Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-02-2006, 06:24 AM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Default How do they decide what will be a Hostess set?

Hi,

I like reading the posts and agreed that the Hostess Level 1 sets are really cute this time around.... like one person said, probably the best ever!!! Does anyone know how, once they have their sets designed, they decide what will be for sale and what will be a Hostess set?

I was thinking..... there are a few of the Hostess sets (Riveting, The World Over and Tags so much) that I would BUY, in time, if they were for sale in the catty. As it is, I am on a TIGHT budget and will likely only be able to EARN one, and that will be going in with my mom and her friend to get an order that high. Usually, I just have to order in small increments so I don't get the hostess sets. But what I'm trying to figure out is why wouldn't they want to put those cuties for sale in the regular section? In time, you'll see the Hostess Level 1 sets here for trade or for sale on Ebay fairly cheap... that always happens. So why wouldn't SU want to cash in themselves? Right now they seem "hot" but by fall, there will be a ton available. Maybe they can't accurately judge what are hot? Maybe they don't see the bigger picture? Maybe they think it'll encourage us to order more and more to get them cuz they're so cute? For some I think it will, but for others like me, I think we'll try to get them elsewhere. I mean, I can wait. Look at how the SABs were so hot for a while, and then the market became flooded with those.

Just thinkin' out loud, and I know you guys are a good audience!

Have a great holiday!!

Cindy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-02-2006, 11:29 AM   #2  
Glitter Queen

Default Hostess sets

According to what SU told us demos earlier this year, they stopped putting the hostess sets in the regular catty for sale because they want to encourage people to host workshops. They said the point of the hostess only sets are that they are supposed to be limited and like a special reward for hostesses, and since their whole focus is on the home workshop, that's where they wanted to put the emphasis. It's not intended to try to get individual customers to put in bigger orders.

Also, they intentionally upped the value of the level 1 hostess sets this year - that's why they're so much better. Additionally, they got rid of the hostess sets in the mini-catalogues (the one you got for a $400 workshop) and added extra sets to the regular hostess benefits starting at that same level. If you compare last year's hostess chart with this year's, you'll see that you get an extra set at $400 and up now.

HTH!

Most people aren't really scared their life is going to end, they're scared their life will never really begin. Make each and every day count!
Old 07-02-2006, 11:34 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

hmmmmmmmmmm where can I find an extra $400....
I asked my dd (age 16) to give up cheer so I could buy more stamps but then she asked what on earth would I do with the It's a cheer thing set....

I have some stamps I would like to get rid of but no one wants them.... at least here on the bst... maybe on ebay they would fetch a few bucks.....

I'm already asking about some Overtime at work... I have to work the 4th so that's a little chunk of change (I don't get it until August though)....

thinking... pondering... wondering... plotting...

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If youve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Old 07-02-2006, 11:35 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenClark74
According to what SU told us demos earlier this year, they stopped putting the hostess sets in the regular catty for sale because they want to encourage people to host workshops. They said the point of the hostess only sets are that they are supposed to be limited and like a special reward for hostesses, and since their whole focus is on the home workshop, that's where they wanted to put the emphasis. It's not intended to try to get individual customers to put in bigger orders.

Also, they intentionally upped the value of the level 1 hostess sets this year - that's why they're so much better. Additionally, they got rid of the hostess sets in the mini-catalogues (the one you got for a $400 workshop) and added extra sets to the regular hostess benefits starting at that same level. If you compare last year's hostess chart with this year's, you'll see that you get an extra set at $400 and up now.

HTH!
that workshop strategy makes perfect sense to me. Plus I think it helps to have so many level one sets that you will actually have more customers think they can hit level one.... and more willing to give it a shot.

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If youve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me