Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   How did YOU find out about Splitcoaststampers? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/how-did-you-find-out-about-splitcoaststampers-29277/)

a_place_for_ink 02-13-2005 04:39 PM

How did YOU find out about Splitcoaststampers?

I've been a demo for a while and heard about this site long before I joined ...now I'm curious...

How'd you find out about this and how long have you been a member?
I heard from another stamping community/bb called Gingerwood (rubberstamping) and joined about 2 months ago... and I just now realized that everyone's info about when they've been a member is on the left...duh!

Do you tell other stamping friends/acquaintances about this site? I'm ashamed to say that I have not shared this wealth of resource with stamping friends but that is mostly because they don't have computers at home...only at work!!!

Patra 02-13-2005 04:49 PM

I found out about this site last year at SU! convention. I overheard someone sitting in front of me telling someone else about it and asked for the web address. I joined shortly after I got home.

addicted2stamps 02-13-2005 04:51 PM

I found it on google!

Since that wonderful day about a year ago I've shared with my demo and bunches of other stampers I know including my sister who shared it with her demo.

crabbymommyof2 02-13-2005 04:56 PM

I found it through a demo.....

ashowers76 02-13-2005 04:58 PM

I found out about it on a SU! Yahoo group site, and shared with my sister-in-law who is a demo and hadn't heard of it. We're hooked! :)

dolphenecho 02-13-2005 05:00 PM

found SCS

I found it by doing a search on yahoo, searching for card galleries of SU sets.. Loved the ideas and am now very addicted....

too 02-13-2005 05:16 PM

I found it the same way, searching the web for galleries of Stampin up stamps. I didn't quite know what I had found, I seen the gallery but didn't realize until a week later all the wonderful information and tips shared on this site. I have been hooked ever since. I love this site, the best thing on the web.

kendra 02-13-2005 05:17 PM

I found it by doing a Google search. Boy how things change in a year!

PenelopePitstop 02-13-2005 05:20 PM

I can't remember for sure. I know for sure it was on one of my subscribed emails... so it could have been from stampahowlics or sudsol.

Someone had mentioned and I immediately came to check it out for myself. This place is like the Holy Grail of stamping!

mschoener 02-13-2005 05:31 PM

I found it through my Demo and have told others about it also. Trying to get my daughter into online swaps. We used to stamp camp together and she used to be a demo.

Mom-of-one 02-13-2005 05:38 PM

google :D

EricaB 02-13-2005 05:45 PM

I saw a post on Stampin' Discuss about it, I joined in June, # 6155. I am totally addicted to it now (oh yeah, like I'm the only one, lol!).

dbennett 02-13-2005 05:49 PM

My wonderful demo told me about it and I can assure everyone that all it has done for her is increase sales!!!LOL
I think she realized I was an ADDICT and passed on the "drug" to keep me going!!! :lol: :twisted:
I definitely love her for it and I know that she is glad she did it!!! :wink:
Denise

stampinchickie 02-13-2005 05:50 PM

sister demo-- pony110--clued me in at one of our demo get togethers. Don't know whether to thank her or shoot her...I spend more time on here than I do stamping!!! :lol: Kim

h2j3 02-13-2005 05:51 PM

I found it thru another web site. I tell all of my customers and other demos about it. This is the greatest site. I love it :D

kimmiekrafts 02-13-2005 05:51 PM

My demo shared the "secret" with me when I signed up as a demo myself. I share it with everyone though!

bonnie0717 02-13-2005 05:52 PM

I too did a search for samples and found this wonderfull site. I have been checking/lurking around this site, then decided to sign up when I became a demo, all the help I need is at my finger tips!! I love this site & before I found it, I thought of making one just like it! but this site is so great that it would sure be hard to beat!

stamper_jamie 02-13-2005 05:56 PM

My upline told me about SCS, and I'm so glad she did.

Motherof6 02-13-2005 06:04 PM

My favorite SIL pointed me in this direction and I don't think I have left since. :oops:

jdmeeks 02-13-2005 06:14 PM

I discovered it last summer while doing a Google search for Stampin Up sites (I'm always on the look out for gallery sites). I must say this is my best find ever!!!!!

tiggerificandi 02-13-2005 06:59 PM

My demo told me. This is an awesome place, and I think I found a slice of heaven!

gamblemom 02-13-2005 07:02 PM

Google searched for stampin up galleries!

