Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   How do you store your background stamps? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/how-do-you-store-your-background-stamps-212217/)

wendalyn 01-07-2007 05:10 PM

How do you store your background stamps?

I have always kept mine in the containers but now I am wondering if i should take them out and stand them up? I might use them more. Curious on what everyone else does with theirs.... TIA

Snellybelle 01-07-2007 05:29 PM

I have a long narrow shelf on my wall and all my bg's are standing, slightly angled so I can see a portion of each image.
I have...let me go count... ok, I'm back...42 full size background stamps and I use them all the time! I believe it's because I can see them.

SoCalScrapper 01-07-2007 05:32 PM

I have mine on a shelf... so I can see the spine where I put the label. I took them out of the plastic boxes. They fit perfectly with my cd cases. The background stamps are the only ones I left mounted on wood... They are more stable that way and since they are so big. But I only have 7 of them. 42!!! Oh My!! Someday. I buy 1 each month with my stamp club order. Someday I'll have more!

Kristi

jtax 01-07-2007 05:35 PM

I have 3 of those photo storage boxes from Michaels/Joanns that I store my BGs in. I have a photo copy of the images in a binder, so I know which box they are stored in. I have both SU mounted and CHF unmounted ones in the boxes.

I use a lot of those boxes as they are pretty and uniform in size so they store nicely on my shelves - I have others for small sets, individual stamps sorted by block size, 2 just for alphas, one for snap stamps, one for adhesives...

Carol Lee 01-07-2007 05:38 PM

I only have 1 SU and I just got it (linen). My other backgrounds are in their own little rubbermaid box so they are all together.

lauralynn 01-07-2007 05:42 PM

I recently took them out of their boxes and put them on an angle on top of my bookshelf so I can see the images a bit. I definitely use them more often now that I see them and they look quite nice. But I only have 11!

kittie747 01-07-2007 06:06 PM

I have a window right about my desk work area and I have all my bg stamps lined up there standing straight up. They are just at arms length. Now if I could just make myself use more of the 29 that I have other than Canvas and Flannel Plaid.

Clownmom 01-07-2007 06:10 PM

Like many others, I have taken mine out of their boxes and store them standing up on a shelf with the name label on the 'spine' -- like a book. That also frees up the boxes for other things!

Arlene Bridges 01-07-2007 06:52 PM

I have a small bookcase in my scrap/stamp room. On one shelf I have all my background SU stamps (still in their cases) stacked on their spines. I have labels (black lettering on white) from a labelmaker on each case, so I can read them from my work table. I keep them in alphabetical order, which makes it easier for me to locate the one I want.

Arlene Bridges 01-07-2007 06:54 PM

Maybe I should of said shelved like a set of great books..... they are not in several stacks, but instead run the length of the shelf. Think I have about 25 SU backgrounds. Did try the stacking of 4 or 5 in a pile and hated it. Took me forever to refile them. Like the "bookstyle" better.

stillstampin 01-07-2007 07:11 PM

I have also taken mine out of their cases and store them like books with the label on the "spine". So happy to have them readily available and then, of course, I have all those extra SU boxes to help me organiz all my other "stuff" like reinkers in one, Michael's $ stamps in another 2 or 3!! etc., etc.

SDiegoGal 01-07-2007 07:34 PM

Me too! Like books on a bookshelf - labels on the spines.

dawnmercedes 01-07-2007 07:50 PM

labels on the long edge, and boxless!