Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-12-2008, 09:21 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTMH ?

So, I'm an SU! demo and addict. I'm going to a CTMH party tonight and I want to support my friend/hostess, what can I get that I will use and not break my checkbook. I have no clear stamps, hence no blocks to use them with, and I don't know that I would ever use them if I bought them. I like wood and rubber. I do have some CTMH papers, but I prefer SU! cuz it is all matchy-matchy with my inks and cs. What's a girl to do?

Help!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 09:28 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm an SU demo too, but I use CTMH papers in my scrapbooks...maybe a paper kit so you don't need to stamp...just paste
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 10:19 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

If you find a stamp set that you like, listed under the set name it will let you know what size of blocks you need with the set, You can either order all the blocks or if you are not sure if you will like using them then I would suggest ordering the largest block listed and use that with the set, if you find that you like using the stamps then you can order more blocks. Or ask your friend if she has some that you might be able to borrow to try them out.

If you don't want to buy the stamps you can order ribbon or other accessories that are in the book.

Have fun at the party.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 10:23 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

If you really don't want to use acrylic blocked then you can mount them on your blocks on the other side of the block your stamp is on and stamp it that way. I don't have all the blocks either so if I need to stamp out an image that is what I do. Works well for me.
\
Sneek A Peak at my blog ===> Karen's Kreations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 10:26 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I haven't seen a CTMH catty in a couple of years but several years ago an acquaintance sold CTMH and to help her out, I bought some embellishments. They had a stack of silver embellishments that I use often - clips,brads,etc. Maybe they have some current embellishment set - or maybe there is a kit that has patterned and solid paper that you can use and only have to worry about inks matching. Have fun! Andrea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 10:37 AM   #6  
Inking Addict

Get some accessories like the liquid applique or the sanding kit that they have. They also have a WAY cool stapler that is like $14. I am with you on the stamps and paper though. I prefer SU!, but CTMH has a ton of accessories.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 11:13 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Default Nice CTMH stuff

I like several of CTMH's embossing powders -- the Outdoor Denim is my favorite. It has a matching ribbon set too. Also, CTMH sells twill ribbon and other "plain" ribbon sets in bulk. I also like their embellishments -- they have some really nice hook and hinges that go with just about anything. In case you fall in love with a stamp set -- and you never know --- you can always use a CD case lid as the block or something else that will work in a pinch. Good luck and thanks for being such a nice supporter to your hostess!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They have a "pen holder" that will hold about 72 different markers. It is very compact and doesn't take up much space @ 14.95. They also have a lot of very cool embellishments, and distressing tools.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 11:26 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm a CTMH Demo...if you want a sneak peak, go to closetomyheart.com and then to choose Products on the left...you can look at the whole catalog ahead of time! Just like SU.

CTMH has ready to alter letter with adhesive on the back, about $5 I believe (my pricing is CDN, so I don't know what yours is). And, as previous posters said, CTMH has great ribbon, a very nice distressing kit and the marker storage is very nice - I use mine on it's side and that way I don't lose shelf space. I have some SU markers and Zig markers and they all fit in there just fine. There are also some great "alterable items" like a Memory Box and 6x6 and 9x9 fold out albums.

I'm sure that you'll be able to find something! And...don't be afraid of acrylix, we can all live together happily! They will stick to the flat side of your wooden blocks, so really no need to buy the CTMH block if you don't want to.

Have fun, I hope it's a good time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 11:52 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

I never knew that about using the flat side of a wooden block!! Thanks for that info. I just checked out the catty and did see some really cute stamp sets...dang it ;) I'm also going to see about that distressing tool and the ribbon. Thanks for all your wonderful suggestions!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 11:59 AM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Ok, go figure. I get all excited about it...finally...and I just got a phone call saying that the party had to be cancelled. The demo fell down the stairs!! I feel so bad for the injured demo (she is ok, but cannot lift anything for a couple of days and has to stay off her feet) and my friend. Hopefully they will find time to reschedule.

Thanks again for all of your help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2008, 03:44 AM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

Oh bummer. I was just chuckling (not about the fall) that I went to a CTMH open house (a multi demo thing done by my neighbor) and I fell in love instantly. I dropped SU and am now a CTMH demo. I can say that the sets are not expensive and you will be able to support her fine. There are also many nice accessories to check out.

Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2008, 07:14 PM   #13  
Forum Fanatic

Kaye,
I know I'm a little late on responding, but I'm an SU fan primarily. However, CTMH has THE BEST embossing powder that I've found. It's inexpensive so it won't break the bank!

My Gallery
and My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2008, 07:30 PM   #14  
Crimping Master

I love the acrylic stamps! Only because of the storage issue I ran into with wood. I had to get rid of half my stash a few months ago because I *literally* ran out of room. I have unmounted some sets, but it is just not something I have fun doing - and forget about alpha stamps. I really wish SU would offer unmounted rubber. Or, maybe like TAC does and offer the option and just sell the rubber and allow us to choose which type of foam, either ezmount or sticky for wood.
Reply With Quote Likes