Andrea Jackson 02-13-2005 07:22 PM

I think... I googled searched for stampin up galleries too. Now i'm hooked... and I tell everyone else about it too! :)

wendystamps 02-13-2005 07:26 PM

I found it when googling instructions for the Crayon Resist technique. It brought me to Beate's tutorial - I had no idea what I had stumbled onto! Thank you SCS!!!

leslierich 02-13-2005 07:32 PM

How did you find out about Splitcoaststampers?

My generous and very talented demo turned me onto Splitcoast! Thanks from the bottom of my heart!
-- Leslie

parisotremba 02-13-2005 07:37 PM

I've got a new one.....
I found out about SCS from my Cousin - in -law. Who is one of my best customers! She found it on Google 1 1/2 years ago!

I've been addicted for 1 year!

crazyladyjay 02-13-2005 07:50 PM

I found it through the Stampin' Discuss Forum on the SU! website. Thank goodness for that!!! Otherwise, I might have to spend my time doing something silly like clean or pay the bills!!!

nary jane 02-14-2005 02:21 AM

i saw it mentioned on another forum--i don't know how i didn't manage to stumble across it earlier :lol:

scrapyme 02-14-2005 02:56 AM

One of my customers suggested it with a bunch of others and after I looked here I quit searching for ideas anywhere else :D

stampinsusie 02-14-2005 03:37 AM

My SU demo.

grazina 02-14-2005 03:51 AM

I found it through google while looking for SU card samples.

Speedystamper 02-14-2005 03:55 AM

I'm not really sure how I found this site. I think I was just surfing around following links around to here and there and all at once . . . there it was! But, hee, hee, when I found it, this site was still a baby. I only checked in once a week or so because it didn't move too fast. In fact, shortly after I joined, I remember seeing a post by JulieHRR complaining that she had hoped that this site would be a little more full of action and support! I just laugh whenever I think of that!!! Anyway, it's been fun to see this site take off and grow. I really don't go anywhere else anymore. For me . . . this is it!! Thank you, SCS!

Jo Cypher 02-14-2005 04:27 AM

How I was introduced to the site.

"Kar" introduced me to the site. I love it. :)
Jo

witty5 02-14-2005 06:15 AM

I was having a little pitty-party for myself last July while EVERYONE else was at convention, and I was hourly checking the SU website for updates. Someone on SD mentioned this website, and I've been camped out here ever since.

GAMom2ChelNJustin 02-14-2005 06:31 AM

My demo friends told me about the site. I love it.... I am usually hestitant about buying certain stamp sets because I feel like I am limited with ideas. Not anymore!!!! SCS is a BIG help!!!

Laurelstamper 02-14-2005 06:46 AM

My upline mentioned it to me and ever since I checked it out I have been totally addicted!!!

TamMill 02-14-2005 06:55 AM

Found it on Google---I had just signed up to be a demo and I was looking for some inspiration and boy, did I find it with SCS!!! And I do share this site with customers of mine who use the internet.

grandmascraps 02-14-2005 06:58 AM

One of my on line friends talked about it on another site (Two Peas). Once I checked it out I was hooked. Thanks Susan (aka: Mootsie). We became demo's about the same time and both of us hang out here. :lol:

MyPrecious 02-14-2005 07:11 AM

A group of my stamping friends would have regular swaps. One swap involved being assigned a set you did not have. You had to come up with a card and make 8 for the swap. Mine was a holiday card (Holiday Spirit) and I could not for the life of me come up with anything! I did a search on SU and the set name and voila!

I told my demo and all my friends about it. My demo had been familiar with it, but did not post here. I told all the demos I knew (some had never heard of it). A bunch of friends post here now too! (Hi Mel!)

LOVE THIS SITE!

raiwoof 02-14-2005 07:41 AM

My demo told me about it. Sad thing is, I'm on here WAAAYYY more than she is!