Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-15-2008, 06:11 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Default How do you organize your stamps?

I'm working on organizing all my stamps and scrapbooking items and just wonder how some of you organize your stamps...mostly Stampin' Up! stamps. Do you alphabetize all your stamp sets as a whole or by categories. If you organize by categories, what are your categories?

Thanks!
Michelle
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-15-2008, 06:14 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

I have tried so many ways and have settled on the following;

Kids type stamps together (my eleven year old gravitates to this section)
Current sets I use the most together
Phrases sets together
Backgrounds together
Holidays together

Everything else-Helter Skelter

Lastly, I have decided I have way too many, some never used, never mounted so I plan to sell a bunch and scale back just keeping my favs.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:47 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

mine are first sorted by size of the box (this helps to maximize my shelf space)

then they are alphabetized

i do store my alpha sets together in their own section as well as my background stamps

all of my non SU! stamps are stored in SU! clam shell boxes in their own section
Old 11-15-2008, 07:50 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Well this probably won't help much but...I don't organize mine. LOL!
Old 11-15-2008, 07:53 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

I store mine alphabetically. I also have a sheet with each stamp set stamped (or a copy of the stickers if I remembered before mounting them). I put the stamped sheets in alphabetical order in a 3 ring binder. It's a lot easier to look through the binder than to physically look through the sets.

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/dstfrommi
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2008, 07:57 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

You're supposed to organize???

No, seriously...right now, my area is a mess...but here's roughly how I have things laid out (and I feel I need a better system, just so you know) SU! - I have a little 3 shelf cabinet...the bottom shelf holds sets that are retired but I'm keeping, the middle shelf has sets that are current...usually stacked by size.

my PTI - Lizzie Anne Designs - CC Designs sets are in CD storage...my Bellas right now are all still in their individual baggies, in one BIG baggie - A Chemistry with Paper...still on thier original packaging sheets - would like to find something else for those...MFT- in their printed 'sleeves' from the packaging, and slid into one of my top of the desk organizers...

Good luck - I hope you find a system that works for you!!
Old 11-17-2008, 07:08 PM   #7  
Glitter Queen

Thank you ladies for posting your suggestions. You are all getting my creative juices flowing by mixing some of the suggestions together.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:29 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Mine are in a set of drawers according to their size. They all have their name on the side facing up so I can find what I want quickly.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:57 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

I have mine in categories - Bride and Baby, Flowers, Nature (animals, trees, everything but flowers), Elements, Mixed greetings (Sets that have a mixtue of things in them), Christmas, Other Holidays, sentiments, Backgrounds, and Alphas. I have all my background stamps still mounted and stored together. I also have them all stamped and in index binders by same categories. I have all my SU stamps unmounted and in CD cases so I store all companies together. I have not unmounted the individual wood mounted stamps that I have and I have those stored in 12 x12 Iris boxes with one for each category.
I use the index binders all the time.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:41 PM   #10  
Kookie Creator

I have new pictures on my blog.

I have unmounted my SU stamps and put them in CD cases, but I don't separate them according to category. I do have pictures of each in a binder, though, so I can flip through easily. The sets are stacked in alphabetical order.

I plan to make a list of sentiments from SU sets so they are easy to locate.

I have organized my Studio G dollar acrylic stamps (in CD cases) and my wood mounted sentiment stamps (in large clamshells) into categories. They are so much easier to find this way. They are labeled.

http://ournestof3.blogspot.com/
Old 11-18-2008, 12:49 PM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Mine are stored in the sterlite drawers (either 12X12 or 8 1/2 X11 sizes) by various theme...Winter/Christmas/Fall/Halloween/Easter & Spring/Baby/Dog/Wedding/Women/Chocolate/Coffee & Tea/Angels/Seashore/Valentines Day/Graduation/Sympathy/Sentiments/Alphabets/Shapes/Borders/Backgrounds/Flowers/Bees & Bugs/Vintage/Scenic/Asian/Celestial/Patriotic/Trees & Leaves/Farm & Home/Fruit/Vegetables, etc.

I find this helpful when I want to make a particular type of card or know the main image I want to work with.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:50 PM   #12  
Mad Swapper

I separate mine by size of box (from left to right), and then alphabetize them (front to back). In my desk, I can fit a row of smaller boxes on the left side of the drawer, and larger boxes on the right hand side. I have some alphabets that are too big, so they go in the bottom for now. Until I fill it up.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:56 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

i'm not crazy/lucky like you guys and have 100's of SU! sets, but I do have a lot of stamps, and mine are kinda helter skelter, but i have my christmas sets in a drawer by my side during this season, then when christmas is over, my newly acquired sets/most used go into that drawer, and the rest are stacked according to size on my shelf, and my clear sets are in a 12x12 bin at my side in a cropper hopper organizer thingy....
Old 11-18-2008, 01:37 PM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi

I do have stamps for I would be 75 different stamp company so from SU and others. So I have my SU stamps which are in their original boxes layed on the side on shelves. I have a binder index of all the stamp images that I scan from the sticker sheet that come with it that you put on the wood. As I put on my shelf al the same box sizes together I have lettered them from A to E as there is 5 different boxes siez and than I increment the number each time I get a new stamp set. So let say I have A1 to A17 for the smaller ones and so on.

For my cling and polymer stamps I also have an image that I put in my index binder. They are all stored on cling panel sheet in binder. I have 9 binders so far. In my index binder I put the binder number besire the stamp and/or stamp set.

For my other wood mounted stamps also I have an image in my index binder and I put the drawer number in which they are stored in. So far I have 12 drawer full of stamps and they are stored on the side.

This is my storing system

Sandra
Old 11-18-2008, 05:10 PM   #15  
Glitter Queen

I'm hearing and have heard in the past people un-mounting their SU stamp sets from the wood. How is this done?
Old 11-18-2008, 05:32 PM   #16  
Inking Addict

I would like to know about the un-mounting of stamps, also.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:28 PM   #17  
Kookie Creator

Most of mine pulled off from the wood -- foam and rubber. The foam was usually sticky enough to stick to CD cases. If the foam was not sticky enough, I put some Aileen's Tack it Over and Over on the back of the rubber and let it dry over night.

For the few where the rubber pulled of from the foam and wood, I just put some of the Tack it Over on the back of the rubber and use without foam.

I started applying the Tack it Over with a foam paintbrush, but it was honestly easier just to rub it on with my finger.

All but 5 of my SU sets fit into one CD case this way. You can fit more if you don't use foam with your rubber, though, since you can get them on both sides of the cases.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:30 PM   #18  
Kookie Creator

I wanted to add that I can get three CD cases (sets) in the space that one set originally took up.

I am not one to buy and sell stamps, so I had no issues with resell values. I honestly plan on keeping my stash until I die unless something unforseeable happens, ya know?