Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-11-2008, 01:27 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What size should I make 50th Anniversary invitations??

We are having a large 50th wedding anniversary party for my parents and I need to make 50 invitations and response cards. What is the correct size to make the invitation and the response card? It is very similar to a wedding invitation. Also, where would you recommend I purchase nice quality envelopes and what size should they be as well? I appreciate all of your help! This is such a wonderful site. I am starting to go into panic mode! The party is October 11th so I need to get these out ASAP! Thank you to all!

Carrie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 02:06 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Hi Carrie,

There really are no rules about invitation sizes so you're free to do what you want. Let those creative juices flow! But don't forget square cards and cards with bulky embellishments cost more to send.

Common envelope/card sizes:

Env. Type ----- Env. Dimensions ----- Fits Card Dimensions
4 bar ----- 3 5/8" x 5 1/8" ----- 3.50" x 5.00"
A2 ----- 4 3/8" x 5 3/4" ----- 4.25" x 5.5"
A6 ----- 4 3/4" x 6 1/2" ----- 4.25" x 6.25"
A7 ----- 5 1/4" x 7 1/4" ----- 5.00" x 7.00"
A9 ----- 5 3/4" x 8 3/4" ----- 5.50" x 8.50"
10 ----- 4 1/8" x 9 1/2" ----- 4.00" x 9.25"

Square envelopes come in a variety of sizes, usually:

5" sq.
5.5" sq.
6" sq.
6.5" sq.
7.5" sq.
8.5" sq.

For RSVP cards, I love postcard size either 3 �� x 5� or 4 �� x 6�.

I hope that helps!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glittergirl59View Post
We are having a large 50th wedding anniversary party for my parents and I need to make 50 invitations and response cards. What is the correct size to make the invitation and the response card? It is very similar to a wedding invitation. Also, where would you recommend I purchase nice quality envelopes and what size should they be as well? I appreciate all of your help! This is such a wonderful site. I am starting to go into panic mode! The party is October 11th so I need to get these out ASAP! Thank you to all!

Carrie

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 02:22 PM   #3  
Glitter Queen

Default What size should I make 50th Anniversary invitations??

Thank you so much for all of the info in your reply and the encouragement as well! I want everything to be perfect for my parents 50th. It's being held at a very nice banquet facility. Should I make favors as well? I haven't been able to find a whole lot of info on throwing a 50th anniversary party so I'm feeling a little bit like I'm winging it! Thanks for all the help!

Carrie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Just my 5 cents worth. Since I assume that many of the guests will be older (your parents' friends), be sure the make the font large enough that it is easy to read for folks who might have a problem with small print. A larger size - like 5 x 7 should accommodate a larger font.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 02:51 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

If you do an internet search for envelopes, you can come up with some sites that offer rather nice envies for rather nice prices. I did that for my wedding (back in 05...sorry i don't remember the site i got them from!) and was able to find silver foil lined envies for prices similar to local suppliers plain ones.

I agree with Mary Ann about the bigger size, she's so smart!

And even though they cost more to send, i think square cards are so elegant...

Yep, me and Nutswithtwins are BFF's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 03:03 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

my in-laws celebrated 50 in this summer. I made a very cool invite. I used a 12x12 sheet of ivory and scored and folded it into a 6x6. It opened up and out. The front had their initial cut out of gold and mounted on black. When you opened it up to its full size, the upper left corner and the lower right corner were full 6" squares. The other two corners were scored from upper right to lower left and had info on each side. Very cool. The full squares had invitation info - children and grandchildren listed. the other two corners had their wedding photo and their wedding party listed, the other had a current picture and had a phrase/saying on it. The corner details were printed on a vellum paper with a laser printer and adhered. A little time consuming, but well worth it. Lots of compliments! I also had a very good reason to "have" to get a score-pal - that made all the scoring so easy!!

Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 03:52 PM   #7  
Glitter Queen

Great point about the size of the font! I hadn't even thought about that. Thanks!

Optotecha - do you have a picture of the invite? It sounds so cool but I can't quite picture it. I would love to see it if you have one!

Did you give any favors at the party? I'm not sure if that is expected or not?

Thanks again!

Carrie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 04:03 PM   #8  
Vintage Vixen

My parents' 50th wedding anniversary is next January and I'd like to plan a party for them (if I can get my brothers on board). I'd like to have the party next spring, when they get home from Arizona where they spend the winter. I hadn't thought yet about the size of the invitation. If we do an open house, I won't need to make reply cards.

In terms of favors: I thought about making either sour cream containers or these party favors in several different gold DPs, and putting the gold-wrapped Hershey's Kisses in them (I think those are the ones with almonds?). Scroll to the end of the tutorials or click on the gallery links to see samples of each.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 06:09 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Boxed Kits

I am planning a 50th Wedding Anniversary party for my parents in March 2009. I am seriously thinking of using the boxed "wedding" invitations that they have at Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby, or Michaels. I have seen some with gold trim that would work well or you could use white and add a gold cord or ribbon. It is a lot more economical since you get invitation blanks, reply cards and all the envelopes in one box. We used these for my daughters wedding and dressed them up a bit with a band of decorative paper and ribbon and used a fancy font to print the information on the blank. We got many compliments on how nice they were and the best part is that we did 150 invitations for less than $60 since she found the invitation kits on clearance at Wal-Mart for $14 a box, bought 15 sheets scrapbook paper, and bought ribbon by the spool.

