Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   How do you store your dazzling diamonds? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/how-do-you-store-your-dazzling-diamonds-140569/)

Saints 04-26-2006 06:10 AM

How do you store your dazzling diamonds?

This is my question, I get fustrated everytime I use my DD because I feel like I'm wasting them. they are so fine and I lose some when I open the lid and when I pore some onto the image and try to get the rest back into the little container I also have some allove my fingers and clothes. I need suggestions on how you girls do it. Please.

emilymomto3boys 04-26-2006 06:13 AM

in a ziploc/tupperware container with a measuring spoon.

indyemmert 04-26-2006 06:20 AM

Same as Emily. I do the same for my embossing powders and Heat and stick also.

Karen Murphy 04-26-2006 06:35 AM

I just dump it on over a paper plate or piece of paper and then tap it back in to the container. I read somewhere that coffee filters work better because the powders/glitters don't stick to them. I will have to try that.

camsmom 04-26-2006 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilymomto3boys
in a ziploc/tupperware container with a measuring spoon.

YUP!!! I have all my embossing powders and glitter in these containers

pinkhedgehog 04-26-2006 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camsmom
YUP!!! I have all my embossing powders and glitter in these containers

I don't do this yet, but I'm fixin' ta do it when my feet land on US soil at the end of June. I'm also going to do the same thing with my microbeads.

wendalyn 04-26-2006 06:53 AM

I have Sandwich containers for all my EP and Glitters which i have probably 50+ different glitters but store them all with plastic spoons and i absolutely love doing it that way. I would never do it any different.

Ksullivan 04-26-2006 07:13 AM

Oh I thought we were suppose to get it all over!

K

MSBetsyZ 04-26-2006 07:21 AM

Coffee filters do work really well. I just hold my project over the filter and dump the excess off straight into it.

Plastic containers are nice, I use them too. Keep in mind, though, that the plastic itself adds to the static electricity that can help ep to stick to unwanted places. Same with microbeads...they won't "dance around" nearly as much if they're kept in glass containers.

Saints 04-26-2006 09:56 AM

I would love to keep them in there original container but when I pour the excess back into the jar I spill everywhere, I've tried the coffee filter thing,tray,paper everything. I heard somewhere that you should also put in your container one of those stay fresh little packages like you get in your shoe box. Do you girls do that?

stampinupsunshine 04-26-2006 12:59 PM

i have an over the door shoe holder store them in there .and when i use them i use my powder pal

tiggerificandi 04-26-2006 01:22 PM

I store mine in my jewelry box if I am not wearing them all!

LOL, just in a funny mood today!!!