Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   How many do you have? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/how-many-do-you-have-41317/)

apigonfire 04-05-2005 08:07 PM

How many do you have?

I am a "save-to-favorites-aholic!" I have 21 pages of favorites - and I just cleaned it out last week! I mean good gravy!
Am I the only one?

Kendra

stamping_jen 04-05-2005 08:15 PM

I have 29 images which takes 1 1/2 pages.

Jovi 04-05-2005 08:24 PM

:oops: :oops: I have no favorites saved :oops: :oops: I'm way behind!

AndreaSophie 04-05-2005 08:27 PM

I have 9 pages of favorites saved. And I go through and get rid of stuff on a weekly basis. If I have any more i can't find what I am looking for anyway :lol:

gbbren 04-05-2005 08:28 PM

39 pages!!! I can't help it, there are so many great stampers on here.
I keep meaning to case them, but never get the chance.

ski_angel 04-05-2005 08:53 PM

26 pages ! I try to narrow it down everytime I go looking for something. I have my own challenge going. . . I have to get all the supplies I need to make the next card in my favorites :D

stampysister 04-05-2005 09:06 PM

I worried about this when I started saving favorites. Now I save only one favorite per artist. I figure if I've gone one in my favorites, I can always easily find the rest of their gallery. If I find a sample I REALLY LOVE, then I go to that person's gallery and pick the sample I LOVE THE MOST and save that one to my favorites. This way, I can use my favorites as a jump off point to the work of my favorite artists, rather than just a collection of favorite art works.

nurse1 04-05-2005 09:34 PM

I don't save. I have so many that if I would save I would probably run out of memory

texasjodylynn 04-05-2005 09:39 PM

none

I don't have any favorites saved on my computer, but I have changed my color cartridge a few times! :wink:

love2Bcreative 04-05-2005 10:29 PM

Re: none

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynn
I don't have any favorites saved on my computer, but I have changed my color cartridge a few times! :wink:

I too have gone to printing out my faves. I print out the first two pages (that gets me the card picture and "recipe") I then 3-hole punch them and organize them in a 3-ring binder in ABC order by stamp name listed first. That way when I am stamping, I have them right there at my fingertips. (my computer and stamping area are not close together) Once I CASE a favorite I take it out of the binder.

Addicted? YES! :oops:

Kar 04-06-2005 02:06 AM

Quote:

I don't have any favorites saved on my computer, but I have changed my color cartridge a few times!
I am with you... so much easier to just print out the card then don't have to be on your computer to see it!! :)

azure722 04-06-2005 02:34 AM

My craft area is far from my computer so if i want to CASE I'll print it and go off to the basement with it. With 39 pages of favorites, I would lose track :shock:

jdmeeks 04-06-2005 03:22 AM

I have 164 pages of favorites!!! I try to be judicious about what I place in there; but there are just so many awesome cards!!!!

rachelbenj 04-06-2005 04:09 AM

I just started a "favorites" page, but I'm sure it won't take long to get it nice and full. :lol:

Sherlie 04-06-2005 04:10 AM

I have like 23 pages and have only been coming here three weeks. One of these days I will have to clean out some I suppose. I do print off the ones that I want to CASE and I have a stack of those too. :roll:

So many cards to CASE, so little time.

3girl'smom 04-06-2005 05:02 AM

I print my favorites and keep them in a three ring binder by stamp set so I have a quick resource when I sit down to stamp. I add to it daily!! There are so many wonderful cards and pages.

emilymomto3boys 04-06-2005 06:23 AM

I have about 2 pages. I try to print the thumbnails every once in awhile and clean it out so I might actually case them!

kcnickerson 04-06-2005 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilymomto3boys
I have about 2 pages. I try to print the thumbnails every once in awhile and clean it out so I might actually case them!

I have 24 pages ... glad to see there's no limit as I have SO many favorites.
I love the idea of printing the thumbnails!! Then I can have a small visual, but don't have to continuously change my cartridges!! Thanks for the idea =)

Kendra

MarLynn 04-06-2005 09:43 AM

I am glad to see I am not the only one that has an addiction to saving card favorites....I have recently started saving them to a floppy disk, so my hubby doesn't flip when he sees our family computer is now well on it's way to becoming the "craft" computer! :D I started doing this after putting my poor printer through a real workout..... :oops: :D

lindalee 04-06-2005 10:19 AM

I have several thousand saved on my computer (got a second hard drive :wink: ) multiple pages at SCS, multiple at 2 Peas in a Bucket, and a notebook of about 50 pages that I've printed out (9 photos per page) for when I'm really serious about CASEing.

The computer makes it so easy to save ideas that I'm letting all my magazine subscriptions lapse. I let the people who have to be first on the block to get new stuff CASE and then I copy from them.

apigonfire 04-06-2005 03:22 PM

I've seen so many great cards lately that I just can't stop putting them into my favorites.
I have started to save the "technique" or "style" cards so that I can branch out from my "boring" stamping. I love cards that have accessories since I have a stock and seem to horde. I'm not really a CASE'r per say, but I love tweaking an idea to make it my own. The inspiration that I get from these cards is amazing - there are times when I think about a specific kind of card that's in my favorite files for days, even weeks.
I'm going to just keep saving - I'll go back and look at them again, but I just don't like to erase them! LOL I did like the idea of only saving one card that seems to highlight the idea of a technique or style. Sometimes its just relaxing to look through my favorites - I've already found ones that get me excited - why not look at them more often! :)

Love you guys - love everything you do!
Kendra