Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   House warming card? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/house-warming-card-181239/)

addicted2cards 09-07-2006 08:23 AM

House warming card?

My sister asked me to make a house warming card for a friend of hers. Immediately furnished with love came to mind. However, after looking at the set again, I don't think it fits in that category. I do have a lot of flower sets, maybe that would work...Has anyone made this certain type of card before?

Does anyone have any ideas? I am kinda stuck. Card makers block I guess.

TIA

jestermann 09-07-2006 08:33 AM

Try Micheals $1 stamp... a picture of house with "new house" under the house. It's cute. ?

addicted2cards 09-07-2006 01:27 PM

Thanks, I haven't seen that one yet...sure can't beat the price!

Michellelovesscrap 09-07-2006 02:04 PM

My mom is always asking me about housewarming cards, so finally I asked her to pick a set from the catty that would suit her needs. She chose...
WINDOW ON THE WORLD.
I never even noticed this set before! So she bought me that set and I will make her a bunch of cards with it. I think it has numerous possibilities.

jenre lawyer 09-07-2006 02:07 PM

I love the "new home" Michaels stamp, and I also think "Right at Home" makes great housewarming cards.

Boss 09-07-2006 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addicted2cards
My sister asked me to make a house warming card for a friend of hers. Immediately furnished with love came to mind. However, after looking at the set again, I don't think it fits in that category. I do have a lot of flower sets, maybe that would work...Has anyone made this certain type of card before?

Does anyone have any ideas? I am kinda stuck. Card makers block I guess.

TIA

I've seen a darling housewarming style card made with Furnished With Love. As I recall the chair with the flower pot was stamped on a white panel and colored and then a small border stamp was used to imitate a framed picture and the frame was hung above and to the right of the chair like a picture on the wall. Inside of the frame was "welcome" or something like that. You could computer generate a customized saying and then stamp the border stamp over top of it. Hope this gets your creative juices flowing! :)

stamper4armyman 09-07-2006 03:46 PM

Right at Home is awesome.

I use it when we have people move in and when people move out. It is gret for housewarming and thank you for hospitality cards.

Can you tell I love how versatile this set is?

ckidd 09-07-2006 05:12 PM

I made this house warming card with Country Pleasures, which is retired.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...p?photo=354784

I would think any kind of house or garden type stamp set would work.

Hope this helps!
Connie

vdoyle8 09-07-2006 05:40 PM

If I stamped instead of reading SCS in my spare time, I would use Fresh Fruits to make a housewarming card. I would use the pineapple, which was the colonial symbol of welcome, and the welcome stamp ... and just add the word "home" in a different font. Yup, that's what I would do ... if I ever stamped. ;-)

jwjazz 09-07-2006 06:16 PM

I used note cards and the "Right at Home" stamp set to make some really cute cards for my M&FIL when they moved recently. I would upload one, but I did not keep any. I found a cute little poem to include on the card. If I can find it again, I will post a copy for you.

diane617 09-07-2006 06:38 PM

Country pleasures would be good, it would work for any season. Right at home is great. I made 20+ change of address cards for my sis when she moved. I used the retired paisley as BG and the new colors (last years) celery, apricot and banana.

AZShann 09-07-2006 11:57 PM

I made these cards and the card holder for the home owner who was getting her house with Habitat for Humanity. The cards and holder are rather simple, however the meaning behind them was what I was hoping the homeowner would love. She and her kids loved these. They have never had a house before so they have never been able to send someone their new address.

I used the $1 Michaels stamp on all these.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=38313

buttons2 09-08-2006 05:39 AM

I use the houses from "Right at Home" and put this statement on the inside: I thought maybe you�d like to open something besides
Another box!!

Wanda

stampT 09-08-2006 06:12 AM

Heart & Home

Do you have the first "McDonald series" stamp from SU? It's called Heart & Home. It has a cute house and stick-figure couple. I used that set one time for our new neighbors. Turned out cute...IISSM.

addicted2cards 09-08-2006 09:08 AM

Wow, ladies, thank you so much for all the great ideas. Window on the world is so pretty. Just think of all your stamps you could mask and put in the window! You could even make a shaker with snow. I think I just talked myself into getting this set!
buttons2...Love that saying! Too funny!