Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   How many stamp sets? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/how-many-stamp-sets-56907/)

cheddar30 06-04-2005 04:53 PM

How many stamp sets?

I was curious about how many stamp sets people actually have. I think I have a lot at over 150 sets, but I am not sure how that really compare with everyone else. Thought it would be fun to find out!!

I just wanted to add a funfact, of the 280 people that have voted we have clocked in at having over 27,000 sets of stamps, WOW!!

Kerilou 06-04-2005 05:15 PM

i have been stamping for a little over 2 years...I have 42 sets, with 5 more on the way....

Vintage Redhead 06-04-2005 05:17 PM

Hmmm.....Depends on who you ask!!!

I'm of the opinion that I'll never have enough. Not that I could ever possibly finish all of the projects that are right now, right this minute, in my head with the sets I already have...this leaves no account for what could possibly pop into my head in 10 with these stamps, over the next several months with new sets. Do they make medication for this??!!

Now, if you ask DH the same question: He'll roll his eyes, and respond something to the effect of "...to *$&#!^@ many!!..."

Ahhhh, perspective. Isn't it a marvelous thing? ~ K

CardFanatic 06-04-2005 05:19 PM

I started collecting in the fall of 2003. I have 42 sets with another on the way. I'm part of a stamping group that meets every few weeks and we take turns being the hostess. I'm having my first SU party in a couple of weeks. Every few days I look at the catty to really decide which retiring set I want to get. I am so hooked.

ccarol 06-04-2005 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaylynConover
I'm of the opinion that I'll never have enough. Not that I could ever possibly finish all of the projects that are right now, right this minute, in my head with the sets I already have...this leaves no account for what could possibly pop into my head in 10 with these stamps, over the next several months with new sets. Do they make medication for this??!!

Now, if you ask DH the same question: He'll roll his eyes, and respond something to the effect of "...to *$&#!^@ many!!..."

Ahhhh, perspective. Isn't it a marvelous thing? ~ K

My DH would have the same response - my philosophy is this is cheaper than therapy and I have something to show for it! As for me - I have 49 sets and 5 more on the way - I hope they don't make medication for this and if there is a 12 step program I don't want to know about it!

stamps&cars 06-04-2005 05:29 PM

Your DH's actually KNOW how many you have? I just don't tell!! Since I have been stamping for almost 20 years I have a little over 2,000 stamps but have only ordered from SU for the last 18 months or so. I think I have about 30 to 35 SU sets but that is only a guess since I don't keep my stamps in their boxes. I have all mine on shelves in categories so I can see them and get my inspiration that way.

BillieBee 06-04-2005 05:33 PM

I've got 59 sets! Why'd you have to make me count? Now I'll be feeling guilty . . . NOT! I love to stamp -- my sister and I stamp together, so we can borrow eachother's sets. Between the two of us, we must have over 100. Despite the sharing, we do have to choose carefully (neither of us are DEMOS so we pay full price :)) Case in point: I really want Mixed Bouquet, but I have to save for new colors -- also need to make sure there's nothing I want first from the NEW catty :)

sunnywl 06-04-2005 05:58 PM

I assume approx 20-25 SU sets but I have a TON of other stamps (non-SU). Only started ordering from SU this year when I re-discovered SU after 2001 when most of their stamps were just cutsie, now they have so many wonderful styles to match different tastes.

VB Stamps 06-04-2005 06:02 PM

I just started organizing my stamp room, which also means putting ALL my sets onto shelves in 1 area (instead of scattered locations throughout the house). I'm hoping my DH doesn't start counting... or else he might start asking questions. I usually say "look what I just earned" every so often..maybe he thinks that's where they all come from...! I have over 200...

kristransue 06-04-2005 06:39 PM

I've got them all in a three drawer iris cart, and I am trying to keep it that way, but I should just stop fighting it, and go ahead and buy another iris cart to fill that up too!

HappyRaspberry 06-04-2005 06:49 PM

I have about 32 i think, and i've only been stamping since March!! Can't wait for the NEW catalog!! :)

WeeBeeStampin 06-04-2005 07:16 PM

I have over 150 sets! Been stamping for over 5 years and DH doesn't care as long as stamping makes me happy..he's happy! LOL

kayinrd 06-04-2005 07:18 PM

I voted in the 26-50 catagory b/c I have another set on the way, plus I have a lot of non-SU! stamps that I can't get rid of!!! :p

InaRubberRoom 06-04-2005 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristransue
I've got them all in a three drawer iris cart, and I am trying to keep it that way, but I should just stop fighting it, and go ahead and buy another iris cart to fill that up too!

