Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   How can I upload if DH steals the computer?? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/how-can-i-upload-if-dh-steals-computer-217904/)

stagccva 01-24-2007 05:13 AM

How can I upload if DH steals the computer??

I finally got to do some stamping yesterday, for the color challenge. Yay! Except, DH took the laptop with him to school, and then when he got home he used it all night long! And not for important stuff, either - ESPN, randomness on Wikipedia, etc. And adding songs to the iPod. I mean really!! My work laptop doesn't have photo editing software, so I can't use it to upload. Maybe we need to get a second computer, 'cuz we obviously don't share well! :grin:

mlehmer 01-24-2007 05:51 AM

I had the same problem before we got our daughter her own computer for graduating high school. Imagine, the DH, me, our DD and DS all wanting to be online. The DS usually hogged most of the time. When I found out we could hook up to 4 computers, wireless internet, to the main one, it did not take me long to dig out an old computer. So now we have a main computer in the livingroom. I have one in my craft room and the DD has one in her room. She's 18 and has already had a run in with online preditors so I know she is careful now. So, the DH and the DS fight over the one in the livingroom. Very rarely will I allow the DS on mine in my room. He already spends too much time on the computer. I had scanning capabilities on mine till I moved things around, now the DH is going to have to see what is going on. So it is frustrating when you can't do what you want to do. I feel for you. You may just have to take the plunge!

Michelle

serialpurrs 01-24-2007 05:54 AM

Sounds like you need at least a second computer. It would kill me if I had to share with dh though we have done so in the past. Now we've got his & hers and a laptop :D

larue 01-24-2007 06:17 AM

I'm lucky. My dh has absolutely no interest in computers. He and my ds got me one for Christmas about 3 yrs ago and he does not even want to turn it on.
DS lives 3 hrs from here and has his own computers, so it is just me.
Now, if the thing would not freeze all of the time, I would have it made.

Annek 01-24-2007 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stagccva
I finally got to do some stamping yesterday, for the color challenge. Yay! Except, DH took the laptop with him to school, and then when he got home he used it all night long! And not for important stuff, either - ESPN, randomness on Wikipedia, etc. And adding songs to the iPod. I mean really!! My work laptop doesn't have photo editing software, so I can't use it to upload. Maybe we need to get a second computer, 'cuz we obviously don't share well! :grin:

Shameful hubby! :p Doesn't he know that uploading cards totally trumps ESPN???

:-) Anne

BrightIdeas 01-24-2007 07:27 AM

Get yourself a laptop.

thuskins 01-24-2007 09:10 AM

DH plays an online role playing game and more often than not their events are the same time as VSN or VBSN. We used to alternate events until last year we both lost our jobs when the center we worked at shut down. (Tough times but all good now.) There was a random draw many of the computers and DH won one. Now I have mine and he has his. Works great but I would NEVER had bought another computer when we already had one. Now when we both have online events we send DD to MIL's and can each enjoy ourselves.

ladylinks 01-24-2007 09:45 AM

My DH plays Solitaire of all things. Not even online, just the one that came with windows. Sometimes he plays for hours. If he gets up to get coffee or something, I jump right on but he always comes back before the page even loads! I have a laptop, but it's not connected to the printer right now so I can't upload from it. DH usually gets on, on Saturday, Sunday and if he gets home from work early. I thought it was MY computer! I don't share well either. I start pacing after a little while because I don't know what to do with myself! I could clean or something but that is a last resort!