Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   How do most of you store your wheels. (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/how-do-most-you-store-your-wheels-120994/)

Lisa62 02-15-2006 03:25 AM

How do most of you store your wheels.

do you use the Su containers or do you have some other clever or homeade item that you use to store them in.I made a wheel tree.same idea as a mug tree.I found some scrap wood in my husbands workshop.spaced and marked the widgh for each wheel then I had my dad drill out the holes.I went to a hardware store and fond some round woden dowels the same size that the wheel fits on.Then I glued them into the holes.very easy to make and inexpensive it can fit a ton of wheels on it. both larger ones and smaller ones.sorry no picture to add here but same idea as a mug tree.

corids 02-15-2006 03:42 AM

Up until last week they were all in a big drawer andI had to dig through them to find the one I wanted.

I HIGHLY recommend the SU wheel storage.. for both size.. both are AWESOME I love them and will be showing them at my next work shop. I do not have one complaint about them! Actually when I got them I thought I was only getting one of each but they come in sets of two.. I didn't read the fine print.

THey are awesome and a GREAT way to store your wheels! I actually have two more sets coming today!

Cori

karinlm 02-15-2006 06:22 AM

Even though I don't have many wheels, I bought the SU storage boxes and LOVE them! I keep my wheels & ink in one and I am finding I use them more now than I ever did!

Saints 02-15-2006 06:28 AM

I agree I love the storage containers. And use my wheels more with them in there and it protects them from getting dust on them and other stuff.

mholles 02-15-2006 06:29 AM

Just got the new wheel storage case. Love it. Now I can see which wheels I have. I had been keeping them in a Pringles can. It's the perfect size, but I couldn't see them and the one I wanted was always on the bottom of the can. And as Cori said, you get two per package so it's a good deal.

windycitystamper 02-15-2006 06:30 AM

I have a couple SU boxes, but I also use a thing-y made for storing spools of thread...you know, it has little dowels sticking out of a frame?!

BasketMom 02-15-2006 06:33 AM

I use to store my wheels in a pringles container (7 fit stacked inside one container). I used a piece of copy paper and wheeled what was inside each can. I liked that for a while but I started to get lazy and not wheel the outside of the can, so then I forgot what I owned. I now own the SU containers and I LOVE THEM - you can see the wheels so easily and already, I've been reminded of using one because they're sitting on the edge of my desk and I can see them so well.

I also accidentally ordered twice as many as I needed (missed the fine print too). So to all of you future orderers: each item number has a holder for 20 wheels (two containers hold 10 each).

kimmiekrafts 02-15-2006 08:55 AM

I use the a sterile desktop 3-drawer holder. I believe it's the medium sized one. It holds about 12 regular wheels in one of the drawers, then 6 large wheels in a drawer and I have the handles in the other drawer. This works for me.

robbrd 02-15-2006 09:15 AM

I use the SU containers and they are awesome. I like being able to see them and grab what I want without moving them all around to get the one I want.

cincystamper 02-15-2006 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BasketMom
I use to store my wheels in a pringles container (7 fit stacked inside one container). I used a piece of copy paper and wheeled what was inside each can. I liked that for a while but I started to get lazy and not wheel the outside of the can, so then I forgot what I owned. I now own the SU containers and I LOVE THEM - you can see the wheels so easily and already, I've been reminded of using one because they're sitting on the edge of my desk and I can see them so well.

I also accidentally ordered twice as many as I needed (missed the fine print too). So to all of you future orderers: each item number has a holder for 20 wheels (two containers hold 10 each).

Seriously - I was just about the post the exact same thing, nearly word for word. :D

Well...except the part about finally ordering the SU containers. I haven't worked up to that part yet - I just don't use my wheels. :rolleyes: