Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   How do most of you store your single stamps (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/how-do-most-you-store-your-single-stamps-136206/)

Lisa62 04-10-2006 05:57 AM

How do most of you store your single stamps

do you have a container or do you have one of those nice shelves.like a display shelf to store them on.I have a picture I printed off of ebay for a wooden shelf to store all the single stamps on until I looked a lot closer to only see that it was more for if it was in a clear plastic case then you just slid them behind the slot to hold them in place.

So how do you store you single stamps.any cheap or clever ideas.I am running out of space for even my single stamps.

PH in VA 04-10-2006 06:12 AM

I keep mine in the clear SU stamp boxes. Before they became available in the IBC, I asked my demo to order some for me. I group the stamps according to theme - one box for Hero Arts flowers, one box for other nature-themed stamps, one for my Eat Cake Graphics people & party stuff, one for my ECG animals, one for fruits, two for sentiment stamps, and one for miscellaneous stamps (like my avatar, for instance) that don't fit with the other groups.

nmslmomto3 04-10-2006 06:57 AM

I too use the clear boxes, and love them. I also sort them by catagories. I bought the biggest size we had and have not regretted it.

kphorse 04-10-2006 07:26 AM

I store all of my single stamps by category in boxes that are like Stampin'up that I get from www.stampmagick.com. I use them for about eveything I need to stack or store. They are much less expensive. They are on sale right now for 11% off their regular price!
Karen

buttons2 04-10-2006 07:38 AM

I use the drawers from Collectors Cabinets and my DH built the cabinets they go in. Works very well for me, because I can transport them from FL to NC every six months. He build me cabinets in both places. Here's their web site. HTH.

http://www.collectors-cabinets.com/c...sp?catid=23283

Wanda

MSBetsyZ 04-10-2006 07:55 AM

I use the 11x17 clear acrylic box frames. They are labeled by category (events, Christmas/winter, other holiday, flowers, etc.). They can stack nicely or, if I use the cardboard insert as a box with the acrylic as the lid, I can put them on a shelf like books on their sides.

Tanneb 04-10-2006 08:17 AM

storage

I picked up two display cases at a garage sell for $1.00 each. I don't know what they were originally made to do, maybe display curios? One is about 18" square and the second is about 24" square. They're both about 2" deep and each has six shelves broken up into cubbies. When hanging on the wall, this gives me several shelves ranging from 2"x2"x2" to 4"x4"x2" to hold my individual stamps. I hung them on the wall above my craft table and they hold quite a few of my stamps. I pulled the seasonal stamps and store them by season in the SU! clear boxes.

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for more of these!

amystampz 04-10-2006 09:51 AM

I have display box that I hung on the wall right in front of my table for the stamps I use all the time. I put the others in a clear plastic shoeboxes. They work great on my book shelf.

Kittypaws 04-10-2006 04:14 PM

You guys are all so organized! I toss mine in a basket until I can come up with something better (and that I can afford).

Clownmom 04-10-2006 04:54 PM

I've been storing my single stamps in SU clear boxes that I had ordered. Now that I read the article in SS about storing the BG stamps out of the box on end, I have a whole new supply of empty plastic boxes to fill up! Like several others, I categorize them -- flowers, trees, sentiments, etc.

dawnmercedes 04-11-2006 04:42 AM

I have a some three drawer sterilite containers. The single stamps that I pick up here and there are in a drawer. Pretty simple.

Mahloumel 04-11-2006 09:29 AM

Thanks for posting about the box frame organisation idea! I've seen those frames in Michaels; is that where you got yours?