I've got 2 Iris carts filled up. DH bought me the 2nd one for Mother's Day 'cause he didn't have anything else to get me. I went to a SU! party the week before Mother's Day, showed him the receipt with about 15 items on it and said that that's my Mother's Day present from him and DS. He's happy that I stamp and even happier that he can always get me SU! stuff for any occasion, even if I buy it for him. ;0)

Cyn;)

Stampin Wrose 06-04-2005 07:51 PM

Someone asked this a month or so and I counted, including retired and Christmas sets, I had 323. But I have just a few more since then.

Been collecting SU! sets since 1998, only a demo for a year.

robynstamps 06-04-2005 07:56 PM

Okay.......... are you ready for this??? 430 sets!! All of which I have either earned for free or used some of my commission to buy. It can be done. You can actually get stamps for free without coming out of your family fund. This was one of the reasons I signed up as a demonstrator over 4 years ago. I promised my husband I'd earn enough to stamp. It happened........... and some!!

Robyn

nickelini 06-04-2005 09:01 PM

I recently counted and it was 86, but then I found a few sets hanging about since then, so it's closer to 90.

Not that it really matters, 'cause I'm not a demonstrator, but about half of the sets -- and all of my favourites -- are either retired or on their way out this month. That means that I have about 45 odd sets that I feel lukewarm about. Too sad! I should find them all new homes . . . and then I can go buy more new stamps that I love.

serialpurrs 06-04-2005 09:44 PM

8 SU sets with 5 more on the way. At least I think it's 5, since it's been a while I put the order in with my demo and she didn't submit until I got the Summer Mini :)

Stampingpat 06-04-2005 10:01 PM

I have just started and with being here in the UK they aren't as easy to get ahold of. I have at the moment only about 7 sets and have ordered several more that should be here in about a months time.

scrown8301 06-04-2005 10:34 PM

I have about 55 sets. I can't remember. I had 52 a month ago but got a few more so I think it is about 55 or so. I was organizing stuff today and I made a comment that I have alot. DH asked if I had all that I wanted. I said no and then he said well then you don't have enough. LOL What a sweetheart. :D

thefamilycloset 06-05-2005 03:21 AM

I started in Feb of this year and am becoming a quick addict. I have only about 20. I order about 4 -5 new ones a month so I am hoping to build up a big inventory. My demo loves me LOL!

CardFanatic 06-05-2005 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampingpat
I have just started and with being here in the UK they aren't as easy to get ahold of. I have at the moment only about 7 sets and have ordered several more that should be here in about a months time.

You're gifted with patience! I couldn't imagine having to always wait that long for my ordered stamps. I did it once because BROWN lost the order, it was AWFUL!

Pat in Ohio 06-05-2005 06:30 AM

Are we counting just SU? 117 plus the 9 that are due to arrive this week. I really wasn't this bad until I discovered SCS!! You guys make me want them all!!

Pat

Tampersay 06-05-2005 07:17 AM

I know I have over 50, but haven't counted in a while. LOL! But the real answer is how many stamp sets does everyone use? Out of my over 50 sets I tend to oscillate between about a dozen sets with the other sets used periodically. Oh, and how many stamps and sets does everyone have from other companies? Hmmm?

HKKatie 06-05-2005 07:27 AM

I think I have about 20. Not too many, eh? lol. The sad part is that I think I'm ready to part with about 10 of them. Need some new stuff.

lesarapp 06-05-2005 07:34 AM

I have a cute story for ya. My DH and I were talking about a month ago about me trying to get rid of a few older sets that I don't so much use anymore. I weeded through my over 240 sets and only found like 8 I could part with. He told me not to get rid of any. He said he would just buy me a new cupboard to put them in if I need more space! How sweet is he? Nope you can't have him. He's mine for 23 years now! :)

Stampingpat 06-05-2005 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen70
You're gifted with patience! I couldn't imagine having to always wait that long for my ordered stamps. I did it once because BROWN lost the order, it was AWFUL!

Yes, but I have some of the really cool sets that are going to keep me busy for years.LOL Ohhhh I take it back I have more than 7 sets!!!! My first ones were Lovely as a tree, shapes and shadows (really love this one), summer by the sea, and stipple celebrations. They are all so cool. And since, (I do understand how you all hate Ebay, but that is another way for me to get some of them here) I got Baby Firsts, Love Notes, Occasionally,
Sweetheart Candy II and two step stampin mini messages. I am trying for two more on there now and I did put a large order in with my friend over there. So I think I will be busy until the new ones arrive, because you all have so many ideas and challenges to keep me really busy. Besides I have to work during the day and am usually really tired at night, so that leaves weekends when we aren't traveling to stamp.LOL So I should be okay for a bit.LOL Thanks though for your concern, but I think I will be okay. Besides I need more practice in order to catch up with the quality of cards you all are making. I am in total awe!!!!!! Thanks for letting me be a part of the group.
Pat

CPLN4 06-05-2005 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyRaspberry
I have about 32 i think, and i've only been stamping since March!! Can't wait for the NEW catalog!! :)

Wow, now I feel better. I've been stamping since Feb and I "only" have 6 sets, as well as various Walmart and Michael's stamps.

I want 2 sets from the Summer Mini, and so far, have not been impressed with the new catalogue Sneaks Peeks.

Dyu 06-05-2005 10:46 AM

I am in the 0-25 slot. Hopefully this will change once the new caddy comes out!

Debi

jkstieber 06-05-2005 10:48 AM

I have 39 sets with 2 more on the way. Four of those sets are not SU. I also have about 30 miscellaneous stamps purchased at stamping stores. I feel so much better after reading these posts because I've really been questioning whether I should buy more sets because don't I have enough?! Now I know -- NO!!

Julie

serialstamper 06-05-2005 11:03 AM

Right now I have 67 that are fsot. Then I have 60 or so that I use fairly regularly. Then I have a load of Hero Arts sets too. THEN I also have a couple hundred single wood mount, UM's and cling mounts. ***? I must be crazy...lol

auntytriss 06-05-2005 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillieBee
I've got 59 sets! Why'd you have to make me count? Now I'll be feeling guilty . . . NOT! I love to stamp -- my sister and I stamp together, so we can borrow eachother's sets. Between the two of us, we must have over 100. Despite the sharing, we do have to choose carefully (neither of us are DEMOS so we pay full price :)) Case in point: I really want Mixed Bouquet, but I have to save for new colors -- also need to make sure there's nothing I want first from the NEW catty :)

Ha! Billie - I only have 47!!

SellsBskts 06-05-2005 04:13 PM

I think I am just over 100 stamp sets.:) I have a bunch of individual stamps too.:D

Now don't go asking me how many baskets I have?:confused: Way too many to count!

allidee 06-05-2005 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamps&cars
Your DH's actually KNOW how many you have? I just don't tell!!

Well, dh does know, he built the stamp room in the attic because he was SOOOO sick of them being scattered all over the house! He went to the great length of figuring out how many stamp sets I had bought in the time I have been stamping and averaged it out over a 12 month period...oh so scary!! Then made sure the room would be big enough...LOL!! He did go quite over board in his space estimation, but that just gives me free buying rights over the next however many years we live in this house...right?

I was a demo for a few years, and have a hard time getting rid of retired sets, I have a lot of them...probably 50% are retired. I do have a list I am trying to get the nerve to post here though.

mightymouse 06-05-2005 08:56 PM

I am in the over 150 range but no one must know my secret. I also have gobs of single stamps. Sometimes I am ashamed to admit all of this but I know there are those of you out there that have lots more. As long as I use them than that is all right! Come on I need a little validation here. I am feeling as if I shouln't have that many.

angeldoxie 06-05-2005 10:39 PM

I just moved to a new house (our first) and I was organizing and cataloging my stamp sets and I have over 200 sets. I never realized I had so many until I put them all in one place. I love every one of them (except the 2 I am getting rid of on ebay) and can't wait to play more now that things are organized.

Novell 06-06-2005 06:24 AM

96 for me, plus one coming on a trade! I also have many single stamps that are non-SU.

cheddar30 06-06-2005 06:30 AM

I didn't add in all the other brands of stamp sets and all the single stamps I have picked up here and there. Stampin Up are the only ones that count, right ;0 My DH asked me how many sets I really have, I asked if I had to answer:) He said YES! I told him and he said "That's not very many!!!!" What a great guy!!

Kelann13 06-06-2005 08:31 AM

Just can part....

I am well over 200 sets...(pretty sad!)

My problem is I can't part with any of them...and some I haven't even used - mounted, but not used...oh what to do!

(The strange thing is - in every other aspect of my life ---I live pretty minimalist --- until stamping --- I believe it is an addiction!)

cheddar30 06-07-2005 06:06 AM

I think you are right Kelann13! I think it is an addiction, I can't part with any of mine either!! At least it is a usable, sometimes profitable addiction :)