For favors, I am thinking about doing the Hershey Kiss rose bud. I don't know how much they would cost to make but we went to a wedding recently and they just looked so elegant at each place setting.

Hope this helps you out. Like you I am looking for ideas and haven't found too many sources. Please post any other ideas that you find.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 06:32 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

I did a 45th anniversary party for my inlaws at my house. This was awhile ago so some of my plans are lost in my mind! LOL

I think we invited all of their friends by phone - no card making on my part then - ! We had drinks, munchies and lots of conversation. We had lots of very kind thank you notes!

I think the biggest thing is getting together and as host moving between groups of conversations. The party only lasted for about 2-3 hours - not a long time.

Everyone loved the fact that their son and daughter in law wanted to make a party. So - I guess I am trying to say don't stress. Your family will LOVE that you care enough to plan a celebration with their friends and pehaps some of yours too.

Good Luck & Cheers, Rebecca
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 07:19 PM   #11  
Glitter Queen

Thanks to all for your helpful ideas! My parents have been through an awful lot this past year (my mom lost both of her parents and her sister in law and my dad had emergency triple bypass surgery) so I would like to make this an extremely happy and fun event for them. We will have dancing and dinner and there will be about 100 people. I have started gathering pictures from all stages of their life together and will put them in gold frames on a table along with the scrapbook from their wedding. And instead of a guest book I am going to have a book with scallopped circles with lines so people can share a special memory, their wishes, etc. I just can't wait to see them dance together! They love to dance with each other. I love them both very much. Thanks for all the ideas and well wishes!

Carrie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2008, 05:01 AM   #12  
Glitter Queen

To missiowa81: I love love love the sour cream container favors!! Thank you so much for suggesting it. I think I may try those. Very cute!

Carrie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2008, 05:13 AM   #13  
Glitter Queen

To k-scraps: What is a Hershey kiss rosebud? It sounds interesting. I would love to see a picture or tutorial? I've never heard of it before. Thanks for the suggestions!

Carrie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2008, 06:22 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Carrie - one thing we did at my aunt's wedding (and I think she got the idea from a cousin's) was set up a little archway thing decorated with flowers. We then "intercepted" guests as they arrived at the reception, took their photo with an instant camera and attached it to 4x6 piece of cardstock and had them write a greeting on the open area of the cardstock. These fit in the sleeves of a regular photo album and gave the couple a really nice remembrance of their day.

It wouldn't be workable for a huge group of people, but the size you're talking about would work. For my aunt's wedding, my husband, son and I did photo duty and it was quite a lot of fun - we actually got to talk to almost everyone who was there, which would have never happened otherwise!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2008, 06:48 AM   #15  
Glitter Queen

Cheryl, I love love LOVE that idea!! I will definitely look into whether that is a possibility. I think my parents would love that. Thank you so much for the suggestions...

Carrie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2008, 08:11 AM   #16  
Stampin' Fool

Just a thought to throw out there, and I'm thinking aloud just a bit.
Since you mentioned that you would like your guests to record a favorite memory, maybe put it in the invitation and ask that it be returned along with the RSVP. I'm one that doesn't like to do things like that on the spot and I'd probably just pass over it. I like some time to think about that kind of thing and leave a thoughtful message. But maybe that's just me. Probably lots of your attendees won't be going along with 3 kids in tow ;)
If you collect them ahead of time those that are unable to attend can still contribute a message. Leave some out at the party in case they forgot to send it in.
Just something to think about- it really is a nice idea for a guest book though
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2008, 08:13 AM   #17  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbetView Post
Carrie - one thing we did at my aunt's wedding (and I think she got the idea from a cousin's) was set up a little archway thing decorated with flowers. We then "intercepted" guests as they arrived at the reception, took their photo with an instant camera and attached it to 4x6 piece of cardstock and had them write a greeting on the open area of the cardstock. These fit in the sleeves of a regular photo album and gave the couple a really nice remembrance of their day.

It wouldn't be workable for a huge group of people, but the size you're talking about would work. For my aunt's wedding, my husband, son and I did photo duty and it was quite a lot of fun - we actually got to talk to almost everyone who was there, which would have never happened otherwise!
What a unique idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2008, 05:13 PM   #18  
Crimping Master

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Something else to consider -- make sure the reply card is large enough to be mailed . . . I recently make some invites for a 75th birthday. The cards were 5x7 and the replies were the regular A-2 size so they could be mailed back. I got really nice envelopes and great service from www.actionenvelope.com. That the flaps of the envelopes matched was a big deal for the people purchasing the invites and I was able to get them from this company. They had a huge selection of all different colors and sizes. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2008, 07:35 PM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

I found the instructions for the Hershey kiss rosebud here:

http://www.todays-weddings.com/craft...y_rosebud
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2008, 09:05 PM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

Thank you for all the info on this post. This helps out alot for those different sizes for wedding cards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2008, 01:58 PM   #21  
Glitter Queen

Thanks for the Hershey Rosebud instructions! They sound really cute. And I'll bet they would look really nice at the place setting! Thanks again!

And thanks for the thoughts on the size of the reply cards! I hadn't even thought about that!

Thank you all for all of your suggestions and ideas. You have been a tremendous help. You guys are the best!!

Carrie
Reply With Quote Likes