Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   How long could you maintain spending $150 per week on stamp stuff? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/how-long-could-you-maintain-spending-%24150-per-week-stamp-stuff-455597/)

Paper Kissy 08-25-2009 07:38 AM

How long could you maintain spending $150 per week on stamp stuff?

I'm just curious, this would be $600 per month in 4 week months. Do you think you could spend that much indefinitely or that you would run out of things that you wanted to buy?

Erin

gram2boyz 08-25-2009 07:48 AM

I'd never run out of things I want, but I'd sure run out of room to store it all!

stampin_heather 08-25-2009 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gram2boyz (Post 14969778)
I'd never run out of things I want, but I'd sure run out of room to store it all!

Ditto!

jackie1 08-25-2009 08:07 AM

I think that after a month or two I would run out of things to get, because I already have alot of supplies and stamps already.

Mrsjvb 08-25-2009 08:13 AM

well at least half would be to expand storage at first. But I usually have a hard time spending $150 a month, let alone a week.

cardmaker2 08-25-2009 08:14 AM

Are you kidding?? I could never find enough to buy, after the first month or two. Because I am not an impluse shopper I rarely get what I don't need. And I have a lot of supplies now.

frogwoman 08-25-2009 08:24 AM

I would run out of things to buy that were worthwhile and that I would actually use.

isewquilts2 08-25-2009 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogwoman (Post 14970059)
I would run out of things to buy that were worthwhile and that I would actually use.

ditto for me...but it would take awhile.....let me try and see.....

joy

TheSaucyStamper 08-25-2009 08:33 AM

I make cards for seniors so eventually I would end up buying all consumables (paper, ink, envelopes, embellishments) but I think I could spend it as long as I had the time to make the cards! (ie as long as my kids keep napping at the same time each day!!)

cbet 08-25-2009 08:43 AM

After the first month or so, it would take away half the fun of shopping! A big part of the enjoyment I get from shopping for my stamping stuff is comparing this stamp set to that, this company to that, which will I use more, which is the better bargain.

I have no doubts that I could spend it, but I honestly think I'd be LESS happy with my end purchases than I am now :)

luv2bamom99 08-25-2009 08:47 AM

Well, that sure would be fun. I think it would be a challenge I could live with. :-) The storage was the first thing I thought of as well. I'm already at the point of REALLY needing to use things up because I am running out of room.

RJP111 08-25-2009 08:50 AM

It would be fun for a while.

I would buy everything from SU! that I wanted plus a lot of CS and DSP. Then I would start looking at the CTMH stuff because they have some cute sets. After the SU! stuff, though, I'd have to start buying storage units and even setting some money aside to remodel the garage into my "stamping cave."

babydal57 08-25-2009 08:59 AM

I think I could handle it for QUITE a while. There is always some new tool that I want. And my SU list seems to grow when I order, not diminish.

I also love CTMH but don't buy because it's not in the budget; with a budget like that, there'd be room for it!

And then there is always at least $150 of PTI that I want each
month.

And Flourishes

And Unity

And LSS spending

And Cricut cartridges

And those World's Best Scrapbook Storage triple units.

And.....and.....and.....

Yeah, that could go on for a LOOOONG time.

Pumpkin's Mom 08-25-2009 09:03 AM

I think I could do it for at least a few months. I think part of my problem with creating right now is I do not have a ton of paper, so I know I would start there. Then there is my long list from SU, MFT, etc. It could be a very fun challenge. :mrgreen:

luv2bamom99 08-25-2009 09:20 AM

I am just imagining the huge room that a scrapper with this budget would have! I think it would have to have it's own bathroom and food delivery service because I would never leave!

mollymoo951 08-25-2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

This one. I'm kind of already there. I can find things...but I just don't have time to use them all!

Phantom 08-25-2009 09:29 AM

Oh my goodness, when I first read your question, Erin, I thought it said "per month!"

I would not last long at $150 per week. I'd have to spend a lot of stamping time online shopping, and I'd end up purchasing things I either wouldn't use very much or would get lost in the shuffle and I'd forget I have them. I try my best to avoid doing that now on much less $ per month.

I don't know ~ even if I had a larger studio, I'd be hard-pressed to just keep buying and buying and buying.

RDeaton 08-25-2009 09:38 AM

If I had to spend that much a month, I'd never have time to use what I bought. But I could last for a couple of months. Like the others said - storage would be my main purchase.

ldsk34 08-25-2009 09:50 AM

Well first I would pay someone to come and clean and cook so I could find ALL the time in the world to do my paper crafting so I guess YES I could and would use all $600 a month indefinitely for paper crafting. LOL!!!!

Paper Kissy 08-25-2009 09:55 AM

Fun question huh? I like reading everyones take on it :) It's fun to fantasize :)

I think I could maintain for 4 or 5 months, maybe less, then cut down to $100 or less per week. Maybe that's because I am always drooling over new releases from my favorite companies...Sometimes I wish they would take a break lol

Erin

SophieLaFontaine 08-25-2009 09:58 AM

I could spend that indefinitely. No doubts about THAT. I'd stick to clear stamps only, so storage would not be much of a problem (at first).

bettyjoanes 08-25-2009 10:09 AM

Gee, my limit is 175 per month. I would be an awesome amount to spend per week. I'd be able to go about 4000 to get all on my wish list in the current SU catty, let alone storage stuffs for my room....

