping. I buy mostly from this company, with the exception of a couple of other things here and there when something really strikes my fancy. I do have a look at what other stamp companies have to offer (Bellas, Stampendous, etc.) but I can't buy those locally and paying shipping on a single stamp is always a big turnoff, so that's the main reason why I don't indulge more.

I don't know the exact number of stamps I own and I'm kind of scared to find out, but I did count 997 stamps for the catalogue and the last three minis alone. Add to that the retired set and non-SU! stamps... I'm sure you can double this number, at least.

I've tried unmounted and acrylic stamps before but I never could really get into it. I definitely see how the UM system is full of potential (space and organization-wise), but as much as I tried to convince myself I liked it, I really couldn't. It's really just a matter of personal preferences. I think I like that mounted stamps are just ink-and-go.

Cindy :)

tamiw3p 05-30-2007 12:26 PM

Ummmm. I would have to get back to you on the SU sets until I get mine from my ISO. Right now since I just got my order from SU yesterday I have only 12 SU sets, still new to SU. I don't have a certain way I like my stamps I have both UM (use my clear block) and WM, no clear.

But been buying individual stamps from websites such as stamp by impressions(WM), Posh (EZ-mount), Fairiesong (UM stamps), and stampin place (UM and WM). I also buy from HL (when either on clearence or on sale for 50% off). To count those it would be about close to 200 stamps right now.

Happy Stampin,
Tami

Pickled-Tink 05-30-2007 01:54 PM

Too many to count. I started collecting back in 1992.... and have spent enough to affect the GNP.... I prefer wood mounted, as I like the company name on the stamp. I store my stamps on shelves so I can see them, as its easier for me to choose what I want to use when I make a card... Another reason I like wood is I have as much money in them as some have in their Precious Moments figurine collections... So many great companies are no longer in business, or have changed names, so I look at them as collectors pieces... I guess my favorite line is High Hopes, then I like Whipper Snapper, Inky Antics, Stampassions (are they out of business?), Darcie's Country Folk (who's gone unmounted...ARGH), Pink Cat Studio, Magnolia.... I prefer funky, cute, whimsical and fun to create with, but love seeing what others do with pretty florals and more sophisticated designs...

Anemone 05-30-2007 03:41 PM

Too many!

AND

NOT ENOUGH! :)

JBgreendawn 05-30-2007 03:48 PM

I plead the fifth amendment...
(as my answer may incriminate me)
;)

BadSherry 05-30-2007 04:09 PM

Can you ever have too many stamps http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...uhsmileyf3.gif

I have way too many to count and really don't want to start now. I have mounted and unmounted. I buy what I like but have mainly SU even though I find that I'm leaning more and more to the unmounted and am buying more and more of them!

LateBlossom 05-30-2007 04:38 PM

Too many to count, but never too many, LOL! I don't really want to know, but I know it's well over 1,250 (the last time I counted, a while ago). I have about 75 SU! sets, and most of the rest are Hero Arts. I mainly stick to those two companies, though I do have just a few Autumn Leaves clear sets and some left-overs from when I was just getting started and only bought on sale at Hobby Lobby.

I prefer mounted rubber over clear or unmounted. And I prefer buying sets or stamps that are designed to coordinate with each other. I study the SU and Hero Arts catties carefully and only buy what I absolutely must have. I'm getting much better about not buying on impulse and am subsequently using what I buy much more.

The Paper Trey, Bellas, and GinaK stamps are getting mighty tempting, though.

jpmayo 05-30-2007 05:47 PM

I just counted them for the first time and it isnt as bad as I thought:)
These are just SU! stamps, I have been stamping for 15 months and I have 697 stamps and 96 stamp sets!
I didnt count all the Michael's $1 stamps or my 1 Bella and my My Favorite Things stamps because I am too tired to get them out!

kellyklp 05-30-2007 06:23 PM

I own 246 SU! stamp sets. I own 10 sets of CTMH, all the Studio G clear sets, all the Rhonna clear stamps, and about 100 $ stamps. I need help :0)

Stampingwithkids 05-30-2007 06:29 PM

Okay I just counted. I have 43 SU sets 36 CTMH sets, and 21 individual stamps. Please don't tell my DH, he is good enough now to simply ignore that part of the kitchen.

stitchinstampin 05-30-2007 06:33 PM

Never can have enough that is for sure!

I have close to 100 SU sets
probably 100 loose stamps......

I mainly purchase from Stampin Up
but love those House Mouse stamps...... :)

JampsterStampster 05-30-2007 09:18 PM

I couldn't possibly count them, but they fill 11 albums. I have an average of 3 sets per page, but not all are set, many were individuals. An average of 8 pages per album.

vronica 05-31-2007 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDoll (Post 5953912)
I don't even know.....and you CAN'T make me count! Ha, ha! 1, 2, 3......2,500....3,000......uh, something like that!

Too funny:rolleyes:
haha

Vronica;)

Ireland 05-31-2007 04:10 AM

I have a lot.
I don't want to count...
I don't want to feel any guilt LOL

Majority are SU WM - love buying in sets and as a hobby demo love the discount :)
Many others from various companies - I buy what I like regardless of company.... I have Judikins, Stampscapes, Wordsworth, Stampington, Stampers Anonymous, Cornish Hens, Purple Onion.... a lot.

I also just bought Acrylic blocks, 2 Fancy Pants sets, 2 Autumn Leaves sets and like them, too - but think I still prefer WM.

larue 05-31-2007 04:49 AM

Too many!