MikiBee 08-25-2009 10:47 AM

Yeah, like others, I could do this for quite awhile. I imagine there would come a time, however, that I'd end up with everything, and it would be a chore to have to spend that much. I'd like to try though!

jkstampin 08-25-2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gram2boyz (Post 14969778)

yep - not to mention going bankrupt!

jkstampin 08-25-2009 10:51 AM

It is an interesting question ... especially since what I have found is I go in spurts. I'll by stuff left and right for awhile, and then hit a point where nothing interests me as much for awhile. But before long, I'm ready to buy new goodies again!

KathiR 08-25-2009 10:54 AM

I'd save that money per month and then after a year be able to do a total craft room makeover that would include furniture, flooring, lighting, more outlets, and maybe even a sink!

kikikaren 08-25-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Yep. Same here. I already have tons of stuff and not enough time to use it all! Now, when I was first starting out, it would have taken me quite a while to get to that point, but since I've been stamping for many years, I've already reached it!

Angelnorth 08-25-2009 11:40 AM

Did anybody find a store that sells extra hours in a day so we'd have more stamping time? I'd spend a chunk of my $600 budget there :lol:

My DH often says I do my best stuff when I have an element of "making do" going on rather than having a constant stream of stuff or exactly the "right" thing on hand all the time so I'd worry my creativity would take a hike if I had that kind of budget. Might be fun to try for a while though, huh? :lol:

geekgirl415 08-25-2009 11:47 AM

It's too much for me- I've spent t$150 in 6 months. Too much stuff is overwhelming and really gets in the way of creativity. Plus, while I would like the Big Shot, the nesties, the copics, the other stamp companies- i know i wouldn't use it enough to justify the expense.

kathat 08-25-2009 11:52 AM

I couldn't do it. If I were new to this and didn't have a lot of things I probably could but I already have all the SU inks, memento inks, versamagic ink, brilliance inks. . .pti inks. . .plus all the cardstock my heart desires. I have tons of stamps that still aren't totally inky and embellishments galore.

Sometimes too much is not a good thing since it stifles me and I don't know where to start.

Allistamps123 08-25-2009 01:24 PM

Well, at first new furniture/storage would take up $$$$$. After that give me two/three months and I'd have everything I need!

ozarkstamper 08-25-2009 01:38 PM

Hmm. $600 per month x 12 months per year = $7,200 per year. Nope. I couldn't/wouldn't spend that much money on any hobby. With that dollar amount, my mind is thinking new furniture, new appliances, remodeling portions of the house, an automobile, college tuition, feeding the hungry programs, donations to other needy charity organizations, etc.

deb_loves_stamping 08-25-2009 02:01 PM

I dont know how long I could do it for, but I'd love to try and find out!!!! Can someone wire the money to me?

RiverIsis 08-25-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelnorth (Post 14971524)
Did anybody find a store that sells extra hours in a day so we'd have more stamping time? I'd spend a chunk of my $600 budget there :lol:

My DH often says I do my best stuff when I have an element of "making do" going on rather than having a constant stream of stuff or exactly the "right" thing on hand all the time so I'd worry my creativity would take a hike if I had that kind of budget. Might be fun to try for a while though, huh? :lol:

Move to Australia some Prof there thinks they need a couple of more seasons so the suggestion in CE is that they may as well go metric with the days of the week and hours in the day.;)

GarnetJ 08-25-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstampin (Post 14971166)
yep - not to mention going bankrupt!

I thought I might win the lottery.... oh yeah... I don't gamble.... need another plan.
Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2bamom99 (Post 14970637)
I am just imagining the huge room that a scrapper with this budget would have! I think it would have to have it's own bathroom and food delivery service because I would never leave!

ROFL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozarkstamper (Post 14972324)
Hmm. $600 per month x 12 months per year = $7,200 per year. Nope. I couldn't/wouldn't spend that much money on any hobby. With that dollar amount, my mind is thinking new furniture, new appliances, remodeling portions of the house, an automobile, college tuition, feeding the hungry programs, donations to other needy charity organizations, etc.

Ditto that! My conscience would prevent me from spending that much money on myself.

craftydolls 08-25-2009 03:34 PM

I am thinking that I could spend that much for quite awhile. I wouldn't have room for everything, but I could add a storage shed out back! Then, if I can't spend it on other things, I would spend it on supplies for other people.

Wouldn't it be fun, just once, to walk in a store and buy whatever you want-without going into debt?! Thanks for the moment of suspending reality!

KimberlyinMN 08-25-2009 04:55 PM

I couldn't do it. After 15+ years of stamping, I can now go into the LSS, Michaels, Hobby Lobby and Joanns and walk out without spending any money. (And that is with having MAD MONEY just burning a hole in my pocket.)

Ragtop 08-25-2009 04:58 PM

I would assume that if I had that much to spend on stamping, everything else would be in place (life's necessities, furniture, bills, storage, etc.), so #@!! YEAH, I could do it. Even though I have the basics (inks, tools, etc.) and enough cs/paper to last me for awhile, there are TONS of things still out there. I could spend $500-1000 an A Muse stamps alone. Plus, I'd be able to buy some of those outrageously priced retired SU stamps on Ebay. So, now all I need to do is win the lottery to make this dream a reality.

Momofoneson 08-25-2009 05:16 PM

Nope couldn't do it. I have too much already. I do have a couple of cricut cartridges that I want but nothing stamp worthy.

stillstampin 08-25-2009 05:25 PM

I may not run out of ideas but i'd sure run out of money!!